Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

@egv

I actually think we're supposed to believe it's Ha Ru who kills Dan Oh but in the preview the sword we see isn't Ha Ru's sword. It could be Kyung's.

Here some screenshots...

Ha Ru's sword:

340661448722c214db99bfa3f57a70ecf1dbc082

The sword we see in the dream/preview:

74198103a9d78a58b00088000c69c952dec8b553

I think since we now learn a lot of about changing the stage by adding/removing things in the shadow, maybe something like this happened in "Trumpet Creeper". Plus Jinmichae told Kyung it was something HE did, not Ha Ru. So... maybe Kyung found out about the love between Dan Oh and Ha Ru and is ambushing them but something goes wrong and Dan Oh dies. At Ha Ru's hand or maybe someone else's hand.

• Like 14

32 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@egv

I actually think we're supposed to believe it's Ha Ru who kills Dan Oh but in the preview the sword we see isn't Ha Ru's sword. It could be Kyung's.

Here some screenshots...

Ha Ru's sword:

The sword we see in the dream/preview:

I think since we now learn a lot of about changing the stage by adding/removing things in the shadow, maybe something like this happened in "Trumpet Creeper". Plus Jinmichae told Kyung it was something HE did, not Ha Ru. So... maybe Kyung found out about the love between Dan Oh and Ha Ru and is ambushing them but something goes wrong and Dan Oh dies. At Ha Ru's hand or maybe someone else's hand.

I was thinking maybe Kyung incites a fight to the death with Haru, and Dan Oh, because Stage dictates that she loves Kyung, throws herself between them to save Kyung from Haru's killing blow.  She dies for a love she never had, at the hands of her lover, who tries to literally pull the sword back with his other hand.

Man, Haru's remorse but also bitterness towards the writer would know no bounds.

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

I've noticed a couple things while watching and rewatching. First of all:

Is nobody suspicious that suddenly a new manhwa appears in the manhwa? The one Do Hwa has been reading. It's called 장미꽃을 그대에게 (A Rose for You). Do Hwa is reading it and is promoting it as something to learn how to flirt from.

Now of course we could say that even in the world of "Secret" manhwas exist. But I would say if we really believe that things are still controlled by the writer I can't imagine it's a coincidence that Do Hwa aka the drama keeps showing us this specific one. Also, who do we know in this drama aka manhwa who doesn't need any lessons in flirting? Yes, it's Ha Ru. So could it be that:

Hide contents

Since "Trumpet Creeper" ends on a sad note, so will "Secret" but just like in the webtoon Dan Oh and Ha Ru will meet in another manhwa as the leads (I think in the webtoon they're extras?) and have their happy ending there?

Of course:

Hide contents

It could also hint towards Baek Kyung since he gave roses to Dan Oh. So he may end up in a new manhwa as well and finally get the girl (which hopefully isn't a 2nd  Dan Oh... that would be weird).

On the other hand, the manhwa only appeared in the shadows and never on stage. So it might be not relevant at all. And I might be overthinking. :D But "Trumpet Creeper" also only appears in the shadow.

What a saccharine sweet cover. I wouldn't be caught dead reading it.  Thank goodness Dohwa's reading it for dating advice not pleasure.  Just goes to show if all Haru and Dan Oh get is a happ y ending, it wouldn't be much of a story.  Put them out to pasture.

But covers can be deceiving.  The title reminded me most of Flowers for Algernon and A Rose For Emily, both very disturbing stories.  The first might have a vague tie in with the protagonist first 'awaking' then sleeping again. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 8

Hold still my heart! The only thing Haru fears is a world that doesn’t have Eun Dan Oh in it while his own existence is of no consequence to him. The love he feels for her is so selfless and unconditional while Baek Young always makes everything about himself. Even he is shook by Haru’s declaration and it almost appearss as if, deep down, BY wanted to be like Haru but some inherent part of him prevented him.

3c99c0e0f000f92e26e6f3bd35ecf1b3b78a2899.png

It really makes such a perfect, yet heartbreaking sense why Haru is so ready to make himself out of the equation for Dan Oh’s sake - be it in the previous manhwa or now, he never had anything; no family, no friends, no home. It’s therefore only natural that she would become the center of his universe. 

When Haru stands up to Baek Young, it’s such an epic moments because while previously he was always defending only Dan Oh, now, he is actually standing up for himself. He basically declares that he isn’t the writer’s puppet, not matter how much some people want him to be or push him into that role. IT WASN’T THE WRITER WHO GAVE HIS LIFE A REASON, IT WAS DAN OH. IT WASN’T THE WRITER WHO MADE HIM LOVE DAN OH, IT WAS HIS CHOICE. His alone and no one else’s, be it in the previous webtoon, or now.

The conviction with which Haru is ready to give up his own existence to protect Dan OH might seem shocking until you realize that he can’t live in a world without her. She gives his life a meaning so when he’s protecting her, he is also fighting for his right to live.

a097a4d1d2ec85253ed235bf44a9e9faf1d45fd6.png

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 10
  • Insightful 2

Okay, I was celebrating this moment. Because it was about time Joo Da said something and that she is able to do so. Also: Sae Mi, you need to stop being a bully. This wasn't even a stage and she is still part of it. Like I adore Sae Mi but I don't like the bully Sae Mi.

7575598c266534dab7710e815ac5827fb569dbe2

471bdf0016684dac434957c31b750218c7b73318

c50e6817adb999fc751195373282ebf604e7bb05

Spoiler

d715f43aab47125f4def5b95191f97ed8de8e76b

a4eb036f3b2957121661cae6c0b98d3b2a3c8a55

0d8c57c61e478f2c2a21855147f19109aaaf9ce8

40acca2af2bdd48826daec442d2e758faaa45759

6120b0a05ec3b199c3fec087149e1c50d774de0a

6026d8731db0953b512e26506d0415fd5b0de1bd

ec9348051cb76e89ed9e79d9e3b2c4b1a0539c8a

Credit: dramaintherain

• Like 12

I think HR killed DO but it was not deliberate and he grabbed the sword with his left hand to stop it but it was too late. But the scene doesn’t look like a sword fight. It starts off with guards surrounding figures kneeling? DO’s father is supposed to take BK’s side in his desire for power. It could well be that he refused? And BK decides to kill him? HR does the killing for him so as he steps forward to kill DO’s father, DO steps in and dies in his stead.

29-F9-AE4-E-B014-4-DBD-8158-4-A7938-AAFA

So I think what’s happened is that just as in Secret, DO and HR fall in love in TF. As they attempt to change the stage, the wedding between Kyung and DO is called off (just like the most recent stage scene in Secret with the proposal). The marriage alliance falls flat. Kyung no longer has the allegiance of DO’s father (which was why he insisted on marrying DO in the first place) so he chooses to kill him just like he did the other official who refused to take his side. This chain of events therefore leads to DO sacrificing herself to save her father. Had the wedding moved forward, this tragic end would not have eventuated..

That’s why JMC is so adamant that the stage isn’t changed in Secret.  DO is meant to stay by BK’s side.  If she stays, she lives.  If she doesn’t, she dies.

• Like 8
  • Sad 6
  • Insightful 8

@nrllee

Definitely a interesting theory. Just one thing... the people in this still are more like this. Thankfully they showed us the clothing of each and everyone pretty well in the past scenes. :D The guy next to Kyung's brother is most likely their father.

48967862c34421c3d301016af9a5a0f0c7ed0e9f

• Like 11
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 3

Looking at @Jillia’s pic (better resolution), the other scenario is as someone else has suggested - the sword fight.  BK’s sword was meant for HR but DO steps in to die for HR.

It’s  a sad ending. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Something that is funny here. Dunno whether you feel the same way or not. But you all must notice it too. It's a manhwa where they set to live in an monarch age. I know that Joseon is the nation after silla and Goryeo ended right? So Joseon is much modern than the two. And they're not in Joseon, much more like in Goryeo. So how could they blatantly show that super sophisticatedly colorful printed-manhwa in that time? Isn't it supposed to be something like a sketch book, LOL. And how in the world that the writer's book reaches onto its characters' hands. Well.. well... just for laugh, I don't mean to be serious with it. Other parts are well done tho.

I noticed that too instead of being amazed by that kind of book with that kind of ink, picture, and paper, they are more shocked by the fact that they are manhwa character. :lol: Did word manhwa or manhwa book even exist in that era? I thought they used to only have novel with no pictures.

From the beginning there are a lot of questionable things i found while watching this drama. Another one i found after watching ep 12 is how can the proposal stage happens normally with BK video when DH clearly has substituted the flash drive and take the initial fd BK give. Only after HR directly interferes the stage can the stage change and the other video from the other fd is played. The sequence just does't make sense to me. But then i decided to just enjoy the show. So far for me EY is good enough even with its flaws, it just needs to wrap up well with the remaining 4 episodes and this will be one of my favorite dramas of the year.  

Just like we are deceived by last week preview into believing that JMC back story with the girl would be revealed this week, i think DO surgery will happen in the final week.

I love all the discussion, thoughts and insights on this thread, keep it going good people.

I want to post this compilation of DO hitting HR. It's funny how the video ends with HR pulling out his sword to DO and the caption for that post means is this the reason DO was killed in the past

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

I really find it intriguing that both female leads (DO/JD) and second male leads (HR/DH) in the "writer's" webtoon (Secret/Trumpet Creeper) became self aware and had fallen instead with each other. This just shows that in the fantasy world (stage) majority of females tend to like the bad boy type as shown in sooooo many kdrama examples but in real life (shadow) females prefer the kind and loving type more. The reference to this specific drama trope is really funny and satisfying because no girl will really like someone who is always a jerk to her much more have a 10 year unrequited love.

As for HR killing? DO, it reminds me of something in the webtoon.

Spoiler

In the webtoon, JMC falls for someone other than the female lead. I assume she's the second female lead or an extra. Both of them are self - aware as well. But when the stage started, JMC killed the one he's in love with. He doesn't have a choice since that is the stage. He only realized it when the stage is over and he saw the girl he loved dying in his own hands. I don't know if they will do the same thing in the drama but the parallels are there. I think BK will order HR to kill DO and since it's in the stage he will follow but when the stage ended he will see DO dying at the end of his sword that's why in the scene, he is holding the blade trying to pull it away from her and that's where he also got his scar from. I also think that is the reason as to why HR suddenly appeared in Secret. He is unconsciously looking for and waiting for DO since they had a sad ending in the Trumpet Creeper and that's why the trumpet creeper flower is always resonating with him. Because it signifies his will to wait for DO forever.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Jillia said:

Everytime Ha Ru calls Dan Oh "agasshi" I'm dying a small happy death... 

same  how can "agassi" word such effective?:tears::bawling::wub: when he said agassi...

MTVkYzYxOThmOWYxOWM.gif

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

Can I just say that thank goodness Dan Oh in "Trumpet Creeper" didn't have to live through a 10 year crush on Kyung to find out she doesn't like him/doesn't want to marry him? I love that she said it right away that the man she loves is Ha Ru and she doesn't want to be with Kyung.

Also, I haven't said it but I LOVED how Dan Oh ambushed Ha Ru after realizing he has been following her. Like girl got some moves with that little dagger. And Ha Ru acknowledged her skills. His pride wasn't hurt because she was able to trick him. Imagine Kyung in that moment... he would kick around market stands.

On another note though...:wub::wub:

f9b7ea42587a88c27507afa62013a489085e0abad838f3639f69c5b76c3bd8876b3d7a6232ec41d1

Credit: okashiratsuki

And you know what is making me angry? Kyung disregarding Dan Oh's statement. Like no matter what she says he is either only hearing half of it or what's convenient for him OR he says "no, Dan Oh, you're wrong. I'M your beginning." Boy, that may be right for this dreadful manhwa you're stuck in but it's not real. His behavior reminds me so much of all the male leads in other dramas - 10 years ago and sometimes even now. Can we please leave these kind of male characters in the past?

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

Let us not forget the importance of BK's father in both manhwas. The father is the one who advises or forces BK to marry DO in order to increase his power/position. Then in both manhwas, the marriage is called off. Based on @Jillia's screenshot, 48967862c34421c3d301016af9a5a0f0c7ed0e9fBK's father/minister is present, when DO dies. So in my opinion, the minister is the one who actually causes DO to die by advising BK to  arrest DO and even kill her in order to weaken the king's support since they didn't choose BK's side. One possibility is that HR on the stage is forced to kill her. That's why JMC warned HR not to change the stage because calling off the engagement would lead to her death. In other words, this could mean that BK's father in Secret is also involved in DO's announced death and no one is aware of it. Maybe he decides to have DO died in surgery because he has found a new ally: NMJ's mother from that S. group. 

From the manhwa, we know that

Spoiler

LDW's brother was involved in the loss of JD's mother... so maybe the writer might have decided to use this trope in DO's life. And LDW's brother is forced to kill her... "stage", just like in Trumpet Creeper. In both cases, DO dies because of a cut and a knife/sword!

Since the brother was there, I suspect that he can remember the story from the Trumpet Creeper. That's why he kept pushing BK not to call off the engagement. Yet, the brother wasn't aware of the reasons why the engagement was called off in the first case and I am sure, he is still unaware why DO called off the engagement in Secret. He believes that he was the only one who was aware all this time.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 5

On 11/8/2019 at 1:34 AM, Jillia said:

We all think it's about the characters being aware or not aware. And changing their fates or not. But I was thinking from the beginning what if everything we see is actually part of the manhwa, of the plot itself?

What if the writer is actually writing Dan Oh AND Ha Ru (as the leads) the way we see them? Maybe the writer isn't so dumb after all. lol

i really like this theory. that would make the writer brilliant and that plot line would be much better than secret's plot line. and this would a huge inception.

• Like 4

@bebebisous33

I know this is a manhwa/drama and it's making fun of all the tropes but I still have this big question mark above my head. Because I don't see how marrying Dan Oh to his son could benefit Kyung's father. I get that if she was healthy and would join their family it would create a bond between their families and the business relationship between Kyung's and Dan Oh's father would lead to Dan Oh's father investing money. But in the end if she dies then what reason would her father have to keep that business relationship? It makes no sense to me. I actually makes more sense in "Trumpet Flower" that two families join in order to weaken the king aka to make it impossible for Dan Oh's father to support Jinmichae aka the king.

But you could definitely be right when it comes to Kyung's father that he is the puppet master behind everything.

EDIT:

Here the screenshot of Ha Ru and we see Kyung in the back...

96863522193e1428f4abd83fa3b1bf6944563929

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, taskdramafanatic said:

i really like this theory. that would make the writer brilliant and that plot line would be much better than secret's plot line. and this would a huge inception.

I guess we will find out what the drama has planned for us. :D

Ha Ru on the other hand is 100% done with Kyung. Like he told Kyung to fix himself but Kyung keeps being obsessed with Dan Oh...

But also Rowoon is so handsome. Everytime I look at him I have "HOW!?" on my mind. :lol:

9e55b6632802b11c4f6843ed0e8a11f8027832e877770dcaba009f53f5a0b686bd15f94b51fd1e40

Spoiler

a8e1d92eaf720595a27483631f08fee3a978faa19e4b94252aa93f22b13b425e1d34344cd370bfcc

Credit: okashiratsuki

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

56 minutes ago, Jillia said:

EDIT:

my baby, haru, he looks so devastated... curse you secret's writer whoever you are for making my baby go through this.

32 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I guess we will find out what the drama has planned for us. :D

Ha Ru on the other hand is 100% done with Kyung. Like he told Kyung to fix himself but Kyung keeps being obsessed with Dan Oh...

But also Rowoon is so handsome. Everytime I look at him I have "HOW!?" on my mind. :lol:

as long as it doesn't have an open ending or the type of ending where they just show the back of the hero or where the the two leads meet each other at the last second and smile at each other the end.. i'm going to be happy. i'm doing a prayer circle for the ending to be anything but these.

don't even get me started about rowoon and his gorgeousness. all i do is drool over him while watching this drama. he made me binge watch this drama and rewatch it and just makes my heartbeat as fast as dan oh's every time he is onscreen. 1570689780_438_5-Reasons-To-Start-Watchi

a perfect being honestly. 

this mv is so beautiful. all the scenes from trumpet creeper are seriously gorgeous. who else thinks haru is too handsome to be a second lead like ever?? like how?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

@bebebisous33

I know this is a manhwa/drama and it's making fun of all the tropes but I still have this big question mark above my head. Because I don't see how marrying Dan Oh to his son could benefit Kyung's father. I get that if she was healthy and would join their family it would create a bond between their families and the business relationship between Kyung's and Dan Oh's father would lead to Dan Oh's father investing money. But in the end if she dies then what reason would her father have to keep that business relationship? It makes no sense to me. I actually makes more sense in "Trumpet Flower" that two families join in order to weaken the king aka to make it impossible for Dan Oh's father to support Jinmichae aka the king.

But you could definitely be right when it comes to Kyung's father that he is the puppet master behind everything.

EDIT:

Because it is a set-up and BK's father is still unaware. Even if killing DO doesn't benefit him in this story, it doesn't matter. The story is repeating itself and as such he is forced to give that order to LDW's brother. 

Remember that his other son believes that it is better doing nothing because he will get a happy ending. In his eyes, his father doesn't need to get aware... and this is where it is all wrong. All the misery started in the first manhwa, when the minister proposed the marriage with DO as an alliance. Either the brother doesn't care if DO dies and is more concerned about BK or he has not realized that DO was set up to die if they don't call off the engagement... Here the brother thought, the engagement would be called off by BK due to his past behavior. Yet, he had no idea about what happened in secret and in the past as well.

From my point of view, the moment the father gets aware, he could help to change the scene. Someone else dies during the surgery f. ex.  

• Like 7