[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

Ok I am not certain whether DO was indeed reading the First Elegy. But this line really seemed to fit what was happening :tears:

Spoiler

of a darkened sobbing. Ah, who then can
we make use of? Not Angels: not men,
and the resourceful creatures see clearly
that we are not really at home
in the interpreted world. Perhaps there remains
some tree on a slope, that we can see
again each day: there remains to us yesterday’s street,

and the thinned-out loyalty of a habit
that liked us, and so stayed, and never departed

Ref: https://www.poetryintranslation.com/PITBR/German/Rilke.php#anchor_Toc509812227

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

1574389924-20191121-extraordinary.jpg

On November 21, MBC's Wed-Thurs romantic comedy series 'Extraordinary You' came to an end with a total of 32 episodes. 

In light of the drama's finale, lead actress Kim Hye Yoon relayed a message of thanks via her label, SidusHQ. Kim Hye Yoon shared, "I was so happy to be able to live as the character Eun Dan Oh for the past 6 months, and I had so much fun filming with actors my age. We began filming in early summer and wrapped up when we could feel the first signs of winter. I learned so much during that time, and felt that I should work harder as an actress. I feel that I will always think of this production whenever summer rolls around again. Thank you to the viewers who loved 'Extraordinary You' and Dan Oh."

Spoiler

1574391053-1vqwb73cg7-1.jpg

The drama's lead actor, SF9's Rowoon, also shared a thankful post via his Instagram, in light of the final episode broadcast. Rowoon said, "My beloved Haru, I hope he will be remembered in all of your hearts for a very long time. To all of the cast and crew members, the actors, and the staff who worked so hard behind the scenes, I was so happy these past 6 months~ 'Extraordinary You', the end (emoji)." He also included heartwarming photos from the cast's final filming set. 

Additionally, through his label FNC Entertainment, Rowoon commented, "When I first started filming, I was very anxious and not very confident in myself, because the character was difficult. However, as the episodes went on, I was so happy to see myself acting and speaking more like Haru. I began to dress, talk, and act like Haru, reading the script like Haru, and he began to form concrete shape. It was a production where I put in so much effort to become the real Haru. I'm thankful that viewers saw this effort kindly... I hope that this drama will linger as a lasting impression in the hearts of viewers, as much as it will linger with me. I was so happy to live as Haru, and thank you so much to those who loved him." 

1574391719-201911221183363486-1.jpg

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

I don't know my exact feeling now, I was sad, scared, anxious, relief, it's too much. Around episode 13-14 (26-28), actually I'm quite worried with the plot, it's little bit disappointing to be honest lol.

But damnn, last night episode just so beautiful. It's so beautiful until I hate myself for liking bittersweet story of our couple. I cried like a river:tears: And actually it's not really me...

Spoiler

I cried when Haru dissapear. It's so SCARY. I cried at Kyung's last scene, that heartbreaking-peaceful face-like expression is just on point and that tennis ball. Somehow, him and Haru despite the tension, have so many memories together. So I think, a little affection has grown up. And the third one, when Dan Oh found Haru's gift and then Dan Oh realized that Secret Manhwa world will be vanished. Once again, it's so scary.

There are a lot of thought that I want to tell you guys, but my English is just...ough

I know this drama isn't perfect but one thing I'm really sure...this is one of best dramas in my life.

Thank you so much for all the discussions here, I enjoy it so much!!!

• Like 6
  • Love 5

Havin' mixed feelings over the finale^_^

The ending, as is the case in most K-Dramas was incredibly rushed:P so very disappointed that Kyung, Do Hwa, Ju Da, Dried Squid & Soo Hyang were excluded from the finale.. :wacko: 

Dan Oh looked soo..prettyyy with longer hair. 

I hope to see Hye Yoon star in another drama with Jae Wook someday~ Their chemistry was f-i-r-e yo LoLB) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Nothing cracked me up more than Nam Ju's  "My Boys" in the episode.:D This has got to be his most iconic scene so far in the drama. Also I can't at his straight face whenever he utters those cringey lines. I mean this is the kind of confidence I need in my life :sweatingbullets:

Lee Do Hwa always speaks the truth. Also yes he is the cutest:wub:

• LOL 10

It ended...:bawling:

Extraordinary You wasn't a perfect drama but it was a beautiful one. We watch many dramas each year but every year we always have that one drama that stays in our heart for a long time and whenever we think about the dramas we watched that year we think of it first. EY was that one drama for me. Usually I find it difficult to find chemistry between the main characters even if I like their lovestory and them individually. But it wasn't the case here. When Dan Oh was laughing with Haru in library on episode 4 I was completely sold :wub:

I am confused whether the 1 year skip happened in sagak or that they really spent 1 year in that manwha? If it is the latter then I don't know how Dan Oh managed herself. Her crying in the stairs was heartbreaking. 

It seemed like both Dan Oh and Haru are just nameless extras in the new manwha and maybe Sae Mi and Soo Chul are the leads. It means they will not have to care about stages and the consequences of their actions. They can love each other all they want. It was funny to see how the bullies became nerds and the nerds became bullies. I was cracking up every time Sae Mi was saying that she doesn't like Nam Joo. Dan Oh looked gorgeous with her new hairstyle. Haru was as always handsome. They really seemed university students. If only they were the leads then they would have power couple of that university. I think we got more than enough considering that it's a fantasy drama. At least DanHaru remembered each other and are happy together. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Yes I believe so. Wrap up party tonight because KHY was at Blue Dragon Awards last night. :)

THanks! I saw on schedule of VAST, Jae Wook and Ji-il at Jong Byun Yeon. Maybe, wrap-up party is there.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Thank god he did not return as beggar but just a fashion terrorist! I guess he loves everything related to strawberry. Lol  and this time its not trumpet creeper!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For posterity and to relive this moment, I post this!

• Like 5
  • Love 2