Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

Ska-rmavbild-2019-11-07-kl-20-15-09.png

Funny Dohwa :D 

And I take back what i said yesterday, the saeguk story just got really interesting haha...I love the replaying of Haru and Danoh's moments in saeguk version, so cute! Last scene was heartbreaking though, i just can't imagine Haru ever getting over if Danoh dies after seeing him missing her. Somehow, now i can understand that those feelings wouldn't just fade away easily. 

I really like Juda standing up for herself, it was quite funny when she hit the flowers instead of watering them haha.

It was sweet when she held Namjoo's hand but looked at Dohwa. If you think about, it's quite cruel to be forced to be with someone and have no control over it. Both with Juda/Namjoo and saeguk Danoh and Haru, i think that part was the most significant in today's episode. 

Looking forward to next week already, Wednesday is so far away...

• Like 16

My head hurts from watchin' this ha-ha. I didn't fully understand the Leonardo DiCaprio movie Inception either so there-_-:P

In fact, I don't even care who Dan Oh ends up with anymore. It just breaks my heart Kyung will end up alone and well still angry... LoL:lol::P Why did Dried Squid looked shocked at seeing the new girl?? LoL at Y3!!:w00t: My korean's not great but, is Nam Joo's dad's name really Jae Bol!? As in chaebol y'know super wealthy? And the Y3 guy proposed to Ill Jin which meant that she's a mean girl...literally:lol: The manhwa writer isn't very creative with names huh:rolleyes:

• LOL 9

11 hours ago, Jillia said:

Hahaha... yes, heck even Nam Joo (the actor actually) was kinda smitten by her aegyo. It's also a cultural thing. When I lived in South Korea many girls back then, even my age (early 20s), would do aegyo with their boyfriends. We don't have to like it or agree with it but to make so it's a fault of Kim Hye Yoon is a bit ridiculous.

And I agree with you, it definitely adds to the character and the manhwa setting. In the end Dan Oh is exactly that. Plus the drama is making fun of all the tropes and clichés and the female character acting overly cute is part of it. 

@Sanju98

You're welcome. I understand the first reaction would be anger and the need to reply in the same way the comments are written like. But it's definitely the better option to take a breathe and just stay away from such blogs.

Is what she's doing actually aegyo?  I've seen it in other kdramas and just thought it whiny and annoying.  Not cute at all.  What she's doing seems to be adopting manwha tropes and style, as you say, but not the aegyo I'm used to seeing from whiny girls baby-talking to get something from a guy.  It verges, but it's not the same.  But maybe this is really aegyo?  My only experience is kdrama so I don't know!  

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, brielover said:

Is what she's doing actually aegyo?  I've seen it in other kdramas and just thought it whiny and annoying.  Not cute at all.  What she's doing seems to be adopting manwha tropes and style, as you say, but not the aegyo I'm used to seeing from whiny girls baby-talking to get something from a guy.  It verges, but it's not the same.  But maybe this is really aegyo?  My only experience is kdrama so I don't know!  

She does use an aeygo voice but everyone from Gu Hye Sun, Suzy to Kim Go Eun, Kim Seulgi, Park Bo young have done the same....SK natives seem to have fondness for it....I have gotten used to it....they are known for their love for Aeygo voice and strong ears for Sageuk enunciation.

• Like 6

Hahahaha... these two cuties really. I wonder though why they would try to hide their feelings in front of Do Hwa. He is their biggest shipper. Plus Ha Ru asking Dan Oh if he needs to practice flirting. Like HOW can he be like that? :lol::wub:

0267a125cc056615face8270478d92b7f9d10939

e2809255267fcb683bb6ef9f895bf1c76a7b1254

220603478ac4bd1825e4bd1dea5e4340ae3c54c3

Spoiler

57b4ea2e30ed31067aa915d20875f0cd25ed0eb0

3558b91f994e8104702314b45787de3ce225f4ee

e9de5de7b84691e38ea3c889bf8309151c35ee62

9c3bb2c0b9acf0b30302167debdb06a3548cf8da

Credit: ahnjoonghee

I think we're all Do Hwa in this gif... :lol:

Spoiler

1573084083.gif

Credit: DC Gall

• Like 8
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5

Everyday is Haru day for MBC:lol:

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Hahahaha... these two cuties really. I wonder though why they would try to hide their feelings in front of Do Hwa. He is their biggest shipper. Plus Ha Ru asking Dan Oh if he needs to practice flirting. Like HOW can he be like that? :lol::wub:

This scene the reason I am happy :lol: Dohwa want to teach Haru anthing but himself still can't understand :lol: I think Haru should teach Dohwa:joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@leeminhosny

Hahaha... yes, I'm like "Do Hwa, you yourself need to read that book." :lol: 

But I'm honestly so proud of Ha Ru and Do Hwa. They both drink the respect women juice and I'm here for it. Let's leave those tsundere characters in the early 2000s, yes? :D 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

Really enjoying the Juda and Dohwa scenes sooooo much! 

I am also so glad that both supposed 2nd leads Haru and Dowah are getting the affections of the ladies. It's really a gem that our 2nd leads are shining!

Made me feel relatable in a drama context whereby in script the actresses are supposed to to act and like the bad boy main character, but in reality when it's behind the scenes that it's the kind hearted and honest 2nd leads who actually stole their hearts. 

Really feel sad for Baek Kyung though, it is already in his character set-up that he is defensive and an introvert. He had so many opportunities once he became self aware to fix things with Danoh, let her know his true feelings. But I guess having that set-up with the scarred memories of his mum's death and how terrible his dad is, he can't suddenly change and be a romantic character.

And worse is he is up against the forever honest and expressive Haru. Holding Danoh's hands cause he wants to, and hugging her cause he misses her so much. He never denied any relationship with Danoh to Dohwa and Danoh's friends, always clearly expressing how much he likes Danoh and wants to be with her.. If it were me, I'll choose Haru too.

• Like 14
  • Love 4

Kyung: She (Dan Oh) is mine.

Dan Oh: 

giphy.gif

Me:

2PzUNst.gif

Ha Ru: To you, Dan Oh is just a mere extra. To me, she is the main character.

Me: 

giphy.gif

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

Does everyone intentionally stay away from the drama to binge watch it when the drama is finished so they can get to the happy ending without having to wait in agony through the final 2 weeks? :D I can understand.

I decided to just patiently wait for next week without analyzing or predicting the upcoming episodes too much. For now let me just spazz about Hye Yoon. I like flower DO when she confronted HR after following her all day. Her tone and voice there is fierce. This just proves that she can be fierce when it's needed. And her facial expression during the comical scene is soo.. priceless (i cant find the right word for it). I always repeat her scenes with HR and DH and also when she get caught in the act with HR just to enjoy her fun on point expression.

Isn't it cute that SM

Spoiler

starts to feel her heart beats fast because of SC in the shadow? SM ya it's time to find your own happiness!

And yes i agree that in real life most people won't be able to bear bad boy and aim for a long term relationship.

• Like 11

@bee_wannabe

Personally I'm definitely not going to skip until the drama is over. But I can rarely watch the episodes live since I'm in a different timezone and I have to work. So I only get to watch the new episodes a day after it aired.

I think it's nice they showed that Dan Oh is still the fierce female character from the beginning. A lot of people were complaining that she was suddenly so focused on Ha Ru. But it was the other way around as well. In the end this is still a romance drama, plus Dan Oh (and Ha Ru as well) is experiencing love for the first time. Of course she would want to relish the feelings for and the moments with Ha Ru. :D

• Like 8
  • Love 3

The drama in a nutshell:

e5348a97b9dc1d87fddfd792825dcee71067fd5a

0391b39027e20262f429d9bcb4ddecf52a48afa0
Credit: sunghoons

I just imagine how the drama writer was like "Let's make one scene that describes Kyung's and Ha Ru's relationship best." 

Everyone in the writer's room: Well... we'll have that Ghost tribute/parody scene.

Drama Writer: Genius.

• Like 3
  • LOL 12

Is it too much to ask I want a drama in which we can have Dan Oh, Ha Ru and Do Hwa interact like 24/7? I would watch that kind of drama... heck give me 20 episodes of uri E3! On another note: I love the comedic moment here with Ha Ru being jealous of Do Hwa. But the jealousy is very gentle because he knows he doesn't have a rival in Do Hwa because they're all friends. But yet Ha Ru is still a young man who naturally gets jealous but instead of becoming loud or violent, he gently removes Do Hwa's hand. :lol: 

842552f8e3b14b130576c8b6412d8634591165dd

eb4e2fb803a4b9307395bca213575a4cdeaddc3e

7515f121bd6a4ffca063d14e8104452272f277e9

Spoiler

cd409d861788b4569be134f583f37195f2473843

69b8dfbbf174f2e1aae1c9e37ebf546437df9964

a8d390c1865e7362c94c994467ffacc823ae59ec

Credit: moonlightsdream

• Like 13
  • Love 8

12 hours ago, Jillia said:

@renjunnie

I've been thinking about it since the beginning:

Hide contents

We all think it's about the characters being aware or not aware. And changing their fates or not. But I was thinking from the beginning what if everything we see is actually part of the manhwa, of the plot itself?

What if the writer is actually writing Dan Oh AND Ha Ru (as the leads) the way we see them? Maybe the writer isn't so dumb after all. lol

Well, i mo of course, the writer is writing it.  More interesting to me is there only one writer?  I think it would be fun if we had a bickering husband/wife writer/illustrator team (Haru and Dan Oh) and cranky editor Kyung trying to bring this manwha to a conclusion but unable to resolve the tensions of comedy/tragedy or Stage/Shadow.

Does it strike anyone else as odd that we have a supporting extra character with a terminal illness in a teenage rom com?

i mean, comedy in the old sense of the word means happy ending in a nutshell and what's happy about Dan Oh sick, dying and in love with a boy who, at least in Stage, treats her like dirt?

In a rom com, that set up would normally only be there for her to get well and the boy to discover he really does love he r and redeem himself.  Is her operation supposed to be a success in Stage Secret?

And is Shadow where the tragedy Trumpet Flower keeps trying to play out again, where Dan Oh dies, and likely other characters too?  Are Kyung's brother and Squid Fairy telling them to leave things as they are, Secret IS the happy ending book none of them got in Trumpet Flower?

Dan Oh appears to have made her choice for self-awareness and Haru but what if she, or he, finds out that she can live, but only if they live out the status quo of the stage?  Wha t will they do?

It's an interesting conumdrum mirroring eating of the Tree of Knowledge: you get self-awareness, sex/love, and ethics, but you lose paradise, innocence (ignorance), and immortality.  

I think this might be the ultimate choice/conflict.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

BK in both manhwas had a tragic past where he lost his mother. And this is where the conscious BK should have realized that his own past (the loss of his mother) was a set-up. The moment he got aware of his true situation, he should have realized that he should forget his "past and trauma". From my point of view, this is why he hasn't changed his behavior that much after his discovery. He still perceives the manhwa's world as a real world that's why he is unable to distinguish what is fake and real and he also thought that he, as a second lead, had more value than HR who is just an extra. As a result, BK is not able to reveal his true feelings to DO. Besides, he still has the impression, he deserves DO as he is a second lead. DO is different because as soon as she realized her true condition, she knew how to differentiate what were her true feelings and thoughts.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 5

But these characters have never seen what the real world is. So they only know to inhabit that world. How do you know what's outside the universe when actually they even don't know what's  actually inside the universe. So can a self aware character transcend into the mortal world?

-------------------

On a lighter note I really wish Shin Saemi get awareness and figure out why her heart is beating irregular when she stare at Ahn Soochul in pottery class!!

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

So can a self aware character transcend into the mortal world?

Would they want to though?  They may think it’s Paradise but the reality is far from that?  When would you see a beautiful school like that?  They never seem to study?  No one has pimples?  :lol:  With freedom comes the heavy weight of responsibilities.  Think of how you longed to finish school and start work and move away from the clutches of your parents?  What happened?  The grass always looks greener.  And the “freedom” that you pictured was nothing more than an illusion.

Tree of knowledge of good and evil.  With knowledge comes responsibility.  Like @brielover said, if you gain awareness there’s a price to pay and it often comes with things that you never bargained for.  That’s why Squid said he would rather be a character who wasn’t aware “for once”, it would be so much simpler and less “painful”.

• Like 16
  • Insightful 1