Quantcast

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hahahaha... these two cuties really. I wonder though why they would try to hide their feelings in front of Do Hwa. He is their biggest shipper. Plus Ha Ru asking Dan Oh if he needs to practice flirtin

It doesn't matter if the manhwa world is real or not. The characters are the ones who turn their world into reality.   In this drama it seems that on the one hand the real writer is using D

I think HR killed DO but it was not deliberate and he grabbed the sword with his left hand to stop it but it was too late. But the scene doesn’t look like a sword fight. It starts off with guards surr

Posted Images

I expected at least one full episode of flower (sageuk) so i could understand all the events happened in their past life, but at this rate i think the drama will just go back and forth through the secret character flashback to the past. This is actually confusing to me because the sageuk scenes come in random order. So i need to rewatch and analyze the sequence of the events evolved in flower then try connecting them to those happen in secret.

Spoiler

Flower has a sad ending, but I think HR is not the one who killed DO due to BK order or something like that. I think it's more like a sacrifice from DO. It's either she sacrificed herself or she was unintentionally sacrificed to protect one of or both BK and HR.

I wonder with NJ departure what will happen to secret the manhwa. It can't just end with the male lead leaves the country and the female lead continues her life normally at school right? Will this be the time DO and BK take over the manhwa and become the main leads replacing NJ and JD? Because if i remember correctly from the MBC character description of JD, she will show this unexpected side of her when she realizes that she's no longer the main lead due to someone's effort in changing the stage.

i really love the ost of this drama. The one released yesterday is so sad yet beautiful and fits DO HR perfectly. The lyric is sad but the melody is beautiful.

I thought the new ost from last night is from SF9 because it is sung by various singers like an idol group. Is it not?

• Like 5

I’m in such a good mood because of that heartfelt ending between Danoh and Haru. It’s like Haru was saying to her that even if this story ends in tragedy again, he will find her again and again to protect her. He’d do anything for her. His eyes were filled with tears too when he said it and I was sincerely touched because it helped me to understand the depth of Haru’s love for Danoh to keep trying to defy the writer repeatedly considering too that he doesn’t even belong in Secret originally. His promise is particularly poignant because before the ending scene Jinmichae told Haru that he wasn’t meant for Danoh, the writer never intended it, and they would never be together. While Danoh was sick at home, Haru admitted that he felt anxious. I think he feels a growing anxiety that he and Danoh might be parted soon so he took the opportunity now to declare his promise to her that he would always find her no matter where.

If I was Jinmichae I would be enjoying the world of Secret. Trumpet Creeper seemed to be a nightmare for him with an overbearing, scheming, and most probably wicked mother and a scheming, hostile brother. Heh. Suddenly the world of Secret seems like paradise. Poor guy was literally shaking from those unpleasant memories. 

• Like 9
  • Love 6

For these characters, they take birth because author drew them right?

Their world is what author's knowledge is right?

Meaning, the language they speak, the words they understand.. in shadow too, they will speak what they know right?

their vocab is limited to all the words all the characters ever spoke in their presence and the dialogues these characters speak for themselves... so even if they want to break free... atleast in terms of what they say, what they know, what they feel.. that is a limited library of emotions.. isn't it?

• Like 2

Netizen comments :

(+32,-4) I really like Haru with Danoh~

(+26,-1) Baekkyung it's too salty but it's his charms.

(+9,-2) Haru and Rowoon, I will support you!

(+11,-5) DanHaru ♡♡♡

(+6,0) I really like Danoh and Haru chemistry~~  I'm excited to see you again. The more I look at it, the better it is. Dano is so cute. I hope they will get the Best Couple Award and the Rookie Award.

(+1,-1) What's the difference between Seol Jihwan and Baekkyung? I was surprised to see the same actor on Search WWW again. He is a young friend, but he is good at acting.

Spoiler

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 5

Wait wait wait!? So Do Hwa is trying to give Ha Ru the romance manhwa in order to teach him how to get the girl? OMG! Do Hwa, if you knew how Ha Ru doesn't need it because he knows oh so well how to flirt and make a girl (and me) swoon over him. Plus all you need to get a girl is basic manners and respect the girl.

sageuk!Ha Ru *calls Dan Oh "agasshi"*

Me:

AptEssentialFrogmouth-size_restricted.gi

And I didn't think sageuk!Kyung could be worse than Secret!Kyung but wow was I wrong. He got control and anger issues in any world... what the heck!? How crazy he finds satisfaction in Ha Ru killing for him and is reading his control over him as loyality. Secret writer is honestly having many problems...

EDIT:

7th OST isn't by SF9 but by Stray Kids - A Neverending Story and it will be released today. :D

38435257949f86dd3135e579e53bbae7211912e9

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Christ, that last scene absolutely gutted me, and I feel like this show is going to just bury me at this point. 

The whole lead up with all the flashbacks to TC, all the hints they gave in prior episodes of Danoh and Kyung's recycled lines--it was all done so damn brilliantly. Both during last week's episode and in this past one, we saw Haru grappling with memories he couldn't exactly place. Re-discovering the flower pendant, playing with Danoh by the riverside, hearing her thank him for awakening new feelings--you could see him piece together, bit by bit, the history that he has with her, and just how disconcerting it was for him to hear the same lines uttered by her across two entirely different settings. Were they dreams? Memories? He'd always known that he didn't belong in the Secret manhwa, that he didn't have the same "beginning" that others in the manhwa did with their families and their relationships and their setups; so what was he to make of all those familiar but seemingly distant memories with Danoh, where he's not who he is in the present and neither is she? 

Squid Fairy basically confirms it for Haru this episode that they are memories from another time. Add to that Haru's first concrete memory after his return, where he experiences a flashback to when Danoh had splashed him, and you could see, in a way, how he'd started rationalizing their story as a sort of star-crossed lovers scenario. The more he remembers, the more palpable his determination becomes; so then we get the culmination of that in the art room scene. 

If there's any TC moment Haru remembers with crystal clarity, it's watching silently meters away while Danoh and Kyung talk beneath the night sky (hell, they'd shown us this scene twice now). So in the art room when Danoh thanks him for presenting her with beautiful stars and thanks him for remembering her wish and it connects that these are the lines she'd once said to Kyung in the past, you can just see the heartache in his eyes. Despite how, moments earlier, he'd gently brought up their connection and how he doesn't think the author has fully determined who they are, Danoh goes and says exactly what she once had to Kyung while on stage.

Danoh is Danoh regardless of which manhwa they're in; and while who she is, is precisely why he likes and treasures her so much, it begs the question of how much control the writer of their story truly has and if they could ever author their own story together, free of that influence. I think it makes Haru's promise to find her that much more poignant... because he doesn't carry just the burden of waiting, but also of remembering each and every single desperate attempt, past and present. 

ea16a070fa2dd9d80ba4478ec9ab6c2036ed3784

© ariays

• Like 10
  • Sad 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just straying off a little... when I read the recent scathing comments on KHY in another forum, I took some time to clear my feelings on my bias and ruminated. I would say KHY’s voice can be grating at times (not often), but I find it very difficult to see how her acting in this drama can be denigrated. I can’t help but feel really sad for KHY regarding such undeserving chides. I feel many conflicting emotions after seeing the latest episode(s), but Haru’s and DO’s tears in the “star scene” really stood out and I am gutted. 

• Like 9
4 hours ago, J77 said:

Just straying off a little... when I read the recent scathing comments on KHY in another forum, I took some time to clear my feelings on my bias and ruminated. I would say KHY’s voice can be grating at times (not often), but I find it very difficult to see how her acting in this drama can be denigrated. I can’t help but feel really sad for KHY regarding such undeserving chides. I feel many conflicting emotions after seeing the latest episode(s), but Haru’s and DO’s tears in the “star scene” really stood out and I am gutted. 

I usually don't like to comment on what's going on in other forums or blogs but I saw the specific post and I will only this time say something about it:

Spoiler

I find the post very emotional to a point I can't take it serious. I definitely had to get used to Dan Oh's aegyo, especially in the beginning. But I also saw it as a way of coping with her really terrible setup. I find criticising someone's voice... actually weird. What is Kim Hye Yoon supposed to do? Plus I paid extra attention to it after reading the blog post and I don't know but I think her voice is fine.

Now with the acting, I think everyone is entitled to have their opinions. If someone isn't feeling the acting by any cast member in this drama nothing can be done about it. I think as long as criticism is constructive and not insulting (the barbie/ken comment is not something I'd call constructive) it's absolutely fine to discuss it, even here. 

If I take away my love for the drama overall and would look at the acting I can say it's decent and even good. Those are all young actors who didn't do many projects before this drama, so they all have time to learn and mature in their skills. But I definitely did watch dramas with actors who are passed their 30s and whose acting skills are non-existent and don't reach me emotionally at all.

Every actor in this drama makes me feel something, so if they can achieve it and I forget they're actors but only see the characters then I think they've accomplished a lot. :)

• Like 9
  • Love 4
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year