[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

1 hour ago, angelbeast90 said:
Thank god he did not spit that sandwich on Lee Dohwa face when he squished Eo Haru cheeks~!

One of my favorite scenes in the series.  A very shy Dan Oh hits Ha-Ru's lips so hard trying to push him away that you can actually hear the smack of the strike. :blush:

• Like 4

just a strange thought, if haru is going to keep on changing dan oh's stage by probably replacing her character with other characters to play in, wouldn't dan oh lose her purpose to portray and make it easier for the writer to vanish her? Haru is going to tamper with dan oh's stage which is going to harm her importance in the drama since she is expected to be in a stage with kyung but if she won't be playing it then there's no reason for her to exist

• Like 3

Spoiler

I lost respect for koala's playground when she was promulgating the gossip about plagiarism in Hotel del Luna as if there were real evidence for it.  She has no journalistic integrity or responsibility so is as prone to clickbait, trolling and bias  as any hack.  We had it good when Dramabeans stayed on top of their show recaps.  Criticism, yes, but it was balanced, even when I disagreed strongly with them (Emergency Couple, for example).    At least I could see their POV.

1 hour ago, nimon said:

just a strange thought, if haru is going to keep on changing dan oh's stage by probably replacing her character with other characters to play in, wouldn't dan oh lose her purpose to portray and make it easier for the writer to vanish her? Haru is going to tamper with dan oh's stage which is going to harm her importance in the drama since she is expected to be in a stage with kyung but if she won't be playing it then there's no reason for her to exist

It's a conundrum really, and also for their 'after-life' in a new manwha because they'll still be trapped by the constraints of Stage.  Was it Minqo earlier who said the best outcome would be for them to play unimportant extras in the next one?  Then they'd have the freedom they're missing?  He or she might be right.

• Like 6

@bee_wannabe Hi, I just wasn't able to keep quite there. Many times again I felt many are very negatively critical to female artists but graciously forgiving to male artists (as you can see in her other posts).

I usually a silent viewer but this drama is so good and under represented in the ratings.

I hope in the coming 2 episodes we will get more answers about Flower manwha and how it is related to Secret. 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, StefC said:

@bee_wannabe Hi, I just wasn't able to keep quite there. Many times again I felt many are very negatively critical to female artists but graciously forgiving to male artists (as you can see in her other posts).

I usually a silent viewer but this drama is so good and under represented in the ratings.

I hope in the coming 2 episodes we will get more answers about Flower manwha and how it is related to Secret. 

Me too....need answers from flower Manhwa....and I don't want bits and pieces but the full story.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Can I just say that I adore how Dan Oh basically disappears when Ha Ru hugs her because Rowoon is so tol and Hye Yoon so smol.:wub:

Credit: okashiratsuki

I know, right?  I like to think of her as being completely enveloped in his protective love.  I love how every time she appears to be in trouble, Ha-ru is there keeping himself between her and the trouble. 

• Like 5

Yay finally! The still!! That is one of my most favorite chapters of the webtoon. Glad they put in the drama too. 

Spoiler

But too bad there's no rain (the weather looks sunny in the still picture). The -DO give her umbrella to cover BK- part is so beautiful in the manhwa.

I'm still a faithful DO HR supporter. But BK deserves a special moment with DO too to console him or remind him not to be cruel or else he'll lose precious people around him again. He won't get the girl anyway so let just leave him with warm memories with DO.

• Like 7

Who are they visiting in the cemetery remembrance hall? Their respective mothers? The papago trans says :

This is Stage?! Shadow?!
Dano and Baekgyeong in an unusual atmosphere.
------------------------

Wait I was a bit confused with this scene was this stage or shadow?

I feel there is a story behind of the way Namjoo's mother is behaving this way towards him. Will we get a more elaborative sequence on this I'm not sure.

Anyways I want to know the mystery of JinMichae on Wednesday! lol

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Has anyone else noticed Soo Chul asked Dan Oh about Haru when they hardly ever spent time together on the stage? As far as I can remember, Haru only hung out with their group in the shadow. Is this perhaps an indication that he’s becoming self-aware or could also be a loophole from the writers (so meta).

858-B147-F-5917-4-A16-8-C2-E-BF5439-A3-D
BD30-D376-F378-41-EC-AEEC-E066-D623-C5-A
CA3-E7-FE9-D417-4-DF7-AE3-A-CCD7-A5-D8-D

• Like 1
  • Insightful 8

b14e195e8c8145538731aa43b92bb571.jpeg?s=

All The Times We Wished We Were Eun Dan Oh In “Extraordinary You” Episodes 17-20

Nov 4, 2019
by Belinda_C

Another week, another four episodes of “Extraordinary You” where we’re constantly impressed by Eun Dan Oh (Kim Hye Yoon) while also simultaneously being swooned by Ha Roo (played by SF9’s Rowoon, a.k.a RoSwoon). This week, Ha Roo not only gets back all his Ha Roo 1.0 memories but also gets more and more flashbacks to his sageuk style past. As for Dan Oh, her heart condition continues to worsen, but this doesn’t put a damper on her sunny disposition.

Whether it’s her aversion to cringe or her courage to grab on to opportunities, here are all the times we wished we had a little bit of Dan Oh in us too:

Warning: Spoilers for episodes 17-20 ahead.

When Dan Oh says no to cringe

Even though the drama is supposed to lean into the cheese, it’s still super refreshing when the characters voice out their exasperation at the unrealistic things that are happening or being said around them. And in “Extraordinary You,” we can always trust Dan Oh to point out the absurdities of her situation and give the writer a piece of her mind. In fact, she not only voices out her annoyance for the writer, she also holds herself and others around her (mostly Oh Nam Joo, played by Kim Young Dae) to the same no-nonsense standard. Honestly, I wish I was as level-headed as her when I was 18!

Extraordinary-You-Dan-Oh-1-gif.gif

Extraordinary-You-Dan-Oh-4-gif.gif

Say it louder, girl

https://www.soompi.com/article/1363193wpp/all-the-times-we-wished-we-were-eun-dan-oh-in-extraordinary-you-episodes-17-20

• Like 5
  • LOL 1