Quantcast

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

4 minutes ago, elsanna said:

Maybe you are right!!! Even I was getting confused with that part...

Otherwise did you also felt that...in seaguk manhwa also dan oh and haru regained their consciousness...don't know if I am the only one thinking this...cuz jinminche always say... things go the way writer wants... even after you tried your best to change it!!! And jinminche must be with them in seaguk manhwa trying to change things but now only he remembers the consequences. Hence trying to stop the history from repeating itself:worried:

Yeah, Jinmichae must be from the same manhwa and in the sageuk manhwa Ha Ru said the exact line. He said he will make his own answers. So I think the story is repeating itself. But also... I wondered about Jinmichae's comment from yesterdays episodes when he said making something's story or someone's story. I wonder what and who he meant. He is really speaking in riddles.

@cherryblossomkawai

I mean it would be too easy to let all the extras not become aware. I think we all can agree that if some things are weird to Kyung, then other characters might notice them as well. Plus they - as Ha Ru - don't have any purpose in the plot, so they must have a lot of time in the shadow to notice things. But I'm unsure if the drama can handle this. I mean so far the writing is pretty tight but still... it seems impossible to handle in the remaining episodes.

• Like 7
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hahahaha... these two cuties really. I wonder though why they would try to hide their feelings in front of Do Hwa. He is their biggest shipper. Plus Ha Ru asking Dan Oh if he needs to practice flirtin

It doesn't matter if the manhwa world is real or not. The characters are the ones who turn their world into reality.   In this drama it seems that on the one hand the real writer is using D

EVERY making of a kissing scene... Credit: DC Gall

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Yes, I noticed the wound and I'm curious about that as well. Maybe everytime he becomes aware the scar/wound would reappear like it's a fresh wound. When he became aware first he was already - at least I guess - a character walking around in the Secret manhwa without any purpose. And the writer just put him there. But now... if he became aware on his own the wound might appear just like that and be fresh.

...or perhaps he cut himself in order to become self-aware.  Maybe after hearing Dan-Oh speak about the scar missing from his hand, he thought about it and cut his hand to see if that would make himself aware.  Maybe he has had to do that in his other iterations and realizes that the cut is what makes him aware of his comic situation.  Wouldn't it be weird if he and Dan-Oh have been recycled in multiple comic storylines, always seeking each other out to come together in love each time.  The cut on his hand is how he starts the process each time.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4
20 minutes ago, larrysouth said:

...or perhaps he cut himself in order to become self-aware.  Maybe after hearing Dan-Oh speak about the scar missing from his hand, he thought about it and cut his hand to see if that would make himself aware.  Maybe he has had to do that in his other iterations and realizes that the cut is what makes him aware of his comic situation.  Wouldn't it be weird if he and Dan-Oh have been recycled in multiple comic storylines, always seeking each other out to come together in love each time.  The cut on his hand is how he starts the process each time.

I think that scar is more symbolical then anything, it signifies their painful history.

As for Ju Da, she is candiest of candies out there so if she turns out to be a manipulative richard simmons in shadow, I will love it.

• Like 7
  • Naughty 3
  • Thanks 1

Just watched it with subs, what an amazing episode!! :wub: Cold Haru was cool but sweet Haru is the best haha, i'm glad he is back. In this episode i liked a little focus on Juda, i love how this show makes me see many sides of every character and i keep rooting for all the couples haha, i just can't decide who is perfect for each other except Danoh and Haru, but i admit Kyung is tough second lead because  when he is kind, he is so shippable too haha. But anyway, back to Juda, i liked that she looked for Dohwa when she felt down. I thought she and Namjoo had great chemistry but now i think Dohwa is better haha, i'm so confused...because i like Namjoo too! This series has my shipping mode out of control :crazy: I remember her character chart portrayed the real Juda as someone quite different than candy girl but i think she is the sweetest and herself when she is with Dohwa, well i might change my mind next week haha. Loved the flashbacks as well, everything is just so gorgeous. 

• Like 8

I think Juda did not like one bit when Dohwa just said "Oh Hi! Juda!" and went back to hanging out with those two girls by the window. I think she felt a bit upset that he did not come running to her immediately.

Also that smirk she had towards Saemi when Namjoo grabbed her was a bit unsettling. Maybe she will start acting like a diva and start saying , I'm the heroine of this story and no one is going to stop me. I am saying all these based on the banter in this forum , also I've read that translated character details someone posted in this forum.

Well but this show's name ends with Haru . So at the end of the day Danoh will have Haru by her side, one day and all days to come!

• Like 10
2 hours ago, cherryblossomkawai said:

Do you believe that if Haru take more importance in the manhwa BK can be pushed back or even disappear ? It’s seems too big but at the same time the drama is unpredictable. 

I am hoping now DO will be happier. I love her to death. She is my favorite character but she was so down (with good reasons). 

I need her, DH and Haru to have more funny/friendship moments. 

Someone ( sorry i am going to tag later after i find the post) on this forum told some characters were weird. It’s so true and unsettling. Especially JD’s smile (I don’t know if it was revenge toward Saemi or something else but ugh it’s so frustrating)

so in today's episode they clearly showed us that JD has has awakened..

the scene with mom in law at school regarding her shoes..

notice, when SM appears and mom in law talking to SM, the camera angle at JD.. is exactly same as what drama has been showing for other awakened characters since last 2 episodes.. - the character is in focus, there is a hazy shell around.. and everything else seems in far background - they used the effect on DO, DH, BK.. so many times.. before throwin in JD

so ya.. we are sure she has regained her conscious 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 5

Oh my! Oh my! I am LOVING the Juda development. I had goosebumps when she smiled like that Mwahahahahahaha

Right now she's sweet but plain, and that's not entertaining. However if she becomes BAAAD in the future, when she becomes aware, THAT WOULD BE THE BEST THING EVER. Imagine her plotting in the shadow...imagine her cursing at the writer internally while acting all sweet on stage, that would be so good to see omg!!! She would probably hate the fact that she is a damsel in destress, poor, being bullied all the time, having her life revolve around a romance with a rich guy who's mother belittles her... but then, she also would become aware of the fact that she is the heroine and that she is bound to have a happy ending...which will maybe make her BAD but in another way. As JessicaNguyen pointed out, Juda will start te develop an ego and it show when she got bothered in the shadow when DoHwa didn't paying as much attention to her as before. Also and more importantly, she would not tolerate anybody meddling with the plot as it might ruin her chances of getting her happy ending. That could make her a threat to DanOh and Haru's well being...and given how man episodes we have left, there is definitely room for more angst. This is a rare case of a truly unpredictable drama. I love it!

• Like 8

Oh my... we will go back to the beautiful place with the water and flowers. I just can't! :wub:

08450840d26f4d1d595e90c5aff4ef7daa4a23a4

Als I think... judging from the preview it looks like by throwing the tennis racket at Kyung, Ha Ru will basically show he isn't his loyal fellow anymore. Just my guess.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

The director is doing such a great job sprinkling in the pieces showing Juda's growing awareness. On top of the covert looks, the minuscule facial expressions, the side comments... In that scene where she was sitting in the hospital, looking at her phone and thinking about reaching out to Dohwa, the clock was moving backwards.

giphy.gif

I'm seriously loving the consistency with this show when they do reveals about the world and then follow up with it in other scenes. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 8
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Calligrapher said:

The director is doing such a great job sprinkling in the pieces showing Juda's growing awareness. On top of the covert looks, the minuscule facial expressions, the side comments... In that scene where she was sitting in the hospital, looking at her phone and thinking about reaching out to Dohwa, the clock was moving backwards.

I'm seriously loving the consistency with this show when they do reveals about the world and then follow up with it in other scenes. 

Yes they really do a great job with that. Other dramas would've slacked off before the halftime mark. But of course this drama needs to pass the test until the end and then it needs to wrap up nicely. But so far I'm impressed. :D

This following gif has nothing to do with the actual comment... just wanted to post it for scientific reasons. :P:wub:

Spoiler

1571949234.gif

• Like 4
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

I might be overthinking but there is this thing that bothered me a little bit: 

In the hug scene DanOh didn't hug Haru back. She only slightly clutched her fingers around his...

It might be simply because of the directing (you know, those directors asking for fish eye kisses and emotionless hugs in kdramaland...I hate them!) but I doubt it, because til now the director seems good and not the kind that would refrain the actors from showing proper skinship when it's due. It could also be because DanOh it too overwhelmed at the moment, which made her....numb... But, remember that forest hug? I know she was scared and probably also thought that he wouldn't remember the shadow so she went for it and just hugged him veeeeeery very tightly (God! that hug was the cutest and most beautiful thing ever due to their hight difference... I am truly not over it yet! She hurried her head in his chest and MY HEART!) So...I expected DanOh to hug him as tightly as she could, now that he is back!!! You know!!!!! But she didn't and that makes me a little anxious because I think that she is currently conflicted. She is obviously happy he is back, but also afraid of the consequences. She already made up her mind, she won't rebel against the writer in order not to lose her Haru again, and even if the Haru that was in front of her wasn't her Haru, she didn't want him to disappear again. Now it's even worse, HER Haru is back (YAY!) but he is telling her that he will change her story (NAY!) I think that at that particular moment she was both relieved and anxious, and that in the next episodes her mindset would be "I am willing to die anyway so I better die happy! = Spend as much time in the shadow as possible with Haru all while preventing him from meddling with the story because if he does it might hurt HIM!" 

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year