Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

Recommended Posts

Welcome, @Thunder Mage! :D

 

Yes, despite my criticism of Kyung, Lee Jae Wook is definitely doing a good job. Just like Kim Hye Yoon and Rowoon. But also the rest of the cast.

 

Overall this drama has stolen my heart. It's well-written and I hope it stays that way and the way it's filmed is nicely done as well. Definitely looking forward where the drama will take us for the rest of the ride. :D

 

Btw... I don't think we have enough interactions between Dan Oh and Nam Joo. I know their setup is for Dan Oh to serve Joo Da but still I liked their small scene in this episode. :)

 

On book notes, this drama is choosing what books the characters are reading very carefully. Dan Oh read the book "Flowing like a River" by Paulo Coelho which is about enjoying the small things in life, Nam Joo is reading one of my favorite Paulo Coelho books "Veronica decides to die" (which is telling the story of a woman who believes to be terminally ill and decides to take her own life, survives and learns to love life again). And the books Ha Ru is carrying for Dan Oh are all about changing your fate, enjoying life and so on. So the core of the drama is mostly for Dan Oh but also for every character in this drama that you should enjoy your life no matter how much is left and that you can still change your fate - even if it seems set in stone. :)

24677188a05250c0ac697d4a7c4fd5133b65b7e8

2457393779ddd4bbf6cbce281aa72c0cf255a0a8

  • Like 12
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why do I feel we are in an interlude phase with Haru before he gain totally awareness and can probably find his way back to Dan oh. every fiber of is body is always going back to her, we just need his head to get there. oh boy I am ready for him to sneak is way back into Dan ohs heart! Dan oh don not give up on him just yet! 

  • Like 7
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jillia I actually thought he was also completely forget everything but the twist at the end. .why he went to school in the middle of night (he had reason but still weird because old Haru also lived in the school). .and just like you said there was a sound of changing stage, he knows it then he went straight to place where he hanging his painting (looks like he already knows the place so well huh?)

 

It could be he is just pretending that he forget since the begining OR he suddenly remember after he saw the hole and painting, MBC uploaded the last part of the eps with title 'Ro won who remembers everything'.

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Insightful 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sal2 said:

why do I feel we are in an interlude phase with Haru before he gain totally awareness and can probably find his way back to Dan oh. every fiber of is body is always going back to her, we just need his head to get there. oh boy I am ready for him to sneak is way back into Dan ohs heart! Dan oh don not give up on him just yet! 

Yeah hence why I don't think the drama will drag unaware!Ha Ru for too long. I'm pretty sure they will resolve this today even. :D

 

Plus I don't think we had this scene, yet? Or am I wrong? Did I miss this scene? And this looks like old Ha Ru?

56490840649cb7304979ebfba45a0147e0dbe189

 

On another note: this broke my heart. I adore the friendship between Do Hwa and Dan Oh. I love how he came right to her when he found out that Ha Ru disappeared.

1571900629.gif

  • Like 14
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Yeah hence why I don't think the drama will drag unaware!Ha Ru for too long. I'm pretty sure they will resolve this today even. :D

 

Plus I don't think we had this scene, yet? Or am I wrong? Did I miss this scene? And this looks like old Ha Ru?

 

 

On another note: this broke my heart. I adore the friendship between Do Hwa and Dan Oh. I love how he came right to her when he found out that Ha Ru disappeared.

 

And I like that they just friend , no romance included in their relationship . Not a lot of kdramas have just friends relationships between male and female 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@baby.hae

Eeek... I need Ha Ru to remember everything. My heart can only take this much pain we already got.

 

@mari_mari

Yes, I adore their friendship. Extra Squad BFFs! :D

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just living for Kyung to be put in the role of a female lead who gets grabbed by the arm and dragged around by Ha Ru. :lol: Like... Kyung getting his own medicine.

 

But of course Kyung likes Ha Ru like this best because he is loyal to him and won't do anything to get between him and Dan Oh.

932c3dfefeafa28af434daabf700c3ebbe68b573

938758a458243ea462329141807fe8a851bea394

8c649ae7de3792b6072c774bbce7126e4d1e2d3b

Spoiler

 

0c2117e0e02485aeb3f0352b67a0973e225844e5

b7a65955c1d250692ceea8b3809283b7b96b5949

6ff6701f07789d0bd8f8f71f534fe9fc4f379050

00161e7b50aa0e6b72bc3d540d0d9b85df5c5fdd

Credit: sseureki

 

 

Also, Secret writer is sadistic because he/she gives Ha Ru the task to give Dan Oh a gift from Kyung, a huge lollipop. Like c'mon Secret writer how terrible of a writer are you? Also the way Kyung says he must give Dan Oh sometimes a gift because her time is running short. Ugh...:triumph:

 

  • Like 9
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been years since i post something in soompi forum. It took me several times recalling my old password and username in soompi. I even needed to check the last post i made in other thread to make sure i got my username right. All this because i want to share my thoughts on this drama.

 

Shoutout to everyone in this forum. Thank you for making this thread alive.

 

I LOVE the scene in front of DO house after BK takes her home (DO explanation on how BK will never understand her desperation to have her own moments). The drama does better job than the manhwa in this part. In the manhwa it's HR who tell BK that DO suffers pain, other than her heart, that BK don't understand.

 

BK asked DO in the last night episode, what is it that she really want? 
1. To be more than an extra
2. To change her set up for terminal illness in order not to die
3. or Haru

 

I think this question is really important and may lead to the conclusion of the drama. In other scene with Jinmichae DO said that she enjoyed every moment with HR discussing how to change the story regardless the unknown outcome. Although she is now still affraid of death but somehow i feel like she'll realize in the end that what matters most is when HR is there with her sharing their every moment to the fullest. It is ok to be an extra, it is ok to have terminal illness, but it is not ok if there's no HR.

  • Like 10
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really love Nam ju and Yeo ju da's story i hate to say it but they are extra in this drama Writer Please give them scene and i want them to become aware of themselves We must all agree that Baek Kyung is slaying the shadow and literally just saying and doing whatever he wanted to do but couldnt on stage:thumbsup:he really hates his father :joy:he kept using "you wont remember":joy:I missed our usual Dan oh and innocent Haru 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the thread, @bee_wannabe and @tianaa! Love how the thread comes even more to life. The more people the more great discussions we'll have.

 

I agree with you, @bee_wannabe! In the end this is the core of the story. Dan Oh may not be able to change her fate but she can change with whom she is going to spend her time with. I still hope though we will get some sort of happy ending. :D

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Welcome to the thread, @bee_wannabe and @tianaa! Love how the thread comes even more to life. The more people the more great discussions we'll have.

 

I agree with you, @bee_wannabe! In the end this is the core of the story. Dan Oh may not be able to change her fate but she can change with whom she is going to spend her time with. I still hope though we will get some sort of happy ending. :D

I dont think it is a melodrama, right? Its more like a romcom? Or not?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ayoko xx said:

I dont think it is a melodrama, right? Its more like a romcom? Or not?

According to Korean source it's a fantasy romance. It's not even declared as a comedy or romcom. :)

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jillia said:

According to Korean source it's a fantasy romance. It's not even declared as a comedy or romcom. :)

I hope its romcom but I am not too sure right now. The beginning was very funny so thats why I thought that it was romcom but then sadness  came and I hope that there will be happy ending for everyone :)

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rowoon updated his IG. :D

 

I won't be able to watch tonight's episode live. But I hope to come back to another good episode. :wub:

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Welcome to the thread, @bee_wannabe and @tianaa! Love how the thread comes even more to life. The more people the more great discussions we'll have.

 

I agree with you, @bee_wannabe! In the end this is the core of the story. Dan Oh may not be able to change her fate but she can change with whom she is going to spend her time with. I still hope though we will get some sort of happy ending. :D

Thank you:wub:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, baby.hae said:

@Jillia I actually thought he was also completely forget everything but the twist at the end. .why he went to school in the middle of night (he had reason but still weird because old Haru also lived in the school). .and just like you said there was a sound of changing stage, he knows it then he went straight to place where he hanging his painting (looks like he already knows the place so well huh?)

 

It could be he is just pretending that he forget since the begining OR he suddenly remember after he saw the hole and painting, MBC uploaded the last part of the eps with title 'Ro won who remembers everything'.

@baby.hae Thanks for posting this clip.  I just noticed something in watching it.  We hear the stage click at least twice.  At first I thought this was a staging event coming from the black hole for the Goryeo scene between Ha-Ru and Dan-Oh.  However, when modern day Ha-Ru is walking out of the school, he is carrying a backpack.  Once the click occurs, the backpack is gone.  Does that mean he was reset into the stage world?  If Ha-Ru suddenly went into the stage world, does that mean the black hole scene became part of the stage world?  If so, that just totally blew my mind because that would be a television series world in a comic world inside another comic world.

  • Like 8
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...