[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

50 minutes ago, nateko said:

BTW, I was thinking why exactly is the manhwa titled "Secret" if it's simply a teenage love story about JD and NJ? What exactly is the secret? There's nothing secretive about the main leads.

The only time I remember they mention secret is when the two lead (Namjoo and Juda) stacking stones to make wish in that field trip, Juda asked Namjoo what is your wish, and he said it is a secret then smile at her.

Otherwise everything else has been pretty much straight forward :)))) In the webtoon, the secrets reveals are:

Spoiler

secrets behind Juda's grandma or mom passing away due to medical malpractice. Maybe theres birth secret somewhere throw in... talking about makjang... 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, nateko said:

BTW, I was thinking why exactly is the manhwa titled "Secret" if it's simply a teenage love story about JD and NJ? What exactly is the secret? There's nothing secretive about the main leads.

I always thought the “secret” is that the characters in the manhwa are “real”. So a big Meta moment. We(the viewer) are in on the secret; DO and the other aware characters are in on the secret. 

Also the secret about Haru and his back story as well. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, nateko said:

Well in the webtoon, it was found that the leads (NJ and JD) have their own huge secrets. That is why it was tiltled that way.

I am not sure about the drama tho since it deviates so much from the webtoon.

• Like 6

Hi friends. I would really really appreciate if any additional spoilers from the webtoon would be put under the spoiler tag. TT^TT We already know a lot from the webtoon but some us don't know the details and I personally don't want to accidentally be knowing what's coming in the drama even though the writer of the drama said that she changed a lot of things. You see, in The tale of Nokdu there were these amazing plot twists and nobody saw them coming. We were all so shocked and felt like heaven and hell!!! I would love to be surprised by this drama too. Thank you <33

Okay! speculation time haha; This isn't some OCN thriller but this drama is making me both excited and anxious haha

I think the fluff will last about two eps and I hope I am wrong. It's just that Haru is an actual character with actual lines now. It would be difficult for us and DO to watch him follow BK like a servant on the stage, also I am afraid that with that ex BK fangirl having a crush on him right now, the writer will make her his love interest on stage (OMG did anybody notice that they changed the actress? I wonder why?!) The dynamic of the transition between the stage and shadow tho for Haru would be interesting to see. 

On another note I am excited to discover the new Haru. A mixture of the floofy/sweet/smooth and quite Haru, and the hot damn/deadly gaze that actually can talk Haru. What a combination it would be!

• Like 7

@Jillia I have a feeling we'll get one this week if we go by typical kdrama standards. But this drama's also great at subverting tropes and expectations, so maybe they'll make us wait a while longer, hahah

@stargazer187 I think it's this picture:

IsvVjcl.png

The shirt looks several sizes too big for her, the collar's turned up, and it looks like the typical men's uniform. ;)

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess the title Secret could refer to things we're about to discover re Juda and NamJu, but I mostly think of it as the book itself is the secret, the instrument of self-awareness. Reading it is like taking a bite from the Tree of Knowledge's apple.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

About JD, her grandmother and NJ...

Spoiler

I really hope they won't kill her grandmother, because in the webtoon, as someone already stated, DH's brother (DO's doctor) will be an accomplice in the malpractice and it will force DH to commit suicide and lose his self-awareness. Even if he doesn't really die I don't want the drama to go that dark. For manhwas it's pretty common to have tragic arcs and go really dark but this drama was on the lighter side so I hope it stays like that. Seeing DH commit suicide would be so traumatic for me :grimace:

• Like 7

Spoiler

Oh no!!! I can't see dohwa die, plzzz just give him a happy ending...i hope he gets over her when he sees her in shadow as a villian....

Edited by Jillia
Please put spoiler in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 2