[Weekend Event] Earn 2x Soompi Points
Update #9 is being installed. Service disruptions are expected. We apologize for the inconvenience.
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@Jillia, regarding Ju Da, I’m glad she and Do Hwa didn’t work out. Upon rewatching I’m convinced that she’s wishy washy. She doesn’t really show a strong affection for either of the guys. It seems to me that she goes with the flow more than anything. I think she also likes that she’s adored by both guys. I don’t dislike her but I think Do Hwa deserves his own girl who adores him like Danoh adores Haru and SH adores Jinmichae.

Sorry to cut your post, chingu! :D

I agree. I mean I like how they've written Joo Da since she reacted very different from what I expected and I could get behind her reaction towards her bullies. I think forgiveness would've been too easy. But when it comes to Do Hwa - and even the clueless Nam Joo - she seems like someone who still doesn't really know what and who she wants. And that's fine. In the end it's not easy to deal with the fact that you either go along the story or you fall in love with someone in the shadow and hope to be a nameless extra in the next story.

And just like you, I believe that Do Hwa deserves a girl who loves him and not just him as somebody who adores her. :D I think that's why we didn't get Nam Joo with Joo Da in the next story. It simply shows that their story was just that...written by the writer but nothing that lasts forever unlike what Dan Oh and Ha Ru have. :wub:

@leeminhosny

I would be very surprised if they didn't get Best Couple for EY. :D

@stargazer187

As you can see by me constantly posting I'm still not over. And YES MBC keeps feeding our hunger for the drama.  Like they don't want us to forget it.

• Like 6

@celebrianna @Jillia I don't hate Joo Da but I don't like her either. I still don't understand how she fell for Nam Joo. After she became self aware she always seemed to be annoyed with him. Whenever she said something to him his answer was always same "Because I like you". It felt like he was a robot and was programed to like her. When his birth secret came out suddenly she fell for him. Maybe she confused pity with love :lol: I don't know but their relationship looked forced. Even though she is with Nam Joo I don't think she has strong feelings for him. She chose him mostly because she wants happy ending. I am glad that Dowha and Joo Da didn't end up together. Like you guys said Dowha deserves someone better. He needs someone who will love and treasure him dearly. Only if Joo Da had accepted his heart then he would have been the 2nd best boyfriend after Haru. :wub::lol:

• Like 4

I noticed in this scene they gave Kim Hye Yoon a longer skirt in order for her to stand on the chair without having to worry about any inappropriate views. :D Also, HOW beautiful is Ha Ru aka Rowoon? Also, HOW can this scene be so cliché... yet so cute?:wub:

tumblr_pz4t46ZVoa1sk7x4so2_540.gifv

tumblr_pz4t46ZVoa1sk7x4so1_540.gifv

tumblr_pz4t46ZVoa1sk7x4so3_540.gifv

Spoiler

tumblr_pz4t46ZVoa1sk7x4so4_540.gifv

tumblr_pz4t46ZVoa1sk7x4so5_540.gifv

tumblr_pz4t46ZVoa1sk7x4so6_540.gifv

tumblr_pz4t46ZVoa1sk7x4so7_540.gifv

Credit: thingskateknows

@celebrianna @-Love Blossom-

Yes, I also think the pacing from Joo Da being very much against Nam Joo to "I choose Nam Joo" was too quick and not well done. It was literally episode 15 in which she was not having any of Nam Joo's nonsense (or was it episode 14?) and then she is suddenly with Nam Joo? Anyways... like I said I think the fact that Nam Joo in the end is completely alone in the next manhwa shows that their story would end anyways. And maybe that's why Joo Da chose him, knowing very well that their story is limited anyways. :D

• Like 6

@Jillia Instead of "I also like Nam Joo" if she had said that even though I like you I am afraid and not courageous enough to try to change anything I don't want to suffer anymore I want to be happy even if it means that I have to be with Nam Joo. It would have been more believable and made her character even more likable and relatable. 

That's true DanHaru can make even the most troope-y scene heart fluttering.

• Like 5

@-Love Blossom- I don’t know how Namjoo and Joo Da’s relationship could be any less unromantic. You really described Namjoo and his interactions with her well: like a robot. They always sounded so scripted and lifeless. @Jillia, yes, Joo Da’s decision was very abrupt but I was glad that Do Hwa was finally able to move on because every time he hinted at it Joo Da gave him hope which to me seemed cruel when she didn’t have the courage to risk a relationship with him. 

• Like 6

@-Love Blossom- @celebrianna

Exactly. I also think Joo Da would've been a lot stronger if she had been fair to Do Hwa and let him go. She was fair to him but then to go back and be like - and I still don't know if she meant it as a joke or not - "why can't I date both of you?". I had a big question mark above my head because it made barely sense to me and especially in regards how Joo Da was prior to all that. But I still appreciate that they really turned her into a fierce character in the shadow who would scold the bullies for suddenly bullying Nam Joo for not being the chairman's son. I really liked that. :D

But it was definitely good when Do Hwa said his final goodbye to Joo Da. He was like "okay, thanks, bye". :lol: Headcanon! He is the lead in a sageuk now. :wub:

Writer, I’ll take it back from you. My life belongs to me.

Extraordinary You | Ep. 3 “Dan Oh, an Extra Character” dir. Kim Sang Hyeop

7ef6642240d669ea48ea3806c36717be54480a81

97bd465cdcdc9ef948d2ee79e74253a79406e618

7322797ed55d57d2f7450ba1dfaf678bba93fb58

Spoiler

33cc63220ef8707cf5bf72932037818ef86d26d6

d985fec0d4d492d68c7e882ed011edc725b1be05

e05c5531233de30148b6a193d1efe1aaf16c8c94

Credit: okashiratsuki

• Like 6

I just noticed. Those little figurines squid fairy used to explain shadow and stage look like a baby bottle! :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

45 minutes ago, philosophie said:

I just noticed. Those little figurines squid fairy used to explain shadow and stage look like a baby bottle! :joy:

I always think of yoghurt drinks. Or pro-biotic drinks. :joy: Like these:

why-yakult-bottle-mobile.png

Remember to vote for our drama for the nomination round:

http://www.koreandrama.org/the-best-korean-drama-of-2019/

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

@Jillia, I love that Danoh is healthy in the new story and she and Haru can grow together and create their new “now”. The darkness of death and separation that was breaking their hearts is gone now.

Nam Joo’s fashion sense sure took a steep dive.   His shirt with pink hearts? strawberries? sure had me chuckling. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

14 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@Jillia, I love that Danoh is healthy in the new story and she and Haru can grow together and create their new “now”. The darkness of death and separation that was breaking their hearts is gone now.

Nam Joo’s fashion sense sure took a steep dive.   His shirt with pink hearts? strawberries? sure had me chuckling. 

I actually wondered though... whether it was the writer punishing Nam Joo by putting him in that ridiculous strawberry sweater and making him drink strawberry milk all the time. Because in "Secret" he pretty much bought all the strawberry milk for Joo Da. I also wondered if he was actually aware because he looked rather disgusted about drinking that milk. :lol: But yeah he definitely made me laugh as well. Also, since all the former extras acknowledge him, does this mean he will play a bigger role in this new manhwa again?

• Like 4

@egv

Anything apart from purchasing or downloading it legally on the official sites is considered illegal. Also, I think it's much better to support this drama by buying the OST. :D

• Like 2

Thank you, Haru. For being my first love. For being my fate.

8568731fc5303ee0ccfad3a9d921e86a669428ef

2e403d85a48020d6c02ee3b97e413bea18f524bc

Spoiler

23bc02df6678c8939c5e1739d0c4edead99d1d8c

149b5f4c7e7e3514502fe35aa2d323379a0665e1

bb734d0c6a43de488c93cdc399d9affffd3af12b

45a435e53774a7a03f1b2d94e8f8b31945b54036

8b0b51fda21209d258954d5c7f16150b1a6d5cf2

Credit: thingskateknows

Me:

tenor-6.gif

On another note: I LOVE that PD-nim trusted the young cast enough to let them add-lib many scenes. :D

• Like 2
  • Love 3