Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

52 minutes ago, -Love Blossom- said:

Since they are university students now they can do a bit "mature" kissing now. :wub::P Dan Oh should have written 1000 kisses now that they don't have any interference and can stay with each other all time

Great minds think alike. 

giphy.gif

• LOL 7

I think they didn't call media to party because there aren't media pictures, only fansite pictures 

Spoiler

So cute:wub:

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, egv said:

Does anyone know, if we buy EY blue ray on Yes24 global (https://global.yes24.com/Goods/82145952) does this equivalent daum cafe? (https://m.cafe.daum.net/extraordinaryBD/_rec)

Yes this is the pre-order website for international fans. :D However, please note if you pre-order this it can happen that when the number of pre-orders is too low they won't produce it. In that case of course the pre-order is cancelled. But we will get infos on that after the pre-order phase has ended on December 1st. 

I will post any updates on that matter here. But I believe we can be optimistic about the blu-ray production because like @leeminhosny said EY was/is actually a popular drama despite the ratings. :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Harry97 said:

And the saga of Dan Oh getting accidentally hit continues:D Lol Rowoon hitting his own hand for accidentally hitting her:sweatingbullets: he is so sweet just like haru

Ahhh this is so painful Rowoon and KHY really cried :tears: They sould be so sad because drama finish and they are together for 6 months:tears:  Haru and Danoh together again but they break up now :tears:

1 minute ago, Jillia said:

I will post any updates on that matter here. But I believe we can be optimistic about the blu-ray production because like @leeminhosny said EY was/is actually a popular drama despite the ratings. :D 

we don't trust people  :joy:  so I aware of everyone left Rowoon after drama 

Spoiler

Everytime I think SF9's fandom bigger but every cb era album sales low:tears: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Harry97 @leeminhosny

I was so touched to watch the making of of Ha Ru trying to make Dan Oh remember him and Rowoon and Kim Hye Yoon were tearing up. They know how much Dan Oh and Ha Ru mean to eachother.:bawling:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 3

37 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Ahhh this is so painful Rowoon and KHY really cried :tears: They sould be so sad because drama finish and they are together for 6 months:tears:  Haru and Danoh together again but they break up now :tears:

we don't trust people  :joy:  so I aware of everyone left Rowoon after drama 

Reveal hidden contents

Everytime I think SF9's fandom bigger but every cb era album sales low:tears: 

They definitely became good friends during those 6 months. I hope they will continue to remain remain so. 

Don't worry rowoon has really worked hard and has won so many hearts. Whenever I visit sf9 mvs I find comments like how they became curious about the group due to rowoon from ey but now have actually started to like the group. Hard work always pays off it's just that it takes some time .

13 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Harry97 @leeminhosny

I was so touched to watch the making of of Ha Ru trying to make Dan Oh remember him and Rowoon and Kim Hye Yoon were tearing up. They know how much Dan Oh and Ha Ru mean to eachother.:bawling:

Ya they were totally breathing their characters for the past 6 months. They really gave their all for this drama and it reflects onscreen in their performances. I hope they get more and better opportunities in future to showcase their talent. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Harry97 said:

Ya they were totally breathing their characters for the past 6 months. They really gave their all for this drama and it reflects onscreen in their performances. I hope they get more and better opportunities in future to showcase their talent. 

Hence why I don't get how some people saw no chemistry between them. They were oozing chemistry and cuteness. Like you said they gave everything and put everything they had in this role. Because from the beginning they were the emotional core of the drama. You can have a non-functioning couple in a fantasy romance. And they did it all. :D 

I hope to see them in other projects as well. Maybe even with other favorite actors of mine and hopefully in different genres as well. 

• Like 11

56 minutes ago, Harry97 said:

Don't worry rowoon has really worked hard and has won so many hearts. Whenever I visit sf9 mvs I find comments like how they became curious about the group due to rowoon from ey but now have actually started to like the group. Hard work always pays off it's just that it takes some time .

But last year SKY castle was hit and rating super high, everyone praised Chani but unfortunately there aren't change amount to much for group , so I aware again:tears: , I hope this time Rowoon and SF9 will achieve aims 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Explaining the tennis balls and Heidegger here. I'm sorry, I'm pressed for time so I can only copy an excerpt here. Too many pictures for me to paste. 

https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/11/23/extra-ordinary-you-ep-32-on-tennis-balls-and-heidegger-again

On tennis balls. 

lol. Even tennis balls have meaning, don’t you know?

Tennis is a two-player game. Kyung has always been always looking for a partner. The manhwa writer gave him Haru as a tennis partner after Haru came back from the “dead” and lost his memories, just like the writer gave him Haru as his guard in the first manhwa, “The Flower.”

But his real partner should have been his younger brother. From the start, the younger brother had been there. In the Flower manhwa, the younger brother was concerned when Kyung’s minister/father began scheming Kyung’s power-grab. But he stayed in the sidelines, afraid to change his stage.

In “Secret,” the younger brother also didn’t want anything changed. He thought if he let things be, Kyung would eventually find happiness with DanOh and end his loneliness. He wasn’t concerned that DanOh was unhappy with that setup as long as Kyung would have somebody finally at his side.

Because he knew that his brother had always been lonely. Lonely BY CHOICE, mind you. He rejected the opportunities which people threw at him to become close to him....

On Heidegger.

You do realize that the final moment of DanOh and Haru at the stairs refers to Heidegger’s “Being and Time,” too, right?

They were escaping the void or blackout of the manhwa. Heidegger would call this “Das Nichts” or the “nothing” that eats up our existence, our being. In the drama, it was a literal “nothingness.”

Lights out in the library!

pic

And then, in the hallway. This was a visual “Das Nichts.” lol.

pic

Haru: DanOh. I wasn’t able to protect you then, but it’s a relief that I was able to change your destiny. I’m sorry for not being able to be with you until the very last scene.

He smiled at her tearfully. The “Das Nichts” approached them, extinguishing the lights one by one.

Haru: DanOh. Don’t cry. Today’s been the happiest day for me. Since my beginning and ending was you.

Haru: Call my name. (she shook head). DanOh. My name.

DanOh: Haru. Haru-ya.
Haru: DanOh.

I like that she called him “Haru” first. She gave him this name because she CHOSE him to be the one to change her fate, step by step, little by little, day by day.

But I also like that she called him by the more affectionate term, “Haru-ya.” This was her name for him, too.

Remember that poem, “Flower” by Kim Chunsu that I explained earlier? I said that to call each other’s name is a personal and intimate act, in the sense that they EXIST in that world for each other. They’re not nameless, unfamiliar, unknown strangers. Look: whenever DanOh called him by name (as opposed to “Hey, you!” or “Yah!”), he couldn't help but to turn around and look back at her.

To me, Haru wanted to hear her calling his name, at this moment when he disappeared, because he wanted HER to be the last thing on his mind. He wanted their names to be final words when he ceased to exist. That way, when he woke up again in another time and world, he would hopefully, remember them at first instance.  He would like that the first thought in his consciousness was a) his name is Haru, and b) he’s looking for DanOh.

https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/11/23/extra-ordinary-you-ep-32-on-tennis-balls-and-heidegger-again

jmsjduQ.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 4

52 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

But last year SKY castle was hit and rating super high, everyone praised Chani but unfortunately there aren't change amount to much for group , so I aware again:tears: , I hope this time Rowoon and SF9 will achieve aims 

All SF9 members have the necessary talent and skills to hit big but the problem is their company FNC is bad at marketing and managing their artists. When Chani became popular instead of making use of his popularity and giving them catchy song FNC sent them on world tour or something. As a result people forgot about him and it didn't change the status of their group. Hopefully this time they won't repeat the same mistake.

• Like 4

Did you see deleted secenes , you can watch this page

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, -Love Blossom- said:

All SF9 members have the necessary talent and skills to hit big but the problem is their company FNC is bad at marketing and managing their artists. When Chani became popular instead of making use of his popularity and giving them catchy song FNC sent them on world tour or something. As a result people forgot about him and it didn't change the status of their group. Hopefully this time they won't repeat the same mistake.

I like song and I think so many popular group songs are so bad , I can't understand people tastes, I don't think same with Korean about KPOP 

• Like 3

At first I thought it was weird that Dan Oh seemed to be... not okay with the couple items. Like poor Ha Ru doesn't have rich parents who can buy expensive presents. :lol: Plus Ha Ru made it. But let's just put ourselves in her shoes. Would we be impressed by a gift like that? Probably not because we're so used to getting gifts which are bought by money. But Ha Ru simply did what he could with what had available and it turned out cute. It's the innocent Ha Ru from earlier episodes and I love it and so does Dan Oh. :wub:

e505f77bd4cd7ab0a77ba7eaababbd7464bf46b24bdf8ece8218eb4b5db456800c274fa06db75f1f

Spoiler

016c953ecf7a0a01875cd0445f491ff85259156e6516c3d60ef251d5624987ab058e398d3eed7177

b3a16b328735b7c3beacfd5116327b0702f4e29a924d00c80f3311797bffea6358e951735f9b13f2

660549cfc7c10897bdec4592a9bcf3a213101019d69c6d7d6a673adebb65642d0f3785f41efbee69

22692c07551f1ae9d393632e6f6c9b2e4b8b1a8ac4f472d644f359fbb79b34c0212768871525ff4c

Credit: lee-taeri

EDIT: Do Hwa knows Dan Oh so well OMG! He knew she wouldn't like it. :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

9 minutes ago, Jillia said:

At first I thought it was weird that Dan Oh seemed to be... not okay with the couple items. Like poor Ha Ru doesn't have rich parents who can buy expensive presents. :lol: Plus Ha Ru made it. But let's just put ourselves in her shoes. Would we be impressed by a gift like that? Probably not because we're so used to getting gifts which are bought by money. But Ha Ru simply did what he could with what had available and it turned out cute. It's the innocent Ha Ru from earlier episodes and I love it and so does Dan Oh. :wub:

Just Haru's look even is present for Danoh :lol:

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Jillia said:

Hence why I don't get how some people saw no chemistry between them. They were oozing chemistry and cuteness. Like you said they gave everything and put everything they had in this role. Because from the beginning they were the emotional core of the drama. You can have a non-functioning couple in a fantasy romance. And they did it all. :D 

ITA. Personally I thought they did a wonderful job convincing me of their love. Not to mention their interactions imo were quite natural. :wub:

By the way, I never mentioned how much I love the scene where they spoke about Extraordinary You. I loved Haru’s English pronunciation. 

• Like 8

db9925b03f954b678ed4ddc0651e34ae.jpeg?s=

SF9’s Rowoon Talks About Taking On First-Ever Lead Role In “Extraordinary You” + Picks Most Memorable Scene

SF9’s Rowoon has talked about the ups and downs of his first-ever leading drama role.

In the recently concluded “Extraordinary You,” Rowoon played Ha Roo opposite Kim Hye Yoon (who played Eun Dan Oh), and the two worked together to change their seemingly fixed fate. As an originally nameless character, Rowoon received the audience’s love for gradually building the identity of Ha Roo.

Regarding the successful completion of “Extraordinary You,” Rowoon explained, “It still doesn’t feel real, and I feel like I’ll have to go to the school set tomorrow. For the past six months, I was called Ha Roo instead of Rowoon, and I thought of myself as Ha Roo, so it still doesn’t feel real.”

20191123000047_0.jpg

Rowoon was then asked if he was ever able to feel the incredible popularity of “Extraordinary You.” He answered, “Someone who didn’t usually ask for autographs came by to get them. While thinking to myself, ‘What?’ that’s when I felt [the popularity]. I personally feel it when I watch my social media followers or fan cafe members increase. I’m thankful.”

Ha Roo was Rowoon’s first-ever leading role in a drama, and he shared, “Since it was my first lead role, the pressure was really intense. I wanted to do well. My attitude or feelings towards the project haven’t changed at all. However, I wanted all the actors on set to act comfortably, so I tried hard to make a pleasant atmosphere.”

He also explained what he learned from the drama and how it resonates with him, explaining, “I learned a lot through this drama. In addition to skills, I worked hard to not limit myself to the script but rather to find new and fun things from my own understanding when acting with my peers. By doing that, I was able to learn about myself through the drama. I think this drama is one that made me discover a new side to myself. It’s a precious drama that gave me emotions and feelings that I will never forget.”

In regards to his character Ha Roo, Rowoon expressed, “To be honest, in the script, Ha Roo’s character did not have a very detailed description. That’s why I had to search for and create new things based on the vibe on set. I thought that viewers could have a hard time with such a mysterious character, so I wanted to portray slightly loose acting. Ha Roo is a character who gets small around Dan Oh but is brave when facing anything that gives her a hard time. That’s why I thought of the film ‘A Werewolf Boy‘ and thought that Ha Roo was like a puppy.”

adee303cc23e26f370472011d392545e.jpg

Spoilers ahead

He continued to explain the difficulties of acting as Ha Roo, sharing, “First off, I studied the character by reading the script a lot. While touring overseas, I even wrote a diary of what feelings Rowoon gets from being in different environments. I thought about how I could understand Ha Roo’s feelings by acting while facing a wall. I especially tried hard to communicate with my eyes.”

Rowoon added, “One of the hardest parts was that Ha Roo is a character who hoards all his feelings. That’s why I tried to act genuinely every time. For example, throughout episode 15, he only wears the same pair of shoes, and those shoes are the ones he was wearing when Dan Oh gave Ha Roo his name. I tried not to miss any of these details that created Ha Roo. By learning swimming, tennis, horseback riding, and fencing, I worked hard to perfect Ha Roo’s character.”

When asked what his most memorable scene to film was, Rowoon responded, “The most memorable scene was the ending to part three. The part where I say, ‘Even if you say it, I won’t remember. Because the scene will change soon.’ The other cast members and I talked about how we enjoyed this ending. Also, it was fascinating to see how the emotions connect from scene to scene, from Dan Oh’s line ‘Let’s try to change fate together,’ Ha Roo saying the same line, to the scene where Ha Roo disappears at the end, and the scene where he gifts the star. It was really amazing and lingers in my mind.”

Spoiler

imOuSVS2Cqf3637101062957228890.jpg

Rowoon then compared his two selves as an actor and as a singer in SF9, saying, “I think SF9’s Rowoon and actor Rowoon are different. That’s because Rowoon is different in every situation he’s placed in. However, I’m positive that he tries his best in every situation. I hope people understand that I will not neglect my acting activities because of my singing promotions, or vice versa.”

Lastly, the SF9 member concluded with some comments for viewers of “Extraordinary You.” He said, “This is a drama I really acted my heart out for. Thank you for seeing us as nice and cute. Although Ha Roo is gone, I hope he remains in your memories for a long time. I hope you can support all of Rowoon’s future activities with love, attention, and encouragement.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1367553wpp/sf9s-rowoon-talks-about-taking-on-first-ever-lead-role-in-extraordinary-you-picks-most-memorable-scene

If I am not wrong then ending of part three was that rock scene and the scene he is talking about happened in episode 4. Poor Rowoon must have been so tired that he forgot it :lol: But he really  looked cool during that scene. That scene showed that he is not only quiet and cute but can also be dominating when needed. Hope he can also be a top star like Song Joong Ki B):D

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 8