Quantcast

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hahahaha... these two cuties really. I wonder though why they would try to hide their feelings in front of Do Hwa. He is their biggest shipper. Plus Ha Ru asking Dan Oh if he needs to practice flirtin

It doesn't matter if the manhwa world is real or not. The characters are the ones who turn their world into reality.   In this drama it seems that on the one hand the real writer is using D

I think HR killed DO but it was not deliberate and he grabbed the sword with his left hand to stop it but it was too late. But the scene doesn’t look like a sword fight. It starts off with guards surr

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

But last year SKY castle was hit and rating super high, everyone praised Chani but unfortunately there aren't change amount to much for group , so I aware again:tears: , I hope this time Rowoon and SF9 will achieve aims 

All SF9 members have the necessary talent and skills to hit big but the problem is their company FNC is bad at marketing and managing their artists. When Chani became popular instead of making use of his popularity and giving them catchy song FNC sent them on world tour or something. As a result people forgot about him and it didn't change the status of their group. Hopefully this time they won't repeat the same mistake.

• Like 4

Did you see deleted secenes , you can watch this page

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, -Love Blossom- said:

All SF9 members have the necessary talent and skills to hit big but the problem is their company FNC is bad at marketing and managing their artists. When Chani became popular instead of making use of his popularity and giving them catchy song FNC sent them on world tour or something. As a result people forgot about him and it didn't change the status of their group. Hopefully this time they won't repeat the same mistake.

I like song and I think so many popular group songs are so bad , I can't understand people tastes, I don't think same with Korean about KPOP 

• Like 3

At first I thought it was weird that Dan Oh seemed to be... not okay with the couple items. Like poor Ha Ru doesn't have rich parents who can buy expensive presents. :lol: Plus Ha Ru made it. But let's just put ourselves in her shoes. Would we be impressed by a gift like that? Probably not because we're so used to getting gifts which are bought by money. But Ha Ru simply did what he could with what had available and it turned out cute. It's the innocent Ha Ru from earlier episodes and I love it and so does Dan Oh. :wub:

e505f77bd4cd7ab0a77ba7eaababbd7464bf46b24bdf8ece8218eb4b5db456800c274fa06db75f1f

Spoiler

016c953ecf7a0a01875cd0445f491ff85259156e6516c3d60ef251d5624987ab058e398d3eed7177

b3a16b328735b7c3beacfd5116327b0702f4e29a924d00c80f3311797bffea6358e951735f9b13f2

660549cfc7c10897bdec4592a9bcf3a213101019d69c6d7d6a673adebb65642d0f3785f41efbee69

22692c07551f1ae9d393632e6f6c9b2e4b8b1a8ac4f472d644f359fbb79b34c0212768871525ff4c

Credit: lee-taeri

EDIT: Do Hwa knows Dan Oh so well OMG! He knew she wouldn't like it. :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
9 minutes ago, Jillia said:

At first I thought it was weird that Dan Oh seemed to be... not okay with the couple items. Like poor Ha Ru doesn't have rich parents who can buy expensive presents. :lol: Plus Ha Ru made it. But let's just put ourselves in her shoes. Would we be impressed by a gift like that? Probably not because we're so used to getting gifts which are bought by money. But Ha Ru simply did what he could with what had available and it turned out cute. It's the innocent Ha Ru from earlier episodes and I love it and so does Dan Oh. :wub:

Just Haru's look even is present for Danoh :lol:

• Like 7
11 hours ago, Jillia said:

Hence why I don't get how some people saw no chemistry between them. They were oozing chemistry and cuteness. Like you said they gave everything and put everything they had in this role. Because from the beginning they were the emotional core of the drama. You can have a non-functioning couple in a fantasy romance. And they did it all. :D 

ITA. Personally I thought they did a wonderful job convincing me of their love. Not to mention their interactions imo were quite natural. :wub:

By the way, I never mentioned how much I love the scene where they spoke about Extraordinary You. I loved Haru’s English pronunciation. 

• Like 8

db9925b03f954b678ed4ddc0651e34ae.jpeg?s=

SF9’s Rowoon Talks About Taking On First-Ever Lead Role In “Extraordinary You” + Picks Most Memorable Scene

SF9’s Rowoon has talked about the ups and downs of his first-ever leading drama role.

In the recently concluded “Extraordinary You,” Rowoon played Ha Roo opposite Kim Hye Yoon (who played Eun Dan Oh), and the two worked together to change their seemingly fixed fate. As an originally nameless character, Rowoon received the audience’s love for gradually building the identity of Ha Roo.

Regarding the successful completion of “Extraordinary You,” Rowoon explained, “It still doesn’t feel real, and I feel like I’ll have to go to the school set tomorrow. For the past six months, I was called Ha Roo instead of Rowoon, and I thought of myself as Ha Roo, so it still doesn’t feel real.”

20191123000047_0.jpg

Rowoon was then asked if he was ever able to feel the incredible popularity of “Extraordinary You.” He answered, “Someone who didn’t usually ask for autographs came by to get them. While thinking to myself, ‘What?’ that’s when I felt [the popularity]. I personally feel it when I watch my social media followers or fan cafe members increase. I’m thankful.”

Ha Roo was Rowoon’s first-ever leading role in a drama, and he shared, “Since it was my first lead role, the pressure was really intense. I wanted to do well. My attitude or feelings towards the project haven’t changed at all. However, I wanted all the actors on set to act comfortably, so I tried hard to make a pleasant atmosphere.”

He also explained what he learned from the drama and how it resonates with him, explaining, “I learned a lot through this drama. In addition to skills, I worked hard to not limit myself to the script but rather to find new and fun things from my own understanding when acting with my peers. By doing that, I was able to learn about myself through the drama. I think this drama is one that made me discover a new side to myself. It’s a precious drama that gave me emotions and feelings that I will never forget.”

In regards to his character Ha Roo, Rowoon expressed, “To be honest, in the script, Ha Roo’s character did not have a very detailed description. That’s why I had to search for and create new things based on the vibe on set. I thought that viewers could have a hard time with such a mysterious character, so I wanted to portray slightly loose acting. Ha Roo is a character who gets small around Dan Oh but is brave when facing anything that gives her a hard time. That’s why I thought of the film ‘A Werewolf Boy‘ and thought that Ha Roo was like a puppy.”

adee303cc23e26f370472011d392545e.jpg

Spoilers ahead

He continued to explain the difficulties of acting as Ha Roo, sharing, “First off, I studied the character by reading the script a lot. While touring overseas, I even wrote a diary of what feelings Rowoon gets from being in different environments. I thought about how I could understand Ha Roo’s feelings by acting while facing a wall. I especially tried hard to communicate with my eyes.”

Rowoon added, “One of the hardest parts was that Ha Roo is a character who hoards all his feelings. That’s why I tried to act genuinely every time. For example, throughout episode 15, he only wears the same pair of shoes, and those shoes are the ones he was wearing when Dan Oh gave Ha Roo his name. I tried not to miss any of these details that created Ha Roo. By learning swimming, tennis, horseback riding, and fencing, I worked hard to perfect Ha Roo’s character.”

When asked what his most memorable scene to film was, Rowoon responded, “The most memorable scene was the ending to part three. The part where I say, ‘Even if you say it, I won’t remember. Because the scene will change soon.’ The other cast members and I talked about how we enjoyed this ending. Also, it was fascinating to see how the emotions connect from scene to scene, from Dan Oh’s line ‘Let’s try to change fate together,’ Ha Roo saying the same line, to the scene where Ha Roo disappears at the end, and the scene where he gifts the star. It was really amazing and lingers in my mind.”

Spoiler

imOuSVS2Cqf3637101062957228890.jpg

Rowoon then compared his two selves as an actor and as a singer in SF9, saying, “I think SF9’s Rowoon and actor Rowoon are different. That’s because Rowoon is different in every situation he’s placed in. However, I’m positive that he tries his best in every situation. I hope people understand that I will not neglect my acting activities because of my singing promotions, or vice versa.”

Lastly, the SF9 member concluded with some comments for viewers of “Extraordinary You.” He said, “This is a drama I really acted my heart out for. Thank you for seeing us as nice and cute. Although Ha Roo is gone, I hope he remains in your memories for a long time. I hope you can support all of Rowoon’s future activities with love, attention, and encouragement.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1367553wpp/sf9s-rowoon-talks-about-taking-on-first-ever-lead-role-in-extraordinary-you-picks-most-memorable-scene

If I am not wrong then ending of part three was that rock scene and the scene he is talking about happened in episode 4. Poor Rowoon must have been so tired that he forgot it :lol: But he really  looked cool during that scene. That scene showed that he is not only quiet and cute but can also be dominating when needed. Hope he can also be a top star like Song Joong Ki B):D

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 8
Spoiler

Ending is nice. One of my favorite dramas for this year. Even though the last 2 episodes are clamped and the weird editing at episode 14.

Now I can re-watch even the ending is just above average (some shows ending prevents me to watch the whole show again)

Yep the Haru disappearing act looks like it was taken from a horror movie. 

I liked the journey of Dan Oh and Haru's love story and also Dan Oh's individual journey as well.  I like the cinematography of the last part of the show. Looks really pretty.

The subplot of Kyung's half brother is also weird. They built it up at earlier episodes and then just fell flat on the last 2 episodes.

Nice parallels that Haru was alone at "Trumpet Creeper" while Dan Oh is alone at "Secret" before the manhwa has ended.

Also the new manwha it's a nice touch that the extra's in Secret are now the leads. Nam Joo I think was relegated to extra. As for Dan Oh and Haru are now extras without names. 

The "main" story was definitely rushed. Especially on Ju da's part but it's understandable. 

My favorite OST for this show are. First Love (both the Original and Sondia's), Stray Kids (Never ending story) even the rap parts are not good for me, VeriVery's (My Beauty) and Jeong Sewoon's (I Draw You in my heart)[sad but meaningful message]

• Like 6
7 hours ago, celebrianna said:

ITA. Personally I thought they did a wonderful job convincing me of their love. Not to mention their interactions imo were quite natural. :wub:

By the way, I never mentioned how much I love the scene where they spoke about Extraordinary You. I loved Haru’s English pronunciation. 

Yes! Probably one of my favorite scenes in the drama. I love self-referential scenes/dramas. Like why not. More fantasy dramas should do it. In the end it's fantasy, don' take it too seriously but seriously enough to do meta IN the drama itself. :lol:

But also it was a lovely scene between Dan Oh and Ha Ru. I wonder where all the English thingy is coming though with Kim Hye Yoon. is it because of Sky Castle she was in?

• Like 6

Girl with withdrawal syndrome here hahaha.

I keep listening to the background musics in loop. They're so wonderful!!!! Seriously! How can the music producer composed this score and matches perfectly with EY? How can? Hahaha.

My favorites are:

1. A Door to Time

God, this is so Danharu...the blowing curtain keep appearing in my head.

2. By Chance

The scene when Dan Oh turn to see the date in hospital...and when Haru able to change the stage and carried Dan Oh to health room.

3. Pearly Rain.

When Haru waiting Dan Oh under the tree...it's so sad...

4. Walk This Sky

I miss every intro I saw when start streaming...

5. Poop

The background music that makes me attracted to this drama for very first time, and then read the webtoon, waiting for the first broadcast, and now it's ended.

6. Conti

The background music that always appears when the situation is mess up.

7. Dazzlingly Love

The art room date, the second kiss, that vibe... I'm speechless

8. High School Runaway

Even the A3 music theme LOL

9. See the Fantasy, Ocean Dreams

The magical of comic world!

10. Heart Memory

The tragic of Trumpet Flower...

11. And others

I LOVE THEM ALL.

For now, I found two background music that isn't released. First, the fairytale-like melody that appeared in highlight teaser (Haru's part) and last episode too. Second, the background music that always appeared in Trumpet flower, especially when Haru visit Dan Oh place and then they went to the lake.

But, I'm sure it's not only me who was struggling with post drama syndrome like this. Even the newest BTS, I got a goosebump when the director told Hye Yoon to go out for a while from art room to calm down her emotion a bit. She will keep crying if she doesn't take distance from Haru at that time.

It got me deep...I'm wondering how much they're suffering from this syndrome, I mean I'm sure they're immersed to the character xx times than us.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

You know, now we know how the pedant got at the place where Dan Oh and Ha Ru found it in "Secret". Just like how Ha Ru hid the little drawing book, Ha Ru in "Trumpet Creeper" hid that pendant at the historical side.

82fe9e04e4c7b100f76f4f3daa4b3afccf9e7664

102c2d072b6c9b1bd2a89c37e3772d4530f8b917

4afa4617b5afc02cc0671dbcdb2878c6c8500dee

Spoiler

9680eb27870fd5c31f06f082b68630a10b2009a6

2aa928cdcb2b5138219249e7b52d95ce8c219e8d

8cc28c0ae99391e9fe08f67b0b4b360c0bb5cd41

da57dfecbf2faed207d20142dc53660819f5b516

Credit: okashiratsuki

@Peach

Definitely feeling sad that there won't be another episode in the upcoming week. The withdrawal syndrome is real I don't want to remove the drama from my watching signature. :D

• Like 6
  • Love 4

Rowoon acted bag scene today in concert:joy:

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

But also it was a lovely scene between Dan Oh and Ha Ru. I wonder where all the English thingy is coming though with Kim Hye Yoon. is it because of Sky Castle she was in?

I don't remember her English talking in Sky Castle , I think she made only this drama

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
Just now, celebrianna said:

@Jillia,  I loved Danoh’s English pronunciations as well but I just loved the way Haru called her Extra-Ordinary You. :wub: 

Love the gif recaps. The members on Tumblr always do such creative work. 

They always come at us with those emotional gifsets which make me cry because of sadness but also happiness. :wub:

I also will always remember the umbrella scene. Probably one of favorite scenes from the early episodes.

fa98bc6a4504aaa589b73d0e665a5bce52c30490

159b091c62c82f17cc7b14e426824ba061f4667f

0ee8d4beaa7401569d3dc494219c4bd65918b019

Spoiler

2c217928c66fc076995fd9ae25b6d6cde6df0385

e2dc238a2a1c7fa9ad3e9d3ad7c152d57927338e

a447e66bba35f96ddfc301b67d201ce746ec00dd

Credit: liveasbutterflies

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year