Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

I found you... :bawling:

9a787960243059678f012da55830165446d47ea9

7a54d98f1e88ada684da7022426574d8abe5cdfc

525ce19f876f77e0c111f157784b5451b9ab5b2b

Spoiler

38b20775d32841a1fbeffa2fce4ba4efec3afbce

d2e9d21b8d46a2b29ffba7866b53e31e173a7e11

3042a1d1913ea17326c4224c673b1e99863cd40d

a884ff384bc6a21f76594fb91921938ca36accb8

4d7a059af9cd42be1aa121e3c2583da65a010c71

Credit: lee-taeri

The struggle though that Do Hwa doesn't get the happy ending he deserves... Meanwhile Joo Da really disappointed me. Maybe I'm seeing it all wrong but... I don't know. I get her reasoning but also I don't. She almost turned out to be a real cool character and then she just changed back to being well less cool (aside from standing up to Nam Joo's mom, now that was good). I don't know.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I think they did as much as possible to wrap things up to be honest...Baek Kyung's story could have made more impact if they hadn't lumped it all in the episode...webtoon did it better...But I still liked it...Dan Oh and Baek Kyung have history as friends who grew up together and lost people close to them while growing up...does that excuse Kyung's off screen/shadow behavior...in my eyes, No.....but Do I get where Dan Oh is coming from...yes....even if those memories were writers storyboard in action...their characters lived those...so I get why she still has warmth left in her when it comes to him, and could forgive and thank him. Juda and Doe Hwa too....It was a good way to end...trumpet Creeper needed more scenes though. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

It’s a testament to LJW and his portrayal of BK that so many were moved to tears in that farewell scene.  :wub:  Bittersweet.  A beautiful goodbye.  Well done LJW.  Well done.  Sleep now and reawaken to a better BK in the next comic.  Or next drama.  :lol:.  Tonight beckons and I am sure our OTP (HR/DO) will appear in  new comic and find each other again.  Surely they have proven their worth to the writer and he/she will give them a straightforward love line together without the angst.

• Love 1

@Jillia, I think Joo Da just took the practical approach. Considering her life experience she probably just went with the failsafe ending where her happiness is guaranteed. I think Do Hwa’s temperament would help him to suffer less and with time move on. I just honestly wished that he hadn’t fallen for Joo Da in the shadow as well because I was 99% sure Joo Da would still end up with Nam Joo.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 3

@celebrianna

I mean I get it most definitely. She had two options: go with the storyline and like Nam Joo OR live two lives so to speak (being with Nam Joo on stage and being with Do Hwa in the shadow). I think in the end it was just not well-written? They pushed Nam Joo in this pitiful role to make him look equal to Joo Da which is a terrible approach to make Joo Da "like" him.

In the end I can see it was fair of her to tell Do Hwa the truth, so he can move on as well and find someone (or let the writer draw a girl) who is meant for him and makes him happy.

Maybe I just hoped for more fight in Joo Da. Plus the transition from last episode to this episode felt a bit abrupt. But that's probably because of the filming schedule and editing. :)

• Like 10

Just watched some parts of the episode.

Going to say the "main" story of secret will be finished just like that. Very abrupt but understandable. Nam Joo is still stuck unaware, while understandable that Joo Da chose NJ than DH.

I find it very un-original and cliche (which is I think the intention of the writer) when NJ's mother appeared at  the school and being circle around by the students and by NJ fashion made a declaration.

Spoiler

So "Secret" is ending. That's why a student is missing and at the end of the episode the art room "disappeared"

Also It's a nice revelation that all of the characters in the manhwa are really in hand of the writer. They only have freewill (if they awoke)They go to hibernation mode until drawn again (after the writer finishes the story).

I agree with @Jillia that Kyung redemption is really just cramped in this episode. I was hoping it started a bit earlier.

For the main story I'm going to comment again in a different post together with my comment on the last episode.

• Like 5

I feel so bittersweet for kyung and dan oh. I know I’m one of the few people who likes them together but I understand why its haru and dan oh for endgame. But I can’t accept do hwa’s story, poor little boy. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I was very sad, I thought that the day the writer stops making stories, dan oh and haru, they won't be able to meet again

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

@celebrianna

I mean I get it most definitely. She had two options: go with the storyline and like Nam Joo OR live two lives so to speak (being with Nam Joo on stage and being with Do Hwa in the shadow). I think in the end it was just not well-written? They pushed Nam Joo in this pitiful role to make him look equal to Joo Da which is a terrible approach to make Joo Da "like" him.

In the end I can see it was fair of her to tell Do Hwa the truth, so he can move on as well and find someone (or let the writer draw a girl) who is meant for him and makes him happy.

Maybe I just hoped for more fight in Joo Da. Plus the transition from last episode to this episode felt a bit abrupt. But that's probably because of the filming schedule and editing. :)

Funny thing is, they will all just go into a limbo once it all ends so I don't know why Juda chose it that way....thete's no 'They lived happily ever after' in this setup which is cruel to every single one of them.

• Like 4

Watched the episode again and I was mistaken.

Spoiler

The bullies were still around when news of Oh Nam Ju being an illegitimate child broke out. And I can vaguely recall them being on the set filming for the graduation scene. So, they're still around. 

As for Juda and Dohwa, I'm sad that they chose to be friends. The scene in the hallway felt bittersweet, but I'm glad they remained friends despite Juda's decision.

I think the drama also meant to show another side to self-awareness. Changing one's fate is a choice and takes a huge leap of faith. Dan Oh, Haru, JMC, Soo Hyang, and Do Hwa all wanted to change their setup. Juda, meanwhile, chose to go down the path of security and stability, as far as the manhwa is concerned. For a high school student who had gone through so much, from bullying to poverty, I quite understand that she prioritized herself and her welfare. Juda didn't choose to be poor, to work part-time to make ends meet, and to be verbally abused by peers and an estranged ahjumma. She didn't want to go through another round of suffering and risk her happiness. So to her, being able to choose was a luxury in itself. At least that's how I interpreted it. Quite a refreshing take, in my opinion. :sweatingbullets:

I recall a few weeks ago when we noticed Juda being self-aware, we were a bit nervous that she'd want to keep the spotlight on her and would lead to another obstacle for DO and HR. In the end, she didn't do anything about it.

• Like 9

@stargazer187 I think it's because he did something noticeable, which was the scene under the tree when he reunited with Dan Oh. JMC told Haru not to do anything that will catch the writer's attention now that the manhwa is approaching its end, because he might be erased all of a sudden. However, BK swapped roles with HR that evening, so HR was in the stage instead.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 10

Hi,
Iam Really in bad mood :mellow:i just watched the drama with sub 
Not even a happy comedy scene everything felt empty &gloomy i don't know the atmosphere of a Melodrama....kind like .........:(

Here some find somthing really intersting maybe  the ending will be like this movie

as expected

• Like 4

as expected, the trumpet creeper memories really comes back to them when they gain a new set up, i feel alot of mixed emotions for the last episode and i dont know what to expect but please!!!! i hope they dont make haru disappear again :(((

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

What was that?? Goodbye kiss???

I guess what I'm afraid that we'll only see a glimpse of HR return at the last minute. Either they make it him appears as memories or something like dreamy scene indicates his presence. Don't trust the preview but I still feel nervous.  

same and Tired really tired  why is this drama so much painful, they meet last minute:tears: I hate it 

• Like 5

Poor Danoh looks like her heart is breaking so badly in that scene in the preview where she’s standing near the staircase crying before she and Haru hug. Could it be they realize that he’s fading from the world of Secret? :bawling:

• Like 3
  • Sad 4