Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

Jaewook and Hyeyoon filming today. Rowoon is in the Philippines for a concert, icymi. :D

Spoiler

Seulli HS students are graduating! Did they even struggle with studying and preparing for college? Lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Don't forget to take this soompi quiz :D till the next episode airs. Fortunately I got Ha roo:wub:

• Like 7

Hi there. I'm an international fan and I've always been wondered if they gonna sell OST CD album of this drama? Can someone who know about this please help me since I don't know well about K-drama things. Thank you so much and sorry for my bad english :)

Edited by Khánh Nguyễn Lê Cát
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Jillia said:

On another note: I'm suspicious about Kyung's brother. He is creepy. I wonder whether he will actually play a bigger role than we think. How could he know that killing someone in the shadow would lead to memory loss? Nobody told him. But he seems to remember everything from "Trumpet Creeper". So what if... he was the one who ordered to kill Su Hyang in the shadow. I'm very certain the stage death was ordered by Kyung. But in the shadow I could imagine he would do something like that. He seems devoted to his brother - just like in "Secret" - and he would possibly do anything to ensure his brother the throne.

@Jillia thanks for your insightful post as well as for the rest of the Extra Squad.

Sorry to cut you post short... re this, I read earlier from this thread that he might be the writer tho it was not elaborated and I dunno how it will all add up.

@jeonghyang you naughty naughty dongsaeng!

Sorry haven't been around for two weeks, been sick and swamped with work.  I will try to be around this finale week.

• Like 3

Remember the scene in the hospital before DO passed out,  DO said something like, "I like HR not because he is ny fate changer.  He is my fate"  (And BK didn't understand this) 

So, I think the reset DO will be able to remember HR in no time.   

• Like 8
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Anyone has seen this? It says that it is last episode spoiler, they'll have graduation ceremony? 

Reveal hidden contents

Wait... does grade 7 have graduation ceremony like that? I think we have it at grade 9, no? And btw.. they're currently in grade 7 right??? I think their grade numbered differently from ours here. If you're in high school, you'll start with grade X to XII. 7 is supposed to be elementary grade. Hahaha. Well, nevermind

The C-section worried the absence of Rowoon for Sf9 concert in Manila might take him out from the final episodes. Really? Nooo, even he has schedule on that particular scene, I'm sure they have taken his scenes earlier or later right. No male lead in the final is really not fun. Writer, don't dare you to give me sad ending! I detest sad ending! 

I remember something similar happened for drama Just between lovers. Joon ho had to leave for concert in Japan early so they had filmed every scene with him before he parted and filmed scenes that was without him after he left. His character was very presence in the final and even ended the drama with the two leads. so I am sure they have worked around his schedule with sf9 and he gonna be in the final episode. :) I am sure this scenes in context gonna be different than what it looks like from this fan clips. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, deandraluv said:

Remember the scene in the hospital before DO passed out,  DO said something like, "I like HR not because he is ny fate changer.  He is my fate"  (And BK didn't understand this) 

So, I think the reset DO will be able to remember HR in no time.   

msy.gif

You're right. I noticed it as well. She said "I don't like Ha Ru because he can change my fate. He IS my fate." It's that simple but also somewhat complicated because it could mean a lot. But I also think that's why I don't think they will drag Dan Oh's amnesia for long. :D I'm still looking forward cold Dan Oh. I know I'm weird but it's also gonna be alright.

:wub::wub::wub:

3dc086ce559aebb08c4d9ee718bb27ef60e4b8ed

Spoiler

033f6411c7b09592dd2ba0e94239e582b034b0f2

c99fb2770c5461d4f6d2ec4472ae82ad34ad405a

8a059690db53692daf61b2902e8c7b5deb2c4288

636468fc0acbd65e42613d8fae2edce0fd191619

51fd4a1b4ad221d2f0b26bf40ae7699dae6aecce

b45685a109dce1f63675f9901c007b8e4c05eac1

b9cf7fe68e39661055fc401f6d3a2b4cce128b8a

Credit: rowoonii

• Like 5
  • Love 6

5 hours ago, dairymilks said:

Jaewook and Hyeyoon filming today. Rowoon is in the Philippines for a concert, icymi. :D

So Haru isn't in ceremony :tears: my poor Haru he hasn't a mother , father, home and now he isn't in ceremony :tears::angry: really last eps are mad me , I couldn't watch translation because my heart so hurt 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, nonski said:

@Jillia thanks for your insightful post as well as for the rest of the Extra Squad.

Sorry to cut you post short... re this, I read earlier from this thread that he might be the writer tho it was not elaborated and I dunno how it will all add up.

@jeonghyang you naughty naughty dongsaeng!

Sorry haven't been around for two weeks, been sick and swamped with work.  I will try to be around this finale week.

I hope you're better now and work isn't too stressful, chingu! :D

Yeah that was a theory from DCGall. Many Knetizens thought Kyung's brother could be the writer. But the plot never pointed to it afterwards. He just aware and knows a lot more than he let the viewer or even his brother know. He is actually kinda creepy. I'm sure we will find out what role he played in "Trumpet Creeper".

The Drama:

fcbf5f9d57640be531b4ba8433e385a36bbc7557fe18d214f25f381e9d4d427842410395676d01ad

Spoiler

e261e7843bfc494e9cf05b1e856a7f91105be976d04f7fe0c0cbd4d95e23d52e0dd58be62310cfa1

49cc78ed6233afa43dbea29165472e13bb7a87f0a0fc5b436fecb3dd9a95eb375c9add2ec2d4f678

Credit: liveasbutterflies

Me:

tenor.gif

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, dairymilks said:

I hope we get another kissing scene......one is not enough :tears:

Second this! More kiss please :kiss_wink:

• Like 3
  • Love 6

Rowoon aka Ha Ru looking mighty fine. I mean... wow. I have to say I wouldn't mind him being in a sageuk set in Joseon era. But also I don't mind him in top button undone shirt.:wub:

7ef95509b9fcc92e699cc6d622983066b7bbc882fb145f1b720e146a2cb92e716d724319c2dc7617

Spoiler

203cb7ccc08d8d23096c73ad379dc091d45fa413612c35eb811b2259334ee87806195e18dfb52ec2

Credit: okashiratsuki

Me:

sanatana.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 12

The eagle eyes on tumblr... So I guess more and more characters have been recycled from "Trumpet Creeper" into "Secret". :D

57dae7c4ec520ed4df07595ab0e4aa8a9ddb8e39

2341f548f01c1c84f2c84cb13fc01e26a34c809a

Credit: seoulitewriter

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 6

I'm curious though when it comes to Dan Oh there is a lot mystery going on. First of all, why suddenly her heart would act up in a bad way as soon as she is near Ha Ru? I read a theory that would actually support that the shadow is controlled by the writer as well that if things don't go the way they're supposed to on stage it will continue in the shadow. So even though Dan Oh was fine on stage, after Ha Ru changed the stage, in the shadow her heart would go off. If the writer still controls the shadow is this her/his way of keeping Dan Oh away from Ha Ru?

But the other thing I've been thinking about why Dan Oh doesn't remember anything at all in regards of "Trumpet Creeper"? Ha Ru of course can see the past, so he was bound to remember his role in that manhwa. But also he came across the hole with scenes from the past which possibly triggered his memories to come back.

With Jinmichae we don't know exactly how he came into this world and if he became aware just like Ha Ru by finding "Trumpet Creeper" and maybe finding the blackhole as well. But there is at least a similar pattern with Kyung. He found "Trumpet Creeper" but only put the pieces slowly and partly wrongly together until he saw the hole and the scene from the sageuk manhwa in there. This triggered the memory in the hospital after he removed the mask. So for Ha Ru and Kyung at least that's part of the reason why they remember "Trumpet Creeper" and Dan Oh doesn't.

We remember that Dan Oh as well saw the blackhole on the bridge (so did Jinmichae - did he, unlike Dan Oh, see something in there?) but unlike Ha Ru and later Kyung she didn't see a scene from "Trumpet Creeper" in there to trigger her memories.

So maybe the reason for that is she actually died on stage in "Trumpet Creeper" and she came back with a clean cut and as a "new" character without any memories left - not even in the back of her mind. I think Ha Ru was wondering if like him she had this familiar feeling while being at the historical place at the summer camp and at the pond. And when she said "This place seems familiar" Ha Ru was almost hopeful. And maybe somewhere very deep inside of her she still has something left from back then because she then said "I was a princess". I mean she wasn't and she could've just said that because what girl wouldn't say "princess" when hearing "sageuk"?

But anyways, I think another reason why Dan Oh doesn't remember, not even after Kyung gave her those burned comic pieces, it's because of her personality. She has a very different attitude towards not only "Secret" but "Trumpet Creeper" as well. You would think she would be interested in knowing how the two stories are connected and how her and Ha Ru are connected throughout at least two manhwas. Or even wonder if they had a happy ending, since Ha Ru told her he was something like a prince (I think at this point he didn't know his role in "Trumpet Creeper" exactly) and Dan Oh was something like a princess. But she doesn't wonder at all. Some might think she is passive and uncaring. But actually she got a lot to deal with in her current setup with her disease. I also think she is sensitive enough to notice how the memories from the sageuk manhwa torment Ha Ru, even though he isn't saying it. But most importantly, Dan Oh rather sticks to the present which can still be changed, therefore her fate is still something that can changed as well, and not to the past which has already ended and can't be changed. Hence why she keeps telling Ha Ru that what happens in "Trumpet Creeper" doesn't matter because they're in "Secret" now and together there. If she would cling to a past where she died how would she be able to believe in a happy ending for herself in "Secret"? If she would remember what happened would it feel like she is losing to the writer AGAIN in the current manhwa?

We know Dan Oh wants to live and she is torn between begging the writer to live and smiling at everyone while still being worried. I think by not remembering and giving back those pieces to Kyung, she is protecting herself from losing hope. To see those pieces and those lines which are the exact lines in "Secret" was already worrying her a lot.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Maybe Dohwa's brother is tired of wearing mundane doctor clothes on stage so he wears flamboyant clothes in shadow,when he goes out with his friends for dinner and clubs and such! lol

• LOL 5
  • Insightful 3

10 hours ago, angelbeast90 said:

Maybe Dohwa's brother is tired of wearing mundane doctor clothes on stage so he wears flamboyant clothes in shadow,when he goes out with his friends for dinner and clubs and such! lol

Oh I love that. :D Just like Sae Mi actually likes Soo Chul in the shadows but has to like blank canvas Nam Joo. :lol: I love the idea the character have all little details going on in the shadow.

Talking of fashion though... Do Hwa in a turtleneck sweater is a thing tbh. :wub:

1573914360.gif

Credit: DCGall

• Like 5
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

But Rowoon is just a living art. He made that flowery suit to be that sexy on him. Gosh... his handsomeness radiates in all directions. :love: Also have we talked about how gorgeous he is in that white coat before! Next reunion with HY, doctor drama yes. 

yes, he is just too gorgeous. hard to take your eyes off of him

• Like 6

In the end scene of last episode where Dan oh is walking away from Haru to some friends. they to not look like her usual friends... I really wonder what her set up is now and who those student are to her.  :blink:

• Like 4