[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

@Jillia That nameplate was a blessing as well as a curse for Haru.

Omo isn't that Juda behind her? First time noticing her so basically Dan Oh wasn't wrong :lol: She wasn't just talking about herself. :lol:

I am actually feeling bad for DanHaru. Sae Mi and Soo Chul were Dan Oh's best friends so won't she feel sad when they won't remember her and would always ignore her. Even Haru might have become close with other classmates while playing tennis. If Sae Mi and one of the boys gain self awareness and is able to remember their past "life" then Haru and Dan Oh might be less lonely. I am talking as if the drama is still airing :lol:

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Jillia said:

You mean in the scene with the nameplate? :D The little things you notice.

Yeah I think they might become friends with other extras but then if they act like Ha Ru or Dan Oh when they were unaware then all they gonna get is "Annyeong" and since they both have no name in the new manhwa, the students won't even know how to adress them. Just like when the teacher gave back the notebook to Dan Oh but only called her "student".

That's why they need to self aware first otherwise there's no point talking to them. I wonder if Sae Mi is going to repeat the same line like before every time Haru will introduce himself to her "I didn't know there was such a tall and handsome boy in our university" :lol:

• LOL 5

My take on the final scene and the butterfly effect:

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/11/25/extra-ordinary-you-on-the-butterfly-effect/

The post has lot of pictures so uploading it might be slow and eat up data. Sorry. 

Excerpt:

C. It was a breathless moment for him, too.

But unlike DanOh who consistently wore her emotions on her face, he was holding his emotions in. He was looking at her and watching all the emotions pass through her face like when someone who’s having an out-of-body experience and watching a scene play in front of his eyes.

Memories were flooding in. He was struck dumb thinking how much she had (or hadn’t) changed from the last time they met.

When she handed him the sketch, he must have briefly remembered the time he drew it. Did she discover his sketchbook in the previous lifetime or was she just randomly handing this sketch to him? It didn’t matter, really. He wouldn’t be eager to take back that framed sketch. It was a sad reminder of their separation.

But when she left the picture on the bench, and turned her back to walk away, he snapped out of his introspection (or paralysis-by-analysis), and chased her.

NHhzxeo.jpg?zoom=1.25&ssl=1

In “Flower,” he couldn’t hug her.  He had developed feelings for her but she was the Prince’s fiancee and he was King’s guard.

In “Secret,” he couldn’t acknowledge her, much less hug her. To him, she was somebody familiar and important to him, but he couldn’t remember who she was and why she was important.  Also, before he could do anything, her Stage began and she was zapped out of his company.

This time around, he remembered her instantly. He was overwhelmed to meet her again and could only stand and stare at her. Her departure galvanized him to action, and this time, he was the one to cling to her and hang on.

Finally.

To sum, the flutter of DanOh’s butterfly wings spanned three manhwas. In their first time, nothing made sense to them, and she paid the price with her own life. The second time around, Haru brought meaning to their secret connection, and he willingly paid the price with his own life. This last time together, there’s hope that they’ve finally found the separate peace and happiness they’re looking for.

source: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/11/25/extra-ordinary-you-on-the-butterfly-effect/

• Like 3
  • Love 5

Because of Rowoon I am unable to see this as a romantic and cute scene anymore. I keep hearing his "Do you think I am an idiot" line and it ruins the whole mood :expressionless:

88e8a0d7bc0c82a49c6a8b20fb310dcf72ff8506

3abd41d28877f4e0829916548531249cb563249b

5393ab0c410ea9663d61e6dfc6edabf948cbdd2d

Spoiler

3933421eab6b4f527e4b7146eea882dab3c08ed6c22da74ac74c14e92d446a4a052c4aea488e2293

Credit: seongink-archive

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

@Jillia I agree. Haru is such a sweet and ideal boyfriend. He teases Dan Oh like a friend, pampers her like a lover, supports her like a partner and respects her like a good boyfriend :wub: (looking at you Baek Kyung). Now I feel like I shouldn't have watched this drama. Haru has set unrealistic expectations for other men. I guess I am going to have a very hard time finding a boyfriend now. :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I was up watching EY until 1am and my eyes are so tired now. I’m doubly glad that Haru found out the truth that he didn’t kill Danoh in Trumpet Creeper either onstage or offstage. I was just so miffed when Haru was shaken by the lie that was used as a weapon against him to persuade him to stay away from Danoh. However, when Haru found out the truth for himself, I like how he confronted his accuser with the the real truth. 

@Jillia, regarding Ju Da, I’m glad she and Do Hwa didn’t work out. Upon rewatching I’m convinced that she’s wishy washy. She doesn’t really show a strong affection for either of the guys. It seems to me that she goes with the flow more than anything. I think she also likes that she’s adored by both guys. I don’t dislike her but I think Do Hwa deserves his own girl who adores him like Danoh adores Haru and SH adores Jinmichae.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@celebrianna @Jillia I don't hate Joo Da but I don't like her either. I still don't understand how she fell for Nam Joo. After she became self aware she always seemed to be annoyed with him. Whenever she said something to him his answer was always same "Because I like you". It felt like he was a robot and was programed to like her. When his birth secret came out suddenly she fell for him. Maybe she confused pity with love :lol: I don't know but their relationship looked forced. Even though she is with Nam Joo I don't think she has strong feelings for him. She chose him mostly because she wants happy ending. I am glad that Dowha and Joo Da didn't end up together. Like you guys said Dowha deserves someone better. He needs someone who will love and treasure him dearly. Only if Joo Da had accepted his heart then he would have been the 2nd best boyfriend after Haru. :wub::lol:

• Like 3

@Jillia Instead of "I also like Nam Joo" if she had said that even though I like you I am afraid and not courageous enough to try to change anything I don't want to suffer anymore I want to be happy even if it means that I have to be with Nam Joo. It would have been more believable and made her character even more likable and relatable. 

That's true DanHaru can make even the most troope-y scene heart fluttering.

• Like 4

@-Love Blossom- I don’t know how Namjoo and Joo Da’s relationship could be any less unromantic. You really described Namjoo and his interactions with her well: like a robot. They always sounded so scripted and lifeless. @Jillia, yes, Joo Da’s decision was very abrupt but I was glad that Do Hwa was finally able to move on because every time he hinted at it Joo Da gave him hope which to me seemed cruel when she didn’t have the courage to risk a relationship with him. 

• Like 5

@Jillia, I love that Danoh is healthy in the new story and she and Haru can grow together and create their new “now”. The darkness of death and separation that was breaking their hearts is gone now.

Nam Joo’s fashion sense sure took a steep dive.   His shirt with pink hearts? strawberries? sure had me chuckling. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2