[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

Thanks for the update guyss!! Glad our thread is still active :wub:

The drama is indeed popular!! This is why we shouldnt trust rating these days, I'm really glad we never give a fck about EY rating lol (people on other thread usually post about the rating after the eps end, and when it goes down or the rating is low everyone was sad. .)

God bless all the actors and staffs who worked hard for this drama. Most of actors in EY are rookies but they did good, I hope we can see them more in the future, I can see they will get more popular after this drama

• Like 7

He is such a adorable bean:heart: I think there is something magical in the name wook. First Ji Chang Wook then Kim Jae Wook and now Lee Jae Wook.:sweatingbullets: Three of them are amazing actors. 

Lol I read a comment in twitter asking is this Wrap Up party or Guerrilla date:D the crowd is that enormous 

• Like 6

They are so cute. Also Rowoon is really a gentleman :wub: He was quick to offer his jacket to Hye Yoon as soon as she laid down. Hope their friendship remains stronger after the drama too.

@Jillia about ratings I think the drama really did well for a school drama and also the casts are mostly newbies in the acting field. Also the buzz worthy list rankings should be enough to prove that it was indeed loved by the audience.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Just finished watching ep15 and 16! (have not been reading on the thread because I was trying to avoid spoilers and then everything moved super quickly! will go back and read)

1- I was really happy to see BK smile(I was worried we'd never see LJW smile:tears:) and then realise that he is a monster. Too little too late but it felt in character. He needed to realise that the DO he liked was shadow-DO not as stage-DO... if that makes sense.

2-I read somewhere that there was little romantic chemistry between the leads... all I have to say to that is: say what? This show was never about heavy romance. and it is a campus drama... I want sweet love not rip-your-clothes-off chemistry. So bug--- off critics. Our brilliant cast gave exactly the right amount of love... Also it KILLED me that JD and DH didn't get together. They had the most chemistry... I get why she made her decision but I wish she had said "maybe next time" to DH. 

3-The ending was perfect for me. I was happy that we didn't see any of Secret's leads or support characters (EDIT! NJ... Sorry how could I forget our strawberry sweater. I feel that was massive trolling of the most oblivious character in the entire show). The show is about extras and that is how we ended. I hope that Squiddy and Squiddy-wifey are currently raising a little squiddy family together. 

4-More on the ending. That DO doesn't have a name in the new manhwa is EVERYTHING. I now want to see fanfics for all the unnamed characters in dramas... or at least fanfics for extras and leads who have connections but no other relationships (I have a couple of very specific couples in mind). 

5-On the topic of fanfic... in a way EY is a fanfic. It is taking characters who we want to set up and put them together. Second lead syndrome can be gratified now in my heart (Looking at you SWB!!!) :wub:

I do think ratings are important for the cast and crew because of future projects but... I think the k-watchers have a shift towards darker/more serious dramas at the moment (away from comedy). There is an argument about social-economic anxieties and the kinds of media we consume... I can't find the article and can't remember if we watch funny things when things are good or bad. But... WHO KNOWS. Love the dramas you love regardless of ratings. xx

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Rating are not good but this drama already named "hit drama" in Korea, I added so many article about this issue , and rival drama is Camelia has surpassed 23% rating but EY most talked drama through 2 months ( If Camelia wasn't EY already was first but okey, second is so good too because EY was pipped as the post and it was first ranking 2 weeks) ) and If we think Camelia has high rating and senior actors , this drama has noname actors and low rating nevertheless EY standed all conditions and this amazing a success :wub: I am so happy , because MBC dramas and highschool dramas has low rating I worried  for Rowoon before drama started but this success is suprised me so much .I am happy.:joy::bawling:

• Like 10

How do  we understand that a drama was hit ? When Other channels talked about it drama . This drama started recently other channels reupload all  videos of Rowoon, KHY , LJW . Specially TVN and SBS reupload all videos Rowoon' s  previous dramas :w00t::lol: and they added title " Rowoon discovered by change" etc.:lol: and I saw so many idol talked dramas and some idols parody this dramas:lol: 

• Like 7