[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

Is this the doctor though who owns all these flamboyant jackets? :lol:

@baby.hae

Spoiler

Why was BK removing the oxygen mask from Danoh? Is his motive to kill off her shadow self since otherwise she’s protected by plot armor? She cannot really die onstage unless the onstage story says so.

@Jillia, I didn’t watch the episode yesterday as yet but someone mentioned that an aware character can lose their memories in the shadow through death like Haru and Jinmichae’s ex-flame.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Kyung is unstable and definitely emotionally not mature enough to have a relationship. As Ha Ru told him, he need to fix himself. Meaning he needs therapy. It's not Dan Oh's task to fix him and it's not romantic to disregard her feelings and wishes or to tell she is the only one left in his life who is real. Like NO, Kyung move on and do something different with you life instead of making to everyone and anyone how miserable you're.

OK, now let's contrast this with another scene in episode 26:

Spoiler

About minute 26, Dan-Oh and Ha-Ru are sitting outside the school talking about the surgery and whether or not Ha-Ru should change the stage.  He gently takes her hand and says, "Tell me what you want."

The difference between someone able to have a mature relationship versus someone who cannot.  When someone is constantly searching out ways to please you, interested in your thoughts, and genuinely wants to make you happy, that means they are vested in you and cherish you.  If someone act like this to you, latch onto them and never let them go.  That's a keeper.

• Like 14
  • Love 3

29 minutes ago, NloveMH said:

After tonight episode..the war between both team (haru and baekyung) get more complicated (from what i see in twitter and IG) :huh:

lets just enjoy this drama till the end (hope for a happy ending) 

You know these are fictional characters....I felt weird seeing how serious people got over it....and then I saw Trevor Noah's interview with Anna Kendrick and they were duscussing how social media always reacts with equal intensity to everything be it something trivial or something really terrible...and that made me laugh....

A little thing to cheer everyone up here...

Credit: to owner

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Do Hwa gave Ha Ru clothes from his brother and he is wearing another flamboyant jacket again. :lol:

Am I really the only one who LOVES these jackets? I want them. I would wear them every single day (changing at lunch time). They go with everything! Jeans, skirts, dresses, shorts... I could wear them out with the girls for drinks, or to work, or to a fancy date... I mean literally the most versatile thing in a wardrobe (after an LBD) is a flamboyant jacket... :wub:

And I've watched without subs and tje'ogij  a4tjosgjaarag rmamkger I need subs but I also don't want to relive... but I want to... :(

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

@celebrianna @Jillia

sorry for late reply! I actually haven't watch the full eps yet but I watched some clips on my sns, I think Baekyung killed Dan Oh because he want Dan Oh to forget Haru because if character dies in the shadow, he/she will lose memories or become unaware again , so he can keep Dan Oh for himself and prevent Dan Oh to change the stage again. Thats why in the next screen Dan Oh couldnt remember Haru, I assume Dan Oh already dead in the shadow and she reborn again because she is still alive in the stage

• Sad 6
  • Thanks 1

I admit i like baek kyung. For me, i like to watch or read story of  some one who changing to be a better person. Im hoping that baek kyung is that character but he just change like 20%..:sweatingbullets: but i still wishing there will be redemption arch for him. And he definitely not a boyfriend material in real world

I dont want him to be with dan oh. I just wish that he know that sometimes you need to let go the person your love and dan oh to acknowledged his feeling. Like a true second male lead in most manhwa..

Hoping that lee jae wook play different character with happy ending like seol ji hwan in his next project

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

You know there are certainly people who would take the scene in which Ha Ru tells Dan Oh he must change the stage because he can't lose her, he can't live without her, as something to criticize Ha Ru or compare him to Kyung. But that's just who Ha Ru is. He is very open about how he feels and then we have the scene right afterwards with Ha Ru asking Dan Oh to tell him what she wants, what she wishes for. It showed he would follow her wishes and not disregard them like Kyung does.

@Jillia You preach it!  Ha-Ru's initial reaction is very normal.  Actually if he had reacted differently at first,  I would have been worried.  Our brains are hardwired to think about what is in our own best interest first.  That is a self preservation trait in our brain and it is planted into our subconscious so that we can just react as opposed to thinking about it which, could be dangerous.  However, unlike Kyung, Ha-Ru's higher level brain function kicks in and he has the ability to see beyond just himself and look at what is better for others.  He has the ability to see how others are impacted by the world and delight in their triumphs and share in their suffering.  In my line of work we call that compassion.  That is why in the end Ha-Ru will do everything in his power to make sure Dan-Oh has a happy ending.  Kyung, on the other hand, will do everything in his power to make sure Kyung has a happy ending.  However, I am still holding out hope for BK that he will have a change of heart before the end of the series, but the opportunity for change is starting to draw to a close.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 4

i always knew haru would never even attempt to kill dan oh and i was right. it was beak kyung who tried to kill her in secret's shadow and he killed her in trumpet creeper's stage. whether it be shadow or stage, haru would never be able to do something like that. 

i'm upset we don't have preview. And it might be a little disturbing to see dan oh and beak kyung next week because she is going to be in love with beak kyung due to loss of self-awareness.

my poor baby haru had to endure so much because of this writer. but i know that haru will have a happy ending with dan oh i know for sure.

i don't feel anxious anymore. a little sad but no longer anxious because people came up with absurd theories like haru will kill dan oh.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Hide contents

But I have a question: since Dan Oh died in the shadow and therefore lost her awareness, does this mean back then Ha Ru died while saving Dan Oh and that's why he disappeared? Not because Dan Oh tried to change her fate?:o

Your timing is excellent.  I was actually wondering what did happen when Ha-Ru saved Dan-Oh's life in the pool.  Part of the issue maybe that death has a different meaning in the manhwa world.  It could mean not only a physical death but also could mean a complete rewrite of the character, or moving them from a no-named extra to extra, to 2nd led, etc.  I am starting to think that these types of changes cause for lack of a better term a "reset" of the character where due to deep seated changes in their circumstances, they lose non-stage memories and might possibly have personality changes as well.  It goes without saying that initially, they lose their self awareness.  What I think the writer cannot do however, is remove deep seated memories from previous iterations of themselves from previous manghwas.  I think this is why lines bubble up from other manghwas like Trumpet Creeper when certain situations occur within the current manghwa that trigger the character.  In the end this is how I think Ha-Ru was able to regain his self awareness.  Through the blackhole he was able to reconnect within his previous iteration in Trumpet Creeper, which was already self aware and the previous iteration was able to instill the same self awareness in the current Ha-Ru.  

• Like 2
  • Insightful 7