[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

Netizens comments :

(+204,-13) the feeling of repeating the same thing every time.ㅠㅠ I mean you can give us a sweet scene at least.. He's just coming to another crisis.. And stop Baekkyung violence as well .

(+86,-3) Ah the writer.. Let's talk about it for a while~ Will it go a little bit tomorrow? Anyway DanHaru so pretty .

(+49,-3) Really it's going to end next week ㅠㅠ What the hell is going on really ㅠㅠ They work together from the beginning in Secret.. Please give them happy ending.

(+12,-1) When I see Baekkyung's brother begging you not to change it...  I feel sorry for him.But you can't see the tragedy of Haru.

(+12,-3) Please ㅠㅠ Don't lose Danoh ㅠㅠ Let her be happy with Haru.

(+8,0) The casting is really a winner.

• Like 9

@Jillia, I hope noble idiocy gets thrown out the window. 

Spoiler

Danoh is always forced to fangirl or profess her love to BK onstage and Haru has to watch her do it. If anybody should understand that the stage forces you to do and say things against your will, it should be Danoh. Therefore I think she would understand that Haru never wanted to kill her. More than anyone else in the story, Danoh, Haru and Do Hwa (and Jinmichae) should know how merciless the stage is to their desires.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

at this point I just want our Dan oh to survive. :unsure:   poor Haru can´t imagine the torture he is feeling knowing he did kill her in the trumpet  manwha... He is going true every emotion so I guess we cant demand him to act rational.... But I do not think Dan oh is a person that would just let Haru distance himself without asking what is going on. But whats more important is her health so I feel as things get more serious Haru can´t leave her alone...

• Like 8

Poor Rowoon LoL. His body must be so bruised from all the hits he takes from Hye Yoon! She seem to have quite the strength for someone so petite. The part where Haru shielded Dan Oh from the water splatter during art class with his blazer sort of reminds me of Rowoon's appearance on Lipstick Prince where he did something similar. He must've asked her if she was ok a dozen times ha-ha. I love her shoes they had Amour on it eheheh. The manhwa writer seem to possess God-like abilities & with Dan Oh havin' that rather morbid premonition; the writer appears to hold all the characters fate in his hands~

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

i watched today's episode and i'm so heartbroken. pls, pls, my baby haru.. he is suffering so much. i wanna pray to the writer to stop making him hurt so much. gosh his angst is killing me. the writer is so unfair to him. i just want him to be happy with dan oh is that too much to ask. pls let haru be happy that's all i care about. 

when haru confessed that without dan oh he wont be able to live, i felt that.

Spoiler

a73467bd37fa4fa49fd77b09439613ab.jpeg?s=

look at his precious smile. i just want that for him.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

prayer circle my baby gets the happy ending he deserves with the girl he loves. 

i won't have it any other way. 

why do i feel if haru could hold dan oh forever and she allowed it, he would do it. because in this episode i felt like being away from her physically hurts him. :bawling: 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

look at this precious baby, he deserves the whole world and more, and to him dan oh is his whole world, so just give it to him

the preview is making me so anxious

• Like 5
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

The question about Kyung and the way he acts is always:

Why doesn't he want Ha Ru to change the stage? Is he genuinely concerned about how it might effect the plot and does he believe it might hurt Dan Oh, even worsen her disease? OR does he have utterly selfish reasons? That he simply wants the story to maintain the way it is because if things change he would've to ask himself who he really is and if his memories are his own or not?

I feel like it’s the latter. I don’t see how he’s truly concerned about Dan Oh’s welfare at all. Even though he’s ~taken care~ of her and has implicitly confessed that he likes her, I don’t understand why he needs to compete with Haru and get him out of the picture. If Baek Kyung truly had Dan Oh’s happiness in mind, he wouldn’t consistently force himself onto her and question Dan Oh’s feelings for Haru (“do you like anyone who can change the stage?”). Also, the way he asked Dan Oh to get a surgery is lowkey manipulative too:

“If you die you will leave a scar that can’t be erased”

Poetic but he’s guilt-tripping Dan Oh. :huh: 

It’s a good thing Dan Oh isn’t easily swayed by what he says and decides on her own.

Baek Kyung is utterly selfish I can’t stand seeing him. I hope they give him a redemption arc next week because it’s also unfair that Baek Kyung hasn’t grown throughout the drama.

• Like 12

I'm still emotionally processing all the angst, so here's something completely unrelated to Haru and Danoh and how much they're wringing feelings out of me:

Did anyone else notice how Saemi drew Soochul as her "masterpiece" during the (very meta commentary) art lesson? :lol:

hmwTDKq.png  

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I don’t think HR killed DO in TF.  He was just “too late to protect her”.  Like the teacher said in a lesson, “he arrived but the tragic scene had already happened.”  The reason is because of this pic, if you look closely, BK is holding a sword scabbard in his left hand (circled in blue)... that means unless he commanded HR to use the sword to kill DO, he’s likely to be holding the sword in his right hand.  So BK killed DO, HR tried to stop it but it was too late?  He couldn’t protect her.

3-A997-FFC-C5-CC-4-A31-BFD0-8-DDE1-ADCAF

• Like 5
  • Insightful 8

@celebrianna Were the character descriptions from the drama or the ManHwa?  From what I can see thus far, there is nothing that suggests that HR will kill her.  Unless BK in his rather demented twisted way in TF thinks the only way to get HR to stay by his side is to kill DO to force him to.  Or they end up in some sort of battle and DO is killed.  Or the sword was meant for HR and she steps in to prevent it from happening.  I get the feeling in Secret though HR may well unintentionally “kill” her.  Contrary to what we’re seeing in flash forwards and flashbacks, I think DO actually needs the surgery to survive.  That’s why BK is the one to “save her”, he tells her to go ahead with it.  HR is trying to delay or halt the surgery by changing the stage.  This would lead to her death...  this is why there is this warning NOT to change the stage scenes.  DO thinks her character’s ending is death but I think like @brielover suggested, this is a romance comic, so she’s actually meant to “live”.  But they need to keep to the plot line in the stage.  Changing it would mean she dies.  They can do whatever they want in the shadows but the stage needs to stay the same for DO to “live”.

All pure conjectures on my part.  You could be right though (and the character descriptions run true) and if you are, then it’s tragic.  :tears:

• Like 5

Today was a filler episode....I absolutely adore Eun Dan Oh.....But Kyung annoyed me today....OG Kyung from Webtoon had a better character arc by all means...so did Haru....yes Dan Oh wants to live but if she is asking you to take a step back to changing things....do that...both boys need to tone it down....Juda is scary....Sae Mi is a lamb in reality and Juda is lion....anyway rest was good but could have been better

• Like 4

@nrllee

Spoiler

The character descriptions were from the network that airs the drama I believe and not the manhwa. I heard that they later removed the character descriptions. 

Also, I thought Danoh had to die onstage. I believe her character description said so because I remember commenting back then that the writer seems to hate Danoh. If Danoh has a chance to live onstage now it’s because Haru, Danoh and Do Hwa changed the stage back when they supplanted Juda/Namjoo. It seemed that it was always the onstage plan for Danoh to die that’s why I have been wondering if they would really end it in a new manhwa. 

In a way a new manhwa might be better in terms of Danoh existing completely healthy. If she has successful heart surgery wouldn’t her life still be impacted by it? She’ll have to live with certain limitations for the rest of her life.

• Like 7

It's a filler episode for sure. I dont see the necessity of that scene with HR taking SM's mirror and practice his smiling face and being caught in the act by his classmates other than HR being cute. I think his overprotective arc is enough to emphasize that trait of him. Also the scene where BK wait for DO at her home. If the intention is to show BK confession then aren't the scene under the tree and in the park when he tell DO to take the surgery enough? That scene just makes BK looks worse for forcing his feelings even when DO says not to. Is this to spice the love triangle up between HR-DO-BK? To make him look swoonworthy? What about the JMC back story with the girl? What about BK's bro motive or back story?

It appears to me that the drama is famous in SK among teens/tweens, hence the drama team tries to maintain the light,funny vibe of the drama. And yes i sense the noble idiocy coming too. My fear of this drama going downward is bigger than my fear of DO's death.

On a positive note, i love seeing overprotective HR. I also love DO's scene with BK when DO says "i know you hate coming to hospital, but please bear with it just a bit longer, after this you wont have to come anymore". KHY act that part reeeeaalllyy well with tiny detail expression. I wish they could show that part of her more, because i think the drama's problem in this second half is maintaining the balance of this drama and also DO's character.

I hope tonight at least we'll get some answers especially to why and how DO died in TC.

And JD intrigues me. She somehow gives hope to DH but also keep her setup relationship with NJ.

Spoiler

The preview can be misleading. But the particular scene when someone put off DO oxygen mask scares me. Especially with BK narration just right before that scene, about character losing his/her awareness when he/she dies in the shadow. I'm having this bad thought that either BK/HR tries to kill DO in the shadow so that she will lose her awareness and give her less pain on the stage.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

Hi,

This episode was so sad Haru is such pitiful & sad character to me he is always looked down by kyung ...

the writer is pushing too much Baek Kyung Dan Oh relationship? like see <_<he like her now ..he was rud just because of his setup now he love her in stage & shadow ! 
Isn't the tipical main lead character we get from cliché drama? 
I know alot are droolling for Baek Kyung & i understand some get attracted to the bad guy Baek Kyung style:smirk: (The actor is doing a gooooood job i love him) & all his sad back story but NO no NO writernim .....i am not buying it.  HELL NO
Well how can you support someone who is forcing himself ???
she told him several time that she like Haru !
I don't know why the director is doing this but Haru is so nice like realy realy realy :innocent:nice (btw didn't find the smile scene+the mirror was so childish to me  like <_<agh!!!!!!) what's for? ???that he made him look weak & Baek Kyung look like he has the upper hand .
i want him to stand for himself more .

I think the episode was empty they could have do better to add some stories with Namjoo +juda ..Haru Dan Oh.......and other.

• Like 6