[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

On 11/8/2019 at 1:34 AM, Jillia said:

We all think it's about the characters being aware or not aware. And changing their fates or not. But I was thinking from the beginning what if everything we see is actually part of the manhwa, of the plot itself?

What if the writer is actually writing Dan Oh AND Ha Ru (as the leads) the way we see them? Maybe the writer isn't so dumb after all. lol

i really like this theory. that would make the writer brilliant and that plot line would be much better than secret's plot line. and this would a huge inception.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Jillia said:

EDIT:

Here the screenshot of Ha Ru and we see Kyung in the back...

my baby, haru, he looks so devastated... curse you secret's writer whoever you are for making my baby go through this.

32 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I guess we will find out what the drama has planned for us. :D

Ha Ru on the other hand is 100% done with Kyung. Like he told Kyung to fix himself but Kyung keeps being obsessed with Dan Oh...

But also Rowoon is so handsome. Everytime I look at him I have "HOW!?" on my mind. :lol:

as long as it doesn't have an open ending or the type of ending where they just show the back of the hero or where the the two leads meet each other at the last second and smile at each other the end.. i'm going to be happy. i'm doing a prayer circle for the ending to be anything but these.

don't even get me started about rowoon and his gorgeousness. all i do is drool over him while watching this drama. he made me binge watch this drama and rewatch it and just makes my heartbeat as fast as dan oh's every time he is onscreen. 1570689780_438_5-Reasons-To-Start-Watchi

a perfect being honestly. 

this mv is so beautiful. all the scenes from trumpet creeper are seriously gorgeous. who else thinks haru is too handsome to be a second lead like ever?? like how?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

@bebebisous33

I know this is a manhwa/drama and it's making fun of all the tropes but I still have this big question mark above my head. Because I don't see how marrying Dan Oh to his son could benefit Kyung's father. I get that if she was healthy and would join their family it would create a bond between their families and the business relationship between Kyung's and Dan Oh's father would lead to Dan Oh's father investing money. But in the end if she dies then what reason would her father have to keep that business relationship? It makes no sense to me. I actually makes more sense in "Trumpet Flower" that two families join in order to weaken the king aka to make it impossible for Dan Oh's father to support Jinmichae aka the king.

But you could definitely be right when it comes to Kyung's father that he is the puppet master behind everything.

EDIT:

Here the screenshot of Ha Ru and we see Kyung in the back...

Because it is a set-up and BK's father is still unaware. Even if killing DO doesn't benefit him in this story, it doesn't matter. The story is repeating itself and as such he is forced to give that order to LDW's brother. 

Remember that his other son believes that it is better doing nothing because he will get a happy ending. In his eyes, his father doesn't need to get aware... and this is where it is all wrong. All the misery started in the first manhwa, when the minister proposed the marriage with DO as an alliance. Either the brother doesn't care if DO dies and is more concerned about BK or he has not realized that DO was set up to die if they don't call off the engagement... Here the brother thought, the engagement would be called off by BK due to his past behavior. Yet, he had no idea about what happened in secret and in the past as well.

From my point of view, the moment the father gets aware, he could help to change the scene. Someone else dies during the surgery f. ex.  

• Like 6

So we have two camps of thoughts.

The one's who thinks all changes will lead to unhappiness:- Jinmichae, BaekKyung, and Junhyun.

The one's who are in pursuit of happiness by the process of change:- Danoh, Haru, Dohwa.

But it is human choice to let the river not run it's course and build dams. I mean to say we all are in search of our own happy endings but we should not make others unhappy by doing it. But should the writer give them happiness or should they find it themselves.

Sorry I went off a tangent there! But after reading all these insightful discussions I could not let my thoughts let go unstated.:)

• Like 5
  • Insightful 5

4e31c544fb4077ddcc6bc97befd1b5a7.gif

this scene is so unimaginable sexy, I almost died of a heart attack. No wonder dan oh's monitor wouldn't stop beeping. Dan Oh is really strong anyone else would have died with Haru that up close and being that soft and sexy at the same time. 

30 minutes ago, Jillia said:

This is cute as well. :D

rowoon is just so adorable and annoying. i honestly adore their interactions, it's pure and cute because they are the same age. 

• Like 13
  • LOL 3

giphy.gif

At first I thought, Haru and Dan oh were pulled towards each other because they were the leads of another story. And while my hunch wasn't a hundred percent correct. Who else thinks that these would be much better leads of trumpet creeper because I mean it was Haru who gave Danoh that trumpet creeper jewelry and he met her first even before Beak kyung, this writer is really bad at writing isn't she. or she/he must really like beak kyung's character. 

ezgif-5-71ff452442c6.gif

Just look at these two totally lead material.

As a writer myself i always found myself drawn more towards supporting characters than main characters and i've always wanted to a write a story where the supporting character becomes the lead character and I'm glad that extraordinary you exists for this reason

i also always thought that jinmichae knew more than anyone else and thought he was the writer, like he was a meta character, writer who wrote themselves in the story. but now i'm like a hundred percent sure he isn't the writer.

• Like 15
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

Because I don't see how marrying Dan Oh to his son could benefit Kyung's father. I get that if she was healthy and would join their family it would create a bond between their families and the business relationship between Kyung's and Dan Oh's father would lead to Dan Oh's father investing money. But in the end if she dies then what reason would her father have to keep that business relationship

The benefits are not tangible.  For DO’s father it was always about her happiness.  That’s why BK’s father was always on BK’s back to keep her happy at all costs.  DO is supposed to have a crush on BK for 10 years (stage set up), so her happiness is her father’s happiness.  Keep her happy, then her father would be happy and business relationship would be fine and dandy.  Even if she “dies” later on, the fact that BK kept her happy would mean DO’s father would be indebted to BK’s family because they kept her happy till she passed.  So in the eyes of BK, she’s like a shackle to him, for 10 years she’s been “smothering” him (on stage), someone he could never shake off.  Whilst I am not excusing how unkind he is to her, I can understand his frustration and annoyance.  He feels trapped and suffocated and is lashing out (understandable but not justifiable).

• Like 10

I know this isn’t our trumpet vine but how beautiful is this flower? It looks somewhat like the pendant. 

Anyway. I’m really enjoying all the discussions. Some interesting ideas. 

For me the most fascinating thing is how  baek kyung is a support character/lead and therefore is invested in the story playing out according to the authors original intent. Until now he has no reason to be a different, less angry, person because his shadow self is satisfied by his stage self. Now his shadow and stage are coming into conflict and he wants to change the shadow and not the stage. I think that is why he was the first to completely understand how to change the stage. Haru know instinctively but BK knows the structure. 

As we go along, I’m convinced more and more that DO will be the one to make the ultimate decision. Based on what we’ve seen in Trumpet Flower manhwa, I think that she put herself in the way of the sword. That when they tried to change the stage there is resulted in her death and the scar. Which makes me feel like the ending here will be bitter sweet. With DO choosing to find  Haru in the next Manhwa. With eps we have left we could do that and still have a half episode of them being adorable in the new manhwa... maybe with Haru as the lead. 

Because ultimately this is about freewill and as they have more and more memories of their history the more they will remember of their past. 

And it makes me so happy how kdrama fans on soompi sit around discussing philosophy. Bring out the popcorn! Time for Freewill 101!

I only wish they could make make a season 2 so that we can see new hijinks.  

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

27 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@leeminhosny

Hide contents

I've read that there are many not so nice comments toward KHY because of her interactions with Rowoon - they're like BFFs but now have to avoid interacting a lot because of those comments. Do you know whether it's true? Please reply in spoiler tags. Thanks. :)

Spoiler

I don't know about KHH but last week somebody gave problem to Rowoon:tears: bad things wrote about him ,really his heart has broken , :tears: he is so sad and so fandom was so sad last week :tears:because Rowoon has shot for 6 months and he couldn't join his group events, but I think (maybe) they are jealous of kiss scene and BTS, Rowoon is so warm to KHH but I know Rowoon is so warm to everyone, he has easygoing character , my baby only guilt he is so warm:wub: I hope they will forget this bad people

• Like 5
  • Love 1

They say trouble misfortune comes in threes! Like most folk stories have~ three witches , three bears , three piglets, three princesses, three wishes, so on and so forth!

Also as in Secret manhwa has A3 ,D3, Y3!!! :lol:

So if @Jillia is correct this drama is the third manhwa!

They also say  three is considered good luck. In Chinese cultures, the number three is considered good luck because the pronunciation is similar to the word for ‘alive.’  So third times the charm and Danoh and Haru will successfully change the story-line!!! But it was all along what the writer was writing!!!:w00t::lol::D

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

11 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@leeminhosny

Reveal hidden contents

There are always weird people in every fandom. It's important that we don't give either of them a hard time. They should just enjoy filming and make a good time. And hopefully having them reunited in another project. :D Thank you for replying!

I wish Rowoon and KHH are a histrorical drama :wub::tears:

• Like 6

@tinymel @angelbeast90 Actually, I perceive some similarities between the fictional writer of the manhwas and gods. The writer is not seen in the dramas just like the deities, yet the characters feel his presence (storyboards, the dreams, the objects flying around, the magical appearance of the ornament etc.).

That's why believers believe in miracles. People believing in god/gods think that people's destiny is already determined. Only gods / God know what will happen in the future etc. On the other hand, this drama really outlines that despite being forced to follow the orders on stage, the aware characters are trying to move around this which indicates that free will is what matters in the end.

HR and DO have still some free room where they can choose what they want. No matter how life  is determined or not by god, the individual is still free to do what he wants. HR is the best example... he had to struggle in order to change the stage and they did succeed. In other words, no matter how restricted their life is, free will is the most important thing in the world.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Basically the manhwa writer writing a big parody on all the tropes and clichés, making us think he/she is completey unoriginal but in the end it's all his/her plot.

Hahahahah... I think the manhwa writer is the subject of the parody of the drama writer! (I haven't read the actual manhwa so don't know how it works there). 

While the idea that the manhwa writer is controlling the shadow is really interesting, it--I feel--over complicates the drama because we have no other knowledge of the writer in the drama (which I'm pleased about because I like when dramas have a strong core of not too many characters). I do like the idea that the writer's set ups influence the shadow though--as if they cannot really get rid of their fundamental set up:

DO-- to live and change her fate (dying in Secret; being used as a pawn in TF)

Haru-- to go from being invisible(he is meant to be a shadow guard) to protecting DO 

BK-- to use DO for his own selfish needs and only begin to care when his toy is taken away

Squid-- to feel powerless against the world / know he is a puppet

DH-- to love the girl and never be able to express it except in the shadows

JD-- to struggle against her powerless set up and only be able to stand up for herself in the shadows

The writer (drama not manhwa) is being soooo freaking clever with these characters though. Even on the stage DO knows that her illness is what prevents her character from being totally happy. Haru knows stage and shadow that he can change the world but that his actions have serious consequences. etc etc...

@bebebisous33 YES!

• Like 12