[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

I’ve always thought that it was only a matter of time before Haru gave Dan Oh the moon because he was never able to deny her anything to begin with. Obviously, I underestimated him and his ability to overcome even the most insurmountable obstacle and challenges with his strong will and unconditional love. SHE WISHED TO SEE THE STARS IN A WORLD WHERE NO STAR EXISTED SO HE WENT AND CREATED HUNDREDS OF THEM FOR HER. Haru who has always had so very little continues to give Dan Oh his everything. And it’s also such a Haru thing to do because instead of saying something is hopeless and impossible, he always manages to achieve a miracle.

56f9cbc26d6f7a1b45e052644183b126ead36e2e.pngd524c3e9401896f95f7502ed925d018cf23630af.png936beae3ffd580f08b978738cd15559fa808cc78.png

• Like 4
  • Love 9

About today's episode 24 ending...

Spoiler

It was so sad.. the ost made me cry so badly..

Even though they managed to change the stage (combined help of Dohwa, Haru and Jinmichae's ex?), Danoh foresee that she will die in surgery.. and Haru recalled that in saeguk land either killed Danoh, or she died in his arms causing the cut on his palm.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

That ost and the both of them saw death in the two different manhwa's made me tear up. Haru saw Trumpet Creeper death and Danoh saw Secret's storyboard death.

On a lighter note love self aware Juda.

Aso Junhyung seems to know Trumpet Creeper too!

The pottery scene was too funny how it transpired in the end! Wish Baekkyung did not loose his cool though!:sweat_smile::tounge_wink:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, briseis said:

I’ve always thought that it was only a matter of time before Haru gave Dan Oh the moon because he was never able to deny her anything to begin with. Obviously, I underestimated him and his ability to overcome even the most insurmountable obstacle and challenges with his strong will and unconditional love. SHE WISHED TO SEE THE STARS IN A WORLD WHERE NO STAR EXISTED SO HE WENT AND CREATED HUNDREDS OF THEM FOR HER. Haru who has always had so very little continues to give Dan Oh his everything. And it’s also such a Haru thing to do because instead of saying something is hopeless and impossible, he always manages to achieve a miracle.

@briseis Nicely said.  I think the look she gives Ha-Ru in that scene is the realization that she need not bother looking into the skies to see a star; when a star fell to the earth right in front of her, shining so brightly.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

This is just going to kill me though... my heart is hurting...

Just kill me I can't watch this scene :bawling:Rowoon you will be amazing actor my baby I am so proud of you, hardworking boy , finally he is recognized:wub: look his face muscles :bawling:  muscles even cry 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

Spoiler

Netizen comment :

(+243,-6) Whats wrong with today's ending?! What's with the preview! please let Danoh and Haru happy in secret comics!

(+245,-20) I feel so sorry for our Kyung ㅠㅠ Please make Baekkyung happy ㅠㅠ

(+83,-3) Please let Danoh and Haru happy ㅠㅠ I feel so bad and crying for them ㅠㅠ Let's just walk on happy road ㅠㅠ They're really suit each other as couple ㅠ

(+29,-2) DanHaru happy end please.

(+14,0) I'm curious about Baekkyung brother .

(+11,0) Haru Rowoon is so cool .

• Like 6

THIS IS SO LONG ASJFDKHSKJGH SORRY GUYS :w00t:

WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN? I am honestly so flabbergasted with Ep. 21-22 (/11). It revealed so much and broke me into literal fragments. I wasn't emotionally prepared to be broken this entire episode, yet here I am. The overall tone of this episode was literally the gradual buildup for pent-up ANGST. I appreciated all the fluffy DanHaru scenes, but then by the end of the episode, it was all set up to feel like one big heartbreak. I didn't realize that I was also tearing up by the end of the episode for the same reasons that Haru was (KHY and RoWoon's acting!!!). This changes so many of my thoughts -- is DO truly aware, or is her love for Haru predetermined as well? Given that both DanHaru have recited lines from Flower before, albeit in a different setting/context...it might be too early for me to say that I'll be disappointed if this is the case because this drama throws so many curve balls that I'll just sit here and wait for the answers to reveal themselves.

It's so heartwrenching and so moving to see that Haru became aware purely out of love for DO in Flower, and it's interesting to see the (ever-growing list of) parallels in Secret and how it was DO who first reached out to him. The way he quietly and softly repeats that DO is his beginning as if he's holding on to such a fragile thing is so much more than just what would be a seemingly cheesy line in a different drama. They're utilizing this starcrossed lovers/soulmate theme really well and the way it's written into the narrative of the drama is unlike I've ever seen before. Haru's dialogue for the entirety of this episode was filled with such emotion and conviction that it hurts!!! I interpreted the ending as him crying at the fact that it is finally him that DO says her thanks to and not BK, since it was so heartbreaking to see him watch her from afar (Alexa, play "That Should be Me"), but also the realization that not only might DO not be truly aware or that his anxiety of the future repeating itself is more than likely to happen, just as JMC said. I am hopeful for the happy ending that goes against these odds. We don't know how many timelines Haru has traveled just to get to the Secret DO that remembers him, and JMC's cryptic conversations with Haru has me wishing (PRAYING, really) that their happy ending is one where they get to be really be together. 

For Baek Kyung:

giphy.gif

I genuinely enjoyed watching his scenes in this episode, both Flower and Secret BK. As if he hasn't been given enough depth already, the drama really increased his threshold for background context huh? I must say, it was melancholy to see how attached (but scared) he was to DO, especially when they were younger. But the fact remains that he consciously chooses to act the way he does in the Shadow and while aware and he just *facepalm* I HAD SUCH HIGH HOPES. I was literally throwing silent air punches when DO explicitly told him what Haru means to her, yet he tunnel-visioned into the one reason that could have changed him for the better if he hadn't only focused on that. At the same time, I can see the desperation that he's trying so hard to cling on to. BK is a lot smarter than he looks, but he's misguided by his surrounding emotions and in turn causes him to be the antagonistic force of it all. I was also quite sad (but not surprised) to see his Flower counterpart, that he was even worse there than he is in Secret. It makes Secret BK an angel next to Flower BK. And the fact that Haru had to suffer through watching these evil acts unfold right in front of him...It makes me anxious for the events leading to this tragedy that we're building and that mine, and many others' predictions about how he plays into DanHaru's relationship is causing me literal pain phew! It seems that this tragedy is both the events that will happen and how it well affect an aware Haru both mentally and emotionally...JMC was right and has every reason to beg Haru not to change anything. I was sincerely hoping that the theory of BK causing DO's death in Flower wouldn't be true, but it seems that we're heading right for that at 100mph/160kmh.

(Further thoughts, with webtoon spoilers:)

Spoiler

Since it seems that's where the drama is heading, I have a feeling that the ending will be a switched parallel of BK sacrificing himself to "redeem" his character??? Although DO is gone in the end of Secret, it was Haru who got hurt during the motorbike accident instead of BK right? Although I did read that it was BK first on Stage, then things happened and the ending was rewritten so that Haru would get hurt instead of BK.

Flower Kyung was a complete POS. I have no sympathy for his character there. I think it's interesting that he didn't love DO there either and was only using her, but in Secret, he became softer towards her because they had a history together. Again, we all know by now that he doesn't love DO in Secret, but I started to wonder whether or not his "love" and unwillingness to let her go isn't just because he wants to keep the Stage as it is. Perhaps deep inside and unbeknownst to him, his Flower characterization is getting to him too (i.e. the greed for power and his possessiveness, getting what he wants in whatever means possible).

I really loved DH's role in this episode, and it was refreshing to see him since I tend to miss him often these days. His little part when he caught up with DanHaru gave me the life I needed to recover from this episode. JD too! I loved her badas-sery in this episode and sending poor NJ off just like that :D I just wish that DH realizes, or JD exposes herself as being aware soon because I really want to see their dynamic together. And with the introduction of JMC's love interest from Flower, I hope he'll also begin to have the courage to find his own happiness despite these predestined circumstances, and in turn will help Haru (and hopefully along with Kyung) find the solution to this story.

I hope Haru tells DO about their past and doesn't keep it to himself. Doing that will only slowly kill him as if we haven't been tortured enough with that already. Based on the previews, Flower DO found the manhwa (or Haru showed it to her) so she must have become self-aware too (YAY!). I wonder if they'll do the same for Secret DO and her discovering such repressed memories. 

Finally, I'm generally very open to angst (doesn't mean I enjoy it!) but EY is just so different. It hurts unlike anything I've experienced before in years of drama watching. It's not the typical annoying angst either -- it's written and interwoven so well that you secretly can't help but ask for more because it gives the story much more depth. Kudos to the writers and the actors for making such an emotionally-charged drama. Never would I have expected a mere high-school drama at first glance to be this deep, and I appreciate the fact that I am along this journey with you all ♥. I'm not ready to let this drama go; there's so much more to explore that can't be done in just 16 episodes. Perhaps 2 extra episodes won't hurt :sweatingbullets:?

• Like 14
  • Love 2