[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

3 hours ago, larrysouth said:

LOL, that was a dated pickup cliche back around 543 BC.  It only got more dated in 1990.  I groan every time they play it on television now.  However, I will keep an open mind since it involves our shadow couple, Dan-Oh and Ha-Ru.  :wub:

Every romcom worth its salt needs a pottery scene... but it would be great for one where the GIRL is teaching because I've never met a teenage boy who knew how to throw a pot... 

I actually really adore bits like this because flashbacks to high school and sometimes that was the intro to skinship... mini golf (how to hold a golf club), waltzing (close hold), playing pool... and all sooooo much better when one of you *pretends* not to know how to do something so that you can be taught! sigh :wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, larrysouth said:

LOL, that was a dated pickup cliche back around 543 BC.  It only got more dated in 1990.  I groan every time they play it on television now.  However, I will keep an open mind since it involves our shadow couple, Dan-Oh and Ha-Ru.  :wub:

I know but that scene in Ghost is iconic....lets see what we get here :D

BTW, the scene were the other three extra were mocking A3 and the girl said she would take responsibility, I died :D:lol:......I wish they'd give us more of these extra's being super 'Extra' moments.

• Like 2

Just finished watching today's episode:

I love feisty Juda haha...The line, "I wonder who i'll be without you" or something like that was awesome. Her aware personality is really cool. And she and Dohwa are so cute, give me mooore! 

Haru and Danoh are cute as usual, i'm not overly invested in their saguek story, but watching for the mystery. To be honest, i would be content just watching them being adorable, i live for those scenes  @Jillia  your gif posts are :wub:

Baek Kyung is Baek Kyung, but the cemetary scene was nice...It's really hard not to like his character haha, but i remind myself like Danoh that he isn't the same guy from www! He is the same but not the same :P

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

One look from Baek Young and Haru kills without mercy. He’s absolutely devoted to his master and seeing how ruthless and power-hungry the Goryeo version of BY used to be I get the feeling that while it might have been Haru who swung the sword which killed Dan Oh, it was Baek Young who gave the order because it’s clear that Haru is unable to defy his command. If it’s true, then it’s so damn messed up but at the same time utterly brilliant.

d0825a53cbc93c830b5c6c3d38f0cb6d7e95cd90.pngab9dd4c44cd5c93c8292e76365bdb599dc3b2a52.pnge769f5801bb4ccfb49fa1460f44ff3f07209c105

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

Netizen comments :

(+112,-7) Rowoon, what am I supposed to do if you look so lovely?ㅜ

(+55,-5) Let's go to DanHaru happy ending~

(+34,-6) I don't know what to do when it's over.ㅠㅠ

(+25,-3) Rowoon is such a Haru ㅠㅠㅠㅠ  Please let Haru dan Danoh happy~

(+15,-6) Don't cry our Haru , I cry for you

(+10,-2) Rowoon don't cry!

• Like 4

MEET MY SECONDARY OTP! One part of me always wishes that Haru would punch Baek Young in the face while the other desperately hopes they’ll start to makeout against the wall. 

XBmr5Fi.jpg

I swear Haru and Baek Young exist in some sort of an alternative universe, which is basically a secret story within a story, where they are the OTP and Dan Oh their foil because from the moment they met for the first time on screen their chemistry has been out of this world, be it in the Goryeo manhwa, which feels like a prequel of Frozen Flower, or the high school setting, which reminds me of a HIStory installment. I mean I know that the Goryeo BY sees Haru as nothing more but a loyal dog and the high school BY can’t stand him because he’s his love rival but if you take away those premises, you’ll get a BL romance.

gXtaEoG.jpg

Both actors are so freaking pretty and tall (190+ cm) and whenever they share screentime together their characters have incredible dynamic and the air is literally charged with tension, sizzling attraction, double meanings and innuendos. Even their dialogues work perfectly. I’ve never seen anything like this in another kdrama and I’ve been watching those for 13+ years.

WO3jnJn.jpg

• Like 6
  • Naughty 1

I expected at least one full episode of flower (sageuk) so i could understand all the events happened in their past life, but at this rate i think the drama will just go back and forth through the secret character flashback to the past. This is actually confusing to me because the sageuk scenes come in random order. So i need to rewatch and analyze the sequence of the events evolved in flower then try connecting them to those happen in secret.

Spoiler

Flower has a sad ending, but I think HR is not the one who killed DO due to BK order or something like that. I think it's more like a sacrifice from DO. It's either she sacrificed herself or she was unintentionally sacrificed to protect one of or both BK and HR.

I wonder with NJ departure what will happen to secret the manhwa. It can't just end with the male lead leaves the country and the female lead continues her life normally at school right? Will this be the time DO and BK take over the manhwa and become the main leads replacing NJ and JD? Because if i remember correctly from the MBC character description of JD, she will show this unexpected side of her when she realizes that she's no longer the main lead due to someone's effort in changing the stage.

i really love the ost of this drama. The one released yesterday is so sad yet beautiful and fits DO HR perfectly. The lyric is sad but the melody is beautiful.

I thought the new ost from last night is from SF9 because it is sung by various singers like an idol group. Is it not?

• Like 4

I’m in such a good mood because of that heartfelt ending between Danoh and Haru. It’s like Haru was saying to her that even if this story ends in tragedy again, he will find her again and again to protect her. He’d do anything for her. His eyes were filled with tears too when he said it and I was sincerely touched because it helped me to understand the depth of Haru’s love for Danoh to keep trying to defy the writer repeatedly considering too that he doesn’t even belong in Secret originally. His promise is particularly poignant because before the ending scene Jinmichae told Haru that he wasn’t meant for Danoh, the writer never intended it, and they would never be together. While Danoh was sick at home, Haru admitted that he felt anxious. I think he feels a growing anxiety that he and Danoh might be parted soon so he took the opportunity now to declare his promise to her that he would always find her no matter where.

If I was Jinmichae I would be enjoying the world of Secret. Trumpet Creeper seemed to be a nightmare for him with an overbearing, scheming, and most probably wicked mother and a scheming, hostile brother. Heh. Suddenly the world of Secret seems like paradise. Poor guy was literally shaking from those unpleasant memories. 

• Like 9
  • Love 5

For these characters, they take birth because author drew them right?

Their world is what author's knowledge is right?

Meaning, the language they speak, the words they understand.. in shadow too, they will speak what they know right?

their vocab is limited to all the words all the characters ever spoke in their presence and the dialogues these characters speak for themselves... so even if they want to break free... atleast in terms of what they say, what they know, what they feel.. that is a limited library of emotions.. isn't it?

• Like 2

Netizen comments :

(+32,-4) I really like Haru with Danoh~

(+26,-1) Baekkyung it's too salty but it's his charms.

(+9,-2) Haru and Rowoon, I will support you!

(+11,-5) DanHaru ♡♡♡

(+6,0) I really like Danoh and Haru chemistry~~  I'm excited to see you again. The more I look at it, the better it is. Dano is so cute. I hope they will get the Best Couple Award and the Rookie Award.

(+1,-1) What's the difference between Seol Jihwan and Baekkyung? I was surprised to see the same actor on Search WWW again. He is a young friend, but he is good at acting.

Spoiler

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 4