[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

@JilliaWow that mirror scenes compilation you have done is mind-blowing coz some days I wake up and look at the mirror while shaving and wonder who am I? :sweat_smile:

Also maybe I hope Shin Saemi looks at her beauty mirror and become self aware. Coz if what I read of the spoilers on Danoh's bestfriend Song Yi is going to replace Saemi as her number 1!! I think she is going to have a hard time now.

Anyways I'm also curious if Jin Michae will pursue her or just stand there staring and do nothing!!

Also was it in the last episode a trumpet creeper was thrown in to secret manhwa! It's as if this plant has a mind of it's own and is magical. Now I wanna see if Danoh planted this plant!:lol::D

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

@dairymilks   @Jillia About Soo Chul, I have been wondering about him since long ago because the fact that he keeps taking pictures and videos of everything that happens around him made me think that either it's going to play as a plot device later (assuming those videos and pictures don't get erased after the stages).....either it's actually his way of remembering the shadow! 

I have seen in some school setting drama (I don't remember actually which one) a similar character that always has his phone and records things (can somebody tell me if it's a cultural thing? You know, as in every class there is the trouble makers and the clown and a Hermione granger ... in Korean classes I guess there is at least one liveblogger?)

Also, Saemi was surprised when Haru reverted back to his soft-spoken and kind self when he suggested to go and eat teokpokki together with her Soo Chul and DaNoh...and she was like "HUUUH! you didn't sound like yourself!". Basically Saemi seems to still be unaware of being in a manhwa , she only remembers the stage, and in the stage she has been only exposed to cold Haru. Soo Chul however responds to her with something along the lines "what? he totally sounded like himself!"....which means that he remembers shadow Haru.

I'm just guessing here but if he turns out being more than what he's been painted as, I'd be more than happy! If not, he's still a cutie patootie and I like him regardless.

God I wish this drama was 60 epodes of three seasons long or something! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 6

231ee88236b84ca9b0e3f1b34ec76450.jpeg?s=

Kim Hye Yoon And Lee Jae Wook Cross Paths In An Unfamiliar Place In “Extraordinary You”

In the newly released stills, Eun Dan Oh (played by Kim Hye Yoon) and Baek Kyung (played by Lee Jae Wook) are spotted in an unfamiliar place. Baek Kyung appears to be lost in thought, while Eun Dan Oh secretly watches him. Furthermore, Baek Kyung’s signature sharp glare seems to contain a bit of sadness, piquing curiosity as to what kind of place the two have met up in and what significance it holds.

Soompi

Kim-Hye-Yoon-Lee-Jae-Wook-1-768x768.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jillia said:

On another note, on DC Gall one member notice that each character who became aware had a mirror scene.

In episode 1/2, she is looking over all her children pictures and photos with her parents, then she walks over to the mirror wondering "I'm a character in a manhwa?".

In episode 5/6, Do Hwa is seeing his own reflection, realizing what Dan Oh said happened... the nosebleeding disappeared.

In episode 11, Kyung is watching Nam Joo and Do Hwa fight through the mirror... it's his moment of realization.

And then in episode 16, Joo Da is visiting her grandmother in the hospital and we get this shot of her looking at herself in the mirror.

So all mirror scenes show that these characters become aware of themselves as characters in a manhwa. :) 

That was a good catch by someone!  They have an amazing eye for detail.  If memory serves, I do not think we have a similar situation for Ha-Ru.  If I am wrong please let me know.  I am beginning to think that Ha-Ru is not from this manhwa at all.  Is it possible that he actually came through the "black hole" from the Trumpet Creeper manhwa to get into the Secret manhwa so that he could be with a living Dan-Oh?  I just get the impression that Ha-Ru never really belonged in this world but is doing what he can to be with Dan-Oh in Secret.

• Like 4

Recent silent reader.

Just want to thank you all for the amazing gifs! Saving them all~

Also Hyeyoons birthday, November 10, is coming up! I hope they celebrate it together on set and that filming isn't done yet. Would love to see bts of that. :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Jillia said:

I think though that the new character "Song Yi" is from the sageuk manhwa "Trumpet Creeper", so she may not appear in "Secret" but only there. :D But we will find out. But if she does, then I wonder what will happen to Sae Mi.

I checked the previews that come up at the end of Episode 20.  Song Yi is in a school uniform walking with Do-Hwa down the school hallway and gets introduced to Dan-Oh as a new student.  She is also shown in Trumpet Creeper as well in several scenes, mostly with Jinmiche.  Like you, I am fascinated to find out what her role will be.

Less than one day until the next new episode.  Yeah!

• Like 3

Yeah filming has ended atleast confirmed for Rowoon...rest don't know....they don't film scenes in order so possible some of them are still filming....good that production seems faster...I guess that is the reason we are not getting much of fan sightings and all from sets

Also the sns buzz report is out...Extraordinary You is 2nd behind Camellia, Rowoon in 3rd, Hye Yoon in 5th and Lee Jae Wook in 8th position.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/057/0001393440

An article on how much Hye Yoon is loved by viewers and PD says she gives 200% satisfactory performance....Glad for all of them.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, larrysouth said:

That was a good catch by someone!  They have an amazing eye for detail.  If memory serves, I do not think we have a similar situation for Ha-Ru.  If I am wrong please let me know.  I am beginning to think that Ha-Ru is not from this manhwa at all.  Is it possible that he actually came through the "black hole" from the Trumpet Creeper manhwa to get into the Secret manhwa so that he could be with a living Dan-Oh?  I just get the impression that Ha-Ru never really belonged in this world but is doing what he can to be with Dan-Oh in Secret.

From the character descriptions released previously on this thread 

Spoiler

Haru goes through various manhwa looking for Danoh whom he vowed to protect even if it cost him his life. So I think he does not belong in this manhwa and probably came through the black hole.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Haru coining the term “Extra-Ordinary You” to describe Dan Oh was such a beautifully poignant and meaningful moment. On one hand, because she was the one who named him first which means that now the Korean title for the show reflects the name she gave him, while the English title refers to the moniker Haru came up with for her. On the other, because from the moment Baek Young became self-aware he’s been using the word “extra” as the ultimate insult to Haru, and both directly and indirectly to Dan Oh, which is much worse than calling him any other vulgar name because by labelling him a “mere extra” Baek Young belittles his very existence as insignificant and almost useless, basically questioning Haru’s right to live and suggesting his sole of his existence is to serve others (how damn symbollic of Haru’s and BY’s Goryeo counterparts). 

OoWnrqs.png

BY makes it sound as if being an extra were something inferior and dirty. It’s something that really troubles Haru and not so much for his own sake as for Dan Oh’s because he’s heard her multiple times calling herself an “extra”. So when he coins that “Extra-Ordinary You” nickname name he is basically turning BY’s insult of her into a precious endearment, something truly special and singular. It’s not about your set-up in life, it’s about how you use the time you were given and live it to the fullest. It’s no wonder Dan Oh ended up falling for Haru; because even if you take away the whole “past-lives-lovers” scenario, he is the one person who treats her as if she were the main protagonist and he were her most devoted fan.

S2JqhMb.png

Considering BY kept calling him and DO mere extras for so long, it was only a matter of time before Haru snapped and when he did, what an amazing sight it’s been! The whole episode is basically about Haru proving to Baek Young that extras matter and are actually much better than him because, unlike him, they try so damn hard to live their lives. It’s as if he were on a mission, constantly one-upping Baek Young in every aspect, bet it sports, academics or admiration of their classmates. Because it’s clear that when the odds are even, Baek Young just can’t compare to Haru in anything or win against him fair and square.

ii234Xn.png

• Like 4
  • Love 10

9 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Yeah filming has ended atleast confirmed for Rowoon...rest don't know....they don't film scenes in order so possible some of them are still filming....good that production seems faster...I guess that is the reason we are not getting much of fan sightings and all from sets

Also the sns buzz report is out...Extraordinary You is 2nd behind Camellia, Rowoon in 3rd, Hye Yoon in 5th and Lee Jae Wook in 8th position.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/057/0001393440

An article on how much Hye Yoon is loved by viewers and PD says she gives 200% satisfactory performance....Glad for all of them.

Filming didn't finish , it will finish 21 Nov. they already said in BTS video and I added there Rowoon said in fancafe letter "wait 3 weeks more"

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Ahh, thanks for sharing the stills for the upcoming episode! A few people already commented on the Danoh/BK scenes, so I'll table my thoughts on that. I'm really, really excited though about the surprise that Haru has for Danoh. I'd sort of guessed it from the preview, but with the new stills (and this image in particular)

tDd76bq.png

I think they're going to be pulling an iconic scene from the webtoon. :)

Here are a few quick images I captured from the webtoon (under a spoiler tag just in case):

Spoiler

tjI5drl.png

GvNiEc8.png

If they actually do take the scene as is from the webtoon, it'll be interesting to see what angle they approach it from because (webtoon spoilers:)

Spoiler

In the webtoon, Danoh mentioned how it was a shame that they never got to see the nighttime sky at school and how beautiful it'd be. After multiple failed attempts, Haru wound up recreating a night sky by cutting out holes in a dark fabric/curtain and hanging it up. That curtain winds up having additional significance later, particularly in a BK/Haru/DO scene, but it also serves as a reminder that he can make changes, given that one of the holes remains in the curtain (although the rest of it goes back to normal). Overall, the scene itself is just really beautifully drawn, but most importantly--this is also where she confesses to him. :)

I can't really see it having the same meaning as it does in the webtoon because so many scenes are shot at night time in the show, but I'm all for it happening regardless, hahaha.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

11 hours ago, Jillia said:

Plottwist:

Nam Joo's mother and even Nam Joo have been aware all along... at least Nam Joo's mother. She must've been in "Trumpet Creeper" as well. Like I can't get her speech out of my mind when she told Nam Joo "you know what's on the line". Of course she could just mean it as a mother who wants her son to be loyal to his family, especially his father OR there is something more to it.

I could be wrong though because 6 episodes certainly aren't enough to put more meaning to her other than being the classic daily drama future mom in law who is just terrible to a not worthy enough girlfriend.

Like you said only 6 episodes are left. They also have to show saeguk part. I don't think they will go that deep. When Nam Joo's parents came to the school  they talked about his brilliant elder brother and his mom's expression became dark. Maybe he is Nam Joo's step brother and more capable than Nam Joo that's why his mom is afraid that if he ends up inheriting the company then they will lose everything as they are his step family. Typical chaebol drama :lol:

I have seen some people complaining about why Dan Oh doesn't stop her friend Sae Mi from bullying Joo Da. But even if she does and tries to makes her understand, what's the point she will still go back to bullying her on stage because she is not self aware and will not remember anything. Dan Oh already tried to save Joo Da from bullying thrice ( classroom, cafeteria, umbrella scene). If I remember correctly then Joo Da wasn't bullied in front of Dan Oh after episode 2 or 3 so there is no way Dan Oh can help her in any way. I also doesn't hate Sae Mi because she was set up to hate Joo Da. Other than Joo Da she is nice to everyone and a good friend to Dan Oh. Just like Baek Kyung she is not doing everything willingly.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2