[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

I can't help but omg at so many eye-catching moments in the latest episode! Its like more characters are getting out of hand!

- right at the start, the black hole showed some scenes with saeguk Haru's hand holding a blade, and him in tears.. (oh no!!)

- our quick witted Dohwa says that Haru may have regained back his awareness cause of his determination or maybe he likes Danoh!

- at the sandwich shop, during stage Baek kyung rejected Danoh's sandwich but ate it when it switched to shadow

- still at the sandwich shop, while in shadow Dohwa confesses that he will give up on Jooda, and the disappointment on her face..

- the amazing acting skills when Saemi quickly catches on that Danoh likes Haru and goes into fits mode cause her bestie is in an affair

- the funny and out of place comments by one of the 3 Saemi minons (praising and being in envy of Jooda)

- cornered in the science lab, Jooda can actually have that evil look in her self-aware mode!

- OMG Jooda may like Dohwa..!!!! she didn't look too happy with Namjoo confessing to her in the science lab

- in the hospital, Baek Kyung's brother jumping out to take the hit for Baek Kyung and might have slipped abit more than necessary about if Baek Kyung married Danoh and asked Baek Kyung not to change anything.. 

- Jinmichae seems to be seeing the replication between the saeguk and current story as the characters keep saying the same things

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chubbz said:

I think he used the word "fate" and not "setup". And when Haru insisted on leaving, he asked Haru if he is in love with Miss Eun...Eun Dan Oh...then the episode ended.

Oh thank you for correcting me, i just notice that too, because Baek Kyung always talk so fast, i can't hear properly when i watch the episode. But, when i download the raw video, it's true that he said fate and not setup.

• Like 3

I wonder if BK way of not letting DO goes is a reason for how things gonna spiral out of control beside having more characters being self aware. Maybe him letting her go and accepting that she loves Haru is gonna somewhat sett her free? maybe that is why he is the one that change her fate? just some wild theory here. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dundee said:

Sometimes i can’t stand DO’s character on the stage LOL, i mean talking to BK that she wanted to get married and all :sweatingbullets:

I always like Dan oh even onstage because I’m very conscious of the fact that she is being forced by the writer to act like an airhead onstage. Before her awakening I was amazed at her ability to embarrass herself and endure the embarrassment dished out to her in front of all her classmates. The important thing to remember is that the “real” Danoh has no desire to say or do most of the things the writer forces her to do. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I think so as well. I think in the end it would be pure evil if the "Secret" manhwa would end like the "Trumpet Creeper" manhwa. So I think in the end Kyung needs to make change in the way he acts because it's simple: it's Dan Oh and Ha Ru in the past, in the present and the future.:)

Great someone other think like that.  would be a great message about One sided love and also obsessive love. in the end you need to let the other person go. Not just for the other person but also for yourself and your wellbeing. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

53 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Eeeek... I'm watching the episode right now and I'm crying a little because Dan Oh is so afraid that Ha Ru might disappear again and lose his memory again.38.gif

I just saw that English Subtitles episodes are released.  Going out to watch now.  Be back once I have viewed today's episodes.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Eeeek... I'm watching the episode right now and I'm crying a little because Dan Oh is so afraid that Ha Ru might disappear again and lose his memory again.38.gif

It’s a valid fear especially since they don’t know for sure why he disappeared in the first place. Jinmichae implied that it’s her actions to change the storyline that caused Haru to disappear but then he reappeared again and eventually remembered her. So she must be wondering what can they do and what can’t they do to prevent a repeat of Haru’s disappearance. Maybe the answer is not to meddle with the official storyline but that also means she cannot change her fate. Actually, I don’t see how anyone but the writer can change her fate. That’s why the webtoon ending that I read about makes sense to me. It was sort of a compromise 

Spoiler

with Haru being there to smile for her as she passed away. Then she gets her new story and happy ending with Haru in a new manhwa story.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4

OK, may I say that episode 17 was the most amazing episode.  All those swoon worthy moments between DO & HR were worth all the angst and pain in episodes 15 & 16.  They are adorable together.  Not that they weren't before but it is definitely different.  They are both aware of their attraction for each other now and not fighting it one bit.  :love:

Dan-Oh in particular is being very touchy feely with Ha-Ru.  Sometimes their faces are so close together that they should have just gone ahead and kissed.  :kiss_wink:

Ok, off to view episode 18.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, elsanna said:

Why does it feel like...they have shared same fate before trumpet creeper also:crazy: I am confused like hell after watching ep 18

@elsanna I am getting a similar vibe.  It is almost as though the writer has recycled the comic multiple times.  I wonder if the issue is that some characters become self aware in everyone of the comics and mess with the final outcome of the stage and then the writer writes the same comic with some slight variations in order to appease the self aware characters and reach the ending the writer wants.  This is definitely different than your typical school drama and it is probably why I am enjoying to so much. 

• Like 4