[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

9 hours ago, Ayoko xx said:

Preview of 17-18. Can someone translate it? :)

Dano – HEY KIDS HARU IS BACK!

BK – Everyone, attention!

VO – Are you guys going to officially date?

Dano – I didn’t know that my day to day life was this precious

BK – You can’t win over me because of the storyboard

BK – How dare you look at me like that.

Haru  – Are you afraid of me coming back?

MC – Maybe he remembers his past also?

Haru – Our own story that the write will never know about

VO – if he writer created this world, why do you think you are the only special one?

Haru – it is exactly the same as the previous book

VO – Have you seen a cartoon that looks just like us?

VO – The line was exactly the same

BK – Where is the book!

Credit : dramamilk.com/extraordinary-you

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos, thanks! :)
  • Like 5

Papago trans says:  Junhyun with a meaningful look at Dano and Baekkyung! I'm curious about Bae Hyun-sung's performance in one day. Please look forward to it!

-----------------

I got too curious and searched instagram and found him and his agency. lol. His name Bae Hyuenseung. Also was in another webtoon with Naeun (Juda)

---------------------

Anyways in the scene here the stage is over but the camera is lingering on his face. I don't think it is a misdirection coz it is an intentional directing choice. So this got me more curious now how things are going to turn, in regards to him.

• Like 6

@senmiao98 exactly. Lots of people said they cried watching the last scene with DO and HR but i got teary eyes watching DO and her dad saying they want to be each other's daughter and father in the next life.

About the latest making video and the translation from twitter. I'm still learning korean so i'm not sure either but i think there's mistranslation there. Rowoon is actually praised by the PD for his unaware HR portrayal. The PD jokingly said that they should change HR to be permanently unaware because he acted that part so well. But Rowoon feels that he still lacks portraying aware HR (which Hyeyoon said is harder to portray) and wants to be praised for his aware HR acting too. He's so serious throughout this conversation that Hyeyoon needs to step up and change the mood.

I see Rowoon in different light watching it. I dont really know him before this drama. Only see him in dating variety show with Yoo In Na and Lee Juck. He always joke around with Hyeyoon or the others in behind videos. This video shows his uneasiness as a rising male actor who needs to play complex character. This brings me back to the drama presscon when he said that he feel burdened but Hyeyoon encouraged him by saying that she hoped that he can still have fun/enjoy the process while carrying the burden of being the male lead.

• Like 13

It looks like there are three manhwas:

- Secret

- Flower

- Trumpet Creeper

Since DO repeated in the drama the same from the manhwa Trumpet Creeper, I have the impression that her words could be a reflection of her true self. When she said this in the other manhwa, she meant it... but now, it was used in a stage scene. Therefore I believe that deep down, DO and HR haven't changed at all. The set-up and the story are different, yet everything keeps repeating itself. She fell and he caught her with his back... Even in the new set-up (HR as a new extra), this scene repeated itself. DO believes that the writer is cruel... but what if it is more about fate...

Besides, HR couldn't even help going to DO the moment he returned. He might have been cold, yet he was the one who returned her the shoe. HR's personality never really changed. Even during the ballgame, he ensured that he wouldn't hurt DO. He showed a certain jealousy (unconscious), when he saw BK grabbing DO's wrist. His love for DO is so strong that it never disappears. In the beginning, he started following her and kept drawing her.

Since we saw that DO, BK and HR appeared in a different manhwa, we have to assume that JD, LDW and NJ were also there. Since JD and NJ are now the protagonists, I had this thought that in the manhwa Trumpet Creeper, JD and NJ could have been extras who got self-aware and decided to change their fate. 

Furthermore, I am suspecting NJ's mother to be self-aware and can recognize people from the other manhwas.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4

I feel shin sae mi is also about to be self conscious..she said in a scene why danoh was all sad (as haru forgot her) when just some time before she was all shy asking her about having thoughts of a guy all the time and having heart beat faster with his appearance and all...(indicating at haru) and that scene was as long as i remember not staged but still she remembered that.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

But wasn't the cover different?

You may be right. 

I find it weird that « Flowers » cover became pink when it was blue, right ? 

I have to rewatch because I am not DO and HR were in the blue colored manhwa. 

I am confused and thought Flowers and « Trumpet » were the same.

Secret has a black cover, right ? 

• Like 5

SF9’s Rowoon Goes The Extra Mile To Completely Become His Character In “Extraordinary You”

SF9's Rowoon is working hard to transform into Ha Roo in “Extraordinary You”!

“Extraordinary You” tells the story of a high school student named Eun Dan Oh (Kim Hye Yoon) who discovers that she is a character in a manhwa (Korean comic). When she meets a nameless extra in the story (Rowoon), she decides to go against her predetermined fate and find true love.

The drama is currently rising in viewership ratings, and one of the reasons is Rowoon’s acting as the sweet but silent Ha Roo who will do anything to help Eun Dan Oh change her fate. His extra efforts to immerse into his role have successfully helped with his performance.

Spoiler

In the episode where the students attended the birthday part of Oh Nam Joo (Kim Young Dae), Ha Roo was wearing a tacky green suit that was actually chosen by Rowoon himself. Rowoon decided that Ha Roo would not know how to dress coolly since this was his first part, so he chose a fancy yet cringe-worthy suit that was too small for him. His great choice brought the fun of the scene to the next level.

In episode ten, Ha Roo and Baek Kyung (Lee Jae Wook) had a tense tennis match. In the stage, he had to allow Baek Kyung to win as the writer intended, but in the shadow, his strong play shocked everyone. This was one of the reasons that Ha Roo became a character who was an expert at tennis as well as Baek Kyung’s loyal friend.

To perfect his role, Rowoon practiced tennis several times despite his busy filming schedule. It was his first time playing tennis, but with his steady effort and athletic ability, he was able to learn it quickly. As a result, the tennis scene was filmed in one take, and he was praised by many crew members for it.

sf9-rowoon4.jpg

Rowoon also did his best to understand his character by studying his script whenever he had time. His notes and highlighting proved his serious attitude towards acting, and he made sure to review the script during breaks because he feels a great sense of responsibility over playing his first lead role. On top of that, Rowoon monitored his filmed scenes and recorded them on his phone to analyze his acting. He portrayed Ha Roo with his gaze rather than lines, and because of such detailed acting, he was able to perfectly convey his character.

cr.soompi

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@bebebisous33

Secret cover turned blue because of the lightning.

--------------------------------------

Flower or Trumpet Creeper/ Chinese Trumpet Vine was always Pink in colour.

능소화

83xxFKV.jpg

XFlgBwo.jpg

----------------------------

I feel it was a subbing confusion coz the last letter was confusing.

But Haru said 능소화 Nong SuHwa, in the latest episode when he ran into Michae in the hallway and scattered his groceries with the manhwa in it.

So there is only two manhwa's as far as I know.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

@Jillia, regarding Kyung’s treatment of Dan Oh onstage and offstage, it’s the reason why I don’t feel any sympathy at all for him losing out on Dan Oh. That scene where he had Haru bring him the bouquet of roses to give to Dan Oh was terrible. Even if he wants to do that to Haru, it hurts Dan Oh very much. There’s no excuse for it because he has repeatedly witnessed how hurt Dan Oh is about the change in Haru. It was like rubbing salt in the wound. He’s continuously thoughtless with regard to Danoh. 

I do feel sympathy for Kyung though about his horrible father. I can’t see his father changing unless he becomes self aware. 

• Like 12