[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

Hello! comeback to soompi cuz EY. :D

Love this drama to the point that a bit ruining my normal life cuz i've been lurking all platform to read all theories, watch bts, etc.

and being tortured for waiting each episode. at least i know i am not alone...hahaha..i really enjoy this forum. :heart:

• Like 8

Kim Hye Yoon's crying....my goodness....her pain felt so real....Baek Kyung...poor guy loves Dan Oh....he couldn't take Dan Oh's complete lack of romantic interest in him well...he was internally struggling the whole episode to contain it....Mi Cae....he knew Haru from flower Manhwa....he slipped up when he said the tsundere Haru is more in character for him...but his sadness for Dan Oh was also evident...he isn't trying to keep them apart...he just knows that this world has its set rules and no character can break free...Deok Hwa truly is  gem....I have a theory about Ju Da....we'll see if it comes true

• Like 7

Hello Extra Squad!

First time posting on this thread but been stalking here like everyday, lols! It's been like forever since I last posted on a currently airing drama thread.

First off, thank you Captain @Jillia for the constant updates from your thoughts to gorgeous GIFs.  :blush:

If my connection permits, I will try to pitch in later and it would awesome if dongsaeng @jeonghyang can livecap with his gifs as well.

Thankful also for all who shared their thoughts here, it fed my mind with daily dose of EY. 

@briseis I am always a fan of your comments.  My latest fave is (not sure if i got this verbatim) "The most awesome thing that ever awesomed" :wub::wub::wub:

@bebebisous33 @stargazer187 looking forward to your thoughts and maybe @Mau_Cherry can pitch in as well

@Miky88 thanks for the link on the manga and for your thoughts and the chat.

On Haru, I wholeheartedly agree with you @Jillia that he is one smooth operator when he put his mind into it.  I appreciate Rowoon on his acting skills here.  He can be as innocent as a lamb when he's called to be one.  I'd like to also note that he acted on the dot with being the hot and cold Haru.  

TBH, my favorite character so far is Dan Oh.  I love how lively she is.  Despite the situation she is in, she would still want to hang tight to that tiny glimmer of hope.  I love how she lives her life, how she is a good daughter and how in the end it's all about how she only wanted to live her life.  It saddened me so much when Haru treated her like he doesn't know her.  I was miffed when MiChae "brainwashed" that it's all her fault that Haru lost his awareness.  Taking it to heart, DO starts to distance herself from Haru.  Painful to watch.

Aaaah, watching the preview aches my heart.  Not only for DO and HR but BK as well.  He's falling for her... fast.  He can't help it.  Yes he is still a jerk but he is trying now and his previous actions cannot be condoned either. Karmic effect...

I also particularly like the DO-DH besties, as they were both cringing on Haru's green-violet coat as mentioned by @Jillia, I'd like to add that they are both cringing on cheesy gooey romance stuff as well, they look so funny doing such.

Another thing I want to be honest about is NJ and JD storyline... my interest just faded as soon as it started. 

I will try to add more thoughts when time and my work permits.

Thank you  so much Extra Squad.

• Like 10

Hi everyone! :)

Honestly speaking I wasn't THAT looking forward to see this drama but after I watched trailer -  I started to wait for this drama to air and then with 1st episode I totally fell in love with all the characters - especially Dan Oh and Haru :)

I just can't how Haru and Bae Kyung can be this handsome :)

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

6 hours ago, briseis said:

Yeah, you, me and most of the kdrama-watching world. So get in line:

Feet aching now due to standing in line and can't even see Haru from up here.:joy:

8 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Geez, they even haven't reached half yet but the angst is starting so tiresome. Aigoo... how could they make DO always suffers like that, it's so upsetting seeing her crying almost the entire episode

True!  And gosh, this girl can cry like I wanna cry with her, you just can feel her pain.  Think we might expect more?

59 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Annyeong, @nonski-chingu! :D So happy to see you in this thread. Can we hope to have you discuss this drama here more often now? :wub:

Yes chingu, I will to join the convo as much as i can.  TBH, I really loved reading everyone's thoughts as well.

-edit-

i keep replaying the preview for episode 8 and it's giving me a sad vibe.  I thing were headed for angstville this coming episodes but I hope at least we get some good unhurried ending for this drama that I have grown so attached already.

• Like 7

Didn't log-in for the past few months.

Aside from Hotel Del Luna and Sky Castle. This drama is one of the best for this year. 

KHY shines in this drama. I knew she can do roles like this when I watched her acting in past dramas especially Sky Castle. Hoping she get more project after this. 

As for Rowoon. I only knew him as a member of SF9 a vocalist. Never knew he can act as well. Especially the differences between Warm and Cold Haru.

For LJW not going to question his acting ability. Since I already saw him from two different roles (Memories of Alahamara and  Search www).

But for Baek Hyung, looks like his character (going to be set-up to be tragic. Not going to get the girl)

As for the other Triangle. They're just boring. It looks like the filler part of the show. JGJ is the only one good there. Maybe due to being him being aware. Hopefully the other 2 (JD and NJ be aware as them selves as well)

Can't wait for the next episode. 

• Like 5

why do I feel we are in an interlude phase with Haru before he gain totally awareness and can probably find his way back to Dan oh. every fiber of is body is always going back to her, we just need his head to get there. oh boy I am ready for him to sneak is way back into Dan ohs heart! Dan oh don not give up on him just yet! 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

@Jillia I actually thought he was also completely forget everything but the twist at the end. .why he went to school in the middle of night (he had reason but still weird because old Haru also lived in the school). .and just like you said there was a sound of changing stage, he knows it then he went straight to place where he hanging his painting (looks like he already knows the place so well huh?)

It could be he is just pretending that he forget since the begining OR he suddenly remember after he saw the hole and painting, MBC uploaded the last part of the eps with title 'Ro won who remembers everything'.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3

15 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Yeah hence why I don't think the drama will drag unaware!Ha Ru for too long. I'm pretty sure they will resolve this today even. :D

Plus I don't think we had this scene, yet? Or am I wrong? Did I miss this scene? And this looks like old Ha Ru?

On another note: this broke my heart. I adore the friendship between Do Hwa and Dan Oh. I love how he came right to her when he found out that Ha Ru disappeared.

And I like that they just friend , no romance included in their relationship . Not a lot of kdramas have just friends relationships between male and female 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 10

It's been years since i post something in soompi forum. It took me several times recalling my old password and username in soompi. I even needed to check the last post i made in other thread to make sure i got my username right. All this because i want to share my thoughts on this drama.

Shoutout to everyone in this forum. Thank you for making this thread alive.

I LOVE the scene in front of DO house after BK takes her home (DO explanation on how BK will never understand her desperation to have her own moments). The drama does better job than the manhwa in this part. In the manhwa it's HR who tell BK that DO suffers pain, other than her heart, that BK don't understand.

BK asked DO in the last night episode, what is it that she really want? 
1. To be more than an extra
2. To change her set up for terminal illness in order not to die
3. or Haru

I think this question is really important and may lead to the conclusion of the drama. In other scene with Jinmichae DO said that she enjoyed every moment with HR discussing how to change the story regardless the unknown outcome. Although she is now still affraid of death but somehow i feel like she'll realize in the end that what matters most is when HR is there with her sharing their every moment to the fullest. It is ok to be an extra, it is ok to have terminal illness, but it is not ok if there's no HR.

• Like 9
  • Love 5

I really love Nam ju and Yeo ju da's story i hate to say it but they are extra in this drama Writer Please give them scene and i want them to become aware of themselves We must all agree that Baek Kyung is slaying the shadow and literally just saying and doing whatever he wanted to do but couldnt on stage:thumbsup:he really hates his father :joy:he kept using "you wont remember":joy:I missed our usual Dan oh and innocent Haru 

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Welcome to the thread, @bee_wannabe and @tianaa! Love how the thread comes even more to life. The more people the more great discussions we'll have.

I agree with you, @bee_wannabe! In the end this is the core of the story. Dan Oh may not be able to change her fate but she can change with whom she is going to spend her time with. I still hope though we will get some sort of happy ending. :D

I dont think it is a melodrama, right? Its more like a romcom? Or not?

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Jillia said:

According to Korean source it's a fantasy romance. It's not even declared as a comedy or romcom. :)

I hope its romcom but I am not too sure right now. The beginning was very funny so thats why I thought that it was romcom but then sadness  came and I hope that there will be happy ending for everyone :)

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Welcome to the thread, @bee_wannabe and @tianaa! Love how the thread comes even more to life. The more people the more great discussions we'll have.

I agree with you, @bee_wannabe! In the end this is the core of the story. Dan Oh may not be able to change her fate but she can change with whom she is going to spend her time with. I still hope though we will get some sort of happy ending. :D

Thank you:wub:

• Like 4