[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

What comic flower? I came here to ask about a preview for the end of 12 because there wasn’t one in case anyone had a link and then I saw someone mention a historical comic flower: is it real, or was it mentioned in the show?

• Like 7

"Extraordinary You" made me come back to the group soompi. Wow this drama is very interesting (yesterday I lost a bit of interest in Korean dramas because I didn't find anything interesting to follow), this month is like the revival of Korean Drama because there are so many interesting dramas to follow.

Alright this drama makes my feelings separate. While watching the drama, Baek Kyung stole my focus. I understand people who hate Kyung, because on stage he is very rude to others and in his shadow he starts to waver with his identity. But let's understand Kyung's character which is actually very sad. Since childhood, Kyung has to be engaged with a sick girl, his father is very greedy, his stepmother is very cruel, his step sister likes his fiance, and her biological mother dies of illness. Maybe that's why he always ready to be an ambulance and nurse when Dan Oh was sick, because basically Kyung was afraid of being alone and no one loved him. But he doesn't have people who understand his conflict, so he makes Dan Oh his emotional place

But when I'm in this group, Dan Oh and Haru's relationship really stole my attention, with the possibility of them being connected to other comics. And dried squid that is not much noticed in the drama, actually holds a lot of code that can be read as a hint of the drama's storyline

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Jillia said:

Do Hwa deserves everything - don't fight me!:wub:

I agree but not that punch given by Namjoo to his lips.

But if he did not get that punch in the lips Haru would not have been jealous!

@leeminhosny Yes Haru swam like a mermaid! I loved that slowed down scene in the water!! I need to find a gif of him diving through the water. He was like a majestic being in underwater!!

Spoiler

little doubt. Was it Rowoon or a body double though?!!

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, tulip06 said:

What is the deal with dried squid? Is he the writer?

Here is the preview for 13-14 ep

Dried Squid/JinMichae was reading another manhwa named  Flower! I don't think he is the writer. JinMichae was in Flower manhwa.

The current manhwa being  enacted right now in the series is "Secret' Manhwa.

I did not read the manhwa's but based on my deductions I assume he is antagonistic towards Haru and want's the story of Danoh to unfold until her death. Maybe he wants to follow her to the next manhwa when she gets reincarnated in that one.

Hope this helped however brief it was.:D

--------------------------------------

Jealous Haru

Haru saves Danoh

• Like 12

She sounded like she was saying Lee Taeri. Found out Lee Tae-ri previous name was Lee Minho before he legally changed it!

--

Also found out that BK being thrown into the pool was a similar scene in Heirs. I never watched that series coz I started knowing about kpop and kdrama until 2011!lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Hi guys I am new to this forum. I have been a silent reader of soompi forum but this drama urged me to join. I don't like school romance much cuz I find them too cheesy. I like school dramas as long as they are not heavy on romance like School 2015 and Moments of 18. I stumbled upon this drama and found the premise interesting so watched first 2 episodes and I was completely hooked. It was fun seeing Dan Oh and Do Hwa making fun of JD and NJ's typical but cringe worthy romantic moments.:lol:

The extraness of Eun Dan Oh's character can easily make her annoying but Kim Hye Yoon made her so loveable. It's my first time seeing Rowoon and he is very handsome as Haru and their scenes together are so heart fluttering :wub:. I am also watching Search WWW right now and I must say Lee Jae Wook is really a good actor. I don't see Seol Ji Hwan (his character name) in BK nor BK in SJH. Don't know why but for some reason his smile reminds me of Park Bo Gum.

As for Haru and DO's past. I think DO was engaged or married to someone else (maybe BK) or they were from different social class so they were not meant to be together and Haru tried to change that but instead something bad happened. 

English is not my first language so please be understanding.

• Like 13

Watched with subs!!!

1- It looks like several of the other extras are starting to become aware... any thoughts that it is only extras who can become aware? There are several scenes with extras looking confused/surprised (when BK "confessed"; when BK and Haru had their confrontation)

2- Are they giving BK a reason to pretend like he didn't like DO? (that he pushes her away because his mum died from sickness so he never wants to get close to people who might die?... fairly classic trope)... But it in no way makes him a good guy... and I really can't stand his character. 

3- Speaking of tropes! urgh. loving them here so much. very well done and often subverted, even the love lines.

4- yes! totally agree. I think he has always been aware of his feelings for DO but they have become stronger as it goes along... the bit on the bench did me in. But the movie theatre scene was the best... so many memories of being a teen and hyper aware of your date in a dark theatre :D

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

when he got a nametag it was almost like he was able to be a real character who starts liking and disliking things

5- I am going to admit that I've always felt a bit sorry for Jinmichae... I think he genuinely wants the best for the manhwa (not necessarily the characters)... when he said that everything had returned to what it was my heart broke a bit. Clearly whatever ending Flower had is really tragic and he wants to prevent that. He seems lonely. I loved at the beginning when he said that it took DO a much faster to figure it out, as if she always does. His relationship with Haru is clearly complicated and he cares for him. When he said "you would disappear" I interpreted that as who Haru really is. That who everyone is on stage isn't who they really are. With Haru's new role in the manhwa, he is now just another character. 

6- I think he could still know all those things and be a body guard / military official in a sageuk (plus fusion etc)

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

I wonder if that wouldn't mean is rather a noble man in the other drama than a bodyguard?

7- This was hilarious! I've really been missing him--and occasionally rewatch METS for the cute he brought in the beginning... I wonder why he hasn't gotten more roles? (he has always been my favourite of the Lee Minhos)

3 hours ago, angelbeast90 said:

She sounded like she was saying Lee Taeri. Found out Lee Tae-ri previous name was Lee Minho before he legally changed it!

Final thought... So many of the guys in this drama are "armpit sniffers" (guys where the girl is so much short that she only(barely)  comes up to his armpit... not gross if they bathe regularly! come one! hehehe... I am also dying to see how they manage the DO Haru kiss... even sitting down she is so much short than him. :D

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Jillia said:

Do Hwa deserves everything - don't fight me!:wub:

Agreed

The way he starts crying when talking about DO's death..... he's just do adorable

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

THE EXTRA SQUAD IS BASICALLY THE AWESOMEST THING THAT HAS EVER AWESOMED!

tumblr_pzhvw4MABX1s8t96qo1_540.png

I want them to stage a coup d'état and overthrow the writer, wait… this is exactly what they’ve been doing in the shadows - basically planning a revolution, prepared to do whatever is neccesary to take control of their lives; their oddball trio of losers adding some extra chaos and disorder to the predictable world of the webtoon.

tumblr_pzhvw4MABX1s8t96qo5_540.png

It’s literally them against the whole universe and its creator. Plus I dig how Dan Oh has so naturally become the head of this operation and the boys follow whatever she says obediently like two cute puppies. She is their general and she’s barging foward with that boundless energy of hers. It’s hard not to fall in love with her.

rC6wGMG.jpg

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

It’s always been only Dan Oh for Haru since the moment he can remember. And her name was actually his first word ever. She’s been the literal and figurative center of his universe from the very beginning. Frankly, I’m even afraid to even guess for how long Haru’s been self-aware because that would mean possibly years of utter desolation and loneliness.

daQgWPk.jpg

I love that we got to see Haru’s POV of their previous encounters this week and that they were even more magical and memorable for him than for her to the point where he even drew the flowers on her umbrella. At first, I thought that the reason why Haru draws might be because he’s somehow connected to the writer or he used to draw in his past (possibly in different webtoon), which is partly true, the whole truth behind his drawing is much more heartbreaking - he draws because he wants to learn who he is, who she is and because he does not want to ever forget her. And he keeps all those drawings in this little alcove which can’t be describe as anything but a temple where Haru worships the altar of Dan Oh’s awesomeness.

P2a60oA.jpg

There are all these barely noticeably details and the one which gutted me the most was the fact that the desk Haru picked out for himself and where he’s been sitting the whole time and where he so often thought about Dan Oh is the very desk where she sat when he first approached her! My heart stay still!

JlY7xEe.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 2

45 minutes ago, briseis said:

Extraordinary You is one of the most gorgeously shot TV shows I have ever watched. The visuals are simply stunning. Each frame looks like a beautiful manga panel. 

Ahhh my two favourite really I love so much this scene ,I miss Legend Of The Blue Sea:tears::bawling:

Spoiler

MTVkYTliODMxM2JmYWU.gif

'Extraordinary You' best minute and scene of Kim Hyeyoon and SF9 Rowoon achieved their best rating 5,2%!

Netizens comments :

(+303,-1) It's so fun ㅠㅠ Danoh acting is so good and Haru is so handsome ㅠㅠ I will only waiting for Wednesday.

(+187,-2) You have to give the cast a real prize.

(+158,-5) Everyone's not interested with the channel, and then they just turn the channel around. When they just click Kim Hyeyoon appears and the scene changes, they see something like this~

(+48,0) It was fun!

(+29,0) So fun !

(+8,0) Extraordinary You was so fun ㅋㅋㅋ

cr:storykpop

I want to add so many things but no time :bawling::bawling:I like so much gifs all of them wonderful

two babies, Rowoon ah I hope you are happy now ,this time I hope you receive a recompense for work:bawling:

365b7b3c-img1.gif

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 7
  • Love 2