[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

1 minute ago, angelbeast90 said:

Didn't they hug unofficially? I loved that scene though.

I think I'm going to have a strong reaction if Kyung x Danoh is endgame!! I've never fallen for a character in a drama ever.

Must be the angles and light reflecting on Haru when they film him!!:lol: He gets so many beautiful angles with the camera and camera person must be very happy with endorphins!! lol!!

Exactly

It's as if the camera loves him...

He's just so beautiful.... in every single frame

And that naive smile he has..... every time he smiles, the day just seems to turn brighter

Can't blame Dan Oh for her racing heart....girl you're in deep.

• Like 7

I confess i'm highly curious and eager to see how the writer will manage to bring Haru and Dan Oh together having such a unique set up as we all know the set up made by the creator of their world is Baek Kyung x Dan Oh as well as keeping her alive,how will they brake that...For those who read the webtoon might suspect why the writer would want to keep Dan Oh alive unlike his initial premise(her dying soon) but here we don't see the "Creator"...

For those who still wanna know,it's mostly swayed by the fan response to the ship inside the webtoon world,were people want Dan Oh to live and be happy and the writer and assistent reading them and the assistent does confirm their happy ending together also mentioning Dried Fairy own happy ending in "Flower" that we know was a tragedy for reasons unknown

... I admit i'm a bit sad for some things being changed from the original story,as the pain that now went to Haru,it was quite an intresting side effect as well as some things between Dan Oh and Baek Kyung relationship and the flowers that played a important role in their set-up and his motivations yet again the webtoon is more serious and gloom unlike the drama...I truly believe here Haru is the one who awakened Dan Oh and somehow he saw her like we saw in his flashbacks and not the other way around,just like he has the effect on others as well and mostly because of how he is strangely a traveller as hinted by the other webtoon "Flower"...I mena i can gess he came from those strange holes in their reality that connected it to anotehr one but it's clear he is not his first time....Now,i'm curious how he had this ability as a manhwa character to jump from different worlds...I guess his arc might also be entangled with Dried Fairy in the drama and webtoon(and he might have some traits from Dried Fairy original arc story)....My guess is Baek Kyung has awarness before Oh NamJu's Birthday Party but kept it to himself adjusting to this new reality and also playing them...

And now we have to wait a week for the new episodes,were is fairness in this world,where!!!!!

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Miky88

The world and how it works is still quiet a mystery to me. I have many theories. I wonder if anything that happens - even the changes - are actually things done by the writer of the manhwa.

Yes, in the manhwa itself exists a (un)finished copy of the story but the changes itself feel like a writer going through many thought processes. Maybe Ha Ru was really a character from another manhwa and he moved to this manhwa as an extra. But just like with every writer - no matter book, comic, movie or tv show - sometimes characters meant to be as side characters become more interesting than the planned main leads.

So, the drama needs to explain a lot and hopefully it makes sense towards the end. :D

If they go according to the original source nope ,the small changes are seen by the writer and assistent as errors or glitches and he is seen correcting it before well posting it on the "Naver" page...Dan Oh was meant to die in that year and would be her last year at school but the writer&asistent changed their minds as the response from readers was quite big shipping the Kyung& Dan Oh couple..Yet with the changes made to the drama i'm quite curious how they change some stuff...Like u mentioned,maybe here for some reasons the writer decides to add Haru as more than extra but somehow i'm still curious if they explain it how because it would be too concidence as he is not even part of the world and should not be seen by the writer as he didn't draw him(damn,that is complicated)...Also, the main story aka Secret in the webtoon is way more makjang that we received here jajjja
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Another intense scene. Baek Kyung needs serious therapy because of his anger and aggression. And I mean it. The writer needs to stop! Good thing Ha Ru was there.

Hide contents

Credit: mufalo

The violent outbursts from BK make me very uncomfortable.  Where Ha Ru moves DO behind him with his arm, I hope it was comforting for DO to know that he was protecting her.  I have only had to do that twice in my life.  Once protecting my nephew from his father and once with my wife at a rather ugly scene at a nightclub when we first started dating.  I hope that people who come upon these scenes in real life know how dangerous these situations are and contact the authorities immediately.  In both the above mentioned instances, I actually feared that the person was going to go into a crazy rage and potentially seriously harm me, if not kill me and then try to harm the person I was trying to protect.  @Jillia I am with you in that I hope they tone these incidents down or remove them going forward.

• Like 10

Imagine guys if Dan Oh and Baek Kyung were actually the main couple of this drama having to fight something like "a stage" were they hate each other while on shadow they like one another,imagine all the makjang and stuff going on while being forced to switch between those two...I confess i would totally watch an alternate drama with that plot for the fun:joy:

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Also, thank you for sharing your experiences with violence and I hope that you and your family are fine now.

Fortunately many decades have past since those incidents happened.  My nephew grew up to be a fine young man, happily married with 3 children.  My wife and I have been married 35 years and still wildly in love.

Also can I just say that the Ha Ru and Dan Oh scene on the bench was heart fluttering.  Their faces are priceless in that scene.  Both their eyes speak volumes.  I also loved the preview scene where they are in the theater watching a movie.  Her cheeks are so red that you can even see it in the dark theater.  I bet her heart was really racing when they touched hands while reaching into the tub of popcorn.  Those scenes are simply amazing.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

After watching with subs I  think that Jin Michae is not telling the whole truth to DO or HR. I feel he should tell Haru about the other manhwa. Because he did not give this info to Haru I feel he is  becoming a negative force in this manhwa. He is always wait and see what happens and now asking Haru to stop Danoh from going astray from the storyboard. He has no intention of helping them in what Haru or Danoh want.

EDIT: Now Haru has mouthed a dialogue from "Flower" manhwa. I will make my own destiny or something like that in this manhwa!

Now I wanna be transported to that manhwa!!:wub:

------------------------------

PPS: Just wanna add this bit DO said Italy but it sounded like Lee Tae-Ri (JinMichae real name) hahahahha!!

• Like 11

I must say that Baek Kyung was truly a jerk this episode hurting Haru everytime he could while pretending to be clueless and bringing over and over again his status with Dan Oh...Also Dan Oh will begin to have a little harem of her own at this point with Baek Kyung lil' step brother adding it:lol:

Also as Haru got promoted thanks to Nam Ju wanting to add him to his A3 i hint that his true personality from "Flower" awakened as well seeing him be good with the flute,drawing etc...

• Like 5
  • LOL 8

6 hours ago, angelbeast90 said:

That truly is what i call dedication,always envy the passion of this fans,their skills are no joke!!!!:joy:

I would totally look like a midget by their side(i'm like 1,54 cm ),they are both giants for real!Well,all the male here are giants:scream:

• LOL 6

Finally, I can hear Lee Jae Wook sweet voice!!!!!!!!!!!! kyaaaaa

I agree with dramamilk: 

I really like how it seems as if Baek Kyung is also playing on the stage and in the shadows of the game. He did what he was supposed to do with his father to end the night with Dano on a sour note, which is what the scene required, but then runs to the theater to be with her during the shadow moment.

Yes, now I can see how Baek Kyung different action between the stage and the shadow. I just hope he wont be violence in the shadow - maybe because his father influence-

Baek Kyung Fighting! Lee Jae Wook Fighting!!!

• Like 4

@larrysouth, Kyung’s violent behavior makes me very uncomfortable. I hope they tone it down in future episodes. I am aware of his background and lousy dad and all but it would be nice if he tone it down and stop threatening and lashing out at everybody. I mean, in the ending scene, did he really have to fling the manhwa down on the ground before Dan Oh’s feet? 

@Jillia, our Do Hwa is still in the same boat unfortunately. I wish he would break out of his second lead role offstage but I suppose Ju Da’s qualities are still appealing to him in the shadow. Heh. 

I would like to see if Ha Ru changes to his personality from the other manga. Before he was like a blank slate because he’s just a no-name extra, has amnesia and was far removed from everyone but now we’re seeing more about him. We knew he drew well but now we saw he plays the flute well.  I want to know more about who he truly is but now he’s disappeared. :tears:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think it was evident from get go that Haru came from that Joseon Manhwa Flower and Eun Dan Oh was there, possibly his love interest who died or something....So, Kyung is self aware and is trying to console Dan Oh in his smug "I don't care but here is your strawberry milk way" ......Boy he does like her

• Like 9

OMG! Haru is using that comic book to basically track and stalk Dan Oh, isn’t he?! The dress-up scene with SM clearly took place on the stage so Haru must have read the whole thing and rushed to the cinema because it’s obvious he is deliberately doing everything SM told Dan Oh to do with BY and more, enjoying every single second of it. He simply couldn’t bear if she did something like that with her “fiancé”. The boy isn’t as hapless and innocent as he originally seemed and I’m all for it.

cwpvmAG.jpg

“Kyung was acting a bit weird.”

At first, I found Haru’s explanation strange, considering that standing DO up is exactly something you would expect BY to do; however, then I realized that Haru didn’t come because he thought BY wouldn’t show up but because he was afraid he would. He must have noticed all those strange questions and reactions from BY and suspected that BY might be gaining his self-awareness.

P5No29T.jpg

On a side note, I dig that they are watching Spiderman which is also a live-action adaptation of a comic, just like Extraordinary You.

M2KNY4R.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 4

6 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Imagine guys if Dan Oh and Baek Kyung were actually the main couple of this drama having to fight something like "a stage" were they hate each other while on shadow they like one another,imagine all the makjang and stuff going on while being forced to switch between those two...I confess i would totally watch an alternate drama with that plot for the fun:joy:

I agree, it could be a romantic comedy with various self-contradictions to understand the true feelings between the stage or the shadow

• Like 8

The latest episode almost confirmed the theory that Haru used to be a character from a previous historical webtoon and that he kept his personality traits in Secret. Furthermore, it appears that that some objects had been transferred as well - be it the antique ornament, flowers,… The comic “Flower” has that very same flower on its cover and now we can see its contents, including historical buildings and men with swords (that scar made me always think about Haru getting hurt after catching a sword or a dagger in his hand which is a trope you see often in sageuk); and one of the man is saying exactly the same line Haru told JMC. Did he already have the same identity issues in the previous comic or did his previous storyline include a birth secret?

tumblr_pzjknyVW6u1s8t96qo2_540.png

It’ll be interesting to learn who Haru used to be because you only have to look at him to realize he is a male lead material, something even Do Hwa noted when he first met him. Haru is tall and muscular, with insane physicality and reflexes. He saved DO several times, easily dodged the ball from BY, defeated BY in tennis and threw him into the swimming pool without any problems. On the other hand, he has amazing artistic talents which would suggest an educated warrior with noble blood, perhaps. 

tumblr_pzjknyVW6u1s8t96qo3_r2_540.pngtumblr_pzjknyVW6u1s8t96qo1_540.png

• Like 10
  • Insightful 4