[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

7 hours ago, Harry97 said:

I had zero expectations from mbc awards so this whole thing came off as a big surprise. I never expected to get so well-fed.

same, agree, when I saw theirs best couple nominees I didn't expect anything them :angry: at least they give drama award and we don't need couple award , everyone knows best couple :lol:  I am happy Rowoon won 3 awards this year finally everyone recognize him , I want from new year just SF9 first win I want to see while Rowoon weep for joy :bawling: and for Rowoon good new drama and partner:lol:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/kim-hye-yoon-rookie-actress-friend/

excerpt:

'I’m so proud of my friend, Hye Yoon.

During our 10 years together, she’s such a pride and precious friend as a fellow worker, friend, and a mentor. I really want to applaud you because I know just how hard you worked to chase your dream.

Your dream started off as a small interest but grew into a big goal. In order to pursue your dreams, you studied really hard to get good grades in school, and as I watched you research, practice, and learn, you were a good influence on me as we prepared to enter college.

When you liked something or wanted to be good something, you tried 100 times harder. You even made me like Harry Potter.

The handmade card you gave me while telling me you weren’t good at expressing your feelings of gratitude, and the earrings you gave me when I got my ears pierced. I was so thankful for your sincere gestures that I still have those things in a special box.

When I saw your first project, I half-jokingly asked you to give me an autograph, and that probably makes me the first person to ever receive an autograph from you.

After seeing your other projects, big or small, I said these footages would one day circulate when you become famous, and that’s exactly what’s happening right now.

You even worked part-time while going to school, and you didn’t even go on a trip abroad during your college years in order to wait for your next opportunity, and I think those efforts are finally starting to make you shine.

Even after eating lots of food at night, you went swimming and exercisign the morning after, and that impressed me so much that I reflected upon myself.

When I look at you, I learn and feel a lot! You’re a really admirable person and a good friend. A friend that just sees me for who I am regardless of what other people think.

Your honest and upright ways are naturally being portrayed in your works and interviews. I’ll always be that kind of friend to you, too.

I hope more and more people start recognizing you for the actress you are! You’re the best! That’s right, everyone. My friend is the best.

My friend received an award.'

– Kim Hye Yoon’s Friend

• Love 2

Netizen comments :

(+34,0) Congratulations for your Best New Actor awards! Thanks to Rowoon, I've been watching Extraordinary You. I will look forward to your future from now on.

(+18,0) Congratulations as Best New Actor! Please do a great job next year, Rowoon!

(+11,0) I'm nervous, but I don't know how good he talks.

(+8,0) Congratulations for the awards! I look forward to more activities next year.ᆢ

(+6,0) See you soon with better work next year.

(+1,0) 2019 means a lot more to me because I got to know Ro Woon. I will always support you no matter what path you take. Congratulations on the award.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jillia said:

I forgot who to tag. :D But I created a actor thread for Kim Hye Yoon. So if you would like to follow her and her future projects, please have a look here. :)

Oh my goodness you did it!!!! @Jillia THANK YOU SO SO MUCH for taking the time and effort to create one!!! :heart: She is my absolute favourite actress and I'm so happy she finally gets an actress thread on soompi. :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

SF9's Rowoon and Red Velvet's Joy will be on 'Happy Together

1577936305-20200101-happy.jpg

SF9's Rowoon and Red Velvet's Joy will be on 'Happy Together 4'.

They'll be filming the show on January 4th, along with veteran actress Bae Jong Ok, actress Kim Gyu Ri, and Sean. The recording is also actress Baek Jong Ok's first appearance on 'Happy Together' since 5 years ago in May 2015. 

Stay tuned for the airing date!

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/01/sf9s-rowoon-and-red-velvets-joy-will-be-on-happy-together

For a moment I got mini heart attack thinking they are dating :lol: More individual activities for Rowoon B)

• LOL 3

SF9’s Rowoon Talks About Receiving Best New Actor Award + Plans As Idol-Actor In 2020

SF9’s Rowoon shared thoughts and reactions to his latest acting achievement.

On December 30, the idol-actor attended the 2019 MBC Drama Awards and won Best New Actor along with co-star Lee Jae Wook for their performances in “Extraordinary You.”

In an interview with OSEN on January 1, Rowoon began, “I was so nervous that I forgot to mention my beloved parents [in my acceptance speech], who I respect and allowed me to be here today. I also feel really regretful that I didn’t mention my members who’ve been beside me, and my manager, staff members, and agency employees who worked hard for six months.”

He continued, “In the car on the way to the Drama Awards, my manager asked me, ‘What do you think it’ll be like?’ I didn’t have any expectations and didn’t prepare anything, so I wasn’t nervous and said that I would enjoy it. As soon as I received the award, my members contacted me to congratulate me. I left a message in our group chatroom as soon as the awards show ended.”

Rowoon was recognized for his portrayal of his character Ha Roo in “Extraordinary You” and his acting skills which shone as the story switched back and forth between a drama of present-day life and a sageuk (Korean historical drama). “It’s a project where I discovered a new kind of fun in acting,” said Rowoon. “And it’s a project that made me think of acting in a more precious way, so I don’t think I’ll be able to forget it for the rest of my life.”

Rowoon_1.jpg

“Extraordinary You” took home many honors at the MBC Drama Awards including Rowoon and Lee Jae Wook’s Best New Actor awards, Kim Hye Yoon‘s Excellence Award for an Actress in a Wednesday-Thursday Drama and Best New Actress award, and Viewers’ Choice for Drama of the Year. About this, Rowoon commented, “I think the award chosen by viewers is especially more meaningful, and I think that the [drama’s] unique concept and story were charming.”

The idol also won Best New Actor at the 2019 Grimae Awards and Male Idol-Actor award at the 2020 Korea First Brand Awards.

Rowoon will now shift gears to prepare for SF9’s comeback. The group is preparing to release their first full album “First Collection” and title track “Good Guy” on January 7. He concluded, “I first plan on focusing on SF9 promotions in 2020. Thanks to interest and love from many people, we’re gaining strength and working hard to prepare for it. If there’s a good character, I want to do it regardless of whether it’s a small or big role.”

Spoiler

• Like 4

large_e90be16488c5ef0cc52d1442046fccf973

SF9's Rowoon Revealed That He had Almost Decided Not to Appear in 'Extraordinary You'

Rowoon revealed his ambition for success.

On January 4th, SF9's Rowoon appeared on JTBC's 'Ask Us Anything' as a guest, along with his labelmate Chani, actress Kim Hyeyoon, Kim Kanghoon, and WJSN's Bona. During the quiz, Rowoon asked the cast members, "What is the thing that makes me think that I have to succeed?" The cast members gave various answers but they were failed to guess the right answer.

1578275695968-%EC%95%84%ED%98%950.JPG

Image Source: JTBC

Rowoon then gave a hint that the answer was related to his height. Kim Kanghoon gave a try, saying, "Because you are so tall that your head touches the ceiling in the airplane." The child actor got the correct answer. 

Rowoon recalled his hard time in the past by saying, "Whenever we go overseas, my back and knees hurt so much when we take the Economy class seats. That condition also affects when I go on stage. Once, I took the Business class seat and it was so comfortable. Since then, I have pledged to succeed."

Spoiler

1578275724316-%EC%95%84%ED%98%951.JPG

1578275736284-%EC%95%84%ED%98%952.JPG

1578275760267-%EC%95%84%ED%98%953.JPG

1578276545688-LawfulDisloyalDore-size_restricted.gif

He then revealed the behind story of him being in 'Extraordinary You.' He said, "Actually, I didn't want to appear on the drama because my role is the main character." At his words, Kim Heechul asked, "Is it because of the money?"

Surprised by his words, Rowoon explained, "No. Because I didn't think I could play the main role yet."

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/01/06/sf9-s-rowoon-surprised-everyone-by-saying-he-wasn-t-going-to-appear-in-extraordinary-you-at-first-319010

I hope they become famous soon. I cannot imagine anyone else playing sweet and gentle Haru. I understand his concern he was only 3 dramas old and he also he didn't have any significant role on those dramas. Moreover he is an idol. I think he did extremely well considering that he is not a trained actor and doesn't have much experience. Thanks to him I got to add another oppa on my list :wub: But what's with Heechul's comment :lol:

• Love 3