[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

@Jillia  Thanks so much for the streaming recap today.  We all appreciate your work and especially given the laggy connection issues you were experiencing.  Today's episodes sound like they are bit on the down side but we are not even at the halfway mark.  In fact, we won't be at the halfway mark until next week's episodes air.  Lot's of story to still see and I am sure more twists and turns.

I feel bad for Dan-O as she is coming to grips with the loss of not just someone who was helping her, but someone to whom she was actually growing close.

I am wondering now if it is possible for the "extras" to actually make other characters become self aware.  If this is true and they realize it, I wonder if they will start to make as many characters become self aware as possible so that they work together to truly change the story line.  This would be a very interesting twist since it would not be a comic fanbase that forced the change but the actual cartoon characters themselves.  That would be a very refreshing take on the story.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

someone in the youtube comment translated the preview! 

Danoh: (Haru is) got his awareness back, except his memories with me.
Haru: What actually I forgot?
Saemi: What's with that heart-broken expression?
Dohwa: In the end, we two got something from the author.
Kyung: In every scene with me, you were not the real you even just once?
Danoh: I think, if you werent there, I must have been so hard for me.
Kyung: You like me, right?
Danoh: (He's) the only one who remembers me when we were not in the stage.
Haru: You seem really like Kyung that much?
Danoh: I want to give a try to accept this world.
Someone: Don't they really suits each other?
Haru: It bothers me. Saemi: (Sorry I cant translate this)
Danoh: The destined story, will happens anyway. I will forget your past, when you are so mean. I want to get married.

Danoh resigning into the will of the writer....even tough she do not like Kyung that way.... But happy Haru want to knows the things he forgot!

• Like 8
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 3

Damn Secret writer! Where can I find you ?! Tell me where can I find that bastard? :rage:

Here there are no villains in the comic because the villain is the writer!!!

I hate him! I hate him with every fiber of my black heart.

This episode was insufferable. It was horrible to see Dan Oh all the time crying and feeling guilty about Ha Roo's disappearance then seeing this new Ha Roo and also seeing Baek Kyung suffer for the first time genuinely.

This writer besides writing terribly for his main characters is a complete fool with his extra characters.

Give me back my sweet Ha Roo again. I'm demanding it! :tears:

----------------------------

Besides, I found this mv today and I love it because I'm Nam Joo/Dan Oh shipper from minute one. (Sorry Ha Roo) I had first, second, third, fourth male syndrome here because Eun Dan Oh is a precious baby girl  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, larrysouth said:

@Jillia  Thanks so much for the streaming recap today.  We all appreciate your work and especially given the laggy connection issues you were experiencing.  Today's episodes sound like they are bit on the down side but we are not even at the halfway mark.  In fact, we won't be at the halfway mark until next week's episodes air.  Lot's of story to still see and I am sure more twits and turns.

I feel bad for Dan-O as she is coming to grips with the loss of not just someone who was helping her, but someone to whom she was actually growing close.

I agree the poor she suffers but according to the preview she will not make more effort , I would like to see HA RU fight for her:love:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It looks like Haru was in the past BK's guard that's why he protected him from getting hurt by the ball (in an earlier episode and in this episode). From my point of view, DO was in the other manhwa a princess and BK must have been her fiance. She met Haru who protected her once with his back. I have the impression that the story keeps repeating itself, although DO is now an extra and BK/Haru have even switched places. 

1. DO and HR : extras, while BK is a second lead

2. Now: HR second lead, while BK and DO extras 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 7

Lol I thought I was the only one who watched the stream with so much lags. .I actually lost my patience and closed my stream before the ending lolll :D

Thanks @Jillia for the recap!

From what I remember 1st part of the eps is mostly Da Oh searching for Haru and missing him. 2nd is the birth of new Haru but with lost memory, I missed a lot of part because of the lags, but I find it quite funny because he is now a baekyung follower lol. Honestly I'd pissed off if I were baekyung, he was annoyed by Haru before and now Haru is his follower, will following him eveywhere but Haru didnt even remember anything LOL, for the first time I feel really bad for baekyung!! :D

I actually quite bored with nam joo and juda story lol. They are so predictable and they still dont aware of themselves. Do hwa shouldve just stay out from their relationship and make his own story lol

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

Let's remember that somewhere inside is still our cutie Ha Ru. He just needs to become aware again. My heart simply hurts.:tears:

Absolutely correct.  Initially he came into the Secret comic with no memories but through quiet observation, contemplation and time spent with Dan-O, Ha Ru slowly but surely developed his feelings for Dan-O.  I think the one critical mistake that the secret writer made was failing to change the the guard personality of Ha Ru.  That guard personality instills strong protection tendencies that cause the Ha Ru that we love to develop in the comic.

Note that in general he has been very protective of both Dan-O and Baek Kyung.  Only one time has he struck BK and that was when he felt DO was being threatened.  He stopped BK from smashing the window with his arm, to keep BK from hurting himself.  Likewise, he has protected BK from getting hit by the basketball twice now.  When BK gets overly aggressive with DO, Ha Ru, normally only restrains BK but typically does not go further.

I think as long as Ha Ru has the guard personality, the secret writer can keep moving him into different extra roles or move him to other comics but he will naturally develop toward protecting and growing affection for Dan-O.  For lack of a better term, this was the way he was made.  Nothing can be done to change that.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

@cherryblossomkawai

It's basically dissing all the writers who tell the same clichés and stories over and over again. :lol:

I also wonder if the preview is trying to trick us. Because there was a blurry screenshot from the highlight reel in which Dan Oh hugs Ha Ru (?) and now I'm wondering if it's really Ha Ru in the preview?

hm, about the hug in the preview. I think it could be Ha ru for 2 reason. 1. DO never liked  that BK touched her body but did not seems to have problem letting Ha ru touch her body. 2. Ha ru neck is shorter than BK and it looks like ha ru neck :P  If find it funny that they did this a second time. First time was with the movie date. they sure knows how to tease us. -_-  my analyze can be wrong so take this with a grand of salt. 

I am glad Ha ru seems to soften up toward DO in the preview with that longing looks in his eyes and actively approaching her. I think his heart is starting to remember her :wub: 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Jillia said:

So I guess... there is a new OTP. LMAO :lol: I just can't... I mean this episode is heartbreaking but to see Kyung flabbergasted because of his new "BFF" is everything.

Credit: DC Gall

I know right?....

His face...especially that first time.

In the webtoon, Beak Kyung starts having fun when seeing Dan Oh having to utter those extremely cheesy lines...but I don't think that's going to happen here.

Regardless, it's nice to see them together. I think the theory was right, Haru must've been Beak Kyung's guard...the way he instinctively protects him kinda proves that...and how he has no problem in playing second fiddle to BK and Nam Joo (that stupid soccer match).

On another note, I feel bad for Do Hwa. He's blaming himself too much. It's not like he ever thought any of this would ever happen. And is it just me...or has Ju Da become 'aware' too? 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4