Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - Wed & Thu @ 20:55 KST

I think it was evident from get go that Haru came from that Joseon Manhwa Flower and Eun Dan Oh was there, possibly his love interest who died or something....So, Kyung is self aware and is trying to console Dan Oh in his smug "I don't care but here is your strawberry milk way" ......Boy he does like her

• Like 10

OMG! Haru is using that comic book to basically track and stalk Dan Oh, isn’t he?! The dress-up scene with SM clearly took place on the stage so Haru must have read the whole thing and rushed to the cinema because it’s obvious he is deliberately doing everything SM told Dan Oh to do with BY and more, enjoying every single second of it. He simply couldn’t bear if she did something like that with her “fiancé”. The boy isn’t as hapless and innocent as he originally seemed and I’m all for it.

cwpvmAG.jpg

“Kyung was acting a bit weird.”

At first, I found Haru’s explanation strange, considering that standing DO up is exactly something you would expect BY to do; however, then I realized that Haru didn’t come because he thought BY wouldn’t show up but because he was afraid he would. He must have noticed all those strange questions and reactions from BY and suspected that BY might be gaining his self-awareness.

P5No29T.jpg

On a side note, I dig that they are watching Spiderman which is also a live-action adaptation of a comic, just like Extraordinary You.

M2KNY4R.jpg

• Like 12
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 4

6 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Imagine guys if Dan Oh and Baek Kyung were actually the main couple of this drama having to fight something like "a stage" were they hate each other while on shadow they like one another,imagine all the makjang and stuff going on while being forced to switch between those two...I confess i would totally watch an alternate drama with that plot for the fun:joy:

I agree, it could be a romantic comedy with various self-contradictions to understand the true feelings between the stage or the shadow

• Like 9

The latest episode almost confirmed the theory that Haru used to be a character from a previous historical webtoon and that he kept his personality traits in Secret. Furthermore, it appears that that some objects had been transferred as well - be it the antique ornament, flowers,… The comic “Flower” has that very same flower on its cover and now we can see its contents, including historical buildings and men with swords (that scar made me always think about Haru getting hurt after catching a sword or a dagger in his hand which is a trope you see often in sageuk); and one of the man is saying exactly the same line Haru told JMC. Did he already have the same identity issues in the previous comic or did his previous storyline include a birth secret?

tumblr_pzjknyVW6u1s8t96qo2_540.png

It’ll be interesting to learn who Haru used to be because you only have to look at him to realize he is a male lead material, something even Do Hwa noted when he first met him. Haru is tall and muscular, with insane physicality and reflexes. He saved DO several times, easily dodged the ball from BY, defeated BY in tennis and threw him into the swimming pool without any problems. On the other hand, he has amazing artistic talents which would suggest an educated warrior with noble blood, perhaps. 

tumblr_pzjknyVW6u1s8t96qo3_r2_540.pngtumblr_pzjknyVW6u1s8t96qo1_540.png

• Like 12
  • Insightful 4

What comic flower? I came here to ask about a preview for the end of 12 because there wasn’t one in case anyone had a link and then I saw someone mention a historical comic flower: is it real, or was it mentioned in the show?

• Like 7

"Extraordinary You" made me come back to the group soompi. Wow this drama is very interesting (yesterday I lost a bit of interest in Korean dramas because I didn't find anything interesting to follow), this month is like the revival of Korean Drama because there are so many interesting dramas to follow.

Alright this drama makes my feelings separate. While watching the drama, Baek Kyung stole my focus. I understand people who hate Kyung, because on stage he is very rude to others and in his shadow he starts to waver with his identity. But let's understand Kyung's character which is actually very sad. Since childhood, Kyung has to be engaged with a sick girl, his father is very greedy, his stepmother is very cruel, his step sister likes his fiance, and her biological mother dies of illness. Maybe that's why he always ready to be an ambulance and nurse when Dan Oh was sick, because basically Kyung was afraid of being alone and no one loved him. But he doesn't have people who understand his conflict, so he makes Dan Oh his emotional place

But when I'm in this group, Dan Oh and Haru's relationship really stole my attention, with the possibility of them being connected to other comics. And dried squid that is not much noticed in the drama, actually holds a lot of code that can be read as a hint of the drama's storyline

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Jillia said:

Do Hwa deserves everything - don't fight me!:wub:

I agree but not that punch given by Namjoo to his lips.

But if he did not get that punch in the lips Haru would not have been jealous!

@leeminhosny Yes Haru swam like a mermaid! I loved that slowed down scene in the water!! I need to find a gif of him diving through the water. He was like a majestic being in underwater!!

Spoiler

little doubt. Was it Rowoon or a body double though?!!

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, tulip06 said:

What is the deal with dried squid? Is he the writer?

Here is the preview for 13-14 ep

Dried Squid/JinMichae was reading another manhwa named  Flower! I don't think he is the writer. JinMichae was in Flower manhwa.

The current manhwa being  enacted right now in the series is "Secret' Manhwa.

I did not read the manhwa's but based on my deductions I assume he is antagonistic towards Haru and want's the story of Danoh to unfold until her death. Maybe he wants to follow her to the next manhwa when she gets reincarnated in that one.

Hope this helped however brief it was.:D

--------------------------------------

Jealous Haru

Haru saves Danoh

• Like 13

I was wondering why Ha Ru is suddenly so shy and then so forward with Dan Oh. At first I thought it's because of a glitch/error in the comic - just like @Miky88 mentioned. Also Ha Ru in the beginning didn't even know how to speak because as an extra he had no face and no lines, so he never spoke but only existed. So when he started talking it was almost like a child talking. So when he got a nametag it was almost like he was able to be a real character who starts liking and disliking things - he dislikes when people touch him (except Dan Oh - with her he is just shy :lol:). Suddenly the girls in school noticed and chased him. He is doing so well in many things like writing (in Chinese characters), ancient music and painting. I wonder if that wouldn't mean is rather a noble man in the other drama than a bodyguard?

Or was the writer just all over the place in the manhwa with him?

I'm looking forward to why Ha Ru disappeared and definitely curious if Kyung has something to do with it. HOW did he find that manhwa though? Ugh.... so many questions!

On another note... jealous Ha Ru is everything. And Dan Oh and Do Hwa are so clueless. :lol:

tumblr_pzk2uskc0T1qeysf2o2_540.gifv

tumblr_pzk2uskc0T1qeysf2o1_540.gifv

tumblr_pzk2uskc0T1qeysf2o3_540.gifv

Spoiler

tumblr_pzk2uskc0T1qeysf2o4_540.gifv

Credit: moonlightsdream

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

sSvAdoQ.gif

vApPw3a.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

MBC drama insta admin shipping these two now

Papago trans says:Hah. Lu, the guardian angel of Baekgyeong. I'd like some poison. in a flutter

• Like 6
  • Love 2

It must be painful when Dan Oh is put on the stage. She can't do anything about it when the writer decides her it's "Baek Kyung Time". I had to laugh a bit when Dan Oh made that sarcastic comment. But also it must be painful for Ha Ru as well because he can't do anything either.

Also, very telling that as soon the stage is over Dan Oh just flees the scene. See what I did there. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

She sounded like she was saying Lee Taeri. Found out Lee Tae-ri previous name was Lee Minho before he legally changed it!

--

Also found out that BK being thrown into the pool was a similar scene in Heirs. I never watched that series coz I started knowing about kpop and kdrama until 2011!lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

@angelbeast90

Yes! I loved so hard. And I enjoyed how Lee Tae Ri aka Jinmichae played along with it. :lol:

On another note: I mean Baek Kyung is a jerk - no matter what - but Lee Jae Wook is definitely one handsome guy. Also I was curious that Kyung didn't mind at all that his step brother likes Dan Oh (HOW cute was that btw? Like if there wasn't Ha Ru I wouldn't mind them being fiancees rather than Kyung and Dan Oh).

tumblr_pzjpmfKQ0M1y9jcimo4_r4_400.gifvtumblr_pzjpmfKQ0M1y9jcimo5_r4_400.gifv

Spoiler

tumblr_pzjpmfKQ0M1y9jcimo1_r2_400.gifvtumblr_pzjpmfKQ0M1y9jcimo3_r4_400.gifv

Credit: werewolfchannie

• Like 9