[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - MBC 2019 Drama of the Year

I was expecting them to win Best New Actors and Best Couple award but Best Drama DAESANG I can't believe a school fantasy drama got such an honour. Now I don't even care that they didn't win Best Couple they have Daesang with them. They are just starting their career but they already have Daesang under their belt. I am so proud of them. Because of its low ratings I always thought Koreans are not really fond EY but thankfully I was wrong :D

• Like 3
  • Love 4

@Jillia Totally!! Her speech man she is so precious. I think I will stan her for life. She so talented she deserves all the love and support.:heart:

Well I am so glad to see them not being awkward and hope their friendship stays like this forever. You need good friends to cheer you on in this competitive industry

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Yayy! Thank you all for posting updates! 

I too did not expect EY to win Drama of the Year! T.T I am very happy because I love this drama so much I'm glad it's being recognized as well. And congrats to all our kiddos who were nominated and awarded. This was their year and I can't wait to see what's their next projects.

Therefore, I HOPE and WISH SF9 will get their first win. I have a feeling that RW will def be sad that his hard work with SF9 won't be recognized too. Cross my fingers that we will see SF9's first win this in the next 2 weeks. ><

With that being said, how or who chose the winner for Daesung? Is it like the Oscars? A committee? Or is it like a percentage from staff/professionals/audiences/fans?

• Like 4
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, egv said:

With that being said, how or who chose the winner for Daesung? Is it like the Oscars? A committee? Or is it like a percentage from staff/professionals/audiences/fans?

I think for Daesang it's the critics/organisers who choose the winner and as for the best drama award tonight it was based on viewers choice (Fan votes) 

• Like 5

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

Seems like KHY really wasn't expecting to win Excellent Award that's why she didn't even prepare her speech :lol: So cute. 2019 was an amazing year for KHY. B)

Am I the only one who was bit embarrassed for A3-Namjoo+Haru :ph34r: When that signature music started playing and they started giving flowers to girls it reminded me of their walk :lol: But its fine at least MBC was giving them the spotlight or more like they were compensating for nominating LJW-KHY-RW for Couple Award. Maybe they deliberately did this they must have guessed that EY is going to get most of the important awards so intentionally didn't nominate DanHaru in order to not give them almost all of the awards. After all they have to keep other fans happy too. But still my DanHaru heart :tears:

2b9a030d48cb6268059be322d74d46ecedd2ab3e

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I had zero expectations from mbc awards so this whole thing came off as a big surprise. I never expected to get so well-fed. We got to see the ljw-rowoon bromance that was absent in the portrayal of Kyung and haru in the drama and also few uwu moments between the khy and rowoon who were being awkward after the wrap up due to fear of some obsessive crazy fans. Also relived the A3 cringey walk. I really missed Nam Joo there. Lol Haru ended up changing the stage here too:D. Lol that reminds me  someone on Twitter said only self aware characters were present at the awards so that's probably the reason why young dae gave it a miss:sweatingbullets:.

Once again congratulations to the whole extraordinary you team.:wub: I would personally like to award them with Best cast ever for a drama in 2019 :heart:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Harry97 said:

I had zero expectations from mbc awards so this whole thing came off as a big surprise. I never expected to get so well-fed. We got to see the ljw-rowoon bromance that was absent in the portrayal of Kyung and haru in the drama and also few uwu moments between the khy and rowoon who were being awkward after the wrap up due to fear of some obsessive crazy fans. Also relived the A3 cringey walk. I really missed Nam Joo there. Lol Haru ended up changing the stage here too:D. Lol that reminds me  someone on Twitter said only self aware characters were present at the awards so that's probably the reason why young dae gave it a miss:sweatingbullets:.

Once again congratulations to the whole extraordinary you team.:wub: I would personally like to award them with Best cast ever for a drama in 2019 :heart:

Same here! I also came in with low expectations for the MBC drama awards, considering how much they disappointed us with putting a love triangle for best couple. I literally stayed up ALL night to watch this since from where I live, the awards happened while we're supposed to be sleeping. And wow was that worth it! :love:

Here's a summary of all the awards our Ex-You babies grabbed that night!!

Best New "Rookie" Actress: Kim Hye Yoon

Excellence Award for Actress in Wed-Thurs Drama: Kim Hye Yoon

Best New "Rookie" Actor: Rowoon

Best New "Rookie" Actor: Lee Jae Wook

Viewer's Choice for Drama of the Year: Extraordinary You

That's 5 freaking awards!!! I'm so proud of our lovely Ex-You cast, they all worked so hard and it's so satisfying to see these young talents getting recognized in the industry. Even though we didn't get the Best Couple award, honestly this is already such a great outcome. I cried so much watching their award speeches and the joy on their faces when they got picked. :bawling:

There were so many special and endearing moments from the MBC awards: 

• Hye Yoon's stylist really gave her justice this time!! Long hair AND a lovely dress that emphasizes her figure?!?! We're being spoiled here!! I couldn't take my eyes off of her, our mamel looked so beautiful last night, and it's not just because her dress was sparkling! :wub: 
  • When the cast was taking pictures, Rowoon was right behind Hye Yoon. He was being a gentleman as usual and kept staring at the hem of her dress to make EXTRA care not to step on it! He's so thoughtful and sweet ahhhh~ 
  • Lee Jae Wook fixing Rowoon's bowtie for him! What an iconic bromance moment between our HaruBaek couple :D
  • The fact that Rowoon and Hye Yoon SAT TOGETHER OMGGGG :w00t::w00t:
  • Rowoon teasing Hye Yoon after her montage was played. The montage featured her in previous dramas and they both laughed. Rowoon even imitated her ":vicx: mouth zipped" action! 
  • Rowoon giving Hye Yoon an awkward "let-me-hug-you-but-let's-do-it-sideways-so-as-to-not-appear-too-close" congratulatory hug! My babies were so shy but no matter how much they try to maintain a distance, they can't hide their closeness!!! :wub:
  • Hye Yoon's cute giggle during Rowoon's speech (because he was adorably nervous), and then when she realized her reaction was being filmed she tried to keep a straight face but failing miserably :lol::lol:
  • Rowoon standing up and giving Hye Yoon's shoulders a squeeze (because mamel is just so squishy and squeezable ya know?!) and clapping NONSTOP after her Excellence Award was announced!!! Like seriously, he kept clapping even after everyone else stopped, it's like he was in a trance because he was just THAT IMMERSED IN HIS PROUD BOYFRIEND ROLE. And then, omg, his heart eyes and expressions when Hye Yoon was making the speech. She didn't even dream of winning this one so she was so flustered on the stage, and Rowoon looked on and this is when I realized that he absolutely ADORES her. He smiled and laughed watching her speech because Hye Yoon was so humble and so freaking cute up there, you can tell she was so surprised she got this award!!! Rowoon looked so proud it actually shocked me, he didn't hide his reaction at all! :wub::wub::wub:
  • When Hye Yoon came back from her speech, Rowoon clapped again for her and gave her a thumbs up!
  • When the Best Drama of the Year award was announced, Rowoon let Hye Yoon go in front of him and he followed closely behind her, making sure to not step on her dress. I wonder if he wanted to enjoy her lovely back view ;);)
  • Hye Yoon and Na Eun laughing as Rowoon was called to speak by the director during their Best Drama award, and he was super shy and ran away! :lol::lol:
  • Hye Yoon trying to get Rowoon's attention and then taking off a piece of confetti off his hair!! :wub:
  • Rowoon taking a selfie with the Ex-You cast and director!
  • And last but not least, the fact that our DanHaru didn't win the Best Couple award just gives me hope that they'll one day reunite in another drama. This just means that in the future, they'll have another opportunity to win this award (and next time, not as a love triangle ok?) and it'll be 1000000x sweeter and more satisfying!!!! -_-:rolleyes::rolleyes: 

Sorry that was a lot of text, but seriously last night was just THAT special. The whole Ex-You cast had so much fun and looked really relaxed and comfortable. I'm so happy for them that they were able to reunite on such a memorable stage. Last night was literally PERFECT. I'm sure they'll all reminisce and look back upon this night and this project, and it'll forever remain as a beautiful and irreplaceable memory for them. :heart: I hope they'll all continue to be the best of friends for a very very long time. 

Ok, now I'm going to rewatch Extraordinary You and all the "making/bts" videos again.  :blush:

• Like 2
  • Love 9