[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

On 12/2/2019 at 5:18 PM, Jillia said:

Sorry for the late reply. But just wanted to say I'm glad you enjoyed the drama as well. It's a bit sad you couldn't watch it while it aired and join the discussion here. But you still can talk about it if you have withdrawal syndrome. :D

I’m still in the flailing stage lol. Just this OTP is so cute, sweet, and epic. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jillia said:

Yes, I agree. Also I think that maybe the writer really wasn't able to let go of Dan Oh and Kyung as leads from "Trumpet Creeper". She/He tried to fix them by erasing Ha Ru from the equation but failed miserably since Ha Ru was able to enter "Secret" as well.

But I definitely agree that Nam Joo and Joo Da were like the too good couple. And since Nam Joo was very happy in his setup - despite his terrible mother - he had no reason to become aware.

I also read somewhere that people were kind of sad that the plot didn't go so far to bring in Nam Joo's secret from the webtoon or making Joo Da really evil. But I think with 16 episodes you can only do that much and I think it would've made things to complicated to resolve in those episodes. So I'm glad we got fierce shadow Joo Da. Although I didn't need the whole Nam Joo isn't chairman's son secret to come out. But it was there to fullfill the cheesy manhwa plot. :lol:

I think they didn't make Nam Joo self aware because he won't have much to offer to the story anyway. I thought when Haru changed Dan Oh's medical reports with Joo Da's grandma her grandma would die in place of Dan Oh and she would go into revenge mode. But of course 2 episodes are not enough for this track. If they had made Joo Da self aware earlier then her relationship with Dowha and her dark/cool side could have been shown properly. Baek Kyung and Joo Da were the most underutilized characters of EY. 

I didn't mind that plot twist much. After all the manwha's name is "Secret" and if not even a single main character has any secret it would have been weirder. Though his secret was not shocking or unpredictable at all :lol:

• Like 1

Spoiler

As expected, SF9 Rowoon win Best New Actor at 2019 Grimae Awards with his drama 'Extraordinary You'

Capture.PNG

Netizen comments :

(+77,0) Rowoon, congratulations on your rookie of the year award. You're going to be more successful.

(+56,0) Rowoon, congratulations!! What you've been doing now will be the light!!

(+42,0) I can't believe this, Congratulations Rowoon!

(+36,0) Let's just walk down on the flower path from now on! 2020 is the year of sf9.

(+33,0) Congratulations Rowoon!

(+12,0) Rowoon, congratulations on your first rookie award. I will support all of your dreams from now on. I love you. Thank you, this is my actor

• Like 5

SF9 ‘s RoWoon received his first award for acting.

On Dec. 5, RoWoon received the Best New Actor Award for his role in “Extraordinary You” at the Grimae Awards.

He stole the hearts of the viewers with his solid acting and hard-work in acting the character of HaRu. In the drama, RoWoon delivered various expressions and emotions flawlessly and was praised for his acting.

Rowoon, Rowoon sf9, Rowoon award, Rowoon grimae, Rowoon best new actor, Rowoon ceremony, Rowoon haru. Rowoon first, Rowoon extraordinary youHe said: “It’s my first time at such an award ceremony, so I feel sorry that I can’t say what I prepared and properly thank. It is a real honor to receive the Best New Actor Award as an actor for the first time. I am able to stand here thanks to the director, staff and fellow actors who helped me reduce the anxiety I had when the drama’s filming started. Also, instead of me doing a good job in the drama, I think that I am receiving the award on the behalf of all the staff who created “Extraordinary You”. Also, thank you very much to the writers who created the character with charms and to the viewers who loved the drama.”

Rowoon, Rowoon sf9, Rowoon award, Rowoon grimae, Rowoon best new actor, Rowoon ceremony, Rowoon haru. Rowoon first, Rowoon extraordinary you

He added: “I think I am receiving this award thanks to the fans who always cheer for me as SF9’s RoWoon and as actor RoWoon. Thank you to my parents who gave birth to me and raised me. I will remember all the love sent by many. I will always stay humble and seriously continue acting. I will try my best to show you a better image of me and become a hardworking person.”

Spoiler

Rowoon, Rowoon sf9, Rowoon award, Rowoon grimae, Rowoon best new actor, Rowoon ceremony, Rowoon haru. Rowoon first, Rowoon extraordinary you

After the ceremony, on his Instagram and SF9 Twitter, he thanked fans one more time and promised to work harder along with cute pictures of him posing with the award.

RoWoon first acted in the web drama “Click Your Heart” produced by FNC when SF9 debuted. After that, he kept on improving his acting skills and got supporting roles in “School 2017” (2017), “About Time” (2018), and “Where Stars Land” (2018). He finally gained recognition for his acting with the popular drama “Extraordinary You”.

Many are looking forward to SF9’s next activities as well as RoWoon’s next acting project.

Congratulations RoWoon!

Spoiler

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 4

002f202aeeda5a46ca414c2aab7766e05a322cec

8b95b9a0ee417e85ee26c8b8ccd511fd6c6eff97
c62571d25383909244bacac1058331483423b3b2

Spoiler

4a54d7b62d1e4462874379bc7214aa8bba5f3bae

0e6d74df45d8bda291359e0ae121d4f986a05862

6c0da6b56adfd3eed60bd070b2071978bd4ecf48843afc0830f90e4bfe4422a44425f506b63ae2de

8ecaf18671acf9e73a53d92bc06f252aba0a658d

Credit : nexttimeisnotthesame

Haru's face :bawling:

Can we get another saeguk manwha where Dan Oh and Haru are an ambitious and scheming but lovey-dovey Royal couple who eventually gets their happy ending and lives happily together for a long time? Or maybe not because they are two little cutiepies :unsure::wub:

I seriously need some fanfics to get over them. I wish I was creative enough. I am relying on the talented fandom now :lol:

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 7

@Jillia I think Kim Hye Yoon will do really well in historical dramas/movies. Her tone and accent was on point. 

The worst part of that scene was both Baek Kyung and we knew that he wasn't able to find the real him until the end. 

I don't think DanHaru will ever have any communication problem. They understand each other even without saying anything :wub: But of course our gentleman Haru doesn't assume things and make decisions on his own instead he asks her or at least try to know her feelings before doing anything.

Stan Haru

Stan Happiness

:love:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

In the middle of night, I suddenly thinking about something. The ending scene!

I'm sure there is a better option for that. It gives more impact if it included a narration on it. Like; I'll definitely find you, whatever the worlds you live in, wherever the space you existing.

With a sunset, in a meadow, after class, laughing of each other, lying on the grass. How happy they are become nameless extras just like people around them! (It could answered Dan Oh question in episode 16 or 8? too)

If it's like that, I'm sure I will not wondering their life now :(

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jillia said:

So you're still unsure about the ending? :)

Hahahaha I know the scriptwriter want to tell us that they live a happy life now, sure it's actual meaning of the ending scene but somehow I can't imagining, how? There are some situations left that prevent them from have a proper life. Oh forget it, not every question should be answered.

Actually, for me, it's quite hard to make sure about something without a real 'evidence'. I'm laughing at this part. I just can't imagining lol.

The start of this feeling is, when I knew that the word 'bogosipeosseo' is actually an adlib from Ro Woon and Hye Yoon. The director offered them to add a line for ending scene and finally they choose that word. So what's written on script actually? Are the scriptwriters really care about them by not adding any single line for it?

Ah for the gif set @Jillia, yes it's from the intro!

• Like 5

GUYS you have to watch this FMV!!! I happened upon this work of art by accident and omg all the feels came back. The song is so beautiful and it suits the tragic love story of Trumpet Creeper DanHaru so much! The editing and timing of the music/scene is just so perfect. I am literally crying buckets... so please watch this and cry with me!!! :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: 

The creator is 마즈티비 and everything is in Korean. I literally would not have found this video if not for the fact that I have so much Ex-You/Dan-Haru recommendations on my dash LOL. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9deqRJn0As

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4