[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

D-3 for D-cut preorder

I am sucker for their height difference. :wub:

You hear MBC. You better don't rob them of their awards. They deserve it all

Spoiler

LOL HyeHoon is funny 

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

@taskdramafanatic, that video showing Danoh and Haru’s love story through time was simply superb. :wub: Many thanks for sharing.

@Jillia, that parallel gif with Haru talking to unaware Danoh at her desk reminded me how much Haru was fighting back tears. Did you guys notice it? It was so subtle. The tears and emotion in his eyes. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, taskdramafanatic said:

the most precious edit ever, its so beautiful and i loved that it was from haru's perspective.

Okay I have watched this on repeat 5 times already and I can't believe DanHaru still successfully manages to make me tear up. They are so perfect and beautiful:wub: I will miss them a lot. I hope we get a season 2. Okay, I know I'm being greedy now. When I said I will re watch this drama in future I didn't expect I would start this soon usually when I like a drama too much I saturate myself with it's content so that I get tired of it and can finally move on. Very few dramas have this effect on me extraordinary you being one of them. I'm on 10th episode and it's still giving me the same feels. I think it will take some time to move on luckily we have fan meet to look forward to. I really thought wrap up party would be the last time we will see the cast together but we are really being fed well post drama. Thanks MBC for giving us the best Kdrama of the year not all may feel the same well at least for me it is.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Yeah I noticed. Also, the way his voice is shaky. Anyone saying Rowoon isn't a good actor, can leave the room right through the door called "nonsense". :lol:

ITA. There is another scene like it....when he was waiting for and missing Danoh those weeks she was hospitalized and he couldn’t go to her because the writer kept blocking him. He was sitting at the window in the empty classroom and it looked like late afternoon and he was looking up at the sky and the tears and sadness in his eyes made a beautifully poignant shot. 

I think Rowoon can act. He’s young and will continue to grow and improve and I hope to see him in a good future project. I think people need to realize that an actor must be true to the role that she/he is playing. Haru’s character started like an innocent blank slate and we watched as he grew into himself in a new world where obviously he didn’t belong since he had no home and no one else besides Danoh. I think Rowoon captured this character well. Someone posted that Rowoon said Haru is innocent and I think that’s what I got from the drama series for both Secret and Trumpet Creeper.

People tend to notice acting more when the character engages in “extreme” emotions. For example, I’m sure most people associate Dark Knight with Heath Ledger but I personally think Christian Bale is a superb consummate actor and is in my opinion the better actor career wise. However, Christian Bale’s Batman would of course be overshadowed by a cray-cray character like Joker and added to that Heath Ledger did a splendid job. In When the Camellia Blooms the character and actor that left the strongest impression on me is the male lead because he was so quirky and unlike the regular norm for a male lead. Yet there were solid actors in that drama series who played their role as their characters should be.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Yeah I noticed. Also, the way his voice is shaky. Anyone saying Rowoon isn't a good actor, can leave the room right through the door called "nonsense". :lol:

If someone hadn't told me that Rowoon is an idol then I would have kept thinking that he is a rookie actor. He actually seemed like a rookie. His acting never felt awkward not even in the beginning. Moreover he also had to play two types of role, cold Haru and sweet Haru and I think he was good enough to convince me considering that it was his first lead role and and I don't think he had much screentime in his previous dramas. I wouldn't say that he is great but he is definitely a good actor. He has potential so if he keeps learning he is going to have a bright future. For some reason I think emotional acting is his strength. Whenever he cried my heart became heavy. I think one of the reason for his acting criticism is that he is an idol. People usually have this prejudice that handsome and pretty idols cannot act. Though there are several idols nowadays who are better then even full time actors. I think it will take some time but if he keeps doing a good job then people will eventually praise him too. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I don't like idol actors too generally but I think male idols are more succesful in acting I don't like girl idols's acting only I like Eunji (in Reply) but sometimes there is injustice in industry , people don't praise a idol as rookie actor as eventhough idol's acting is good , because of just title his name "idol" I don't think that most of rookie actor's acting is good, also idols struggle theirs idol life and I was so sad for Rowoon, you see, he went concert and he return shooting without sleeping , and Jaejoon said Rowoon slept 2 hours in a day, but everyone don't know this struggle , they criticize easily, shooting ended but he still didn't rest, (even a day ) so KHY said she wanted to go trip with them I laughed her dream :lol: what trip? If only he just rest a day ,

Spoiler

same thing was to Chani after sky castle , all cast went vacation award but he didn't go and didn't rest a day prepared for comeback 

next day Rowoon went concert and still didn't return to Korea, all cast's interviews , magazine shooting air but we still didn't read Rowoon's interview , KHY said to Rowoon "he is a type of person who tries twice or three times more than others and make it perfect." really he worked hard for Haru and at least he is recognized and I hope they are awarded rookie and best couple award 

my english isn't good I hope you can understand 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

You don't know how happy and excited I am! I know they said they'll make another heart at the wrap up party but they did it on the last day of filming and that makes my heart so full. <33

• Like 5

BLACKPINK’s Jisoo Ranks #1 As Idol Who Best Fits “Extraordinary You” Lead Role

Netizens want her to act more.

KUpn9Jcctpt7Fv7DXmVcSQ3_srVSDNRy8AZTh2G7

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/blackpink-jisoo-number-one-idol-extraordinary-lead-role/

I am not hating on her or anything but I can't imagine anyone else other than Kim Hye Yoon as Eun Dan Oh. KHY basically carried the whole drama in the first half. Only an experienced and talented actress is suitable for this spunky role otherwise it would have turned out to be cringy.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2