Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - Wed & Thu @ 20:55 KST

@bebebisous33

I know this drama isn't long enough and it's focused on the young cast. But I really can't imagine that the adults - at least one of them - isn't aware. I think there is so much that could be explored in this world. But not enough time left for that. But I think Dan Oh's father would do anything to change her fate. But also it was so sweet when they swore they would meet in the next life again. :bawling:

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Basically the manhwa writer writing a big parody on all the tropes and clichés, making us think he/she is completey unoriginal but in the end it's all his/her plot.

Hahahahah... I think the manhwa writer is the subject of the parody of the drama writer! (I haven't read the actual manhwa so don't know how it works there). 

While the idea that the manhwa writer is controlling the shadow is really interesting, it--I feel--over complicates the drama because we have no other knowledge of the writer in the drama (which I'm pleased about because I like when dramas have a strong core of not too many characters). I do like the idea that the writer's set ups influence the shadow though--as if they cannot really get rid of their fundamental set up:

DO-- to live and change her fate (dying in Secret; being used as a pawn in TF)

Haru-- to go from being invisible(he is meant to be a shadow guard) to protecting DO 

BK-- to use DO for his own selfish needs and only begin to care when his toy is taken away

Squid-- to feel powerless against the world / know he is a puppet

DH-- to love the girl and never be able to express it except in the shadows

JD-- to struggle against her powerless set up and only be able to stand up for herself in the shadows

The writer (drama not manhwa) is being soooo freaking clever with these characters though. Even on the stage DO knows that her illness is what prevents her character from being totally happy. Haru knows stage and shadow that he can change the world but that his actions have serious consequences. etc etc...

@bebebisous33 YES!

• Like 13

@briseis

giphy.gif

@tinymel

I mean in the end it's so much more fun that the drama writer is actually making fun of the manhwa writer. Like I'm here for it. Just plot-wise it would be a nice/interesting twist. :D But yes, there is definitely not enough time for that. Plus I like to see EY as a parody of all the bad writing in kdramaland. 

original.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 3

Another scene that needs some loves and appreciation. It's the moment when the extra squad is back! Getting new storyboard and start planning their next riot. I love how HR moves away DH's hands from DO's and put his instead before they do high five together. Such a jealous HR is so cute. :wub:

• Like 8
  • Love 3

@bebebisous33 Yes! Danoh must be a prophet coz she sees the storyboard! Also now I understand why the writer will feel sorry towards Danoh: a spoiler I read from this thread said writer feels Danoh should have a better story or something , along those lines.

EDIT: Happy 100th page!!

Waiting for Wednesday again!!!c8990018bba88b58e8ba8b939b1e32ca86e43a7b.gifvcredit

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

@bebebisous33 Yes! Danoh must be a prophet coz she sees the storyboard! Also now I understand why the writer will feel sorry towards Danoh: a spoiler I read from this thread said writer feels Danoh should have a better story or something , along those lines.

If someone deserves not to have terminally disease setup it's Dan Oh. :D 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

hmm if haru and dan oh fell inlove in the shadows in trumpet creeper then how does kyung know about it? so even tc kyung was self aware since he was able to pinpoint that haru likes dan oh during that time which stopped haru from moving during the flashback 

it makes me wonder whether it was kyung who attempted to change the stage in trumpet creeper hence bringing the tragedy since he was able to understand how the changing of stage works, like he changed something up to make haru suffer 

• Like 12

@nimon

Good point! I believe he will become aware as well at some point, maybe also because Ha Ru is trying to change things in "Trumpet Creeper"? He did stop Kyung for example by holding him back. So this will most likely lead to Kyung becoming aware. Just like it did in "Secret".

• Like 7

I rewatched the first four episodes last night and with more knowledge of the story and characters now, I can appreciate the importance of some things I missed on first viewing. 

For instance, during the scene on the stairs where Haru first changed Danoh’s stage, since she was supposed to break her leg (can the writer stop being cruel to Danoh), I noticed that even though Danoh didn’t seem to see Haru’s face while he was descending the stairs pass her, her heart immediately started beating fast setting off her heart monitor. (The blinding light that accompanied his descent makes me think she really didn’t see his face) However, since her rapid heart beat set off her heart monitor, she becomes cognizant of him and turns to look at his descending back and began to follow him down the stairs as though mesmerized/unconsciously drawn to him and the stage continues in a different sequence but ultimately end with Danoh still getting knocked down the stairs by Juda but this time Haru is there to break her fall by her landing on his back. 

Although Haru cannot see the future, the scene gave me the impression that he was unconsciously there to protect Danoh. It’s further reinforced later when Danoh was playing dodgeball (in order to find her mystery guy) and sure enough he emerges to protect her like she planned. I like that although Haru only starts becoming a “living” character around the field trip story arc, he was drawing Danoh and protecting Danoh even before they started interacting. It makes me appreciate the connection between their Trumpet Creeper incarnation and Secret because obviously Haru was drawn to Danoh in Secret even before she found him and began to build a relationship with him in Secret. No wonder he thinks of her as his beginning which can arguably be traced back to his love for her in Trumpet Creeper.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 4

@celebrianna

Yes, I liked it a lot. When we got Ha Ru's point of view and we found out even before that he is already aware, even before Dan Oh became aware, I thought it was interesting that somehow he decided to interfere in the stairways scene. So it was either because he read the manhwa and knew it would happen OR - and since we know he is Dan Oh's protector - it was a natural reaction to stop Dan Oh from falling down the stairs and eventually breaking her leg.

But then even though it might've been his protective role which lead to him interfering, I actually think it was a conscious decision to change the stage. Because in Dan Oh's vision, she doesn't see a boy aka Ha Ru passing by her. So, I really think he did read the manhwa and maybe this stage was already drawn, so he knew it would happen.

Stairs01.gif

Stairs02.gif

Stairs03.gif

Spoiler

Stairs04.gif

Stairs05.gif

Stairs06.gif

Stairs07.gif

Also, I adore those little moments Ha Ru saw her before, e.g. in the library and in art class. :wub: But also there was one moment I adore the most and it also happened in the library - before the stairways scene. Dan Oh has been reading books and is carrying a tower of books (the pile is literally half her size :lol:) back to shelves. Two students collide with her and a couple books drop to the floor. Ha Ru picks them up and puts them back. Dan Oh notices the scar and looks after him. It was not the first time for him to have seen her and probably to interact with her but it was her first time consciously noticing Ha Ru - even without a face. :D Plus I'm sure Ha Ru took this as a chance to actually interact with her again.

Spoiler

Library.gif

I can't seem to post the gifs properly, so you can only open them by clicking on the link. *sigh* The struggle! :lol:And now it works... what? LMAO

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

@Jillia, yes I definitely remembered the scene in the library where some of her books fell over and he retrieved them for her and she noticed the scar on his hand. The reason why I thought Haru was “unconsciously” drawn to Danoh and wanted to protect her is because they hadn’t really interacted much. However, in a later episode when she wanted him to intervene when she was forced by the stage to go into the sea water to find the item that Kyung flung into the water, Haru just watched and didn’t intervene or attempt to intervene like she had requested of him. During that time Haru behaved almost like he was an alien in their world. However, I do need to rewatch that episode that shows Haru’s point of view to understand his introductory experience in Secret better. 

• Like 8

Apart from Naver, does anyone know where else I can read the untranslated/raw copy of the webtoon?

I love reading everyone’s thoughts after the recent episodes! Apparently, Rowoon was seen filming at the hospital today. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

@celebrianna

Yes, to me, Ha Ru in the early episodes was like a child. Just like when he heard his own voice for the first time. When we found out about that I understood why in the beginning his speech pattern was somewhat weird. He was basically born into this world. Like a manhwa/comic character if he/she doesn't get any childhood scenes, they're basically drawn as adults or teenagers. It's like skipping the important part of growing up. So he comes into this world and when Dan Oh actually notices him as well, he doesn't dare to speak to her because in the past when he did she would just not even notice him because of her setup and unawareness. And then when he starts speaking to her, he must get used to actually use words. Which is so sweet!

@dairymilks

Unfortunately I don't know where else you can read it. Maybe somebody else can help. Maybe @Peach? :D

• Like 10

I found something weird after rewatching episode 1.

Spoiler

at episode 1, Dan Oh started to aware of herself, hear the click page sound, and "teleport" things.

She always talked to Sae Mi and Do Hwa brother about this (at shadow of course).

But why she can said this things to Baek Kyung when she actually in stage and not shadow? Dan Oh at stage that we thought, of course not have that "symptoms" and just have heart disease right? did i miss something? is it a spoiler about how to control yourself at stage? or just just a little mistake from drama?

3yJyl7z.png

FjJYmY4.png

kNmosVE.png

8BO8j9P.png

I want to said about this too, this is different topic from above tho. At episode 23-24. Haru remember about Dan Oh that said don't wanna to marry Baek Kyung scene (at goryeo arc), and then after that he is wake up, and the teacher say this things:

FfeQBsy.png

o8vHVJp.png

are these spoiler too? maybe about the scene when Dan Oh killed?

• Like 10

@renjunnie

I noticed what the teacher said as well and posted about it in the previous page or even a couples pages ago. We can't be sure whether it's foreshadowing or not but when it comes to the drama writer nothing happens without reason.

As for the other scene:

Spoiler

Maybe this is a hint that the writer (manhwa writer) has more control over the plot than we think OR it's really a mistake in the drama itself OR even though Dan Oh became aware she is still doubting herself and it bleeds into her on stage character as well - like the writer implements this as a line in connection to her heart disease. But I can tell it's the almost the same line as in "Trumpet Creeper" because Dan Oh and Ha Ru talk about memory loss and not being able to move and so on.

• Like 5

I love that Dan Oh and Ha Ru are in "Trumpet Creeper" and they're very similar to their personalities in "Secret" but at the same so different and that they behave very differently because they're in a sageuk manhwa and it's a different era. Plus both are from different social classes, so of course Ha Ru wouldn't dare to hope to have any chance with Dan Oh, even in the shadow.:wub:

c70d415fa20dc98ad95c98a34246b6fb6e3c270dd9bc72112d1644e5378f33593af1cad8e6e5d080

Spoiler

06fbeda3de286917097c867d29d651fc73953a1bd578420fffadc2fed2f3767fe254555827791708

bfb86d912c13167d125c20dc0f480a06691deb9b7b1b6be5c5010ce46e2166d44d69de90add16b30

9167f29106e8810f8097bc5d4e6387f1139387971df0ac28f56631a6fc643b4cf3fc8ce41c43909f

efb0eb651e75d20061f43599e64bd56e8667776509c6cbd49eefa8cebca8babc0e7e402e1568ca16

Credit: okashiratsuki

• Like 7
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, dairymilks said:

Apart from Naver, does anyone know where else I can read the untranslated/raw copy of the webtoon?

I love reading everyone’s thoughts after the recent episodes! Apparently, Rowoon was seen filming at the hospital today. 

Hello everyone. This is the first time I'm posting on this thread. I'm totally enjoying reading all your theories makes the wait for the next episodes much easier. 

Also in the stills above is that doctor's coat haru is holding? If so what could be the reason? Another attempt to change the stage ?:open_mouth:

• Like 6