[Drama 2019] Joseon Survival, 조선생존기

larus

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Song Won Seok And Park Se Wan Confirmed To Join Kang Ji Hwan And Kyung Soo Jin In Upcoming Drama

Apr 18, 2019
by Y. Kim

TV Chosun’s upcoming drama “Joseon Survival” (literal title) now has the full lead cast set!

Song Won Seok and Park Se Wan are confirmed to be featuring in “Joseon Survival,” alongside Kang Ji Hwanand Kyung Soo Jin, who had previously been confirmedto star in the drama.

Song Won Seok previously starred in the drama “My Only One” and Park Se Wan is a rookie actress who has starred in the movies “Omok Girl” (literal title) and “Dance Sports Girls” (literal title), as well as the drama “Marry Me Now.”

“Joseon Survival” is a time-slip drama about Han Jung Rok, a former national archer and current deliveryman from 2019. He ends up traveling to the past and meets Im Kkeok Jeong, a famous thief from the Joseon dynasty. Together, they struggle to survive, put their lives at stake for the people they love, and share a strong friendship.

Kang Ji Hwan will play Han Jung Rok, who travels through time to the Joseon dynasty with his first love and younger sibling. There, he joins Im Kkeok Jeong in fighting against corrupt officials.

Kyung Soo Jin will take on the role of Lee Hye Jin, a medical resident at the department of rehabilitation and the only daughter of a wealthy family. She is Han Jung Rok’s first love and a woman with a sophisticated way of speaking and an elegant air about her.

Song Won Seok will play Im Kkeok Jeong, who is a true figure who was alive in 1562. He is a witty man with a pretty face and large physique.

Lastly, Han Jung Rok’s younger sister Han Seul Gi will be played by Park Se Wan. Despite the 15-year age gap between Han Seul Gi and Han Jung Rok, she easily outsmarts her brother. She is a genius who won national writing awards and won first place in the math olympiad three years in a row.

A source from the drama’s production company Huayi Brothers Korea stated, “The drama will offer laughter as well as deep meaning as it tells the story of Han Jung Rok, who goes back 500 years to the Joseon dynasty that had a feudal system. Please look forward to this time-slip drama packed with refreshing content.”

“Joseon Survival,” directed by Jang Yong Woo, is slated to air in June.

source: soompi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Joseon Survival, 조선생존기 - Kang Ji Hwan & Kyung Soo Jin - Premieres on June 8th
May 16 2019

Teaser trailer for TV Chosun drama series “Joseon Survival”

Joseon_Survival-SM1.jpg

First teaser trailer for TV Chosun drama series “Joseon Survival” starring Kang Ji-Hwan, Kyung Soo-Jin and Song Won-Seok. The drama series revolves around a man in the present day who travels back in time to 1562. At the 5 second mark of the teaser trailer, captions in Korean states “If the world refuses me,” at the 11 second mark states “I will change the era” and at the 27 second mark “Who is the one who change era!”

“Joseon Survival” first airs June 8, 2019 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-for-tv-chosun-drama-series-joseon-survival

Kang Ji-hwan creates a Joseon Survival Guide in TV Chosun’s action comedy

by Tipsymocha

joseonsurvival-teaser51903.jpg

This looks super wacky, which I’m hoping is a good thing at the end of the day. TV Chosun has a new drama on the way called Joseon Survival Guide, which has released a teaser featuring Kang Ji-hwan (Happy to Die), Song Won-seok (Switch), Kyung Su-jin (Meloholic), Park Se-wan (Dance Sports Girls), and Lee Jae-yoon (Mother). I love Kang Ji-hwan in comedy, and I hope this show gives him some good material to work with.

In Joseon Survival Guide, Kang Ji-hwan plays a former archer who used to be a member of the national team, but for some reason is now working as a delivery man. His character finds himself flown into the Joseon period, where he encounters Song Won-seok’s character, who is treated like he’s less than human in his era. Together, they will achieve “miracles” in the action comedy, though it’s not clear what that means precisely.

While Kang Ji-hwan is the one to time-travel into the past in the show, in the teaser, he’s the one dressed in Joseon garb while Song Won-seok looks sleek in a suit and sunglasses. Their posse confronts a group of armed soldiers in the lobby of a modern office building and start fighting, not knowing that they’re being watched by Lee Jae-yoon through multiple cameras. He strikes a menacing pose, though it would be more intimidating if he weren’t sipping what looks like a glass of orange juice.

Kyung Su-jin and Park Se-wan, both sporting hanbok, sit behind him. From her outfit, it looks like Kyung Su-jin will be playing a nurse in Joseon, and she asks Lee Jae-yoon in exasperation how long they have to keep watching “this show.” Lee Jae-yoon responds that it’ll be over soon, though it might not be in his favor, seeing as how Kang Ji-hwan’s made it all the way up the elevator.

Joseon Survival Guide is directed by PD Jang Yong-woo, whose credits include JTBC’s D-Day. Writing is Kim Sol-ji, who also wrote JTBC’s Syndrome and MBC’s Heading to the Ground. These credits don’t exactly inspire a whole lot of confidence, but maybe they’ll surprise us here. I sincerely hope so, because time-travel lends itself so well to comedy.

TV Chosun’s Joseon Survival Guide will premiere on June 8.

source : dramabeans

May 24 2019

Teaser trailer #2 & teaser psoter for TV Chosun drama series “Joseon Survival”

Joseon_Survival-p01.jpg

Teaser trailer #2 and teaser poster added for TV Chosun drama series “Joseon Survival” (literal title) starring Kang Ji-Hwan and Kyung Soo-Jin. Tagline on the teaser poster states “I meet Im Kkeok-Jeong from 500 years ago.”

“Joseon Survival” first airs June 8, 2019 in South Korea.

Archived