TV CHOSUN DRAMA 2019

JOSEON SURVIVAL

201907221715362418609705339442.jpg

Drama: Joseon Survival

Hangul: 조선생존기

Genre: fantasy, time travel

Network: TV Chosun

Episodes: 16

Director: Jang Yong-Woo (Hotelier, If Tomorrow Comes, D-Day)

Writer:Kim Sol Ji (“Heading to the Ground” and “Syndrome.”)

Release Date: June 8th - August 17th, 2019

Runtime: Saturdays 22:50

Production Company:

OST: part 1 Lee Hyun - Someday

part2 썸머 (Summer) - You`re my one

part3 YEOM YU RI(염유리) _ I'll come to you like the wind

part 4 JIN HO(진호), HUI(후이), KINO(키노), WOO SEOK(우석) (PENTAGON(펜타곤)) _ Shout out(외쳐)

Official site: HERE

Plot

Joseon Survival” is about Han Jung Rok, a former national archer and current deliveryman from 2019. He ends up traveling to the past and meets Im Kkeok Jeong, a famous thief from the Joseon dynasty. Together, they struggle to survive, put their lives at stake for the people they love, and share a strong friendship.

Han Jung-Rok (Kang Ji Hwan) was the top archer on the national team, but he now works as a delivery man. He struggles to make a living. Lee Hye-Jin  (Kyung Soo Jin) is his first love, but they broke up after his downfall. She is now a resident at a rehabilitation medical department. They meet again for the first time in 7 years.

A dramatic event causes Han Jung-Rok to travel back in time to the year 1562. There, he meets historical figure Im Kkeok-Jeong(Song Won Seok). Im Kkeok-Jeong is smart and handsome, but he works as a butcher, which is the lowest class in Joseon.

Han Jung-Rok, who struggles to make a living in the present day, and Im Kkeok-Jeong, who belongs to the lowest class in Joseon, meet and make a miracle.

Notes

Actor Kang Ji Hwan, who played Han Jung Rok, has dropped out of the drama, after he was arrested regarding the allegations of sexual assault brought against him by two women.

The drama stopped shooting when Kang Ji-hwan, who was the main character, was arrested on charges of sexual assault on female staff. After the replacement of the male protagonist with Seo Ji-seok, they were about to resume shooting. The drama will air again on 27th July. 

Cast

Seo Ji Suk as Han Jung Rok (ep 11-16)

chosun_cast01.jpg
Kyung Soo Jin as Lee Hye Jin

chosun_cast02.jpg

Song Won seok as Im Kkeok Jeong

chosun_cast03.jpg

Park Se Wan as Han Seul Gi

chosun_cast04.jpg

Yoon Ji Min as Jung Nam- jung

chosun_cast07.jpg

Lee Jae Yoon as Jung Ka-Ik

chosun_cast05.jpg

Han Jae Suk as Yoon Won-Hyeong

chosun_cast06.jpg

Kim Kwang Sik as Oh Yong-jin

Lee Kyung Jin 

Jeong Han Heon as

Kim Kwang Sik as

We Yang Ho as

Kang Ji Sub as

Choi Jung Hun

Kang Ji Hwan as Han Jung Rok (ep 1-10)

Character Chart

201907221716122418645791048442.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kang Ji Hwan In Talks To Lead New Time-Slip Drama

by S. Park
14e6c4cbca6d43a9a953aeb8277db2b4.jpeg?s=

Kang Ji Hwan may soon be returning to the small screen.

On March 7, it was reported that Kang Ji Hwan may appear in TV Chosun’s upcoming drama “Joseon Survival” (literal title).

Following the reports, a source from TV Chosun said, “It’s true that we gave Kang Ji Hwan an offer for ‘Joseon Survival,’ but he’s in the middle of reviewing it.” The actor’s agency, Jellyfish Entertainment, also stated, “He’s currently positively considering it.”

“Joseon Survival” will tell the story of a former member of the national archery team who works as a parcel delivery man and Im Kkeok Jeong, a famous thief from the Joseon dynasty.

Kang Ji Hwan has been offered the lead role of Jung Rok Gi, a man who dreamt of winning Olympic gold in archery but becomes a parcel delivery man due to an injury. His character then timeslips to the Joseon era with his first love and younger sibling.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1308657wpp/kang-ji-hwan-in-talks-to-lead-new-time-slip-drama

Kyung Soo Jin And Kang Ji Hwan In Talks To Lead New Drama

by K. Lew

1cce6be441f24f799672da5d514e88cc.jpeg?s=

Kyung Soo Jin and Kang Ji Hwan may be working together in an upcoming time-slip drama “Joseon Survival” (literal title).

On March 13, it was reported that Kyung Soo Jin would be taking the lead role for “Joseon Survival.”  Later that day, a source from her agency YG Entertainment responded, “Kyung Soo Jin is currently positively reviewing an offer to star in ‘Joseon Survival.'” If she accepts the offer, this will be her first leading role in a television miniseries. Kang Ji Hwan is also in talks to star in the drama.

Kyung Soo Jin has been offered the role of trauma doctor Lee Hae Deun. A third-year resident in the emergency medicine department at one of the top hospitals in the country, she grew up as the only daughter of a wealthy family. With an elegant attitude, dignified speech, and chic charisma, her charm can overtake anyone.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1309986wpp/kyung-soo-jin-and-kang-ji-hwan-in-talks-to-lead-new-drama

Kyung Soo Jin And Kang Ji Hwan Confirmed For Upcoming Time-Slip Drama

by U. Kim
86953f7cd9474c5bbf80152b3a5d55b1.jpeg?s=

Kyung Soo Jin and Kang Ji Hwan have been confirmed to star in TV Chosun’s “Joseon Survival” (literal title) together!

“Joseon Survival” is about Han Jung Rok, a former national archer and current deliveryman from 2019. He ends up traveling to the past and meets Im Kkeok Jeong, a famous thief from the Joseon dynasty. Together, they struggle to survive, put their lives at stake for the people they love, and share a strong friendship.

Kang Ji Hwan will play Han Jung Rok, who travels through time to the Joseon dynasty with his first love and younger sibling. There, he joins Im Kkeok Jeong in fighting against corrupt officials.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1312896wpp/kyung-soo-jin-and-kang-ji-hwan-confirmed-for-upcoming-time-slip-drama

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Joseon Survival 조선생존기 - Kang Ji Kwan & Kyung Soo Jin - Premieres in June

I was curious who will play Im Kkeok Jeong, the famous thief from the Joseon dynasty.  But I think they already cast him or at least he got the offer. It seams that actor Song Won-Seok joined the TV Chosun drama. 

photo1029164.jpg

A drama official said on the 22nd march that Song Won Seok was cast in drama Joseon Survival. He is strong and intelligent man, but he is in a crisis to die because he is out of order and joins the bandits. A person who grew up meeting Kang Ji-hwan (Jeongrok) who fated to time-slip in Korea.

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23418958&cloc=

http://m.sportschosun.com/news.htm?id=201903270100203430014569&ServiceDate=20190326&f_url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2F

TV CHOSUN confirmed the new drama "Korea survival period" broadcasting. TV CHOSUN said that it will broadcast the drama "Korea's survival period" in June due to the success of the drama <Babel>

Going to watch it for sure.

KSJ is my fav actress, Park Se Wan is also one my fav actresses. I just hope her role is better than this horrible "Girl Dance Club" drama.

Not a fan of time traveling or historical dramas also, but I guess there is no better way to get introduced to this than with my bias actress. 

3 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Park Seo-wan is so talented. It seems she will be the love interest of Song Won-Seok as they are both of the same age. I hope we don't have the usual love triangle.

No, I don`t think it will be a love triangle. The protagonist (Kang Ji Hwan) is traveling in time with his first love. If they were not in good terms at that moment, they will sure fall in love again. :D We`ll have a bromance too.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Joseon Survival, 조선생존기 - Kang Ji Kwan & Kyung Soo Jin - Premieres in June

Hello my friends, @larus @Lawyerh & @nohamahamoud2002 lovelies! :wub: And where is our @phoenix24 friend..???!!

Finally managed to found this thread!! I am not exactly a fan of historical dramas but since Kang Ji Hwan in it, count me also in!! :) Plus it's about time slip!!! Yeah, hope this drama will be a good one for Kang Ji Hwan & all the other cast!!

Keep updating guys! crazy-monkey-emoticon-006.gif?1292792379

Dear @Lawyerh @nohamahamoud2002 & @phoenix24 friends! Kang ji Hwan looks so stunning in the trainings, doesn't he??! No doubt, he is really a hard working actor! :wub: Glad to see him work energetically! 

And I am definitely not a fan of korean historical dramas! But I think I will learn so much about Joseon era with this one! The plot already looks so promising & the cast is working so hard for it! So Hopefully we will have a lot of fun here..... :D

Can't wait to see more! 

1 minute ago, gm4queen said:

And I am definitely not a fan of korean historical dramas! But I think I will learn so much about Joseon era with this one! The plot already looks so promising & the cast is working so hard for it! So Hopefully we will have a lot of fun here..... :D

I think the drama will go back from modern times to the past, which means that it won't be purely historical :) luckily, Hong Gil Dong was easy to understand, so I hope this drama will be easy too. I guess KJH's dramas are not very difficult.

10 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Dear @Lawyerh @nohamahamoud2002 & @phoenix24 friends! Kang ji Hwan looks so stunning in the trainings, doesn't he??! No doubt, he is really a hard working actor! :wub: Glad to see him work energetically! 

Can't wait to see more! 

hihi yes, can't wait to see more stuff about drama.  He is sporting the messy hair look a lot lately.  I wonder if that have any indication with the hairstyle for drama in which case poor @Lawyerh .

3 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

hihi yes, can't wait to see more stuff about drama.  He is sporting the messy hair look a lot lately.  I wonder if that have any indication with the hairstyle for drama in which case poor @Lawyerh .

I like the messy hair, as long as he has bangs :D he was wonderful in Hong Gil Dong, I liked his looks there

3 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

I think also poor @Heidi Seow  chingu. She will be on the same boat with me. :lol::P Lets brace ourself together for his messy hairstyle ahead! Hahaha

you really like the gentleman looks :) , but in Big Man, in the first episodes he looked cool despite being poor, and in COALG he was really cool in the messy look too. Since I am not a multi-millionaire, I like the down-to-earth looks :)

Spoiler

our dear @gm4queen already watches bollywood, so she knows how cool a guy can look even if he is not rich :D

Archived