[Drama 2019] Justice, 저스티스

0ly40

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Justice, 저스티스 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST - Choi Jin Hyuk & Son Hyun Joo - Premieres TONIGHT
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Justice, 저스티스 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST

Choi Jin Hyuk Praises Nana’s Acting In “Justice”

TV/Film   Jul 17, 2019   by C. Hong
Go1fFzm.jpg

On July 17, KBS’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Justice” held a press conference with its cast and crew.

“Justice” is about Lee Tae Kyung (Choi Jin Hyuk), a lawyer who makes a deal with the devil to get his revenge, and Song Woo Yong (Son Hyun Joo), a man who willingly becomes the devil for the sake of his family. Nana rounds out the principal cast as the star prosecutor Seo Yeon Ah.

During the press conference, Choi Jin Hyuk talked about Nana’s character, who is also the former lover of his own character. “I had seen her acting briefly before, but I was surprised that she did better than I expected. She isn’t even in her 30s yet but she can bring out such a serious tone in her acting.”

He continued, “She was so good that it motivated me to do better. Nana also fulfills the role of bringing a brighter energy to this dark story, so I’m looking forward to seeing the broadcast.”

“Justice” premieres on July 17 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

Check out the trailer below!

Watch Now

https://www.soompi.com/article/1339361wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-praises-nanas-acting-in-justice

short PC clip

making poster shooting

I'm curious to hear what others thought of episode one.  I was wanting to watch this because the stars are great but I was so angry and repulsed by the male lead that I actually thought I would vomit, so I stopped watching midway through the episode.  Can anyone give me a reason to give this show another try?  

“Justice” Beats Out “Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung” In Premiere Ratings

TV/Film   Jul 17, 2019  by E. Cha
j9JtPOy.jpg

A fierce new battle for Wednesday-Thursday drama viewership ratings has begun!

On July 17, all three Korean public broadcast networks began airing their latest Wednesday-Thursday dramas. KBS 2TV premiered its new thriller “Justice,” MBC premiered its historical romance drama “Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung,” and SBS premiered its new medical investigative drama “Doctor Detective.”

KBS 2TV’s “Justice,” which stars Choi Jin Hyuk, After School’s Nana, and Son Hyun Joo, was the most-watched drama of the night. According to Nielsen Korea, the July 17 premiere scored average nationwide ratings of 6.1 percent and 6.4 percent for its two parts, achieving the highest viewership ratings of the three premieres.

MBC’s “Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung,” which stars ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo and Shin Se Kyung, scored average nationwide ratings of 4 percent and 6 percent for its first broadcast; while SBS’s “Doctor Detective” scored average ratings of 4.6 percent and 5.7 percent for its own premiere.

“Justice” tells the story of a vengeful lawyer who makes a deal with the devil (played by Choi Jin Hyuk), a man who becomes evil for the sake of his family (played by Son Hyun Joo), and a relentless prosecutor who ends up investigating the disappearances of several actresses (played by After School’s Nana). The next episode of the drama will air on July 18 at 10 p.m. KST.

Did you catch the premieres of any of these new dramas? Share your thoughts with us below!

You can also check out the first episode of “Justice” with English subtitles here…

Watch Now

https://www.soompi.com/article/1339448wpp/justice-beats-out-rookie-historian-goo-hae-ryung-in-premiere-ratings

1 hour ago, thistle said:

I'm curious to hear what others thought of episode one.  I was wanting to watch this because the stars are great but I was so angry and repulsed by the male lead that I actually thought I would vomit, so I stopped watching midway through the episode.  Can anyone give me a reason to give this show another try?  

Hi yes Le Tae Kyung is a tormented scumbag lawyer who sold his soul to the devil for revenge like his boss Song Woo Yong did.  So the story is about these two men who made a choice and who have to pay a price for it.  Here is a soompi article which gives a bit more explanation.  The drama has a darker tone. Maybe you prefer a bit lighter one or something like that?? :sweat: :blush:

((more here, if interested Justice ))

Captivating Points To Look Out For In “Justice” Chosen By Choi Jin Hyuk, Son Hyun Joo, And Nana

TV/Film  Jul 12, 2019  by S. Nam
Spoiler

The actors and production team of KBS 2TV’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Justice” have shared points to look out for in the new drama!

“Justice” is a social thriller about a corrupt lawyer named Lee Tae Kyung (played by Choi Jin Hyuk), who makes a deal with the devil in order to exact revenge, and a man named Song Woo Yong (played by Son Hyun Joo) who becomes evil for the sake of his family. The two clash as they uncover the hidden faces of the country’s elite while at the center of a case in which several actresses have gone missing.

Check out the points they chose below!

1. Strong original story & script

Choi Jin Hyuk, Son Hyun Joo, and Nana all had the same reason for choosing “Justice,” stating, “I was fascinated by the captivating script and strong story.” Based off the serialized webtoon of the same name by Jang Ho, the drama will tell a compelling story with details added by the scriptwriter Jung Chan Mi who has worked as a writer on current affairs programs.

The script will realistically portray the relationship of the two men Lee Tae Kyung and Song Woo Yong, who are chasing their desires, and the investigation of unsettled cases by prosecutor Seo Yeon Ah (played by Nana). The production team explained, “While flipping through the script page by page, it becomes impossible to break free from the tension. We believe in the power the story has. The power will definitely be delivered to the viewers as well.”

2. Three-dimensional characters

Making the script twice as interesting are the three-dimensional characters, especially as they oppose each other. Choi Jin Hyuk chose “Tae Kyung’s emotions that change slowly over time” as an interesting point to look out for in the drama. He explained, “While it may be difficult to understand his emotions at first, please relate together with Tae Kyung’s changing emotions as the story progresses.” Nana also added, “Through flow, through watching, and through feeling — if you watch with an emphasis on the opposition of the characters with various personalities, you will be able to enjoy ‘Justice’ even more.”

3. Cast’s perfect chemistry

Another focus point of the drama is the talented actors, including Choi Jin Hyuk, Son Hyun Joo, Nana, Park Sung Hoon, and more, as well as the great chemistry they have on set while acting. Son Hyun Joo shared, “It’s enjoyable to act with Choi Jin Hyuk who’s versatile and overflowing with energy, Nana who has a strong understanding of her character, and Park Sung Hoon who does a great job of embodying his character.” He added, “The atmosphere on set is very good. My chemistry with the other actors is very good.”

“Justice” will premiere July 17 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki with English subtitles!

12 minutes ago, booha said:

Hi yes Le Tae Kyung is a tormented scumbag lawyer who sold his soul to the devil for revenge like his boss Song Woo Yong did.  So the story is about these two men who made a choice and who have to pay a price for it.  Here is a soompi article which gives a bit more explanation.  The drama has a darker tone. Maybe you prefer a bit lighter one or something like that?? :sweat: :blush:

Thanks.  I don't mind watching dark dramas sometimes because life has to have both light and dark.  But it seemed like this one was really going over the top to be annoying to show the viewers how bad the character is.  It was infuriating to watch because the dialogue was just really cruel but also because it was such an obvious dramatic ploy that it was almost offensive.   Sometimes first episodes can be heavy-handed; maybe this is one of those.  I'll try another episode before I decide on whether to drop or continue.

Hello everyone.... :wub: This is my first time posting here....

Honestly, I was never a fan of Choi Jin Hyuk but The Last Empress made me a fan of him even though he played a non-lead like role with a rubbish ending!!! So I love to give him a chance here as he's one of the leads!!!! :heart:

And I've already watched the first two eps & the series looks extra dark & intense as @thistle chingu said!!! I was also hesitated at the beginning of the show but somehow I managed to finish the full eps.... And I need to clear up something first.... So Lee Tea Kyung first became a lawyer to get revenge for his younger brother, but he has since become focused on money so he teamed up with Song Woo-Yong!! So what's the point with Lee Tea Kyung ignoring his brother's death & live his own life..????! :unsure: I am really confused!!! Is it his plan or something to catch the culprit..??!

And dear @booha chingu, is Choi Jin Hyuk a bad guy here..???! I am confused by his actions in the very first ep... The real villain seems to be Song Woo-Yong to me... And it's too early to prejudge anything as the series only got started yesterday! But why do I feel that Song Woo-Yong is the culprit of Lee Tea Kyung's brother's death..??! :o I am really confused but at the same time, I am curious over the plot!!! Let's see what's on the stores tonight for us!!! :thumbsup:

And I think we need more friends here so that we can talk more deep down about this show!!!! :)

And as in the main poster, it seems to be a battle between Song Woo-Yong &  Lee Tea Kyung.... :open_mouth: Looking forward for tonight's eps...!

Justice-KD-p01.jpg

I have to admit that I'm confused by what happened in the first episode too. Especially the opening sequence - was Choi Jin Hyuk covered in blood because he killed the thugs that killed his brother? 

Otherwise here's my take on what I saw, though I fully admit I'm biased to CJH, and hoping that he's not fully bad. In order to find out what happened to his brother, LTK teamed up with SWY - and in return does SWY's dirty work as a lawyer. Doing this dirty work seems to be taking a toll on LTK - hence the heavy drinking, and then being revolted by the older men's actions with the younger women at the bar. LTK acts tough on the exterior and is pretty horrible to people (see his interaction with the assault survivor after the trial), but on the inside is revolted by his own actions. 

I'm confused by the burial location scene- was he saying goodbye to his brother because he wants to not be reminded of all the bad things he's done?

Where I think (hope) this is going - Nana's character is going to show LTK the link between the actress being killed and his brother's death. He's going to team up with her to expose some kind of prostitution ring. LTK already knows about shady real estate dealings/political connections so I feel it must be something more going on to disgust him even more.

So i wasn't the only one who was confused. 

Who were the ones who were killed in the house. And it look liked someone survived? Why they were killed? did LTK really kill them?

First episode was really dark and I really didn't like LTK actions but my hunch is that he doesn't know everything about his brother death and that is going to change him.

Have not watched any episode yet. But my impression after reading pre material is that the case with missing actresses and returning of Yeon-a gonna be Tae kyung saving grace from the darkness, and also turning his attention back to his brother. Woo jung seems to be the devil on his shoulder infesting him with dark thought and losing morality. Hope Tae kyung do not lose himself totally before it is too late.

17 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Honestly, I was never a fan of Choi Jin Hyuk but The Last Empress made me a fan of him even though he played a non-lead like role with a rubbish ending!!! So I love to give him a chance here as he's one of the leads!!!! :heart:

And I've already watched the first two eps & the series looks extra dark & intense as @thistle chingu said!!! I was also hesitated at the beginning of the show but somehow I managed to finish the full eps.... And I need to clear up something first.... So Lee Tea Kyung first became a lawyer to get revenge for his younger brother, but he has since become focused on money so he teamed up with Song Woo-Yong!! So what's the point with Lee Tea Kyung ignoring his brother's death & live his own life..????! :unsure: I am really confused!!! Is it his plan or something to catch the culprit..??!

And dear @booha chingu, is Choi Jin Hyuk a bad guy here..???! I am confused by his actions in the very first ep... The real villain seems to be Song Woo-Yong to me... And it's too early to prejudge anything as the series only got started yesterday! But why do I feel that Song Woo-Yong is the culprit of Lee Tea Kyung's brother's death..??! :o I am really confused but at the same time, I am curious over the plot!!! Let's see what's on the stores tonight for us!!! :thumbsup:

And I think we need more friends here so that we can talk more deep down about this show!!!! :)

And as in the main poster, it seems to be a battle between Song Woo-Yong &  Lee Tea Kyung.... :open_mouth: Looking forward for tonight's eps...!

Hi nice to see you here. :w00t::w00t:    yes CJJH is playing a bad character LTK who sold out his soul  to the devil for revenge just like his boss, Song Woo Yong did.  However it appears LTK couldn’t wipe out his conscience completely unlike SWY who is supposed to become pure evil.  SWY mentioned that he liked LTK because he still had a soul. 

But Justice seems like a noir film.  It means it’s possible LTK’s redemption might not happen till the end.  So possible sad ending for LTK.  Till then his conscience will bang around him.  
Btw there are some scenes where the camera seems to get stuck and can’t move on and some careless editing…  Otherwise I enjoyed it so far.   It’s the first week so I can see how the writer set the initial stage and how all characters were connected to each other in this torment-arena.  

15 hours ago, sally2 said:

I have to admit that I'm confused by what happened in the first episode too. Especially the opening sequence - was Choi Jin Hyuk covered in blood because he killed the thugs that killed his brother? 

Otherwise here's my take on what I saw, though I fully admit I'm biased to CJH, and hoping that he's not fully bad. In order to find out what happened to his brother, LTK teamed up with SWY - and in return does SWY's dirty work as a lawyer. Doing this dirty work seems to be taking a toll on LTK - hence the heavy drinking, and then being revolted by the older men's actions with the younger women at the bar. LTK acts tough on the exterior and is pretty horrible to people (see his interaction with the assault survivor after the trial), but on the inside is revolted by his own actions. 

I'm confused by the burial location scene- was he saying goodbye to his brother because he wants to not be reminded of all the bad things he's done?

Where I think (hope) this is going - Nana's character is going to show LTK the link between the actress being killed and his brother's death. He's going to team up with her to expose some kind of prostitution ring. LTK already knows about shady real estate dealings/political connections so I feel it must be something more going on to disgust him even more.

Thank you for the highlights and explanation about LTK’s general mental state and his behavior.  Yeah though he made a bargain with the devil, he couldn’t get rid of his pricking conscience.  
Maybe he is exhausted from his sad memories and tormented conscience?  Maybe he is cracking up
emotionally??   
Hopefully Seo Yeon-A(Nana) shows LTK that fighting against injustice isn’t just about winning but making effort without losing empathy.

Hey guys!

I've decided to watch this drama due to interest in the teasers and I'm really loving it.

After watching a bunch of romcoms for a while, I find this kind of show really refreshing. It's so intense and the acting feels almost movie level of quality. 

On 7/18/2019 at 5:36 AM, gm4queen said:

Alot of folks here seem confused but I actually find the drama quite easy to follow. 3 and 4 reveals more to the story. There are still some questions unanswered but I think that's intended. 

Tae kyung was always going to become a lawyer. Since he was going to make more money from the job, he wanted his younger brother to quit his job, as a delivery truck driver, so that he can continue his education and tae kyung could pay for his schooling. However, Lee Tae Kyung's younger brother, the delivery driver, was killed. The ones involved in the murder got off lightly because their relatives are rich. Tae Kyung suspects wasn't an accident. So he then makes the deal with Woo Yong (Woo Yong offered it first) to work for him (as a lawyer) so he can pursuer revenge for his younger brother which resulted in Tae kyung murdering those who killed his brother. Woo Yong covers it up, so Tae Kyung can kill them without the consequences of jail/charges. But I think what led up to his brother being killed and the connections behind it is the mystery. 

Anyhow, TaeKyung originally made the deal just for revenge but then he slowly became more corrupted and coldhearted from all the money and power he was receiving. Hence why he said in the 2nd episode that he was going to forget about his brother so he can take full advantage of the deal woo yong gave to him. In the latest episodes, Lee kyung is heavily suspecting a connection between his brothers death and Yang Chul GI, this clue brought his drive back to understand why his brother was killed. 

Archived