Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2020] The Killing of Three Thousands Crows 三千鸦杀

Recommended Posts

On 3/19/2020 at 9:20 PM, Winterfairy said:

Does this drama has same production team as TMOPB and LaD? Because it looks amazing! 
or Listening Snow Tower or Bloody Romance?

 

Nope, it seems that this is a joint production between Mango TV and a production company that has produced movies like Founding of a Republic and The Taking of Tiger Mountain. 

 

@JoyceDreamer Here is the playlist on youtube with English subs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far the story is confusing but it’s enough to keep the audience interest, and production looks good too!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have now added English subtitles.  Yay!  I found episode 1 very confusing and rushed but episode 2 is more coherent although I am still a bit confused about what is happening and why:lol: I will keep watching as I the drama is enjoyable, the world is interesting, costumes are good and I like what we have seen of the lead male and female. Also it's a relief to see the drama has a reasonable number of episodes so, hopefully, the story won't be dragged out or rushed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, raziela said:

They have now added English subtitles.  Yay!  I found episode 1 very confusing and rushed but episode 2 is more coherent although I am still a bit confused about what is happening and why:lol: I will keep watching as I the drama is enjoyable, the world is interesting, costumes are good and I like what we have seen of the lead male and female. Also it's a relief to see the drama has a reasonable number of episodes so, hopefully, the story won't be dragged out or rushed.

It has enough confusion to keep us interested :joy:

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Winterfairy said:

It has enough confusion to keep us interested :joy:

Ha ha!:lol: It's definitely interesting!  I'm hoping some of the confusion will be cleared up now they are past the introductory part of the story.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So in episode 1 the male lead’s shifu gave him a painting and the princess in the painting is girl he’s looking for? But is she real or is she someone in the world of that painting? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looked at the painting for 1000years before he found the same person in mortal realm.

Apparently it is a prophecy as she have the power to call on allies to "defeat the orcs by throwing the ring into Mordor"

She unlocked the male lead's fighting spirit to erase the white dragon in 1 second of dark power beam.

In the ending theme you can see their group have a few more guys going to a volcanoland (mordor from Lord-of-the-Rings), probably the evil kingdom's 2 princes were convinced by her to leave the dark side.

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really love watching Zhao LuSi :wub:, the male lead also cute, cant wait for the next eps, with eng sub of course...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So excited this one is out!!! Will watch when more episodes comes through.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2020 at 4:10 PM, Reverie said:

Haven’t been this excited for a drama in a while :wub: Zhao Lu Si is excelling in her usual adorkable element thus far. I’m going to follow the airing schedule and watch all the raws as quickly as I can. Some translation help @JoyceDreamer

 

  Hide contents

In ep1 the princess has a loyal maidservant Ah Man by her side who died in ep2 while trying to help her escape from the enemy’s demonic army. Her last words to the princess were: live on well on behalf of Ah Man. 
 

Ep3 flashback shows: the princess’ shifu who trained her in magical arts decided to give her a disguise in order for her to fulfil the mission of gathering a mystical lantern that can annihilate all demonic forces if she were to sacrifice her own blood and soul. It was not explicitly mentioned why she would take on her maidservants face but I’m guessing it was due to her dying words in ep1.
 

Furthermore, when the princess went up to the mountain forest while searching for the lantern and got caught within a formation, a magic mirror that was capable of showing one’s true form reflected the princess’ original face in ep1. So it’s confirmed that the princess took on the face of her maidservant. 

 

 

Thanks so much for translating

 

14 hours ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

He looked at the painting for 1000years before he found the same person in mortal realm.

Apparently it is a prophecy as she have the power to call on allies to "defeat the orcs by throwing the ring into Mordor"

She unlocked the male lead's fighting spirit to erase the white dragon in 1 second of dark power beam.

In the ending theme you can see their group have a few more guys going to a volcanoland (mordor from Lord-of-the-Rings), probably the evil kingdom's 2 princes were convinced by her to leave the dark side.

Thanks for this explanation too!

As I said I'm really liking this but I feel like i only get about 70% of what is happening onscreen:lol:  I think I might wait for a week or two until there are more English  translated episodes then I will come back and binge watch!

 

14 hours ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

list of trailer previews

Thank you for compiling the trailers.  looks like we have a lot to look forward to especially the development of our main couple :relaxed:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really like this drama loads. Marathon and binge watched 10 episodes (raw .. twice) within 3 days :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No wonder I thought Qing Qing’s face looked strange, and was wondering why the servants all thought she was so beautiful (even QC’s ‘husband’ was a fan!) haha ... that explains it. 

 

I find it strange that Xiao Bai is a mirror. I thought only living things could do good deeds and cultivate thousands of years to become deities? Don’t really understand this world. But anyway, Xiao Bai is cute.

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, omiki said:

No wonder I thought Qing Qing’s face looked strange, and was wondering why the servants all thought she was so beautiful (even QC’s ‘husband’ was a fan!) haha ... that explains it. 

 

I find it strange that Xiao Bai is a mirror. I thought only living things could do good deeds and cultivate thousands of years to become deities? Don’t really understand this world. But anyway, Xiao Bai is cute.

 

Ahhh i thought that too! Something was very wrong with her... Omg poor both actress... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

https://baijiahao.baidu.com/s?id=1661697439658117999&wfr=spider&for=pc

 

This actress was terminated for public misdemeanor and the film studio used computer to replace her face with another actress , resulting in unusually long neck.

 

replacement face

 

 

original actress

 

Thank you very much, I was looking for this info everywhere!

As soon as I saw her, I knew they were using deepfake but this has been the worst I have ever seen! Especial since EP06... In case you didn't know deepfake before, google it and check out some examples. They can be crazy good!

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, angelangie said:

The Killing of 3k Crows did very well, they drop into Top 2 in the rating chart for Mar/22 rating

 

That's great news! I am glad to see a drama with a strong female lead and male lead that isn't the typical aloof, cold guy doing so well.  Do you know why it's doing so well? I like the leads but they are not big stars, are they? Is it based o a popular property or something?

 

12 hours ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

This actress was terminated for public misdemeanor and the film studio used computer to replace her face with another actress , resulting in unusually long neck.

That is so creepy:fearful:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@raziela No, Zhao Lu Si and Zheng Ye Cheng aren't huge stars, and yes, the original novel the drama was based on was pretty popular. The author also wrote another book that's adapted into an upcoming drama, Love and Redemption. 

~

 

So I was reading book reviews on douban, and turns out the title of the novel 三千鸦杀 is based on a poem written by a Japanese samurai, Shinsaku Takasugi. The original poem is 三千世界のからすを杀し ぬしと朝寝がしてみたい, which translated in Chinese is 三千世界鸦杀尽 与君共枕到天明. So basically, it means to kill all the world's birds in order to let their lover have a restful sleep and not be awakened by the sound of the bird's chirping. It's to signify how deep the person's love is for their lover. 

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 In the above interview, they informed that they used their own original voices in the drama.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...