Director: Hui Yu

Episodes: 30

Broadcast Date: 3/19/2020 - 4/10/2020

Novel Translations

Cast:

Zheng Ye Cheng

Zhao Lu Si

Synopsis:

Di Ji (Zhao Lu Si) is a princess from a vanquished nation. After her country is annihilated by the glass fire, she takes on the name Tang Chuan and hides in Xiang Qu Mountain, a place for cultivation, where she works as a servant. There she meets the outstanding Fu Jiu Yun (Zheng Ye Cheng) who continuously teases her. But when Tang Chuan goes down the wrong path, Jiu Yun will even risk his life to help her. Unbeknown to Tang Chuan, he has been looking after her for ten lifetimes.

Cr cdramabase

Click here to request the Viki license!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

The Killing of Three Thousands Crows 三千鸦杀 English Subbed Episodes

The Killing of Three Thousands Crows 三千鸦杀 Novel English Translations

Spoiler

pUF1Hgt.jpg

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2019] The Killing of Three Thousands Crows 三千鸦杀
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The title refers to a poem 

三千世界鸦杀尽,
与君共寝到天明

Killing all the crows in three thousand worlds, so that I can sleep with you till the dawn. In ancient times, crows were seen as the symbol for the sun, so killing all of them would cause the dawn to never come

3 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

三千世界鸦杀尽,
与君共寝到天明

Killing all the crows in three thousand worlds, so that I can sleep with you till the dawn. In ancient times, crows were seen as the symbol for the sun, so killing all of them would cause the dawn to never come

i see! thanks for your explanation! 

16 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

三千世界鸦杀尽,
与君共寝到天明

Oh, I get it! Thanks!

I read that it was from a poem but I didn't know it crows were supposed to represent the sun.

三千世界鸦杀尽,
与君共寝到天明

There are various versions as to the story behind this ancient Japanese poem.

Version #1 (also the most common version): A young fellow fell in love wih a geisha and visited her secretly every night. To avoid detection, he would leave at daybreak when the crows started cawing. Eventually, it got to the point that he had to leave every time the crows cawed. As he could not bear to leave her, he said he was willing to kill all the crows in 3000 worlds as it would mean they could be together forever.

Version #2: 

A prostitute fell in love with one of her patrons. When dawn came and the crows cawed, he would wake up and leave her to start a new day. Wishing that dawn would never come, she said she would rather kill all the crows in the world so that her beloved could remain safely asleep in her bed.

Version #3:

It is a story about the feelings between the poet and the guy he wrote it to. In ancient Chinese mythology, a crow is the incarnation of the sun while "three thousand worlds" is a Buddhist term for the whole wide world. Hence, the literal meaning of the 2 lines is to wipe out all the suns in this world and sleep with you till daylight. However, if all the suns were killed, how could there be daylight? Thus, it is believed to be a subtle hint to remain asleep forever i.e. let's die together.

There is a 4th version but I find it too complicated to explain and the least likely.

Has anyone read the original novel?

Spoiler

From what I remember,the male lead Fu Jiu Yun is not actually human. He’s the spirit of a magical lamp,so technically he’s a demon. When the female lead Tang Chuan,makes a wish for all the demons to be gone from the world,Fu Jiu Yun disappears too so she has to find a way to bring him back. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/6/2019 at 1:08 PM, frostflower14 said:

三千世界鸦杀尽,
与君共寝到天明

On 4/8/2019 at 5:58 PM, bluehibiscus said:

There are various versions as to the story behind this ancient Japanese poem.

Version #1 (also the most common version): A young fellow fell in love wih a geisha and visited her secretly every night. To avoid detection, he would leave at daybreak when the crows started cawing. Eventually, it got to the point that he had to leave every time the crows cawed. As he could not bear to leave her, he said he was willing to kill all the crows in 3000 worlds as it would mean they could be together forever.

Version #2: 

A prostitute fell in love with one of her patrons. When dawn came and the crows cawed, he would wake up and leave her to start a new day. Wishing that dawn would never come, she said she would rather kill all the crows in the world so that her beloved could remain safely asleep in her bed.

Version #3:

It is a story about the feelings between the poet and the guy he wrote it to. In ancient Chinese mythology, a crow is the incarnation of the sun while "three thousand worlds" is a Buddhist term for the whole wide world. Hence, the literal meaning of the 2 lines is to wipe out all the suns in this world and sleep with you till daylight. However, if all the suns were killed, how could there be daylight? Thus, it is believed to be a subtle hint to remain asleep forever i.e. let's die together.

There is a 4th version but I find it too complicated to explain and the least likely.

On 4/9/2019 at 2:48 PM, frostflower14 said:

They even made a reference to the poem this story’s title is based on in the trailer.

Thanks so much for explaining @frostflower14 and @bluehibiscus  The title is quite meaningful now I understand what they are referring to.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I watched the trailer, it looks good and exciting. I like the poem or the meaning of the titled---Sounds so delicate.

After Royal Nirvana, I have nothing to watch. This one looks promising!!! OMG Just saw that this is Feng'En from Royal Nirvana--aka CP DingQuan's cousin!!! lol. How great for the actor, he's in a leading role!!! Ok I'm super psyched now!!!! I just read the first chapter, and I like it :)!!!! 

Archived