[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2020] Love of Thousand Years 三千鸦杀

sugarplum892

4 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

@raziela No, Zhao Lu Si and Zheng Ye Cheng aren't huge stars, and yes, the original novel the drama was based on was pretty popular. The author also wrote another book that's adapted into an upcoming drama, Love and Redemption. 

~

So I was reading book reviews on douban, and turns out the title of the novel 三千鸦杀 is based on a poem written by a Japanese samurai, Shinsaku Takasugi. The original poem is 三千世界のからすを杀し ぬしと朝寝がしてみたい, which translated in Chinese is 三千世界鸦杀尽 与君共枕到天明. So basically, it means to kill all the world's birds in order to let their lover have a restful sleep and not be awakened by the sound of the bird's chirping. It's to signify how deep the person's love is for their lover. 

Aye, the page on Avirtualvoyage also mentioned, and I quote: "In ancient China, crows were believed to represent the Sun. The killing of 3000 (just a number to mean A LOT) crows means to kill the sun, so that dawn never comes and I can sleep with you for eternity. AKA sometimes a euphemism for death." :sweat_smile:  I don't know if that sounds grim or romantic...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, galea said:

Aye, the page on Avirtualvoyage also mentioned, and I quote: "In ancient China, crows were believed to represent the Sun. The killing of 3000 (just a number to mean A LOT) crows means to kill the sun, so that dawn never comes and I can sleep with you for eternity. AKA sometimes a euphemism for death." :sweat_smile:  I don't know if that sounds grim or romantic...

Let's stick to romantic haha.

I am holding out, so I can binge on this series. 

I really have to learn the actor's name, but for now he's Feng'Er to me from Royal Nirvana. Lol, the lead male actor here is soo cute, he's like your cute and sweet typical guy next door. He got that beautiful smile going on that just seems so genuine and sweet. I'm gonna wait for more episodes to air, and then will watch it.

23 hours ago, angelangie said:

Zhao LuSi is quite popular if im not wrong :) the guy is one of the guy from Love O2O if im not wrong lols :) 

I know they have quite a few fans but I didn't think either are hugely popular just judging by their previous works.

23 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

@raziela No, Zhao Lu Si and Zheng Ye Cheng aren't huge stars, and yes, the original novel the drama was based on was pretty popular. The author also wrote another book that's adapted into an upcoming drama, Love and Redemption. 

~

So I was reading book reviews on douban, and turns out the title of the novel 三千鸦杀 is based on a poem written by a Japanese samurai, Shinsaku Takasugi. The original poem is 三千世界のからすを杀し ぬしと朝寝がしてみたい, which translated in Chinese is 三千世界鸦杀尽 与君共枕到天明. So basically, it means to kill all the world's birds in order to let their lover have a restful sleep and not be awakened by the sound of the bird's chirping. It's to signify how deep the person's love is for their lover. 

Thanks! So the novel is well known which explains some of the popularity.

I really like the origin stories and meaning of the crows in the title.  I think The Killing of Three Thousand Crows is such a poetic title-much better than the bland Love of a Thousand Years they are calling it on Youtube. On the other hand, I can understand why they changed it for English speaking audiences because it does seem like a random title otherwise.

22 hours ago, angelangie said:

The Killing of 3k Crows is doing very well, they top the chart on Mar/23 rating

1. The Killing of 3k Crows

2. The Love Last Two Minds

3. Winter Begonia

FTytr8CeXAHulR-1eaMaFoKwajU64zLrMQL9YEyU

Fantastic news! The dramas I like are rarely popular whilst the ones I can't get into at all seem to be topping all the charts so this is nice to see the opposite for once:lol:

21 hours ago, pristineqi said:

In the above interview, they informed that they used their own original voices in the drama.

I could hear Zhao Lu Si was using her own voice as she has a slight lisp so I can always tell when it's her speaking as opposed to being dubbed. Zheng Ye Cheng looks much more youthful here in  his casual clothes.  His look in the drama makes him look more mature.

18 hours ago, galea said:

Thanks.  I just read the Virtual Voyage post and it cleared a few other things about how and why the male lead fell for the heroine and what the scenes in the red outfit and drum were about. Very helpful!^_^

I watched their BTS video ...he is so matured person and doesn't play around as much Zhao Lusi. This girl is a such a clown and she's  so easy going person...she's playing, singing ,and dancing around like there is no tomorrow. She has really great chemistry with all his co-stars...she remind me of Zhao Li Ying and Park Ming Young ....these are girls have magic touch when it comes to onscreen chemistry.

On 3/18/2020 at 9:03 AM, Winterfairy said:

this male lead is from Oriental Odessy, he did a good job there too.

Yes... I also recognized Zheng Ye Cheng in that drama. And yes, he can act. Specially cry scenes... His eyes can torn you with sadness...

On 3/25/2020 at 12:57 PM, omiki said:

49695880158_9d504c95b9_z.jpg

”Is she really a princess? Aren’t princesses supposed to be light and dainty? Why is she so heavy? I feel like throwing her away ...” Er Meng is so funny ... lol :joy:

Yups, Er Meng is funny. But somehow I found spoiler in Weibo that Er Meng is not orginary person, he kinda look like a general or prince? And he’s indeed great because he protect Chuan Er from big rock right?

Can’t wait for tonight, we will have premiere episode 7 and 8 in YouTube. Excited...

I watched to ep 6, and so far I'm liking it. I feel the pace is a little slow, but hopefully it picks up soon. Lol, I thought the princess and the FL are the same person; but turns out they're not. They are two different actresses. The FL Zhao Lu Si is so young (only 21) She's so bubbly and cute bts, while Zheng Ye Chen is more calm/mature---But they're so cute.

So far, I really like all the characters------They bring a little something to the table. Like, Er Meng---his character is pure and funny (

Spoiler

although he's going to reveal his true identity. He's actually a prince, and is at Mt. X to get the lamp to defy his brother???

Also, I really like the teasing between the OTP-----the flirting and when they're together on screen---Really cute!!

I saw up to ep 10, and there is some plot development^^!!!! So, we found out Er'Meng is the 

Spoiler

2nd Prince of the Demon tribe!!

Which wasn't surprising, because I read the spoiler beforehand. Now, her first love regained his eyesight and lost memory. Maybe it just me, but I haven't seen any chemistry between the ML and FL----Looks like Er'Meng have chemistry better with FL lol. Maybe it's poor directing/editing or something, but it's only ep 11 so far----So, I hope the chemistry will develop more when she realized her feelings for him. I wondered if they are going to talk about how he loves her for 1000 years??? That would be interesting to see. How did he finds out that she is the love of his life???? I mean, he's a Sage and all, but those little details is something that I want to see happening on screen. It's 30 ep, so it looks like we're half quarter through......I want to see more actions^^!! I read ch 1 of the novel, and it was nice to see they kept the part where Qin Chuan first went to the Sage mountain, and her and her friend saw ML for the first time----And then her friend fainted lol.....That was funny!!! 

I watched this drama premiere via youtube every Thursday and Friday, but yesterday ep 7 and 8 with english substitle.

Honestly I really want Er Meng is sincere towards Chen Er, please don’t another “I just use you” plot please...

I ever saw the spoiler that showed her first love remember about her and called her Yan Yan, but why he came back with that envy bad princess? And why he became kind toward that richard simmons? And he also sold the gift that Yan Yan gave to him... And in the latest preview, he’s with the evil prince?

sorry I need more spoiler please

Xuan Zhu was injured, so QC reminded ZC about how when he was blind, XZ looked after him, so it is only right that this time, he should take care of her in return. So he brought her back to recuperate. Along the way, XZ was feeling cold, so ZC sold his hairpin, as he had no money, to buy warm clothing for her. 

ZC’s Father was the prime minister of Li Guo (Li Country).  He betrayed his country and helped Tian Yuan Guo to defeat Li Guo. ZC was not aware of his father’s plans before hand. They are now subjects of Tian Yuan Guo, so the Crown Prince knows them.

7 hours ago, linh5000 said:

I just finished the novel. I'm debating if I should dive into the drama. From the glimpses I got, it seems to be a bit different from the original story line. Can anybody verify?

Oh! How’s the novel? And where can I read it? Please and thank you :heart:

Archived