[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2020] Love of Thousand Years 三千鸦杀

sugarplum892

10 minutes ago, Winterfairy said:

@Adidaem I’m waiting for LuSi’s Tiger and Rose to finished so I can binge watch. But honestly I think she’s ready for a more mature drama than this idol romance. After 3,000 Crows she should have done a more serious one. Then again she’s good in Tiger and Rose, and the ML is good looking too.

As for Zheng Ye Chang I feel the same as you! So far haven’t heard of any new role for him yet. I hope he’ll be in another costume drama.

She is really good in the new drama. I feel like her image is good for comedies but do agree that she needs to go for other dramas so she doesn’t get typecast. 

Kinda regret not waiting for all the Tiger and Rose episodes to air before starting the drama... waiting is so hard lol. 

For ZYC you can see his upcoming dramas here:

https://mydramalist.com/people/12780-zheng-ye-cheng

He has a costume drama that may come out in 2021. Hope is good and that he doesn’t get conned out of his ML screen time again. 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/24/2020 at 11:00 AM, Winterfairy said:

@Adidaem I’m waiting for LuSi’s Tiger and Rose to finished so I can binge watch. But honestly I think she’s ready for a more mature drama than this idol romance. After 3,000 Crows she should have done a more serious one. Then again she’s good in Tiger and Rose, and the ML is good looking too.

As for Zheng Ye Chang I feel the same as you! So far haven’t heard of any new role for him yet. I hope he’ll be in another costume drama.

Same here. Once tiger and rose is over then maybe I'll give this a watch. I remember ZYC being the Crown Prince's cousin in Royal Nirvana (but I ff so many scenes and skipped 2/3 of the drama due to excessive crying scenes by Luo Jin) and I remember his character being a funny, loyal and upright person. So yeah will most probably watch this one later.

18 hours ago, chsaf said:

Same here. Once tiger and rose is over then maybe I'll give this a watch. I remember ZYC being the Crown Prince's cousin in Royal Nirvana (but I ff so many scenes and skipped 2/3 of the drama due to excessive crying scenes by Luo Jin) and I remember his character being a funny, loyal and upright person. So yeah will most probably watch this one later.

Let us know what you think. I managed to get through the whole series due to the ML but can completely understand people dropping the drama too. For Royal Nirvana apparently lots of ZYC scenes were cut/censored.

Read this from mydramalist comments:

The author only praised Zheng Ye Cheng twice throughout the entire drama without mentioning other casts or the filming team. The author also praised the osts. Readers were disappointed with the filming team because from bts and teaser pictures, it is obvious that they have deleted tonnes of ML and FL scenes from the novel and add lots of unnecessary scenes for 2nd ML and 2nd FL along with their parents stories. This makes the story goes draggy and unable to support the main story plot for both ML and FL. If you ask china audience their feedback on the drama, Zheng Ye Cheng is the major reason they are willing to pay money to buy and watch the drama until last episode because of his acting skills and own dubbed voice. This is not the first time ZYC scenes got deleted as a ML in his drama. It happens in AAN Oriental Odyssey and Royal Nirvana as well. Both An Oriental Odyssey and Love of Thousand Years were sponsored by company where they own the 2nd FL ML artists. Royal Nirvana is due to China recent policy, his character will rebel against the King therefore his scenes were cut. 

and 

Due to China government policy, the rebellious along with other essential and sensitive story plots were deleted (12 episodes in total!). His role in Royal Nirvana plays a major role for the rebellion arc and got praised by director, unfortunately majority of the scenes were cut and we have no luck to watch it. >.<”

Gosh I need to look for a new drama after ROTAR too... any recs for dramas with nice swoony ML’s? Need to be able to emote with eyes type. 

On 5/23/2020 at 10:16 PM, Adidaem said:

She is really good in the new drama. I feel like her image is good for comedies but do agree that she needs to go for other dramas so she doesn’t get typecast. 

Kinda regret not waiting for all the Tiger and Rose episodes to air before starting the drama... waiting is so hard lol. 

For ZYC you can see his upcoming dramas here:

https://mydramalist.com/people/12780-zheng-ye-cheng

He has a costume drama that may come out in 2021. Hope is good and that he doesn’t get conned out of his ML screen time again. 

aww he’s only supporting character in Mirror City.

the other one about the Princess sounds interesting.

ZYC has such unfair treatment. I’m surprised his fans didn’t riot or complain.

@chsaf give 3,000 Crows a try you won’t regret it. Fu Yun Jin is the one best character of all the Cdrama that I have seen. You’ll fall hard for him too. lol

5 hours ago, Winterfairy said:

aww he’s only supporting character in Mirror City.

the other one about the Princess sounds interesting.

ZYC has such unfair treatment. I’m surprised his fans didn’t riot or complain.

From what I’ve read, his fans have been really unhappy but he was under contract so not much they can do plus he doesn’t have the sort of rabid fanbase that can really raise a huge ruckus. Thankfully he ended his contract and now is self managed so hopefully things will improve. 

He is the 2ML in Mirror City so it isn’t so bad since it’s a major production. Hopefully his role is good so that he will finally break out. And for some men they mature like fine wine so ok he still has time. :D

The comments about his acting/role in Royal Nirvana was really interesting. Apparently he was the original choice for the role but had a scheduling conflict and so someone else was casted for the role but the acting wasn’t up to scratch so when ZYC schedule cleared he was asked to go and try again and the director was happy with his acting. Shame so much of his scenes eventually got cut. Not watching that since I don’t usually enjoy heavy shows but I did watch a cut scene clip compilation of ZYC just cos it’s him. Clearly haven’t gotten out of JY daren’s spell :wub:

22 hours ago, Adidaem said:

Let us know what you think. I managed to get through the whole series due to the ML but can completely understand people dropping the drama too. For Royal Nirvana apparently lots of ZYC scenes were cut/censored.

Read this from mydramalist comments:

The author only praised Zheng Ye Cheng twice throughout the entire drama without mentioning other casts or the filming team. The author also praised the osts. Readers were disappointed with the filming team because from bts and teaser pictures, it is obvious that they have deleted tonnes of ML and FL scenes from the novel and add lots of unnecessary scenes for 2nd ML and 2nd FL along with their parents stories. This makes the story goes draggy and unable to support the main story plot for both ML and FL. If you ask china audience their feedback on the drama, Zheng Ye Cheng is the major reason they are willing to pay money to buy and watch the drama until last episode because of his acting skills and own dubbed voice. This is not the first time ZYC scenes got deleted as a ML in his drama. It happens in AAN Oriental Odyssey and Royal Nirvana as well. Both An Oriental Odyssey and Love of Thousand Years were sponsored by company where they own the 2nd FL ML artists. Royal Nirvana is due to China recent policy, his character will rebel against the King therefore his scenes were cut. 

and 

Due to China government policy, the rebellious along with other essential and sensitive story plots were deleted (12 episodes in total!). His role in Royal Nirvana plays a major role for the rebellion arc and got praised by director, unfortunately majority of the scenes were cut and we have no luck to watch it. >.<”

Gosh I need to look for a new drama after ROTAR too... any recs for dramas with nice swoony ML’s? Need to be able to emote with eyes type. 

True, Royal Nirvana was a victim of butchered editing since they had to reduce the episodes. I liked ZYC there and I like Luo Jin too, except that the drama was too dark and heavy with too many ML crying scenes I just couldn't watch everything and ended up skipping 2/3 of it.

So I'm looking forward to 3000 crows, especially since I've become a ZLS fan from watching her in tiger & rose. Good actress, able to portray emotions whether happy or sad and she's got great comedic timing too. 

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2020] Love of Thousand Years 三千鸦杀

Archived