[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2020] Love of Thousand Years 三千鸦杀

sugarplum892

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, arcchidus said:

@Winterfairy Basically the spoilers I lay out earlier was a summary of the epilogue. That's all the explanation we were given. I have hopes they will try to explain this sooner in the show though since I think they will end where the main story ends. 

I think they probably follow the book. Just hope they will explain and expand more on why he fall for her. I can see that as perhaps is “death” scene lol.

@WinterfairyYou get a sense from the BTS of what the fans are saying, because the poor girl kept joking about her "fat" face and how the production team and fans called her "baby fat face" and misunderstand the fact she eats too much.

One of the reason why she is getting fat shamed a bit is because in the book the girl character is supposed to have a shinny face, so her looks doesn't fit what a lot of fans imagined.

I'm still far behind... ep 13-14 was so cute. finally a kiss haha. im falling deeper in love with both of them :heart:

Yea we all love Fu Jiuyun character here. he's perfect and everything but what is his mission in this series? lol 

he just want her to live a happy life by his side that's it?

lol the bts video was too short. I want to see their expression after they kiss lol. 

So it looks like if you pay you can see the finale. Here's some spoilers I saw on Chinese forums:

Happy ending. It ends similar to how I imagined - JW showed up.

They changed the story a bit and the show's plot is more convoluted than what's in the book. in the show JW is the wick of the lamp and not just the spirit birth from the lamp, so it just makes less sense that he can come back after the lamp is extinguished.

Also apparently they added in some love triangle (groan why???), and added a whole thing about JW fighting against the main girl.

Finally, a big complain was that JW wasn't in the show enough. Too much screen time for guy 2. (lol){/spoiler]

On 4/2/2020 at 9:13 PM, arcchidus said:

I do really like the two girls in the show aren't complete antagonists. It makes it better. Women shouldn't all be driven crazy because they are love rivals. That's just bad writing.

Yes.  I do appreciate that.  I am so tired of dramas where the other females only purpose is as crazy, love rivals.

On 4/4/2020 at 7:28 AM, tovsleeptov said:

Ooh I'm in love with Fu Juiyun character at the moment! :kiss_wink:

I thought the first 8 eps was really well done. I kinda had high expectation for this series. until I watch 4 more eps today, it was okay. a little let down but still liking it..... well this is not some high budget series anyway. I can over look the flaw in writing. I gotta say the female lead is adorable and brave. but her martial arts is way too weak for a big task that she's taking. it would've been much better if they make her a bit tougher. 

im still loving it. I can over look the plots and just enjoying the main lead interaction. this series have really nice romance and im always in for the romance. :)

I feel similarly.  I had high expectations after the first few episodes but I'm up to episode 14 now and I'm finding the drama kind of mediocre and ....flat.  I'm just not really interested in the story or the characters and, tbh, I'm  still kind of confused about what exactly is going on:flushed:.  I do like Zhao Lu Si but I wish her character wasn't such a damsel in distress always having to be rescued by someone.  The stakes are so high and she talks a big game but like @Dundee said she just seems kind of useless.  Doesn't seem like she picked up much from training with her shifu aise from making those paper animals.

On 4/9/2020 at 3:02 AM, arcchidus said:

I feel so bad for the actress cause they keep fat shaming her and she is obviously not fat. :(

Ugh:angry: I hope she doesn't let it get to her. You can see when she is modern clothes that she has a very slim figure. She has a little chub on her face but it's cute and will keep her looking young! The way they fat shame these totally fine young actresses.  No wonder so many of the C-actresses are so unnaturally thin.  

I am so distracted by Zheng Yecheng's make-up.  I find it very noticeable as his face is so much obviously whiter than his neck! Like, couldn't they have at least blended his neck too? :lol:

@arcchidus 

Spoiler

So glad it happen ending that all I care lol, the novel will make up for the lame directing and writing. I will ready it to get closure lol. But seriously more love triangle? Both girls in this show got their own triangle already, what’s the writers playing at? -_-

@raziela hi, good to see you here.

totally agrees with you about damsel in distress thing, but she did improve later.

Spoiler

Or at least she tried lol. I blame the write for writing her faith as a failure in all her plan. :joy:

On 4/9/2020 at 9:02 AM, arcchidus said:

I feel so bad for the actress cause they keep fat shaming her and she is obviously not fat. :(

I like ZLS, she’s cute. I regulary check about this drama in Weibo, eventhough I not completely understand, but I saw some videos of ZLS and all the actors, but seems she has more video with the guy who plays as ErMeng

20 hours ago, arcchidus said:

So it looks like if you pay you can see the finale. Here's some spoilers I saw on Chinese forums:

Hide contents

Happy ending. It ends similar to how I imagined - JW showed up.

They changed the story a bit and the show's plot is more convoluted than what's in the book. in the show JW is the wick of the lamp and not just the spirit birth from the lamp, so it just makes less sense that he can come back after the lamp is extinguished.

Also apparently they added in some love triangle (groan why???), and added a whole thing about JW fighting against the main girl.

Finally, a big complain was that JW wasn't in the show enough. Too much screen time for guy 2. (lol){/spoiler]

Who is the guy 2?

Sorry but honestly I dislike XZ. She’s just like a decent and pure woman who play as victim and claim that she do all the bad things for her love. Seriously I don’t like that kind of character, so I dislike her from beginning. Her life is full of jealousy and that’s why she think she only need to be good and loyal to her love, and blame & hate other girl who likes her man or other girl who her man likes.... So honestly I really want her dead like in the story. Just let her die and vanish alone, and forgotten forever...

I already watched the preview of ep 30. I hope that’s the real meeting with JY. But suddenly I remember folks story that JY and QC heard in episode 14? Love story between immortal and mortal, King Yan and the fairy... It’s similiar with them, but reverse position... King Yan couldn’t leave his people eventhough to get together with his love. Same with QC, she prefer to sacrifice her life for her people than together with JY right?

Yeah..... this series has weak plots and nothing much to it. it's the main lead romance that keep me going. the only problem with the female lead is that she's too weak. but she's a pretty good actress and her character is likable. for Fu Jiuyun character, ooh man I can watch him all day :wub:... these day its hard to find a good male lead in Chinese series for me to swoon over lol. for now im just gonna enjoy their romance. I'll over look the light plots and flaws.. just give me another 30 episodes more of Xiao Chuan and Fu Jiuyun I'll still watch it xD 

@tovsleeptov For sure. I will overlook bad editing and directing if it means I can stare at Fu Jiuyun in a few more costumes.

@Winterfairy The love triangle is more between the 2 guys than the 2 girls I think. The main isn't THAT interested in romance (haha)

3 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

Who is the guy 2?

Well based on what I gathered from forums (I haven't seen the episodes yet, I am waiting for youtube to catch up before I continue)

Her cousin

@arcchidus Fu Jiuyun is cool and romantic. it's like he cant keep his eyes of Xiao Cheun. from the beginning he always looking at her. ugh he keeps staring at her with that loving eyes awww :wub: his character is my type lmao!

once in awhile I came across a male character like him. some series where the male lead trying to play it cool but make me cringe with their stiff and awkward acting. while Fu Jiuyun can do it effortlessly. his expression, body language and his voice I like it all. i hope to see him land in a big project in the future. i'll be looking forward to see his next drama. ugh I don't want this one to end yet! 

Archived