Broadcast Period: 3/19/2019

Cast:

Zhao Yi Qin

Li Jia Qi

Li Ge Yang

Stephanie Xu

Dong Yan Lei

Synopsis:

A story about the naivety of young love, the pureness, and beauty of friendship and the warmth of family surrounding a group of friends. 
Su Can Can loves learning about literary works. In her adolescence, she meets her best friends. Xu Mei Li is lively and cheerful, Lan Tian Ye is handsome and uninhibited, Lin Jia Ze is gentle and refined, Tao Ya Ting is beautiful and melancholic. 
In their journey, they have many little secrets and many worries. Whether in high school or in college, Su Can Can has collected many unforgettable memories. When she turned 28, she looks around and realizes that the people with her when she was 18 are still the same people around her now.
(Source: chinesedrama.info)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

My Youth 等等啊我的青春 Raw Episodes

Click here to request the Viki license!

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l LavelyShai

• 3 weeks later...

Very very beautiful drama.  I don't know why this did not get the attention from the viewer's.  The OTP's are the best especially the main leads.  And it is getting slowly subbed by one of the blog, I suppose.  I can't contain my curiosity and watched it raw even though I did not understand a word and its worth it.

Here is the m/v of the main OTP where they start as tablemates, friends, lovers......... rest you have to watch.  It's good worth watching even though it seems to look like the normal high school drama.  It's more than that. 

Cr: as tagged

It is getting subbed? Yay! I really enjoyed it. I think it is hard to shine out from all those youth dramas. Since it is nothing really special it doesn't stick out and for me unfortunately the leading actress is pretty bad. She still needs a lot to learn but at least her character is likeable, so it is okay. 

• 4 months later...

Good news! This drama is now available at Netflix.  I'm hoping NF will be doing the subs because the youtube ones were not that great. 

https://www.netflix.com/title/81197399

EDIT: Yay! Netflix did their own subs which are easier to understand than the YT. 

The drama is also available with English subs at Youtube and Amazon Prime Video for those that can't access Netflix, although I find the subs there not as good as NF. 

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRBClVey5Bqxg4rSNJqfuWMQ6nzp6DkVy

Amazon Prime Video: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W5K6WKR/ref=atv_feed_catalog&tag=iw_prime_tv-20&ref_=asc_homepage

On 4/23/2019 at 4:55 PM, usagi1997 said:

It is getting subbed? Yay! I really enjoyed it. I think it is hard to shine out from all those youth dramas. Since it is nothing really special it doesn't stick out and for me unfortunately the leading actress is pretty bad. She still needs a lot to learn but at least her character is likeable, so it is okay. 

I know what you mean about how it's hard to stand out amongst the sea of youth dramas especially as so many involve similar storylines with academically challenged, plain female lead with a crush on a popular guy.  I have watched this and still had to rewatch a few videos and read the drama summary page to remember who and what this was about.

I thought the leading actress was alright, not amazing but not terrible and I could usually believe her scenes. I actually thought the male lead actor was the much weaker actor in the couple.  He is good looking but his acting can be wooden at times. There were some scenes where I wasn't even sure what emotion he was trying to portray:lol:

I really like the actress who played her best friend.  She has impressed me in two dramas now (this and My Huckleberry Friends) and I keep hoping to see her with a lead role.  I also thought it was ridiculous we were supposed to believe she was the plain friend.  i guess because she had quirky fashion sense or something compared to perfect, elegant Ya Ting.:blink:

The second male lead played by Li Ge Yang was so charming!  He really was the embodiment of sunny, golden boy and I could totally understand why the female lead crushed on him.  My heart broke for him the end but his character was so frustrating in his inaction so he deserved to lose the girl :(  Maybe he will end up with Ya Ting?

6 hours ago, raziela said:

I thought the leading actress was alright, not amazing but not terrible and I could usually believe her scenes. I actually thought the male lead actor was the much weaker actor in the couple.  He is good looking but his acting can be wooden at times. There were some scenes where I wasn't even sure what emotion he was trying to portray:lol:

I really like the actress who played her best friend.  She has impressed me in two dramas now (this and My Huckleberry Friends) and I keep hoping to see her with a lead role.  I also thought it was ridiculous we were supposed to believe she was the plain friend.  i guess because she had quirky fashion sense or something compared to perfect, elegant Ya Ting.:blink:

The second male lead played by Li Ge Yang was so charming! 

True but since the FL is the main character it is difficult for me when the actress is so average. He was an eyecandy but not really something that was needed to be honest. I wouldn’t have minded if she had ended up with someone showing up the last minute. But you may be right, that it was because he was that weak. I know the actress from other Drama and I see absolutely no progress. So I‘m hard on her.

I really liked the second character actors too. I don’t know why so many Chinese Drama get good or even terrific (okay, not here but I‘m generally speaking) actors for the second line. It makes the first line look even more bad. 

5 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

True but since the FL is the main character it is difficult for me when the actress is so average. He was an eyecandy but not really something that was needed to be honest. I wouldn’t have minded if she had ended up with someone showing up the last minute. But you may be right, that it was because he was that weak. I know the actress from other Drama and I see absolutely no progress. So I‘m hard on her.

I understand. Funnily enough, I have the same experience with the male lead: I saw him in a supporting role in another drama (Accidentally in Love) and his acting was wooden in that and he hasn't improved much.

I found the Su Can Can character quite annoying too but as I was also frustrated by the poor acting from the male lead I didn't notice her acting weaknesses as much :lol:

9 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

I really liked the second character actors too. I don’t know why so many Chinese Drama get good or even terrific (okay, not here but I‘m generally speaking) actors for the second line. It makes the first line look even more bad

I have noticed the same thing about a lot of the supporting actors. I think some actors get lead roles because of their agencies and who has the most support, bigger fanbase and connections rather than who is the most talented. Unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

Just saw there is an epilogue "special edition" mini episode on YouTube with JiaZe and YaTing. Unfortunately, it is not subbed, but someone translated a few lines in the comments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rjjlTNfm50&list=PLRBClVey5Bqxg4rSNJqfuWMQ6nzp6DkVy&index=26&t=0s

EDIT: Epilogue Explained

Spoiler

Here is epilogue with english subs translation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfFyhmSCf5M&feature=youtu.be

On 12/22/2019 at 2:42 AM, Table122000 said:

Just saw there is an epilogue "special edition" mini episode on YouTube with JiaZe and YaTing. Unfortunately, it is not subbed, but someone translated a few lines in the comments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rjjlTNfm50&list=PLRBClVey5Bqxg4rSNJqfuWMQ6nzp6DkVy&index=26&t=0s

EDIT: Epilogue Explained

Reveal hidden contents

Here is epilogue with english subs translation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfFyhmSCf5M&feature=youtu.be

Thank you soooooo much!  I didn't know this epilogue existed.  This has made my day!:grin: 

Jia Ze and Ya Ting had nice chemistry and interactions throughout the drama even just as friends. I think they are very compatible and would make a great couple and so do their matchmakers from the looks like might end up together and I am very much here for it:heart:  They both deserve happy endings too!

23 hours ago, raziela said:

Thank you soooooo much!  I didn't know this epilogue existed.  This has made my day!:grin: 

Jia Ze and Ya Ting had nice chemistry and interactions throughout the drama even just as friends. I think they are very compatible and would make a great couple and so do their matchmakers from the looks like might end up together and I am very much here for it:heart:  They both deserve happy endings too!

Yes, I totally agree. I was hoping for a new romance for both of them so I was really glad to see them end up together at the end as I agree with you that they make a great couple. I just wish that the producers would have included that scene in the final episode as it would have made a great ending scene for those characters and made more sense because Ya Ting had told her father that she was willing to go on bind dates earlier in the final episode.  To be honest, I thought the final ending scene of Su CanCan throwing a letter  through the window to her former self and then hanging around outside the window while we have voiceover of her (older CanCan) reading the letter was weird. I think they could have handled it differently.

4 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Yes, I totally agree. I was hoping for a new romance for both of them so I was really glad to see them end up together at the end as I agree with you that they make a great couple. I just wish that the producers would have included that scene in the final episode as it would have made a great ending scene for those characters and made more sense because Ya Ting had told her father that she was willing to go on bind dates earlier in the final episode.  To be honest, I thought the final ending scene of Su CanCan throwing a letter  through the window to her former self and then hanging around outside the window while we have voiceover of her (older CanCan) reading the letter was weird. I think they could have handled it differently.

I wish they had included it too.  It's less than a minute-not like it would have taken up that much time!  Even if not necessarily ending up together I like that it showed them moving on and finding new beginnings after their heartbreak.  There was something so sad and melancholic about their ending in the drama especially Jia Ze.

I also thought it was strange Xing Yi was tagging along as a plus one during the nostalgic school scenes in the last episode. Just because he was dating Mei Li didn't mean he had to be there.  He had nothing to do with that period of their life and looked really out of place in the scenes.  It should have just been the original 5.

I agree the actual ending scene in the drama was so strange.  It might have made sense if the drama opened with her reading the letter and then it all comes full circle...but the letter part came out of nowhere and the fantastical tone of that scene didn't gel with the rest of the drama at all.

3 hours ago, raziela said:

I wish they had included it too.  It's less than a minute-not like it would have taken up that much time!  Even if not necessarily ending up together I like that it showed them moving on and finding new beginnings after their heartbreak.  There was something so sad and melancholic about their ending in the drama especially Jia Ze.

I also thought it was strange Xing Yi was tagging along as a plus one during the nostalgic school scenes in the last episode. Just because he was dating Mei Li didn't mean he had to be there.  He had nothing to do with that period of their life and looked really out of place in the scenes.  It should have just been the original 5.

I agree the actual ending scene in the drama was so strange.  It might have made sense if the drama opened with her reading the letter and then it all comes full circle...but the letter part came out of nowhere and the fantastical tone of that scene didn't gel with the rest of the drama at all.

Yeah, the final episode definitely had flaws. Why is it that Chinese dramas so often have an unsatisfying ending?  Oh well, at least this drama gave us a happy ending for the OTP. 

20 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Yeah, the final episode definitely had flaws. Why is it that Chinese dramas so often have an unsatisfying ending?  Oh well, at least this drama gave us a happy ending for the OTP. 

I wonder the same thing . You would think the unsatisfying endings would be avoided in C-dramas because they are pre-produced but unfortunately not. I think censorship requirements and government restrictions are a problem and investor and agency politics which influence writing and screen time as well.  Avenue X also discussed how dramas are sold by episode too so dramas are bloated to reach a certain episode account rather than specifically tell a story. 

Tbh, I was not that invested in this OTP by the end.  Su Can Can was annoying me and the lead male's acting was so meh. Also I was too sad for my fave Jia Ze and his heartbreak:bawling:

Archived