[Drama 2019] The Wind Blows, 바람이 분다

0ly40

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@irilight

Orenmanida, chingu! Work and other equally taxing matters are my huge impediments, it has been three years since I last actively participated in discussions here. As such, it makes my heart swell for your remembrance and invitation. 

Although I haven't been watching K-dramas for a little while now, trust that I'd give this a try in the coming week-end for you. The topic seems mature and a little intricate which appeal a lot to me, not to mention that the cast is also inviting.

I hope you and uri chingudeul will find joy and delight in watching The Wind Blows.  :heart:

Kamsahamnida!

Watched ep 1 woth sub. It's a drama for matur audience because it's about marriage problems. getting vasectomy.   SJ wants to have a child. DH doesn't want. At the start of their marriage they were sweet to each other and talk about having children but  you know how it is when you're married for several years now  you're not lonmger bf/gf so the sweetness and promises gone.  SH had miscarriage- probably due to husband and stress.  DH is most time drunk and impatient and bossy.

We're not given hints if he knows that he's got  the beginning of Alzeimhers disease. Though SH asked one scene if he's got one and then he also receive a call from the sushi shop saying he forgot the food. Strain in the marriage is and DH attitue SJ attitude. She wanting to get pregnant. Him, oppose  to it. The ending. he got a vasectomy... tied tube. Told the SH which shock and hurt her. She serve him with divorce paper but DH think it's getting out of hand and doesn't believe her.

In real life when husband gets a vasectomy,  that is senstive decisiom that should be talked out escpailly with the wife. In this case DH just got one wihtut even talking it with the wife who wanted to try one more time to have child.  So I'm thinking.. maybe he knows already that he's got the symptoms?

On 4/29/2019 at 9:12 AM, Carmarie said:

@irilight  Thank you for the heads up.  This drama looks interesting.  I will be sure to check it out.

@Carmarie, thank you for your response....   I hope this drama is as good as it seems.!

On 5/2/2019 at 6:20 PM, tiMadam said:

@irilight thanks.  I will check it out when it comes out.

@tiMadam,super. Thank you for your response.

On 5/9/2019 at 9:51 PM, jongski said:

I guess he didn't want the wife to suffer with him hence  after finding out the disease, he decided to divorce her

@jongski, yes. And we saw a similar theme in his last drama - "Should we Kiss First" with Kim Sun-Ah, although there is was not about Alzheimer.  This notion sort of defeats the "For Better or Worse" notion in my mind.

On 5/18/2019 at 6:15 PM, ktcjdrama said:

@irilight Thanks for the shoutout... I am in! ;) 

@ktcjdrama, oh, I am so happy you are in,  and thank you much for your response.  :)

On 5/27/2019 at 1:51 AM, jongski said:

Premiers tonight 9:30 KST. Ready for later.

Looks like Viki has decided to premier it today only. Maybe because it was Memorial Day yesterday.
Sadly, they have not even uploaded the first episode yet,  which means that it is most unlikely we will see subs today.

18 hours ago, macaronsandsakuratea said:

Orenmanida, chingu! Work and other equally taxing matters are my huge impediments, it has been three years since I last actively participated in discussions here. As such, it makes my heart swell for your remembrance and invitation

Although I haven't been watching K-dramas for a little while now, trust that I'd give this a try in the coming week-end for you. The topic seems mature and a little intricate which appeal a lot to me, not to mention that the cast is also inviting. 

@macaronsandsakuratea,  Thank you for responding, and for willingness to give a try to this drama. I hope it is as good as it looks.  And I will be thrilled with your participation here  :wub:

8 hours ago, jongski said:

Watched ep 1 woth sub

@jongski, your Korean must be really god to understand all that!

I'll wait for subs from Viki.  I have no idea why they have not yet uploaded the first episode.

I thought they usually upload them in the mornings?

Viki has uploaded the first episode now, and started subbing it.  They are already at 50%.
So it seems that Viki decided to treat this drama as a Wed-Thurs. Drama.  Maybe it has something to do with availability of the subbers.
   ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

[Photos] New Stills Added for the Korean Drama "The Wind Blows"

photo1067160.jpg

New stills added for the Korean drama "The Wind Blows" (2019).

Directed by Jeong Jeong-hwa, Kim Bo-kyung-III

Written by Hwang Joo-ha

Network: jTBC

With Kam Woo-sung, Kim Ha-neul, Kim Sung-cheol, Kim Ga-eun, Lee Joon-hyuk-I, Yoon Ji-hye,...

16 episodes - Mon, Tue 21:30
Synopsis
A romantic story about a man and a woman who fall in love again, protecting the memories of yesterday and the love of tomorrow.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2019/05/27

photo1067165.jpg

Spoiler

photo1067164.jpg

photo1067162.jpg

Spoiler

fullsizephoto1067161.jpg

photo1067159.jpg

photo1067158.jpg

Spoiler

photo1067157.jpg

photo1067156.jpg

photo1067163.jpg

source

May 29, 2019

HanCinema's News 

Kim Ha-neul Returns With "The Wind Blows"

By William Schwartz HanCinema.net

photo1067241.jpg

Kim Ha-neul, the Queen of Melos as she has been nicknamed, has returned to the small screen with "The Wind Blows". This marks her first drama appearance in three years, the last one being "Road to the Airport" in 2016.

Kim Ha-neul first started her career off as a model in 1996, eventually obtaining a debut as the lead actress in "Bye June" back in 1998. The movie did not do well, but after a popular appearance in the music video 'To Heaven' by Jo Sung Mo her profile improved dramatically.

Kim Ha-neul, as well as Lee Byung-hun and Song Seung-heon, got their careers launched by the popular drama "Happy Together" in 1998. "Into the Sunlight" also improved her visibility in 1999, in addition to that of her co-star Jang Hyuk. "Ditto" in 2000 reunited her with "Bye June" co-star Yoo Ji-tae, and improved her credibility as a serious actress.

After more television melodramas Kim Ha-neul expanded to comedic roles with the films "My Tutor Friend" in 2003, "Too Beautiful To Lie" in 2004, and "My Girlfriend is an Agent" in 2009, and "You Pet" in 2011. Kim Ha-neul dipped into action thriller territory with "Blind" in 2011.

Kim Ha-neul's work has a reputation for acquiring devoted fans, even if it never manages to hit the superstar ratings that might be expected of a star of her calibre. Though she has attempted a wide variety of projects over the years, she has never been able to shed the image of being primarily a melodrama actress.

This may be part of the reason for her break - although married life and giving birth last May were likely more relevant personal factors. In "The Wind Blows", she plays a designer who is determined to divorce her husband of five years, played by Kam Woo-sung. At eight years her senior, Kam Woo-sung is the oldest leading man Kim Ha-neul has ever worked with.

It's difficult to guess how well "The Wind Blows" will do, though its opening ratings have been strong. In any case, Kim Ha-neul's performance is expected to be the big selling point of the project.

Written by William Schwartz

8 minutes ago, TRAN said:

Seems like not many people like this drama. I like it. I like the main leads. I wish they will resolve their issues and stay together at the end.

I'm watching it. It's hard for couple to stay married esp if one is suffering with alzheimers.. but..in 'sickness and in health' they should be together but..there's the concequence and suffering of the partner....so ultimately one will make a decision which will make it easier... or not.

27 minutes ago, TRAN said:

Seems like not many people like this drama. I like it. I like the main leads. I wish they will resolve their issues and stay together at the end.

I'm putting it on hold till more episodes are out and see how it goes. To be honest, I thought it was rather slow that after 2 episodes they're not divorced yet and Female Lead looking for ways to divorce... I was anticipating a story of reconciliation, ie. 6 years after the divorce, instead of a How To Get A Divorce 101 story.

I do have a slight complaint too about her reason for asking for a divorce. She wants to have a child, so why not consider adoption? What will she do after divorce? Find a man to get married and then get pregnant? Is it easy to find a new man to love and get married to? Or it doesn't matter to her whom her partner is as long as they can have children? And it also seems that she has difficulty conceiving, that she has had miscarriage a few times? So I don't see how seeking a divorce can get her nearer to the goal of having children... That's another reason I'm putting this on hold for the time being.

On 6/5/2019 at 1:30 PM, TRAN said:

I like the drama, too.   I was not so sure about the first three episodes, BUT I love episode 4!!!  Both leads are  good.  Especially, Gam Woo-Sung's sad smiles made me cry.  My heart ached for them.   I heard that the story in 2014 would be over in Ep5.  The main story at the present time will start next week.  I look forward to the upcoming story and hope good things will happen to this unlucky couple. 

2019060817153916920-768x429.jpg

JTBC released a short promo clip for Episode 5. 

Summary: This episode is a turning point for Dae-Cheol and Soo-Jin.  There will be a 180 degree change in the relationship.  Please tune in (Source of translation: Wei-Bei)

@0ly40  Thank you for the preview!  I just finished watching Episode 5.  My heart was aching for the couple.  Love the acting of Gam Woo-Sung as always.  Although Dae-Cheol lied to Soo-Jin to protect her, he might have gone a bit too much.  Anyway, this drama motivated me think of Alzheimer's disease.  My hearts go to people with Alzheimer's disease and their families.  It may be the cruelest disease ever.  

01.19851952.1.jpg

At first I thought it will be a dark melodrama but after eps 1, surprisingly have some comedic parts, and the supporting characters are interesting, the setting is pretty bright too.

is there anyone watching this drama? so hard to find tweets about this drama even when you try to search tweets with casts name, eg, Kim Ha Neul. I think The Wind Blows not popular within global fans because the senior actor casts and mature/married relationship theme as the plot. that's why it less attract the young kdrama fans.

The main couple is pathetic but i found the story is interesting and i like the development so far. cannot wait to watch eps 5-6 this weekend. I saw some spoiler on Ig, so the setting is fast forward to 6 years later after the divorce. is Do hoon finally cured from the Alzheimer or how?? so curious..

As a die hard fan of Gam Woo-Sung, I am enjoying this drama very much!  This drama showcased Gam Woo-Sung's a wide range of facial expressions and emotions.  He made me cry in Episode 6.  Epic!  

For those who were struggling with the first few episodes, I suggest you to start with Episode 4.  It felt like two different dramas!  The first 2 episodes were slow and somewhat out of focus.   Starting with Episode 4, the pace is faster and story is much focused. Especially, both leads are doing excellent jobs.  The audience is riding an emotional roller coaster with them.    

Here are photos from Episode 6 
201906120939176710_1.jpg

Archived