Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Aide/Chief of Staff Season 1& 2, 보좌관

Done with episode 9. I like the sense of urgency. I like the slow pace when it came time with  TJ lying in bed not waking up. I like how the director  and writer mange to make it with feelings without going over the top for each characters. 

From SY squeezing his hand, a brief flashback to remember the days when they she made promise to be there for him in this fight.  From HW face of worry and hope,  whpering the words to TJ  they are in this together from the very start.. brief flashback of TJ journey from becoming Aide, to scenes of him with former assemb Lee promise to continue the fight on and pledge to get rid of corrup politicians and the system. From the father of TJ getting all emotional ( as it should be and the case) seing his son unconscious. The different emotions  shown from  the characters close to TJ.

And when TJ woke up from coma and called Song.. I actually  YES! and sad I love TJ. And when he met Song, he was in total control. Song playing it cool but he's flustered and nervous and he shoud be. The files and evidence of slush fund and the favors done to politicians, TJ and his staff got them alreadt. Thanks to how smart SY is.

Song tried to have her arrested, they suspect  they knew there has to be  files somewhere  and ask prosecutors to  go after SY.. in the cemetery of all places! Files was already fax through to their TJ office. Song's going to be expose and TJ and SY willing to  not get reelected  if it means exposing the truth. They've come this far,.. this has to be done.

Throughout this season SY my favorite, she hasthe diligence, the smarts, the urgency,  she is a fighter, she takes risk. She goes up agains't the powerful. She knows her politics and ehat to do. I admire SY cause she never gave up and continue to find ways  to bring poerwful  chairman Sung and Min. Justice Song.. to  be expose as corrupt leaders.

Last episode just aired.Waiting for the sub tomorrow.  Lets see what happesn then. How it's going to wrap up.

• Like 5

“Chief Of Staff” Cast Says Goodbye As Season Two Comes To An End

Dec 10, 2019
by S. Park

1af512149236499f9faeed9eeeced6bc.jpeg?s=

The cast of “Chief of Staff” has said goodbye to the series!

Season One of the political drama aired from June 14 to July 13, while Season 2 aired from November 11 to December 10.

Lee Jung Jae made headlines when he announced his return to the small screen for the first time in 10 years as the lead of “Chief of Staff.” In the role of Jang Tae Joon, he told the story of his character’s development from a political aide to a member of the National Assembly. He said, “Thank you to the viewers who loved [the drama] for the long time of six months starting from season one. I was happy acting as Jang Tae Joon, who challenged himself and changed during each episode.”

Shin Min Ah portrayed skilled female politician Kang Sun Young and made a successful transformation as an actress. She said, “‘Chief of Staff’ was a process of challenging myself to play a character I had not been able to experience until now, and it was a project that was a big honor because I was able to act with many senior actors. I won’t be able to forget the experience of receiving lots of support from viewers as the confident, politically skilled Kang Sun Young. I sincerely thank all of the actors and each and every member of the staff who worked together.”

Lee Elijah appeared as the political aide Yoon Hye Won, who led the office and its employees. She said, “I’ll cherish the emotions and moments of your love for ‘Chief of Staff’ and Yoon Hye Won in my heart like a piece of poetry. I sincerely thank the director, actors, writers, and staff.”

Kim Dong Jun portrayed Han Do Kyung, who chronicled his personal and professional growth from a clumsy intern to a professional secretary. He said, “It feels strange because it’s a drama I participated in for six months. It was a drama that I will remember every moment of, and a drama where I really worked hard during every second and scene. I’ll become an actor who acts sincerely with the many experiences I learned through this drama.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1370728wpp/chief-of-staff-cast-says-goodbye-as-season-two-comes-to-an-end

• Like 4

“VIP” And “Chief Of Staff” Set New Personal Bests In Viewership Ratings

Dec 11, 2019
by C. Hong
fff775e1d62242dd917ed5760604b544.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “VIP” has held on to its top spot in the Monday-Tuesday time slot while JTBC’s “Chief of Staff” went out on a high note!

According to Nielsen Korea, the finale of “Chief of Staff” recorded average nationwide ratings of 5.34 percent. This is a personal best not only for the second season, but it also just edges out its personal best from the first season (5.314 percent).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1370796wpp/vip-and-chief-of-staff-set-new-personal-bests-in-viewership-ratings

• Like 4

Gonna start the finale shortly . Has been another incredible ride . One of the best written dramas this year . sorry that it is under appreciated here on Soompi

Final BTS and goodbyes 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

What a brilliant way to end this long journey.  I was crying and laughing , and at the end of the day felt really satisfied with how everything wrapped up. 

In the final battle, Song tried to stop TJ being part of the hearing / audit by getting TJ arrested for getting inside information from the police .  Hye Won  steps up and tells TJ that she will take the blame,  and that he had no knowledge of the information / documents. They had no choice but take this route to buy TJ some time . However ,this was not enough as they still needed to find the connection btwn Song and Chairman Sung , and the key lies in finding bearer bonds that Song has ( these bonds provided funds for all the political lobbying that Song has been doing) . TJ asked Song's driver for help and the driver ( whom we all knew from a long time ago had always been on TJ's side) gave him all the log books of everywhere that Song had been to  in the last decade or so. 

Of course it was a mammoth task to find clues from the logs, but TJ had a plan...get Song to reveal the place. So the driver had told TJ that Song was already suspicious of him ..but TJ tells the driver to actually tell Song that he had given TJ the log books and that TJ was looking for the bonds. Song fell for the trap as he quickly asked Prosecutor Seo to get the bonds from the bank.  Meanwhile at the hearing it seems all was lost as TJ could not prolong it any further . Song walked out happy thinking that he got away with it. But again this was a trap by TJ as TJ asked him clearly if he had any links to these funds and if he had the bonds .....to which Song ( in front of the whole world ) said no. Of course , Prosecutor Choe was already tailing Prosecutor Seo and they caught Seo who had the bonds with him.  As Song walked out , the news of Seo's capture made headlines. Song was now caught red handed for lying to everyone ! Well played.  It was superb because this was the exact method that TJ used to defeat Song's former rival assemblyman / minister in Season 1.

But I started tearing up  (after Song was taken away)  when TJ approached the driver and thanked the latter . The driver said it was because for once he wanted to do things right  and that he will always root for TJ. That really hit home for me because at that moment I knew that TJ would do exactly that.  Throughout the episodes  especially in S1 , we have seen TJ give up and lose a lot in his journey to becoming an Assemblyman. He had often resorted to less than ethical methods in getting things done , and more often than not we question whether the ends justify the means. In fact this was something his good friend and mentor ,  the late Assemblyman Lee had asked him prior to his death. TJ decided that he needed to take responsibility for all that he had done in the past . So he called for  a press conference to admit to all the accusations made against him and resigned.  I could not help myself but I cried at that moment.  It was so emotional.

He also asked SY to run for Seongjin in the coming election  and finish the good fight that Lee had started. With TJ's admission,  HW was set free. I teared up again after TJ's presscon when Do Kyung runs up to him to apologise for misunderstanding him in the past and finally understanding his true intentions. They have indeed come full circle.

The drama than gives the best ending. Fast forward 3 months ...SY is with her Chief of Staff Lee and DK  working hard campaigning for Seongjin .They lead in the polls as they find dirt on the rival for the seat. Hye Won has gone back to being the amazing reporter that she once was -  she asked Prosecutor Choe some tough questions , to which he gave  a good answer . Choe continues to uphold justice regardless of whether it is politicians or chaebol firms that he has to go up against. HW bumps into Yang who now has become the Head of the Chief of Staff for SY. I laughed when he asked HW out for dinner only for her to reject him with a wink and says she has plans . And of course I was so pleased her plans was none other than meeting DK who had come to give her some material. The conversation than followed with them deciding to address each other less formally, giving hints of potential romance. That was good enough for me.

We mustn't forget our  baddies who got their  due punishment. OWS made a final tearful call to his daughter before cooperating to testify against Song. Song and Sung were seen in court. I think Song got 15 years in prison ...and here I laughed my head off as he became angry and delusional cursing away at the judge . It was a most perfect end for him.

They definitely saved the best for last. I was sad that TJ had to end his political career...it was a waste of his heart,  talent and capabilities.  In the last scene the Chief Presidential Secretary met up with TJ and asked him to come and aid the President. AND  the best compliment for TJ was that the president had chosen TJ himself....the Secretary says that the President would be calling him shortly.....and he did . (I wanna insert a clap emoticon here.)  Woah!!!!!  Does this mean there's a chance for S3 with TJ as the Chief of Staff for the President? 

I want a Season 3 so badly now. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

@triplem  Thank you. Heart you for the recap post. Wow! I'm excited to watch the last episode for season 2.

OMG!  are they reading our post here? because...... two days ago I said.....

Edit: forgot this is pre produced.

On 12/9/2019 at 4:10 PM, jongski said:

I want to see Shin Min  Ah in a powerful elected position in the Blue House. And perhaps TJ as Chief of Staff.. but this time to a president?  But TJ  has to live! The  scenarios coming frrom my wanna be writer mind for  this drama.

And now with the president asking to aid him.. to be an aide. Wooooo!

13 hours ago, triplem said:

They definitely saved the best for last. I was sad that TJ had to end his political career...it was a waste of his heart,  talent and capabilities.  In the last scene the Chief Presidential Secretary met up with TJ and asked him to come and aid the President. ANnd the best compliment for TJ was that the president had chosen TJ himself....the Secretary says that the President would be calling him shortly.....and he did . (I wanna insert a clap emoticon here.)  Woah!!!!!  Does this mean there's a chance for S3 with TJ as the Chief of Staff for the President? 

I want a Season 3 so badly now. 

You know me.. every post I post.. I keep asking for Season 3. This drama needs a Season 3. This is that type of drama than be a series  and seasons. I really hope for Season 3.  TJ as powerful Chief of Stafff to a sitting pressident... and then eventually running for the postion  in the future! Season 4!  We need to wait  finfers cross.. Seaon 3 will happen because... there's just so many story arcs that will thrive

Going to watch. Thoughts once I'm done.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I am so busy right now but I could not stay away of watching the last two episodes.

So, so great! Such a good drama, with such a satisfying ending.

I was cheering for our good team from the first minute to the end. They had a tough job but they made it. And how I don`t love this show when I got everything. My adrenaline was running wild with each episode, we had multiple turns and twists and I never got frustrated. Not even when the bad guys always got away because our good guys never gave up, they found resourses to fight back. It was a hell of the fight. And Tae Jun lived! And Song and Sung both were defeated. I was emotional to see Tae Jun giving up his dream to be an assembleman who changes the world, but he did the right thing. Seon-Yeong had good chances to get allected again, Tae-Jun supporting her, Hye-Won turning to her first job but continue to be great as well (no wonder three man are looking at her with appreciation). Tae Joon being called by Blue House to receive the offer to be again the chief of staff again. It was a perfect ending. 

I could watch another season anytime. This is the way I want to see another season. Finish a good plot properly and start another good one in the future. I don`t know if there will be another season but I will be happy if they will reunite again.

Kudos to the writer- nim, PD nim, the whole cast and crew for a great show.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Could Aide/ Chief of Staff  Season 3 be possible?

217405_216453_2929.jpg

JTBC  Aide s' viewers are expecting the season 3.

On the 10th, JTBC's' Advisor 'Season 2' shows that Jang Tae-joon (Lee Jung-jae), who actually abandoned the next election, receives a love call from the Blue House.

In particular, it seemed to suggest that the stage of 'Advisor's Season 3' would be the Blue House with the appearance of staring at the Blue House.

Season 3 hasn't been finalized, but it's an open ending if you can.

At the presentation of 'Advisor 2' held on the 7th of last month, PD Kwak Jung-hwan said, “The best thing about the season-based drama is that you can get feedback from people who have watched Season 1.” I was asked a lot of times. I think it's great to be able to do Season 2 with the expectation. ”

In addition, when asked about the possibility of season 3, “Kim Gap-soo wants most. "The goal is very clear next to the minister."

On the other hand, the 'advisor' was planned for the season and finished with season 1 and season 2. However, Jang Tae-joon's challenge remains open, and the possibility for season 3 is also open.

http://www.dailysportshankook.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=217405

The viewers want a third season. The story reached a conclusion but it is possible to be another season. I hope there is another season. As I said, I am not a fan of kdramas being in multiple seasons but I will want to watch another season of Chief of Staff anytime. They finished the 20 episodes in two seasons very well. I hate only when a drama can`t finish the story and they don`t know when they will produce another season. For exemple, I watched a procedural OCN drama Ten/ Special Affairs Team TEN a long time ago. They had season 1 and 2 in 2012, 2013 respectively and season 3 was not produced till today. They did not finish the main case at all. It is very frustrating. I don`t want series like this.

Kudos to the writer of Chief of Staff who wrote a good story from start to finish.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Finally I was able to watch  Ep 10.  Boy that hearing! and this is just a drama. Imagine what it's like  in real life with an on going impeachment. Uh....

I really really enjoyed two seasons of this drama. At first I didn't like just 10 seasons cauf it felt like cliff hanger but being a dorama fan, I didn't mind. I usually find myself bored of dramas after 8 episodes..unless it's really engaging and well written.. otherwise I move to other dramas.

Watching this drama every episode from S1 to S2 it means I was thorroughly engaged and the drama writers was good on how they present this. It's not your usual boring politcal dramas. good actors, good story and writing. The actors  and characters they played are so appropriate for them.  I have discovered  Lee Jung Jae in this drama and he's good.  Also the actors playing HW and DG (sorry I don't know their real names). Anf Shin Min Ah.. so good to see her back. I like that she plays age appropriate characters. I like that her character here is strong smart independent but still has a hear and care for TJ and  cause.

That open ending beckons seaon 3. There should be a season 3. I've said  every post here. TJ going to be right hand man of the president.. That last scene when   he's ask to aid the leader. It means helping out with state affairs. National affairs.

On the 10th, JTBC's' Advisor 'Season 2' shows that Jang Tae-joon (Lee Jung-jae), who actually abandoned the next election, receives a love call from the Blue House.

In particular, it seemed to suggest that the stage of 'Advisor's Season 3' would be the Blue House with the appearance of staring at the Blue House.

I want to see the suffering dowhill progression of Song in season 3.  TJ thriving as Aide of the president...  SY as powerful female leader of the National Assembly.  HW.. she can be press secretary  to the president? (wait.. that's for Season 4!) DG  story arc making it through with all these political sharks and rising throguh and the next best hope of the county.

@triplem@larus Thanks for keeping me company in this thread and sharing posts. We certainly enjoyed this. It's nice to watch a drama void of the usual kdrama trappings. This was serious politcal drama and was enjoyable.  If there is S3, I wouldn't mind a a little bit of of TJ and SY...on a personal level. You know what I mean.

I'm waiting for S3 announcement. Let us know, larus. this same thread too.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, jongski said:

Thanks for keeping me company in this thread and sharing posts. We certainly enjoyed this. It's nice to watch a drama void of the usual kdrama trappings. This was serious politcal drama and was enjoyable. 

Thanks for being here as well. It was nice to have someone to talk about the drama we all enjoyed.

Let see if season 3 will be produced. Of course I will be here in case that happens.

I was familiar with everyone in this drama (major characters). Except for the new guy (the new chief of staff).Maybe in the new season his character will be developed more. 

Before Aide/ Chief of Staff, I saw Lee Jung Jae in two movies (Il Mare and Assasination). I am glad that he will appear in dramas more. I will watch his next work, the Netflix drama. See you there.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Shin Min Ah Talks About Her 2019 + Taking On A New Kind Of Role For “Chief Of Staff”

Dec 20, 2019
by E. Cha

ec8f7a12f733439cb162d9363778d20f.jpeg?s=

In a recent interview and pictorial for Marie Claire magazine, Shin Min Ah looked back on 2019 and her experience filming her latest drama “Chief of Staff.”

Shin Min Ah recently received lots of praise for her starring turn in the JTBC political drama “Chief of Staff,” which finished airing its second season earlier this month. The actress starred in the drama as the strong-willed and intelligent politician Kang Sun Young, and she expressed a great deal of affection for the role.

“[Kang Sun Young] was a character that I was happy to be able to meet through a drama,” said Shin Min Ah.

However, she revealed that the role hadn’t been an easy one to play, recalling, “I worried a lot about how to portray a character who keeps moving forward through many different difficult situations.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1372594wpp/shin-min-ah-talks-about-her-2019-taking-on-a-new-kind-of-role-for-chief-of-staff

• Like 3

Stumbled upon this while searching for some place to discuss this drama. I really enjoyed it! Your discussions really helped me understand parts of the show! Count me in in future drama forums and also for wishing for a Season 3! Thanks for this Larus and everyone else! Chief of Staff was great!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

K-Drama Review: “Chief Of Staff” Weaves Realistic Plot On Politics, Lawmakers & Their Aides

By Lilly | October 12, 2019
20191012_Chief_Of_Staff-660x364.png

With an engrossing script powered by a renowned cast, Chief Of Staff takes a deeper plunge into the world of politics.

Chief Of Staff  highlights how ugly the world of politics can be and how extremely dirty it can get. Throughout the drama, the contemplation of choosing between the right and wrong is raised. Should the protagonist avoid playing by the rules and bend things in his favor to achieve the fast effective results or should he walk in the path of righteousness even if the process is slow?

Boasting of cast known for their acting prowess, Chief Of Staff spins an unpredictable tale of the political battles that takes place continuously. At every step, a lawmaker has to keep thinking at his feet in order to get ahead of his opponents.

Making his comeback in the small screen after ten years, Lee Jung Jae depicts the role of a dynamic chief of staff, Jang Tae Joon, who wants to change the corrupt system. Taking on a different avatar, Shin Min Ah portrays the character of a lawyer turned assemblywoman, Kang Seon Yeong, who is also in a secret relationship with Jang Tae Joon.

Even though they are from opposing parties, Tae Joon and Seon Yeong help each other for achieving their individual goals.

Quick Plot Round Up

Jang Tae Joon is an ambitious individual who works at the National Assembly as an aide for a shrewd politician Song Hui Seop. He is a reliable right-hand man who comes up with strategies to ensure that the politician he is aiding steers ahead of the opponents.

An occurrence of an incident where a lot of innocent people died while he was on duty as a policeman awakened Tae Joon’s urge to change the corrupt system, thus leading him to seek a career in politics.

He aims to become an assemblyman so that he can reform the system. However, he believes that in order for him to move to the top of the hierarchy, he must resort to foul play like the rest of the politicians.

more https://www.hellokpop.com/review/k-drama-chief-of-staff/

• Like 1