[Drama 2019] Aide/Chief of Staff Season 1& 2, 보좌관

larus

@larus @jongski eps 4 was great. TJ as always is able to turn things around. 

Song wanted to use TJ's father as a means to get TJ removed from the seat. The accusations that TJ's father took bribe money was baseless of course , but Song was planning to put pressure on Prosecutor Choe to make it happen. But Song did not foresee that Choe's not one to bow down to political pressure . And Choe takes pride in the fact that he is apolitical to which TJ uses to his advantage. So TJ in his own words decides to walk into the lion's den. He voluntarily submits all his documents/ financial records and lets Choe interrogate him.  But of course TJ had already set things up with the help of Hye Won and his new Chief of Staff,  Yang . Choe gets word that TJ left out records of his safe deposit box.  So the Prosecution goes get the box. This was intentional as TJ wanted the prosecution office to find documents linking Song with Lee Chang Jin etc. So not only did TJ clear his own name, he is getting Song in trouble as well. Choe will now be in a dilemma as he will have to investigate those documents. If Choe does not , he will be known as a political lapdog - which he hates . It was well played. 

And prior to that HW and even SY had advised TJ to perhaps distance himself from the Jaejoon Chemical case. They know that Song is doing this because of pressure from Director Lee for TJ and gang to stop their investigations. But TJ knows that he has do things right this round and refuses to be intimidated. He tells the team to keep investigating and he tells SY that they need to get a National Audit on it. But to do so will require support from the Assemblymen. They lacked the numbers and so the key was to get Jo on their side. Fortunately , TJ has dirt ( a leash as he calls it) on Jo ...and after some negotiations Jo agrees to support the Audit if TJ is able to walk out the interrogation without being charged. So I am hoping in the next eps that Jo will sign it as he was holding a document at the end of the episode.

It was nice seeing both TJ and SY's staff work together .  I have always liked scenes of HW and DK together - like how HW helps DK to see past his idealism and to understand what TJ is trying to do . And in this episode I was pleasantly surprised to see some subtle hints of romance :lol:.  DK , I know has a slight crush on HW...I would definitely entertain the idea of things to develop between the two.

The preview shows that Song or rather Lee is going to play dirty - they are going to use scare tactics - SY's Chief of Staff , Lee gets knocked down by a bike and I am sure that is no accident. Can't wait for next week.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@triplem It's david and goliath when it comes to power shoving but.. entering the lion's den.  TJ is the victor. Stopping that venom and killing with two stones. Not only Song but Choe as well.. then also having alliance ( for now) with Joe. We know TJ will do anything. He is smart politicial man.

Please I want season 3! This neads to have that! which means it's  this political drama is that good!

So I just finished episode 4. When you're smart. You can outwit outplay and show your fangs and venom. TJ went to the lions den, ready and with no fear.  He knew exactly what he needed to do. How to do it. He planned deliberately not giving the document to of what's inside his safety deposit box. He gave all to the prosecution leaving  document that incriminate Song and other corrupt officials. If only you could see the smug satisfied look on my face seeing how it all turned out be.

Song's going to choke on his own venom. He's going to have to spit to survive. Maybe he will have a last gasp..short live one. The it's bye bye Blue House. But then.. that opening scene of Episode 1 someboyd tried to mess and hurt  and run over TJ . Like he said..he will not leave with regret!

Once again I like subtleness of scenes. I love that this is serious political drama void of unnecessary scenes that drags. Credit again to the  writer. 

When  prosecutors showed up at the house of TJ, he was already there  wanting to know what really happened. His father was hurt with accusatory questioning of TJ - explaining he wouldn't do anything jeopardize his son's position. They re both coldheadrted to each other. It's straighforward. No lingering dramatics.  Same when they were both in the interrogation room. Clearly his father was hurt by the mistrust of TJ. When TJ said his father can go leave  and go home,  he also added.. that he trusts his father to which  the fatherr can only snicker with a weary face.

When TJ and SY was talking, she was worried about TJ and told him to focous first with election bribery  he's accused. She told him she'll take care of the audit hearing. TJ was and still focused about joojin chemical and also the audit and told her what they need to do.

When HW DG scenes from the office, to  the bus, it's very subtle but it's a good kind of subtleness. This is what I mean. If this was not serious politicial drama, you'd be seeing romantics. so thumbs up to the writer.

I also appreciate the older actors. Especially the actor playing Song. His acting, from the expression and how his character is supposed to be. The scene  when he was eating with CJ, or when he's inside the car and getting all pisssed at his driver.

I like that  DG the seobok merhants was always to have place to continue selling because he found out TJ made it possible. He wanted to speak to TJ but decided not to.  He still idolize him.

I like all the actors in this drama.

Love all the main cast. This really neesds a season 3.

So many story arc, possibilities, and continuation of politcal moves and power

Tae Jun for President!  Sun Young Chief ofd staff of President (+ partner)

Hye Won as press secretary. Dok Ggyung as chief legal aide?

Hello guys, missed all of you. Been busy but of course not be too busy to watch LJJ in this Season 2's COS. I watched from the time it opened in Netflix and it is even better than season one in terms of suspense. I am so sorry that the first episode confirmed SY's COF died and she suspects murder. That her investigation of the death as murder and not accident did not result in determining her suspicions because of Song's perceived power over the prosecution department. However, that could be short lived. Song after all is not as powerful as he perceives himself to be. His power only goes as far as his corruption influences other corrupt people. He never thought that there are people who live following their moral conscience and people like LJJ who is as creative and gutsy to fight fire with fire. LJJ's fiery blaze though contains hidden icy intelligence like a raging river that could freeze Song's burning ambitions.  Prosecutor Choe now has a choice to live by the reputation of an upright and just prosecutor or a dog of Song. I think he will chose himself and fulfill his duty as the honest and just prosecutor he wants to be. I like the HY and DK pairing. Romance is surely developing but as slowly as a thick syrup pouring . DK is for sure attracted but HY still looks at DK as the naive newbie.  But will she see him as attractive as LJJ when DK starts to become d a force of his own and sheds his newbie-ness? Can't wait for the next episode. I hope the former Assemblyman Lee's name be cleared and his wish to serve the people justly be fulfilled in LJJ and the death of SY's former COS be fully investigated. 

I love, love SY's new COF. She is gutsy, feisty and super intelligent just like TJ and she does not take BS from anyone. There is also HY of course, she is as super smart but quietly. I like that the drama is highlighting intelligent women in this political drama as well. 

What a fantastic drama! Sorry I only started watching 3 days ago.  But finished the whole first season and the recent four episodes already.  Could not stop watching.  One of the best kdramas that I have ever watched, in my 12 year drama watching life. Superb acting, great writing, great casting, great editing, everything....  

Just wanted to say that!

My favorite part from this week episodes was to see that Chief prosecutor Choi Kyung-Cheol was not Song Hee Seob`s man (just how I hoped). I need to see that there are people like him, who won`t lose their principles easily.

The face of Song and later of Lee Chang Jin when Choi Kyung-Cheol did not do what they wanted him to do. :lol:

I also like how Tae Joon entered the lion`s hen to push the investigation further. I know that things will be complicated but at least it was a good move and a little victory for our good guys.

Song, Lee Chang Jin and their horde of corrupt people are getting more desperate. They continue to hurt people who gets in their way.

I hope Lee Ji-Eun will be alright.

I pray fro Tae Joon to be alright in the end of the drama as well. Please, Drama God! Make a miracle!

@40somethingahjumma have a good trip ! Hope to read your thoughts here when you do catch up . S2 has not disappointed so far . :)

———

Eps 5 

Some highlights 

1. Assemblyman Jo kept his word & together with SY got the Audit / Investigative Committee voted in by the rest of the Assemblymen . TJ tells SY she’ll have to run the show for the committee as he’s still under investigation for the bribery case . He’ll back her up 
2. TJ kept his word & returns the “leash” to Jo . Basically it’s a video of Jo taking bribes from some folks who wanted his help to become assemblymen . 
3. Having a committee to investigate JJ Chemicals is not sufficient , the committee needs to be given legislative power to get things done.  TJ knows this & works on getting the support of other assemblymen to vote this in

4. Lee Chang Jin of course isn’t too happy but his big boss Chairman Sung is even more displeased.  Sung  is  the one who financed Song’s journey from those days & makes it clear to Song that he’d need Song to stop the investigation by all means . Song is actually quite scared of the Chairman 

6. Lee Chang Jin goes see SY to warn her ...almost hits her with his car & even grabbed her wrist . What a thug! Fortunately TJ was there & twisted his wrist . 
7. Song is in great dilemma .Presidential Secretary tells Song to support Prosecutor Choe in investigating JJ chemicals. But after the visit  from the Chairman, Song has no choice but to stop the the committee . He tried to lobby with some other politicians but TJ got to them 1st . 
8. Song goes see Jo . Jo refuse to intimidated by Song

9. Hye Won & DJ work closely to  get more witness statements. Hehe  They are hinting at the romance . Subtle but it’s there 

10. next day , Hw , DJ & Ms Lee were suppose to meet a witness, but some masked man on a bike hit Ms Lee on the head with a helmet . Fortunately Ms Lee has no brain haemorrhage but she’s quite seriously injured . SY suspects this is the work of Lee Chang Jin

11. Song is desperate. So he knows he need to take Jo down first . Oh Wan Sik is back from the Philippines & finds dirt on Jo . So they discover about the bribes that Jo got from some Assemblymen . He uses one of this men to tell tale on Jo . So now Jo is being investigated for bribery & since he heads the committee, they have to delay the JJ Chemical investigations . So they can’t interview Lee CJ

Yang,  the new COS , is such a wild card . He’s not happy being sidelined by HW . He’s up to something . What do you guys think ? @larus @jongski @zenya22 @jayakris

So many Ep 6 cuts from JTBC youtube account posting it up so fast! Thank you JTBC. Please season 3 nex year!

Still raw. I'm waiting for the sub again

TJ and is going to make Song and have each others throat! Ep 6 cut

To be honest, I want to see Lee Jung Jung Jae and  Kim Kap Soo win an award for their characters in this drama.

I appreciate good acting from senior actors.  KKS  should win  for his portrayal of Minister song. I like his actions his expression when he' mad, when's being sly, when he's being fooled, when he's irritated, when he's nervous, he nails it. You see from his expression. And Lee Jung Jae.. Can he come back as Tae Jun the President!?   LJJ, I wonder if he's planning (in the future) to run for office in real life. Good acting  we saw that in season 1 now here in season 2. His character is strong, smart. On the get go.

Ep 6

While I wait for ep 6,I just finished ep 5.  I think every post, I'm going to want Season 3. This is one drama that can have continuity.  Please JTBC Netflix!  Each of the characters are important they are not just there for nothing. That driver of Song needs  money. I bet he will do something to get that money urgently, probably  tell TJ someything.

@triplem The the weaker assmebly got scared of Song so he confessed about taking the bribe. Based from the preview for ep 6,  TJ will make Song and Jo attack ech other.  Two powerful men out to destroy each other. Pitted against each other and everthing about these two will come out in the open. This may turn out be a good  be strategy for TJ in the end but with the allegations to Jo, the investigation  with joojin chemicals  will halt. Yes TJ it's time to remove the 'rotten tree'. It's decaying and time remove them. That's Song and everyone around him and yes even Jo.

9 hours ago, triplem said:

Hye Won & DJ work closely to  get more witness statements. Hehe  They are hinting at the romance . Subtle but it’s there 

Yes,  and I found myself smiling. Subtle way.The glint in the eyes... even with that pp.

ep 5 cut.

22 hours ago, jongski said:

he the weaker assmebly got scared of Song so he confessed about taking the bribe. Based from the preview for ep 6,  TJ will make Song and Jo attack ech other.  Two powerful men out to destroy each other. Pitted against each other and everthing about these two will come out in the open. This may turn out be a good  be strategy for TJ in the end but with the allegations to Jo, the investigation  with joojin chemicals  will halt. Yes TJ it's time to remove the 'rotten tree'. It's decaying and time remove them. That's Song and everyone around him and yes even Jo.

ep 6 was a good episode.  Unfortunately, the whole audit thing has been put on hold and Jo was interrogated by the Prosecution . Song was indeed very happy ...but TJ is not one to back down of course. So he and Jo found a way to bring Song down. Jo has connections with the National Tax agency , and they are certain over the years JJ chemical would have had commited tax evasion and channeled funds out of the country to evade taxes. They knew that Song etc would have some slush fund lying around. They didn't have hard proof as to where exactly the funds went . But Jo's connection gave them some documents related to JJ tax records etc and TJ and SY ( with DK and HW) starts looking for shell companies that JJ Chem has abroad.  JJ of course was being investigated and  Lee CJ etc were nervous. The idea was to ruffle LJCJ's  feathers to make him move their slush funds abroad...when he did that, they could immediately track the fund movements and  catch him . Which they did. When he was being arrested , he told TJ that he will tell him who killed SY's Chief of Staff if he would save him. Unfortunately, at the prosecution office , when he went to the washroom, he killed himself. However it is clear to me he did not. When Choe was interrogating him, Song came to see Choe. So Choe left the interrogation room. Song had already got someone on the inside to set up the suicide , given how big the evil smile he had when he left the building. So with LCJ dead , they can easily push all the blame on him.

I have more to say ...will come by later.

Another critical development is the fact that there is a mole in the office .  There were these ex employees of JJ Chem who were suppose to give some statements to DK & HW . But at the last minute they all did not turn up & one of them was even falsely accuse of taking company data without permission, and was charged. So basically JJ Chem was using scare tactics to keep them quiet . The thing is no one else except TJ & SY’s staff knew about these witnesses 

So HW & DK ( after telling their bosses ) have to look out to see who in their offices could be the mole . One of the biggest suspects was of course Yang , but after HW’s confrontation, he’s unlikely to be the one ( urghh.   He needs to stop winking at her . ) The biggest suspect now is that sweet receptionist / secretary. I wish it wasn’t ....

Regarding the romances - In their on way SY & TJ have reconciled especially after he told her about LCJ knowing who killed her former C.O.S . I think that was the main thing that cause their separation this season. And I like that HW has moved on from her one way crush on her boss . I though this was such a sweet scene of DK trying to avert her attention when he saw SY & TJ together at the cafe . I like them together :)

Done with episode 6. I want to kick Minister Song. a sly jerk. Old corrupt politician.But in real life there exist a character such as his. Kudos to the writer who knows what it is like or how it is like. Then there's the ambitious righteous  younger civil servant rising up the ranks and not afraid to go head to head with  tradtional powerful yet corrupt politician. TJ jand KSY DG wants to right the wrong, remove the corruptible ones and give back to the ordinary folks thrue goverment service. TJ leading the pack.

Song found a way to get the upperhand from TJ but not for long...once truth about slush fund is revealed.

But is LCJ really dead?  Chairman warned Song to do something about LCJ and to make sure to keep him quiet. To which Song replied he will make sure that LCJ is quiet. So did he do somethng..or set up something.  Song was at the prosecutors office when LJC alleged did suicide. With LCJ personality,  doubt if he'll do suicide.

On 11/27/2019 at 8:55 PM, triplem said:

. When he was being arrested , he told TJ that he will tell him who killed SY's Chief of Staff if he would save him. Unfortunately, at the prosecution office , when he went to the washroom, he killed himself. However it is clear to me he did not. When Choe was interrogating him, Song came to see Choe. So Choe left the interrogation room. Song had already got someone on the inside to set up the suicide , given how big the evil smile he had when he left the building. So with LCJ dead , they can easily push all the blame on him.

@triplem  Same also. And I only saw the shoes not the bod. Like it seem he hanged himself but..don't think he's the type to do that. I do see Song doing something to LJC.

11 hours ago, triplem said:

Another critical development is the fact that there is a mole in the office

At first I was suspecting their fomer colleague one from Song's office. The one was also staff of TJ ( who was then CoS of Song). He stayed at part of Song's staff. I never susepected Yang. My first thought when he came on the scene was h's working for Choe.  I don't like his  so c*cky attitude as if he knows how to handle things and he's above the other staff.  Same feels with the winking always to HW.. he thinks he's all that.

11 hours ago, triplem said:

The biggest suspect now is that sweet receptionist / secretary. I wish it wasn’t ....

Yes she's suspicious. What could be the motive or the bribe? Was she promised to be a mere staff researching, getting coffee. For sure if it's her. She may feel ( a slight jealous with HW? in terms of  work importance.)

I also think Song's driver is going to cross the fence and give a lot of information to TJ and SY.  He's seen and heard  most of what Song has done to reach desired power. He need money so... selling info might be way out then Song will find out then he'll be killed. Oh no, I made my own scenario . So many characters and story arcs.  We really need Season 3.

Four more episode to g and  I'm still on that agenda...especially if it's open ending.

13 hours ago, triplem said:

The thing is no one else except TJ & SY’s staff knew about these witnesses 

So HW & DK ( after telling their bosses ) have to look out to see who in their offices could be the mole . One of the biggest suspects was of course Yang , but after HW’s confrontation, he’s unlikely to be the one ( urghh.   He needs to stop winking at her .

I think that Yang already knew that Hye Won and DK and the staff are already suspicious of a mole in the both offices. He might have set up that phone call knowing that HY will follow and confront him and he shows the phone and whom he called to divert HW's suspicions. So, for me, he still is not out of the ring of suspects. He still has to prove his sincerity and innocence. He seems to have a history also with SY's new COF Lee who seems to hate his guts. 

I can`t stand to see Song Hee-Seob smiling anymore. I want him and his people behind him down no matter what.

Kim Kap soo is doing a good job portraying the corrupt Minister of Justice. The whole cast is doing a very good job too. The writer makes us stay on the verge of our seat with every episode. :D I can resist because in every episode, the good guys are comming on their feet really fast and the bad guys are not wining decisively.

Lee Chang jin is dead and I am glad but in the same time I know that our team is in dificulty again. I also know that the bad guys won`t go down without a fight and we all know that they are fighting dirty. I don`t want Tae jun to die!!!!!

I hope they catch the "mole". I like how the writer created suspisions on many characters. The female secretary is first on my list too but I will be happy is she won`t be the one who Oh Won-Sik planted there.

I want the bad guys to be caught so bad but in the same time I don`t want the drama to be over. 4 episodes left. I will miss the drama when it will be over.

Key Questions To Be Answered As “Chief Of Staff” Season 2 Approaches The End

Dec 2, 2019
by L. Kim

8aea4c145ee54d26a3cadd1601ee2a73.jpeg?s=

There are only four more episodes left until the second season of “Chief of Staff” comes to an end!

Spoiler

The previous episode ended with the shocking death of Lee Chang Jin (Yoo Sung Joo). With Song Hee Seop (Kim Kap Soo) and Jang Tae Joon (Lee Jung Jae) racing for their own goals, the production team revealed three key questions that will be answered as the drama comes to an end.

1. What is Jang Tae Joon’s new breakthrough to take down Song Hee Seop?

Jang Tae Joon was finally able to locate the slush funds of Song Hee Seop and Sung Young Ki (Go In Bum) after Lee Chang Jin was accused of evading taxes overseas. Choi Kyung Cheol (Kim Man Shik), the chief of the Seoul District Public Prosecutor’s Office, quickly arrested Lee Chang Jin. Just when they thought there was nothing left but to reveal the truth, Lee Chang Jin was killed by jumping out of the restroom window. After that, they became stuck in a labyrinth of power and were at a loss over what to do. However, Jang Tae Joon vowed to find a different way to get Song Hee Seop.

2. Who is the spy in National Assembly office?

When the list of public informants that only Jang Tae Joon and Kang Sun Young (Shin Min Ah) knew about was leaked to Song Hee Seop, it was revealed there was a spy in the office. Yoon Hye Won (Lee Elijah) and Han Do Kyung (Kim Dong Joon) started to closely observe the behavior of the aides in the National Assembly office and chose the mysterious Yang Jong Yeol (Jo Bok Rae) as the suspect. Viewers are also keeping a close watch on secretary No Da Jung (Do Eun Bi), who told Yoo Hye Won about Yang Jong Yeol’s request to see the ledger as well as left the documents that should’ve been disposed for security reasons open on her desk. Which one is the true betrayer in the office?

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1369077wpp/key-questions-to-be-answered-as-chief-of-staff-season-2-approaches-the-end

I just finished ep7 & 8 . Crazy !!! But good . The starting in eps 1 is the ending for eps 8 . Urggh , I’m not sure if TJ can survive this but I don’t think he’ll die  @jongski( ok I better not jinx this ) but I suspect he’s in a coma ( his face wasn’t in the preview & I don’t see any funeral / mourning)  , and it’s really left to KSY to finish this fight . 

eps 7 & 8 was wrapped around using Oh Wan Sik as a bait to bring Song & Chairman Sung down .   This started off with them finding out the real mole - one of the guys in TJ’s office . ( so thankful it’s not the admin secretary ) . So the guy had been giving info to OWS in exchange for money for his hospitalised mother . So TJ knows that getting OWS will be his next step to take on Song . As we know the whole investigation into JJ chemicals now is put on hold with the suicide of Lee Chang Jin ( it was confirmed later in eps 8 that Chairman Sung had ordered his murder to which Song had to clean or cover up ) . Also Song is clipping Prosecutor Choe’s wings - he reassigned some of his key prosecutors to other places & the whole LCJ thing has been taken over by the Prosecutor General’s office ..

So this next step of getting to OWS  I believe, was to get Song & Sung to turn against each other . SY’s team was able to track that OWS had an account in his wife’s name that contained over 2 billion won which they believed was slush funds  belonging to Song . Of course this was the best opportunity to get OWS so that they can get to Song . But the catch was that one of the banks that handled these massive funds was SY’s dad’s bank . And from SY’s confrontation with her father , the latter was well aware that all these have been going on & it was implied he facilitated the moving of these funds . 

Exposing the truth would not only implicate her father but it would also potentially get SY into trouble . Although SY is estranged from her father, the rumours of the link btwn her & her dad’s involvement would cast doubts about whether she had gotten to her position the legitimate way . Song tells TJ , that SY got to where she is so easily because of her father’s clout & influence . From SY’s confrontation with her father , she realised that too & later on tells TJ it was naive of her to have thought that she got to where she was on her own merits . 

Although the stakes for SY is high and there’s a high chance she’ll lose the next election, SY chooses to expose the truth . Of course Song used this opportunity to get SY into trouble - giving press releases to create rumours of how she got her position . There will be an investigation underway . But SY is willing to do this so that the truth is upheld . Here I have to say I really admire her . Her heart is in the right place .

Meanwhile of course OWS runs away but Song puts a travel ban on him. TJ tells OWS to call him if he wants to be saved. The thing Is that Song is now under great pressure from Chairman Sung to sort this, and so initially Song put the blame on OWS . ( interesting that Sung does not want Song to make SY’s dad the scapegoat, says he’ll fine a lower rank person to admit to moving the funds . This shows SY’s dad must have done a lot of favours for Sung in the past )  Desperate OWS finally calls TJ for help & long story short , OWS agreed to trap Song & this means he has to be caught by the prosecution office . 

OWS records his conversation with Song when  pretending to beg the latter for help & so Song was actually planning to put all the blame on Sung & say that those slush funds were Sung’s . TJ had gone to see Sung and plays the live recording to Sung as Song tells his plan to OWS . So TJ tells Sung that  the latter will end up taking all the blame unless TJ helps him . In return TJ wants the documents/ info related to Lee CJ. 

But here this is where I think TJ underestimates Sung. If Song was cunning , Sung is a thug through & through . He calls TJ & tells him to meet ( so TJ thinks Sung will help him ) but instead gets some men to beat him up at a construction site . Sung also picks Song up on the pretext of wanting to talk to Song but he’s actually trapping Song too . He wants Song to witness this  so that he has no choice but to help Sung , or be implicated as having a hand in “killing “ TJ. Sung is not an easy person to take down or blackmail . 

So the eps ends with Sung giving instructions to his men to mow TJ down.  He was already stabbed & beaten up before this . It will take a kdrama miracle for him to survive this

Archived