[Drama 2019] Aide/Chief of Staff Season 1& 2, 보좌관

larus

3 hours ago, jongski said:

@triplem thank you so much for post. I heart you. I'm watching7&8..wow!  Thoughts when I'm done.

It's on pause now as I just want to  post this.  A bit annoyed at the camera. It's too shaky for me. When I like a drama I notice everything.

By the way did you notice that when SY dad got taken away by the prosecutors, he mentioned to her about how he spruced up her mum’s columbarium. I think he hid some critical info ( in an envelope) which will help SY later on . 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to watch the episodes again because I was sleepy when I did so earlier.  We're on that crux stage and with last two episodes next week.... I'm left to beg for season 3. I'm glad triplem and larus  keeping me company in this thread.  I guess  every kdrama fan has their own type of genre and actors they watch hence other thread thrives. I like a serious [political] drama. Thriller mistery action crime drama. For me this is one of my top dramas of 2019.

The actor playing Minister Song should be at least receive an award.great actor from the sunbae. Expression, mannerism,  from being corrupt sly politician. And I've discovered Lee Jung Jae. I've only seen him in drama called Triple. Glad he chose this serious good drama  as a comeback. I hope he also win an award. And Shin Min Ah. I'm happy  to see an actress playing age appropricate character.  I like that her acting is just and right for the type of character she plays...smart educated classy assemblywoman. And two of my favorite characters. HW and  DG.  I actually don't know who the actors are. I may have seen them in other dramas, but this is the firsttime I've watch them. Fantastic characters. Good acting. I like them in Season 3 as well ( I know, I can't stop wanting  it). What makes this drama one of the best for 2019 is.. it stayed as it is. Serious drama with no complicated romance ( it's not even a romance drama.. but we know there's subtle  concern for each other's characters). All the characters here were not just  to add more to the drama but each have  role to play in the story developement.  Credit to the writer and the directo and the actors in this drama. Thanks JTBC I enjoyed this one. I know there are two more episodes left.. so can't wait for next week.

And now wow 7& 8. I ddn't even know SY father was  head of the bank.

On 12/4/2019 at 5:17 PM, triplem said:

I just finished ep7 & 8 . Crazy !!! But good . The starting in eps 1 is the ending for eps 8 . Urggh , I’m not sure if TJ can survive this but I don’t think he’ll die  @jongski( ok I better not jinx this ) but I suspect he’s in a coma ( his face wasn’t in the preview & I don’t see any funeral / mourning)  , and it’s really left to KSY to finish this fight .

@triplem  He needs to survive. No ifs or buts. Yes, didn't see in next's week preview. I'll stick with he survive...if only for true kdrama style. KSY.. fighting! We love a a strong woman. strong smart female politician..character (just like  Soo Ae's character in  an old drama still tops.. forgot the title was that but I always remember..cos I love the character whene veryone was hating it).

In case scenario is that SY is left to fight the fight and right the wrong.. to make assemb Lee's dream for the common folks then we can say TJ and lee for that matter  did not die and struggled without achieving the purpose when they fist  start to plan becoming more than just an aide and to rise in rank as assemblyman.  Get rid of corrupt practices and tradiionla politicians.

Oh wait..of TJ  doesn't survice.. we still can have Season 3. Just thinking about what it qwould be like gives me different scenarios and characters and arc.  It's wishful thinking but who knows.

eps 7 & 8 was wrapped around using Oh Wan Sik as a bait to bring Song & Chairman Sung down .   This started off with them finding out the real mole - one of the guys in TJ’s office . ( so thankful it’s not the admin secretary ) . So the guy had been giving info to OWS in exchange for money for his hospitalised mother . So TJ knows that getting OWS will be his next step to take on Song . As we know the whole investigation into JJ chemicals now is put on hold with the suicide of Lee Chang Jin ( it was confirmed later in eps 8 that Chairman Sung had ordered his murder to which Song had to clean or cover up ) . Also Song is clipping Prosecutor Choe’s wings - he reassigned some of his key prosecutors to other places & the whole LCJ thing has been taken over by the Prosecutor General’s office ..

And yes it wasn''t the sweet reseacher. HW trusted her and the hunc is correct. It's the other  staff. I like how the writer did not prolong   and we have the scene already of themn using the mole to their advantage hence they heard on the phone, about the stock/assets of OSW in the Philippines.  This sent him into panic mode. He's funny in the way that fits his dummy lackey of Song.

I want to see SY fight till the end and justice serve for the workers who suffered due to JC negligence due to corrupt ways. I want to see her propelled to  the assembywoman who rises to the rnks and serve notice she's not one to mess with and that she cares for peopke and their flight ( Ahhhhh Season 3 please!!!)

So this next step of getting to OWS  I believe, was to get Song & Sung to turn against each other . SY’s team was able to track that OWS had an account in his wife’s name that contained over 2 billion won which they believed was slush funds  belonging to Song . Of course this was the best opportunity to get OWS so that they can get to Song . But the catch was that one of the banks that handled these massive funds was SY’s dad’s bank . And from SY’s confrontation with her father , the latter was well aware that all these have been going on & it was implied he facilitated the moving of these funds . 

And as I mentioned earlier,  I didn't even know SY father till this episode. So does that make the father liable as well. Her father knew  all along yet  allowed it? This can hurt her which Song and Sung will exploit.

Exposing the truth would not only implicate her father but it would also potentially get SY into trouble . Although SY is estranged from her father, the rumours of the link btwn her & her dad’s involvement would cast doubts about whether she had gotten to her position the legitimate way . Song tells TJ , that SY got to where she is so easily because of her father’s clout & influence . From SY’s confrontation with her father , she realised that too & later on tells TJ it was naive of her to have thought that she got to where she was on her own merits . 

In a way mirrors the investigation of TJ previously..accepting bribes and favors whiuch we know is not true as OSW juat manipulated TJ father to make it look like  bribes was done.  I like their scenes together.  Talk things through.. straigh to the point admitting, no coyness. Mature serious drama is the best.

Although the stakes for SY is high and there’s a high chance she’ll lose the next election, SY chooses to expose the truth . Of course Song used this opportunity to get SY into trouble - giving press releases to create rumours of how she got her position . There will be an investigation underway . But SY is willing to do this so that the truth is upheld . Here I have to say I really admire her . Her heart is in the right place .

I feel the same. I agree with you abut SY.  From thvert first episode of season 1 and up to present episode, we know that she's been on the side of assemb Lee and TJ. Wanting to see justice and rid the national assembly of corruptible old men. Since season 1 and now season 2 her character stayed true. The princple she fought, the controvery with the  the aborton situation, SY disregards herself but place importance on how the  other will feel (ie.. the girl in the abortion thing). I want to see her victorious with that case about JC

But here this is where I think TJ underestimates Sung. If Song was cunning , Sung is a thug through & through . He calls TJ & tells him to meet ( so TJ thinks Sung will help him ) but instead gets some men to beat him up at a construction site . Sung also picks Song up on the pretext of wanting to talk to Song but he’s actually trapping Song too . He wants Song to witness this  so that he has no choice but to help Sung , or be implicated as having a hand in “killing “ TJ. Sung is not an easy person to take down or blackmail . 

So the eps ends with Sung giving instructions to his men to mow TJ down.  He was already stabbed & beaten up before this . It will take a kdrama miracle for him to survive this

This is the part where I got confused. Everything boils down to Sung being the ultimate boss. The one pulling the strings.  Song wanted TJ remove as assemblyman but  did not wish for the TJ to be dead. Buty chairman Sung is different.  To stop the trail, stop the investigation, stop the expose of corrupt practice and  dealings between politicians and big corporation, Sung needs to kill TJ stringing along Song ( who is like his lackey..imagine that!) so the blame will be on Song and not the chairman.

The one I  hilight. TJ.. triplem... I want to see TJ alive! Imagine him being in the blue house giving speech! I really like TJ in that  finale of Season 1 where he was giving that speech. I hate. Lee Jung Jae was good like he was politician.

If TJ dies then it means... new lead for season 3! Well....if ever there is a season 3. I doubt but this drama... needs to have that.

10 hours ago, triplem said:

By the way did you notice that when SY dad got taken away by the prosecutors, he mentioned to her about how he spruced up her mum’s columbarium. I think he hid some critical info ( in an envelope) which will help SY later on . 

Wait so...taken away by prosecutor .. does that mean he's implicated.. and questioned?

50 minutes ago, jongski said:

Wait so...taken away by prosecutor .. does that mean he's implicated.. and questioned?

Yes , he is involved with the slush funds or more like he help facilitate the moving of such funds. He told SY not to dig up the past as it will bring no gain for all concern...

Nooooooo! Tae Jun! I knew what will happen when I heard that Sung wanted to meet Tae Joon late at night. Please, drama God, writer nim, let Tae Joon be alive!

One door shuts and another oportunity to bring the baddies down arise for our good guys. Again and again. Two more episodes and I am so ready to see Sung and Song Hui Seop down. As much as I want to see another season (and I don`t like the season format:D) I can`t take to see Song or Sung win anymore.

They thought that killing Tae Jun their problems will end? Not even close. I am glad that Seon Yeong is continue the hunt. Now that they hurt Tae Jun she is even more determimed. I hope her father gave her good evidence of Sung and Song`s ilegal financial transactions. Hit them on their source of power and they will crumble.

I pray that Tae Jun is not dead, that he will be recovering and, in meanwhile, Seon Young and the team will finish the job. That will be the  completely happy ending I want. The kdrama can make a miracle.

I have for several episodes, the feeling that the Song`s driver will help our good guys with something. Maybe he followed Song and Sung and will tell  Seon Young where to find Tae Jun? Or he will tell them some important information about Song? I am waiting to see if my feeling will be right.

Watching this season, I wonder why they brought Yang Jong-Yeol as a character. I thought they will use him well. He is the only character that I did not see a good use.  He had potential but they did not use him properly. Maybe the production really has another season in mind? We`ll see.

22 hours ago, larus said:

Watching this season, I wonder why they brought Yang Jong-Yeol as a character. I thought they will use him well. He is the only character that I did not see a good use.  He had potential but they did not use him properly. Maybe the production really has another season in mind? We`ll see.

Perhaps testing for story arc and plots... for Season 3? I've been wanting.. and waiting.

2 hours ago, larus said:

Sung Dong Il will make a cameo in the last episode of Chief of Staff 2.

Maybe.... part of Season 3 too?  Could be added?

I want to see Shin Min  Ah in a powerful elected position in the Blue House. And perhaps TJ as Chief of Staff.. but this time to a president?  But TJ  has to live! The  scenarios coming frrom my wanna be writer mind for  this drama.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Aide/Chief of Staff Season 1& 2, 보좌관 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST
2 hours ago, jongski said:

Perhaps testing for story arc and plots... for Season 3? I've been wanting.. and waiting.

Maybe.... part of Season 3 too?  Could be added?

I want to see Shin Min  Ah in a powerful elected position in the Blue House. And perhaps TJ as Chief of Staff.. but this time to a president?  But TJ  has to live! The  scenarios coming frrom my wanna be writer mind for  this drama.

It's posible if they will want another season. I hope Tae Jun will live to be in it. 

But even if they will do another season, one of the baddies of season 1&2 will have to be defeated. Song or Sung or both of them. They can make a connection with the season 2 with other baddie. 

11 minutes ago, triplem said:

@jongski @larus he is alive !!!!!

Yes thank you writer! TJ is alive! Song and chairman Sung better gonne dig their own grave! I can't wait for subs. I'm ready! Much love @triplem for spoiler. I couldn't be more happier learning that.

For this drama  I keep asking for season 3 with continuation of  them from the National Assembly then to the Blue House. I mean if it's only going to be 10 episodes then why not, right?

OT: Has there been a kdrama where in it's so good and lots they decide to have  more seasons? I know there's Voice  from OCN and I Need Romance.. but seaons have  different stories and plots.  There's Season 2 of Forest of  Secrets (and Signal, at least I think).

2 hours ago, triplem said:

he is alive !!!!!

Hoorah! I can`t be more happier. Thank you, writer-nim!

WOW! What a guy! He was beaten savagely, he was stabbed and he was threw in a deep pit but still managed to be alive. What a determination ! Of course, it is good that the gansters did not stabbed him in a vital organ but still, he is a tough guy.

'Aide' OST Season 1, 2 Combined Album Release

1VS0PV4X3F_1.jpg

1VS0PV4X3F_2.jpg

The OST album for the JTBC drama "Adviser", which was very much loved from season 1 to season 2, will be released today at 6 pm. In particular, this album adds specialness by containing OSTs of 'Aide' and 'Aide 2'.

The first title of CHEN's `` Rainfall '', with its sweet voice and intense sound, features Kim Jae-hwan's `` Black Sky '', which was loved by many listeners as his first solo OST.

https://m.sedaily.com/NewsView/1VS0PV4X3F#_enliple

Just a quick note . By choosing to expose Song’s corruption , TJ & SY risk not being nominated for the coming elections ( esp if they don’t succeed in bringing Song down ) . So if they are not re-elected , there’s no power to “change the world “ . That was the catch .

But as we know , TJ & SY are taking that risk . 
Fortunately SY’s dad comes through for her . He cleared her of bribery charges ( saying she had no idea & links to the slush funds ) . And more importantly he left the list of other slush fund accounts Using borrowed names belonging to Song / Sung . I was glad they were a step ahead of Song & SY faxed the list over. 

Looking forward to how it ends for Song tonight. It’s been two Seasons too Long :lol:

———

Have enjoyed seeing how he’s grown in the 2nd season 

Done with episode 9. I like the sense of urgency. I like the slow pace when it came time with  TJ lying in bed not waking up. I like how the director  and writer mange to make it with feelings without going over the top for each characters. 

From SY squeezing his hand, a brief flashback to remember the days when they she made promise to be there for him in this fight.  From HW face of worry and hope,  whpering the words to TJ  they are in this together from the very start.. brief flashback of TJ journey from becoming Aide, to scenes of him with former assemb Lee promise to continue the fight on and pledge to get rid of corrup politicians and the system. From the father of TJ getting all emotional ( as it should be and the case) seing his son unconscious. The different emotions  shown from  the characters close to TJ.

And when TJ woke up from coma and called Song.. I actually  YES! and sad I love TJ. And when he met Song, he was in total control. Song playing it cool but he's flustered and nervous and he shoud be. The files and evidence of slush fund and the favors done to politicians, TJ and his staff got them alreadt. Thanks to how smart SY is.

Song tried to have her arrested, they suspect  they knew there has to be  files somewhere  and ask prosecutors to  go after SY.. in the cemetery of all places! Files was already fax through to their TJ office. Song's going to be expose and TJ and SY willing to  not get reelected  if it means exposing the truth. They've come this far,.. this has to be done.

Throughout this season SY my favorite, she hasthe diligence, the smarts, the urgency,  she is a fighter, she takes risk. She goes up agains't the powerful. She knows her politics and ehat to do. I admire SY cause she never gave up and continue to find ways  to bring poerwful  chairman Sung and Min. Justice Song.. to  be expose as corrupt leaders.

Last episode just aired.Waiting for the sub tomorrow.  Lets see what happesn then. How it's going to wrap up.

“Chief Of Staff” Cast Says Goodbye As Season Two Comes To An End

Dec 10, 2019
by S. Park

1af512149236499f9faeed9eeeced6bc.jpeg?s=

The cast of “Chief of Staff” has said goodbye to the series!

Season One of the political drama aired from June 14 to July 13, while Season 2 aired from November 11 to December 10.

Lee Jung Jae made headlines when he announced his return to the small screen for the first time in 10 years as the lead of “Chief of Staff.” In the role of Jang Tae Joon, he told the story of his character’s development from a political aide to a member of the National Assembly. He said, “Thank you to the viewers who loved [the drama] for the long time of six months starting from season one. I was happy acting as Jang Tae Joon, who challenged himself and changed during each episode.”

Shin Min Ah portrayed skilled female politician Kang Sun Young and made a successful transformation as an actress. She said, “‘Chief of Staff’ was a process of challenging myself to play a character I had not been able to experience until now, and it was a project that was a big honor because I was able to act with many senior actors. I won’t be able to forget the experience of receiving lots of support from viewers as the confident, politically skilled Kang Sun Young. I sincerely thank all of the actors and each and every member of the staff who worked together.”

Lee Elijah appeared as the political aide Yoon Hye Won, who led the office and its employees. She said, “I’ll cherish the emotions and moments of your love for ‘Chief of Staff’ and Yoon Hye Won in my heart like a piece of poetry. I sincerely thank the director, actors, writers, and staff.”

Kim Dong Jun portrayed Han Do Kyung, who chronicled his personal and professional growth from a clumsy intern to a professional secretary. He said, “It feels strange because it’s a drama I participated in for six months. It was a drama that I will remember every moment of, and a drama where I really worked hard during every second and scene. I’ll become an actor who acts sincerely with the many experiences I learned through this drama.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1370728wpp/chief-of-staff-cast-says-goodbye-as-season-two-comes-to-an-end

“VIP” And “Chief Of Staff” Set New Personal Bests In Viewership Ratings

Dec 11, 2019
by C. Hong
fff775e1d62242dd917ed5760604b544.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “VIP” has held on to its top spot in the Monday-Tuesday time slot while JTBC’s “Chief of Staff” went out on a high note!

According to Nielsen Korea, the finale of “Chief of Staff” recorded average nationwide ratings of 5.34 percent. This is a personal best not only for the second season, but it also just edges out its personal best from the first season (5.314 percent).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1370796wpp/vip-and-chief-of-staff-set-new-personal-bests-in-viewership-ratings

Gonna start the finale shortly . Has been another incredible ride . One of the best written dramas this year . sorry that it is under appreciated here on Soompi

Final BTS and goodbyes 

What a brilliant way to end this long journey.  I was crying and laughing , and at the end of the day felt really satisfied with how everything wrapped up. 

In the final battle, Song tried to stop TJ being part of the hearing / audit by getting TJ arrested for getting inside information from the police .  Hye Won  steps up and tells TJ that she will take the blame,  and that he had no knowledge of the information / documents. They had no choice but take this route to buy TJ some time . However ,this was not enough as they still needed to find the connection btwn Song and Chairman Sung , and the key lies in finding bearer bonds that Song has ( these bonds provided funds for all the political lobbying that Song has been doing) . TJ asked Song's driver for help and the driver ( whom we all knew from a long time ago had always been on TJ's side) gave him all the log books of everywhere that Song had been to  in the last decade or so. 

Of course it was a mammoth task to find clues from the logs, but TJ had a plan...get Song to reveal the place. So the driver had told TJ that Song was already suspicious of him ..but TJ tells the driver to actually tell Song that he had given TJ the log books and that TJ was looking for the bonds. Song fell for the trap as he quickly asked Prosecutor Seo to get the bonds from the bank.  Meanwhile at the hearing it seems all was lost as TJ could not prolong it any further . Song walked out happy thinking that he got away with it. But again this was a trap by TJ as TJ asked him clearly if he had any links to these funds and if he had the bonds .....to which Song ( in front of the whole world ) said no. Of course , Prosecutor Choe was already tailing Prosecutor Seo and they caught Seo who had the bonds with him.  As Song walked out , the news of Seo's capture made headlines. Song was now caught red handed for lying to everyone ! Well played.  It was superb because this was the exact method that TJ used to defeat Song's former rival assemblyman / minister in Season 1.

But I started tearing up  (after Song was taken away)  when TJ approached the driver and thanked the latter . The driver said it was because for once he wanted to do things right  and that he will always root for TJ. That really hit home for me because at that moment I knew that TJ would do exactly that.  Throughout the episodes  especially in S1 , we have seen TJ give up and lose a lot in his journey to becoming an Assemblyman. He had often resorted to less than ethical methods in getting things done , and more often than not we question whether the ends justify the means. In fact this was something his good friend and mentor ,  the late Assemblyman Lee had asked him prior to his death. TJ decided that he needed to take responsibility for all that he had done in the past . So he called for  a press conference to admit to all the accusations made against him and resigned.  I could not help myself but I cried at that moment.  It was so emotional.

He also asked SY to run for Seongjin in the coming election  and finish the good fight that Lee had started. With TJ's admission,  HW was set free. I teared up again after TJ's presscon when Do Kyung runs up to him to apologise for misunderstanding him in the past and finally understanding his true intentions. They have indeed come full circle.

The drama than gives the best ending. Fast forward 3 months ...SY is with her Chief of Staff Lee and DK  working hard campaigning for Seongjin .They lead in the polls as they find dirt on the rival for the seat. Hye Won has gone back to being the amazing reporter that she once was -  she asked Prosecutor Choe some tough questions , to which he gave  a good answer . Choe continues to uphold justice regardless of whether it is politicians or chaebol firms that he has to go up against. HW bumps into Yang who now has become the Head of the Chief of Staff for SY. I laughed when he asked HW out for dinner only for her to reject him with a wink and says she has plans . And of course I was so pleased her plans was none other than meeting DK who had come to give her some material. The conversation than followed with them deciding to address each other less formally, giving hints of potential romance. That was good enough for me.

We mustn't forget our  baddies who got their  due punishment. OWS made a final tearful call to his daughter before cooperating to testify against Song. Song and Sung were seen in court. I think Song got 15 years in prison ...and here I laughed my head off as he became angry and delusional cursing away at the judge . It was a most perfect end for him.

They definitely saved the best for last. I was sad that TJ had to end his political career...it was a waste of his heart,  talent and capabilities.  In the last scene the Chief Presidential Secretary met up with TJ and asked him to come and aid the President. AND  the best compliment for TJ was that the president had chosen TJ himself....the Secretary says that the President would be calling him shortly.....and he did . (I wanna insert a clap emoticon here.)  Woah!!!!!  Does this mean there's a chance for S3 with TJ as the Chief of Staff for the President? 

I want a Season 3 so badly now. 

@triplem  Thank you. Heart you for the recap post. Wow! I'm excited to watch the last episode for season 2.

OMG!  are they reading our post here? because...... two days ago I said.....

Edit: forgot this is pre produced.

On 12/9/2019 at 4:10 PM, jongski said:

And now with the president asking to aid him.. to be an aide. Wooooo!

13 hours ago, triplem said:

They definitely saved the best for last. I was sad that TJ had to end his political career...it was a waste of his heart,  talent and capabilities.  In the last scene the Chief Presidential Secretary met up with TJ and asked him to come and aid the President. ANnd the best compliment for TJ was that the president had chosen TJ himself....the Secretary says that the President would be calling him shortly.....and he did . (I wanna insert a clap emoticon here.)  Woah!!!!!  Does this mean there's a chance for S3 with TJ as the Chief of Staff for the President? 

I want a Season 3 so badly now. 

You know me.. every post I post.. I keep asking for Season 3. This drama needs a Season 3. This is that type of drama than be a series  and seasons. I really hope for Season 3.  TJ as powerful Chief of Stafff to a sitting pressident... and then eventually running for the postion  in the future! Season 4!  We need to wait  finfers cross.. Seaon 3 will happen because... there's just so many story arcs that will thrive

Going to watch. Thoughts once I'm done.

I am so busy right now but I could not stay away of watching the last two episodes.

So, so great! Such a good drama, with such a satisfying ending.

I was cheering for our good team from the first minute to the end. They had a tough job but they made it. And how I don`t love this show when I got everything. My adrenaline was running wild with each episode, we had multiple turns and twists and I never got frustrated. Not even when the bad guys always got away because our good guys never gave up, they found resourses to fight back. It was a hell of the fight. And Tae Jun lived! And Song and Sung both were defeated. I was emotional to see Tae Jun giving up his dream to be an assembleman who changes the world, but he did the right thing. Seon-Yeong had good chances to get allected again, Tae-Jun supporting her, Hye-Won turning to her first job but continue to be great as well (no wonder three man are looking at her with appreciation). Tae Joon being called by Blue House to receive the offer to be again the chief of staff again. It was a perfect ending. 

I could watch another season anytime. This is the way I want to see another season. Finish a good plot properly and start another good one in the future. I don`t know if there will be another season but I will be happy if they will reunite again.

Kudos to the writer- nim, PD nim, the whole cast and crew for a great show.

Archived