larus

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March 31, 2019

"The President's Aide" Line-up

Source: News1 via HanCinema.net

photo1048402.jpg

The new JTBC drama "The President's Aide" has a full line-up.

"The President's Aide" is the survival story of Jang Tae-joon (Lee Jung-jae), an aide amidst the political gamble and fight for power.

"The President's Aide" is produced by Studio And New and directed by Kwak Jeong-hwan. The screenplay is written by Lee Dae-il.

Lee Jung-jae comes back with this drama after his long-run in film with successful hits like "The Face Reader", "The Assassination" and "The New World". He plays Jang Tae-joon, head assistant to a four-time lawmaker. He graduated Police Academy with honors and was a part of the special unit, but he joined the National Assembly for more authority. His strong intuition and cold judgment as well as his competitiveness made his congressman the head of a party. However, he's not satisfied and chases even bigger dreams.

Shin Min-ah's Kang Seon-yeong is an eligible lawyer with experience in hosting a current affairs TV show. She did her best to become the best and she isn't ashamed of her capabilities and achievements. She faced difficult challenges and now she's a role model for other women. However, she doesn't work well with aides and she especially doesn't get along with Jang Tae-joon who takes care of the congressman who rivals the congressman that nominated her.

Kim Dong-jun plays Han Do-kyung, a temporary intern in the NA. He's confused, but his eyes shine and he's bold enough to express thoughts on his mind.

Lee Elijah plays Yoon Hye-won, a young woman whose hard work made her a class 6 aide. Although she works harder than anyone to achieve her goals, she always finds the right path and stays on it. She works with Jang Tae-joon in the congressman's office.

"The President's Aide" comes out in May.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Lee Jung Jae Is Full Of Confidence For Upcoming Political Drama

by Y. Shin
060247beeb2d47c0a337e65b20ac9c45.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s new Friday-Saturday drama “Advisor” (tentative title) has released its first stills of Lee Jung Jae!

“Advisor” tells the story of politicians who control the world while standing behind the spotlight and engage in the dangerous gambling of politics. It is also a survival story of the “super” advisor Jang Tae Joon (Lee Jung Jae) who is on his way to having the most power in the nation.

Jang Tae Joon is the chief aide of four-time congressman Song Hee Seob (Kim Kap Soo), who graduated at the top of his class in the police academy but turned to politics as he sought more power. He is trusted by Song Hee Seob for his excellent intuition and cool-headed judgment, concentration towards victory, persistence in finding others’ weak spots, and his ability to come up with accurate solutions. Despite his skills, however, Jang Tae Joon holds a greater ambition in his heart.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1323022wpp/lee-jung-jae-is-full-of-confidence-for-upcoming-political-drama

Shin Min Ah Is An Ambitious Assemblywoman In Upcoming Political Drama

by K. Lew
1f9cc9572f734de48a8ac6b702d197e4.jpeg?s=

Shin Min Ah exudes charisma and chicness for her upcoming role in “Advisor” (tentative title).

“Advisor” is about the real political players who move behind the spotlight and their dangerous gambles. Lee Jung Jae plays Jang Tae Joon, a skilled advisor that pursues the heights of power. Shin Min Ah plays Kang Sun Young, a newly elected member of the National Assembly who takes on the challenge of breaking the glass ceiling.

A former lawyer with experience hosting a current events program under her belt, Kang Sun Young did everything she could to reach her position, and she was always confident in her overachieving abilities. She was nominated for a proportional representative seat, and soon after being elected, she became her party’s spokesperson for the National Assembly.

In the released photos, Shin Min Ah has transformed into unhesitating assemblywoman Kang Sun Young. With a sharp, charismatic gaze, she takes on the busy life of politics with passion, never taking no for an answer.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1323178wpp/shin-min-ah-is-an-ambitious-assemblywoman-in-upcoming-political-drama

May 9 2019

First still images of Shin Min-A & Lee Jung-Jae in JTBC drama series “Aide”

AIDE-SMA.jpg

Here’s the first still images of Shin Min-A & Lee Jung-Jae in JTBC drama series “Aide” (literal title). In the drama series, Shin Min-A plays Kang Sun-Young. Her character is a first year lawmaker and a spokesperson for her party. She worked as a lawyer and also a host for current affairs TV program. Meanwhile, Lee Jung-Jae is an aide to a 4 time elected lawmaker. He is ambitious.

“Aide” first airs June, 2019 in South Korea.

AIDE-LJJ.jpg

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-still-images-of-shin-min-a-lee-jung-jae-in-jtbc-drama-series-aide

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Aide/The President`s Advisor, 보좌관 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST - Shin Min Ah & Lee Jung Jae - Premieres on June 14th

Watch: Lee Jung Jae Has Big Plans For The Future In New Teaser For Upcoming Political Drama

by Y. Shin
6a5c974e55b64df582ae9693000c67b7.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s new Friday-Saturday drama “Advisor” (tentative title) has released a teaser video and stills of Lee Jung Jae!

“Advisor” tells the story of politicians who control the world while standing behind the spotlight and engage in the dangerous gambling of politics. It is also a survival story of the “super” advisor Jang Tae Joon (Lee Jung Jae) who is on his way to having the most power in the nation.

In the teaser and stills, Lee Jung Jae fixes his tie with determined eyes and a stern expression. The liquid gold that spills over his hands and black suit is the main focus of the posters, further emphasized by the black-and-white coloring.

lee-jung-jae-05.jpg

More https://www.soompi.com/article/1323533wpp/watch-lee-jung-jae-has-big-plans-for-the-future-in-new-teaser-for-upcoming-political-drama

What an original poster! Gold on a black jacket. The symbol of money. Dirty money, because gold smears jacket ...
And the look of Lee Jung Jae is a separate topic. He looks straight into the soul ... But politicians do just that, so that people choose them.:w00t:

So they are gonna cut the drama in two :wacko: I like kdrama  because we don´t need to wait just to get the conclusion of the story. so is not so happy about this news.... why are they doing this :blink:

Upcoming Drama With Lee Jung Jae And Shin Min Ah Boasts Heavy-Hitting Cast With New Posters

by R. Jun
685679e941eb4d809d3711ae15f88f81.jpeg?s=

Upcoming JTBC drama “Advisor” (tentative title) has put its incredible cast on full display with the release of a new cast poster as well as individual character shots.

The drama is about the high-stakes maneuverings that go on behind the scenes by the real players in politics as well as the survival of the talented advisor Jang Tae Joon (played by Lee Jung Jae), who is on his way to holding a lot of power in his hands.

In addition to Lee Jung Jae, the drama stars actors Shin Min Ah, Lee Elijah, Kim Dong Joon, Jung Jin Young, Kim Gap Soo, Jung Woong In, and Im Won Hee.

advisor-character-posters-540x385.jpg

Lee Jung Jae plays the ambitious advisor to Assemblyman Song Hee Seob (played by Kim Gap Soo), and his poster reads, “I had to go down a road that there was no coming back from,” showing his character’s willingness to do whatever it takes.

Shin Min Ah plays Kang Sun Young, a newly-elected member of the Assembly. Her poster also reveals a character full of determination. It reads, “There’s no such thing as regret in my life. Regret is only for losers.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1325358wpp/upcoming-drama-with-lee-jung-jae-and-shin-min-ah-boasts-heavy-hitting-cast-with-new-posters

Character posters for the movers and shakers in JTBC’s Chief of Staff

by tipsymocha

aide-poster5181.jpg

This probably isn’t the first time I’ve said this, and this probably won’t be the last either, but it must be said: This is one amazing cast. And though I’m not usually a huge fan of political dramas, I will definitely be checking out this show for this cast alone. JTBC’s Chief of Staff, which is set to premiere next month, has released character posters for each of the main players in the show, which includes Lee Jung-jae (Svaha: The Sixth Finger), Shin Mina (Tomorrow With You), Lee Elijah (An Empress’s Dignity), Kim Dong-joon (About Time), Jung Jin-young (Sketch), Kim Gab-soo (Haechi), Jung Woong-in (Ms. Ma, Nemesis), and Im Won-hee (Room No. 9).

I feel like whenever character posters like these are released, they do a pretty good job of describing the character with their one-line captions. Lee Jung-jae, who will be playing the chief of staff to Kim Gab-soo’s character, says in his individual poster that “I needed to go down this road I cannot turn back on.” Shin Mina, whose character I’m most looking forward to as an ambitious and confident freshman senator, says that there is no room for regret in her life, and that regret “is for those who lose.” Love her already, and I can’t wait to see her keep her own amongst all the male veteran politicians.

aide-poster5182.jpg

Lee Elijah, playing a secretary working for the same senator as Lee Jung-jae’s character, shows that her experience in politics has not been smooth sailing: “If you want to survive here, you must be willing to do anything.” She provides a cynical contrast to Kim Dong-joon, who has barely begun his new life in politics as an intern. He says in his endearingly naive way that “only ethical politics can change the world.” It makes me a little sad to think how he’ll likely be disabused of that notion rather early.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/05/character-posters-for-the-movers-and-shakers-in-jtbcs-chief-of-staff/

Watch: The Cast Of Upcoming JTBC Political Drama Announces Their Arrival In Intense Teaser

by S. Nam
f405ee4ef534474fa07cc7dca9081e9d.jpeg?s=

Upcoming JTBC drama “Advisor” (tentative title) starring Lee Jung Jae, Shin Min Ah, and more have released a new teaser video!

The drama is about the high-stakes maneuverings that go on behind the scenes by the real players in politics as well as the survival of the talented advisor Jang Tae Joon (played by Lee Jung Jae), who is on his way to holding a lot of power in his hands.

The short teaser flashes alternating shots of the main characters as well as bolded words that come together to write the phrase, “The people who move the world are coming.” The video begins with a blurred figure walking down a hallway followed with individual shots. In between the bolded words are shots of Shin Min Ah, followed by Lee Elijah, Kim Dong Jun, Jung Jin YoungKim Kap Soo, and Jung Woong In. Finally the blurred figure comes into focus, revealing Lee Jung Jae.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1326417wpp/watch-the-cast-of-upcoming-jtbc-political-drama-announce-their-arrival-in-intense-teaser

Shin Min Ah Talks About Why She Chose To Star In Upcoming Political Thriller

by K. Lew
1d207a46c9dd46308c4c1c1777d91d2c.jpeg?s=

Shin Min Ah has shared why she chose to appear in upcoming political thriller “Advisor” (literal title) and how she prepared for her role.

“Advisor” is about the political players who act behind the spotlight and move the world, and the survival of skilled advisor Jang Tae Joon (played by Lee Jung Jae), who pursues the heights of power.

Shin Min Ah plays newly-elected Assemblywoman Kang Sun Young, who takes on the challenge of shattering the glass ceiling as a female politician. On why she chose the drama as her comeback in two years, she shared, “First of all, I enjoyed the script. It was interesting as it is a drama that shows the intense stories of Yeoido (where the National Assembly is located in Seoul) that we didn’t really know of.”

The actress remarked, “[Kang Sun Young] is always confident and works within her principles. She’s a character that doesn’t hesitate and runs towards success and her goals. I thought that I could show a different kind of acting that the public hadn’t seen before.”

Shin Min Ah then shared how she had interpreted and prepared for her character. She remarked, “She had long hair at first, but I cut it short. We also prepared the wardrobe after a lot of discussion between the director, stylists, and many experts. I also watched a lot of related films, dramas, news, and other materials, thinking a lot about the tone and gestures of confident, professional Kang Sun Young. I practiced until I naturally was able to say the political jargon that I don’t normally use.”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1326699wpp/shin-min-ah-talks-about-why-she-chose-to-star-in-upcoming-political-thriller

JTBC’s Chief of Staff shows us those who will change the world in new teaser

by tipsymocha

chiefofstaff-teaser5231.jpg

I’m pretty sure the show didn’t intend to make this newest teaser funny, but I couldn’t help giggling a little at the Very Serious faces in this teaser. Not that I think JTBC’s upcoming political drama Chief of Staff won’t be a serious show, full of ideology and a fair dose of cold pragmatism, especially given the character descriptions of this ensemble. The cast is full of some heavy hitters and I’m excited to finally see them in action.

The teaser has a super simple concept, in that it’s really a 2-3 second shot of each of our main players, intercut with the caption “Those who move the world are coming” and snippets of Lee Jung-jae (Svaha: The Sixth Finger) walking towards an out-of-focus camera. First, we have Shin Mina (Tomorrow With You), sporting her politician badge as a freshman senator. Next is Lee Elijah (An Empress’s Dignity), playing a secretary who works with Lee Jung-jae’s Chief of Staff character.

Kim Dong-joon (About Time) looks appropriately young with his backpack and naive confidence as an intern who is set on changing the world for good. An almost unheard-of morally upright politician, Jung Jin-young (Sketch), gazes back at us from behind his desk, while his political and ethical opposite Kim Gab-soo (Haechi) gives us an imperious gaze from his chair. Jung Woong-in (Ms. Ma, Nemesis) rounds out the main cast as an aide whose ultimate loyalty lies with money. The teaser ends as Lee Jung-jae gets broodingly close enough for the camera to focus on him.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/05/jtbcs-chief-of-staff-shows-us-those-who-will-change-the-world-in-new-teaser/

Archived