[Drama 2019] Aide/Chief of Staff Season 1& 2, 보좌관

larus

June 14 2019

Highlight, still images for JTBC drama series “Chief of Staff”

Chief_of_Staff-highlightSM1111.jpg

6 minute highlight trailer added for upcoming JTBC drama series “Chief of Staff” (English title) starring Lee Jung-Jae and Shin Min-A. The drama series previously went under the literal title of “Aide” before picking up its official English title. Meanwhile, JTBC released these still images of Lee Jung-Jae, Shin Min-A, Lee Elijah and Kim Dong-Joon with personal comments by each of the performers. Lee Jung-Jae stated “You can have fun and feel sympathy from watching the various characters and their desires.” Shin Min-A stated “The drama series contains stories of people in politics who live fiercely to fulfill their desires.” Lee Elijah stated “The drama series shows stories of aides who you haven’t seen before in any other drama series. In this drama series, the aides struggle to protect people’s lives and struggle to survive.” Lastly, Kim Dong-Joon’s states “The drama series contains the story of aides who have various charms and personalities.”

“Chief of Staf” first airs later tonight, June 14, 2019 in South Korea.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, sal2 said:

Netflix gonna have this one. sadly in my region episodes is not gonna be up before June 24. 

oh that's great. I am using Netflix Asia ( malaysia) . I hope we have it soon . 

Lee Jung Jae Powers Through A Hectic Schedule In “Chief Of Staff”

by Y. Shin
70bc821da0fa49019047d921340ff1f6.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “Chief of Staff” (also known as “Advisor”) has revealed new stills of Lee Jung Jae!

“Chief of Staff” is a drama about the political players that influence the world from the shadows. Lee Jung Jae plays the ambitious “super advisor” Jang Tae Joon, while Shin Min Ah will take on the role of the newly-appointed Assemblywoman Kang Sun Young.

Jang Tae Joon graduated at the top of his class in the police academy but turned to politics as he sought more power. Since then, he was given the nickname of “Fall Viper” and currently serves as senior aide to congressman Song Hee Seob (Kim Kap Soo). Due to his responsibilities, even 24 hours isn’t enough for Jang Tae Joon’s hectic life.

lee-jung-jae-2.jpg

In the released stills, Jang Tae Joon begins his day by waking up early to go jogging outside. He smiles through interviews with ease, and leads other aides at a conference with his unique charisma. Though he is respectful in front of Song Hee Seob, in one photo, he is pushed against the wall and faces an intense situation. In another image, he dominates the room with his sharp gaze and begins an inquiry.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1332119wpp/lee-jung-jae-powers-through-a-hectic-schedule-in-chief-of-staff

Oh...Netflix. Why is it with Netflix?  I'm prolly the only one who's not fond of them when it comes to Korean dramas.

Good luck to subbing... which will take  weeks. Oh well.. I'm whining I know. But want to watch with sub  a day after the raw. 

Viu, Kocowa sub fast....they don't have the rights?

30 minutes ago, jongski said:

Oh...Netflix. Why is it with Netflix?  I'm prolly the only one who's not fond of them when it comes to Korean dramas.

Good luck to subbing... which will take  weeks. Oh well.. I'm whining I know. But want to watch with sub  a day after the raw. 

Viu, Kocowa sub fast....they don't have the rights?

What? Netflix subs are much faster than Viu, Kocowa. 1 hour after it airs in Korea, it’s uploaded to Netflix fully subbed.

Gonna watch it shortly ...but checking out some cuts . Was surprised that the leads are already in a relationship 

Haha SMA is a naughty girl ...looks like Lee Elijah may have a crush on her boss 

Preview 

Pretty strong premiere ratings at 4.4%

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Phoenix26 said:

I just watched on Netflix it's soooo good. Very timely drama with what's happening in Korean society. 

Netizens comments on Naver are positive they said its like watching a movie and its breathtaking. :thumbsup:

Oh my . The leads are from opposing  political parties ...really interesting . This would definitely be a conflict of interest given their relationship.

edit to add : but from the bits that I saw , she’s also helping him cause the assemblyman from her party is also using her as the scapegoat. 

Really enjoyed the first 45mins. Fast paced , intriguing & complexed relationships . This is how real politics is played out . Tae Joon ahead of the game - setting the bait to catch the opposition. I am very interested to see if he will at the end of the day run for a seat himself.

13 minutes ago, serraannisa said:

Is the subs out??

It’s already available on Netflix Asia . So the other subbed sites will likely pick it up 

—////—-

Good response from k nets 

https://www.netizendrama.com/spoilers-chief-of-staff-aide-pilot-rating/

Spoilers] Chief of Staff – Aide (Pilot) + Rating

•  
  •  

1-1-22.png?w=640&ssl=1

Naver – Sports Chosun: ‘Aide’ Lee Jung Jae breaks down Kim Hong Fa and takes one step forward to ‘6g ambition’

1.[+463, -35] It’s so fun…It felt like I was watching a movie ㅋㅋ Time flew by ㅎ

2.[+265, -21] It’s better than the drama that costed 54 million won

3.[+245, -23] The drama’s content is fresh and the trustworthy Lee Jung Jae is in it, the drama has magically turned into a movie ㅋㅋ It’s so fun ㅋ

4.[+212, -15] Honestly, It was really fun. It feels like an American drama

5.[+100, -15] The development is fast which is good! time flew by…Lee Jung Jae’s acting is seriously natural and good

6.[+40, -4] It’s fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It was like a movie, the supporting actors are good

7.[+28, -2] Among the recent leads, they match each other the most

8.[+22, -1] I don’t think they promoted this drama well

9.[+19, -2] I totally thought I was watching a movie~~~ 10 episodes are too short ㅜㅜ

10.[+21, -10] I’m just thankful to be able to see Lee Jung Jae in a drama

11.[+18, -8] Shin Min Ah is so beautiful…She is out of this world

12.[+16, -6] Shin Min Ah’s acting is good

13.[+11, -1] Is this a movie or a drama? ㄷㄷ

Rating: 4.4%

Shin Min Ah And Lee Jung Jae’s New Drama “Chief Of Staff” Breaks Record For JTBC Premiere Ratings

by E. Cha
23059166de5e4691aa11a4399f0f4211.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s “Chief of Staff” has set a new JTBC ratings record with its premiere!

The new political drama, whose star-studded cast includes Lee Jung Jae, Shin Min Ah, Lee Elijah, and ZE:A’s Kim Dong Jun, follows the high-stakes maneuvering and dangerous gambles undertaken by the power players of politics who run the world behind the scenes.

According to Nielsen Korea, the June 14 premiere of “Chief of Staff” scored average viewership ratings of 4.4 percent nationwide and 5.6 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area, marking the highest ratings ever achieved by the premiere of a JTBC drama.

Spoiler

The first episode of “Chief of Staff” introduced viewers to the ambitious senior aide Jang Tae Joon (played by Lee Jung Jae) as he ruthlessly took down Assemblyman Jo Gap Young (played by Kim Hong Pa).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1332231wpp/shin-min-ah-and-lee-jung-jaes-new-drama-chief-of-staff-premieres-to-solid-ratings

1 hour ago, JojoCx3 said:

I really liked the drama, it's so good. Jang Tae-joon got what he wanted at the end when he entered that room with Mr.Song. Let's see how he turns them all to his favor.

Agreed . I just completed the episode & never expected to be as excited over a political drama as I am. So Kang ( SMA ) and Tae Joon are same party right ? Just on different camps - Tae Joon’s boss -Song- , and Kang’s supposed mentor Jo Gap Yeong were  competing to be the floor speaker to represent their party . Or are they totally different political parties ? I thought there was great chemistry there btwn the leads. 

Also like the supporting leads - Kim DongJun as the smart & eager intern , and also Elijah Lee finally playing a seemingly non trashy role ( for a time she was typecast in these villainess type second female lead . ) . 

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Aide/Chief of Staff, 보좌관 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST

Lee Jung Jae, Kim Kap Soo, And Kim Dong Jun Find Themselves In A Tricky Situation In “Chief Of Staff”

by J. Lim
df041cbb74b74e998ef802961f22bf54.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s new Friday-Saturday drama “Chief of Staff” has released new thrilling stills that show the intense lives of political aides.

“Chief of Staff” tells the story of political aides who work behind the scenes to make sure politicians are able to achieve their goals. The drama is already off to a solid start, setting a new record for the highest viewership ratings achieved by the first episode of a JTBC drama at 4.4 percent nationwide.

The upcoming episode is set to up the ante for political aide Jang Tae Joon (played by Lee Jung Jae) and politician Song Hee Seob (Kim Kap Soo). The new stills show them looking worse for wear with dirtied suits, forehad cuts, and disheveled hair as they try to get through a throng of reporters with intern Han Do Kyung (ZE:A’s Kim Dong Jun).

Lee-Jung-Jae-Kim-Kap-Soo-Kim-Dong-Jun.jp

Though they appear to be serious in the moment, Jang Tae Joon is taken aback when Song Hee Seob smiles brightly once they’re in an elevator away from reporters. As the politician shows completely different sides depending on whether there are cameras around him or not, it raises intrigue on what plan he has up his sleeve.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1332265wpp/lee-jung-jae-kim-kap-soo-and-kim-dong-jun-find-themselves-in-a-tricky-situation-in-chief-of-staff

This drama is too good... the whole casts are amazing... the plot is unbelievable.... even the ratings is beyond expectations...

the whole hour I keep asking myself is it drama or movie that I'm watching..... Lee Tae Joon and Kang Sung Young is the real definition of what we call Power Couple. I can't wait how they defeat all of their enemies using all of their tactics and strategy.

and 1 more Kim Kap Soo is the best when acting as a political with all his powers on make other people doing the job but he takes all the good credits and praises. All of his acting in Aide reminds me of his act in K2. 

Watching eps 2 

What do you all think of the scene where Kang met Tae joon’s boss . Is she planning to cross over ? I don’t think TJ is aware . They seem very good together & can separate work from their relationship. But I think conflict of interest is bound to happen soon . 

This is definitely one for the adults. An excellent start although the facts and figures were thrown around at a dizzying speed. ;) In a real enough way the details probably don't matter much because well... we all know that it's big picture corruption that counts in this. It's nice I suppose when a show respects the audience enough that it doesn't feel that it needs to explain every single thing all at once and let the audience work things out on their own. It's as if we've been airdropped into the middle of a network of relationships and agendas that we haven't been privy to and are only being drip fed about.

I'm not familiar with the lead actor's body of work but he's good and there is something very attractive about his smile. Shin Min-A I like a lot and her role here is definitely something she can sink her teeth into. The character can certainly take care of herself and has a great deal of political savvy to work the system and give the male lead a hand or two. I can't help wondering though if she will maintain her loyalty to him all throughout... what are the terms of their relationship and also interesting is the female staff member who seems to be (I'm thinking) crushing on Jang Tae Jun.

Jang Tae Jun underneath all that wheeling and dealing is undoubtedly more of an idealist than he lets on. Everyone thinks (and he's quite happy to let them believe it I expect) that he's eyeing a long term political career. It's clear after Episode 2 that he's much more ambitious than that. I think he is trying to take down the corrupt establishment... Big Government in bed with Big Business... and that includes his own assemblyman. Perhaps he was frustrated as a cop... as many cops are around the world. They do the work and catch the perpetrators but politics get in the way of justice being done. I expect that's why he does his daily jog around the same block reminding himself why it is he's doing what he's doing.  He's getting his hands dirty in the political arena so that people like Lee Seong-min... his mentor, can keep his nose clean and pontificate about the evils of business practices publicly.

I adore the whole "politics is theatre" angle to all of this. Kdramaland does a superb job of depicting that side of things. Appearance especially in front of the camera and a watching world is everything to politicians who see themselves as actors rather than genuine representatives of the voters. This is what I really loved about K2 which I only recently watched and speaking of which, I'm experiencing a bit of deja vu with some of the actors here. Of course, the comparisons end here. It's absolutely nail-biting stuff wondering what our protagonist gets up to stay ahead of the game and how he troubleshoots himself out of one potential crisis after another. Even if it's politics as usual, this drama has all the elements of a political thriller.

Ah... it's the director of K2 at the helm and the writer of Life on Mars... even better. 

Oh goody @40somethingahjumma, you’re watching this. It took me a while to understand what’s going on . Politics is not a genre I watch often but this one just pulled me in. The main selling point  is the writer from Life on Mars. And I also like SMA.  I only remember seeing Lee Jung Jae in my very first K movie - Il Mare , and recently in both box office hits - Along with the Gods 1& 2. But do you recall - he had a guest role in Life on Mars? I think it was the scene where he was holding them hostage in some house . 

I am trying to wrap my head around the relationships . So is Kang, Lee Seo Min , rival assemblyman Jo  is from the same party as TJ’s boss  ( the Daehan party )?  However I suppose there are two ( perhaps even more)  camps - Jo who is Kang’s sponsor and TJ’s boss , Song . Song is the current floor speaker for the party but Jo is also eyeing the role (I hope I got this right - I need to rewatch! ). Jo is suspicious of Kang helping TJ , and is now sidelining her.  Kang is now cutting a deal with TJ’s boss ( smart  move . ) .

Then there’s Lee SM - idealistic assemblyman who is keen to do things right  . Being TJ’s mentor & good friend , I believe they both share the same ideals / goals but TJ is fine with using some underhanded ways as the ends justifies the means . But Lee is more straight laced ...hmm i hope I am getting the right impressions.  :D I was quite confused at first but as the episodes progressed, it became clearer . 

Archived