[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama Starring Xu Kai and Li Yitong] Court Lady 大唐女儿行

bluehibiscus

Hi all, it takes time, effort and bandwidth to update this thread. I would like some feedback as to how many of you want me to continue updating this. Otherwise, I may give it a rest till the drama is completed and ready to air.

How do you guys think about the costumes and the hair style in this drama? I’m not familiar with Tang Dynasty culture so I ask this question before giving my opinion. 

I just hope the cast can pull off the style in this drama. No more disaster like untouchable lovers please :cry:

23 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

Hi all, it takes time, effort and bandwidth to update this thread. I would like some feedback as to how many of you want me to continue updating this. Otherwise, I may give it a rest till the drama is completed and ready to air.

Please continue as much as you can. We are happy whatever it is :)

On 9 May 2019 at 8:50 PM, akiharu said:

How do you guys think about the costumes and the hair style in this drama? I’m not familiar with Tang Dynasty culture so I ask this question before giving my opinion. 

I just hope the cast can pull off the style in this drama. No more disaster like untouchable lovers please :cry:

I'm not ready to make a judgement yet as many of the stills were taken from a distance so you can't see the details very well.

They are quite bold in mixing prints (some make me think of Japanese fabrics although Yu Zheng has said he doesn't want the costumes to look Japanese). I don't really care for the grey geometric print costume of Xu Kai. The choice of fabrics makes the ladies' skirts more puffy compared to another Tang dynasty series I watched.

The colour palette is inspired by the tri-coloured glazed pottery of that period.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived