[Drama 2019] Flower Crew: Joseon Matchmaking Maneuver Agency, 꽃파당 : 조선혼담공작소

0ly40

@raziela

I definitely agree with you when it comes to the storyline with the noble lady. I guess we need to remember this is a fusion sageuk, so there is more freedom to what the writers can put in than in a real historical drama. But still the storyline felt incomplete in the end.

I also think it was a way to show that while Ma Hoon doesn't believe in love, in the end he does - even when he doesn't admit it yet. It's a bit of an easy way to show character development by using the noble lady as a plot device for Ma Hoon. But it worked for me when it comes to that.

Just like when he agreed to the marriage of Lady Choi and the scholar.

And yes I like Ma Hoon's face! :D And YES to Gae Ttong wearing pretty hanboks... like make the men suffer. B)

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey, haven't kept up with all the posts... sorry! I will back read!

I was just wondering if anyone else caught the line when GTt said that she doesn't know what her rank is?

--At min 45 in ep 4 she says that she has a secret, which is she doesn't have class... it is when they are stomping on blankets--

I think that he will use that to convince her to try to be a noble woman... just a thought.

Therefore... any chance that her "orabeoni" is not blood related and she really is a noble woman... which would make it possible for her to end up either with our poor-second-lead LS or with our muddle-headed-but-falling MH...

Advanced issues found

Spoiler

I do hope that if his is true they won't turn her into LS's long-lost half sister... but I fear (if I'm right) it will go that way because of all the "we are a family" foreshadowing we keep getting... "Hey! you always knew you had a bond! It wasn't romantic thought it was sibling love!)

I'm curious about Gae Ttong's class as well. I first thought she thinks of herself as without class because apparently she didn't know her father and her mother left her, so it's not clear to which class she belongs. So it definitely leaves it open to interpretation. I think it would make it easy to make her a noble lady. But in the end she wasn't raised as one - she doesn't speak like a noble lady and doesn't act like one. Of course the upcoming episodes will show how well she does in the role of a noble lady, especially confronted with Ji Hwa.

If she isn't of noble descent, it's - realistically - impossible for Gae Ttong to be either, Lee Soo or Ma Hoon. But of course in the end this is a fusion sageuk, so anything is possible. :D

As for Gae Ttong's brother... I feel a little dumb because I wondered who her brother is when I translated the character chart and know that it already says it's one of Kang Mong Goo's slaves. *facepalm* So that secret isn't a secret after all. :lol:

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

The cameos this week: Choi Jin Hyuk

:wub:OPPA SARANGHAE:wub:

--

I am really loving this drama. right up my alley... massive case of STS!

Have we seen the introduction of a possible love interest for LS??? I hope so. He deserves it.

1 minute ago, tinymel said:

:wub:OPPA SARANGHAE:wub:

--

I am really loving this drama. right up my alley... massive case of STS!

Have we seen the introduction of a possible love interest for LS??? I hope so. He deserves it.

I have this sad feeling he won't get one. He deeply loves Gae Ttong but at the same time he is the king now and Gae Ttong doesn't belong in the palace. I hope he gets a happy ending though in some way. :D

Hello there @raziela nice seeing you here:D

And yea I'm gettin' My Fair Lady vibes too~

I LoL when Min Jae got scared over a mouse!:w00t: And there you have Seung Yeon just chillin' like it was no big deal. She's really unrefined but definitely street smart which probably made her resilient in the process. That tall member of the Flower Crew is so dreamy, especially with his hair down..it's unreal:wub: the stylist member has a lot of sass & is very adorable. Seung Yeon's fiance is cute too but poor dude didn't know his true identity & is now kind of thrust into (the royal throne) it by force.. 

I kind of like how Seung Yeon outdid the noble woman^_^ The scene where she managed to remove the stains off reminds me of a similar scene from Your House Helper:lol: In that drama she had wine spilled on her blazer & the guy then proceeded to remove the stain as well ha-ha!

** CJH made a special appearance in ‘Flower Crew’ because of PD Kim Ga Ram whom he worked in 'Devilish Joy'.:lol::kiss_wink:

(translation)

(starlight falling ~♪) 'a noble man' (Choi Jin Hyuk) appears in the southeast ♡_♡  (FlowerCrew) EP5

Seoyun: bi-na-i-da (비나이다)(I wish/pray),  seo-bang-nim (서방님)(husband/ dear)
(006) noble man:You seem to have a fervent/earnest wish
(023)((singing)) starlight falling down    Sharal Lalala La ----
(030) voice of shaman:  Go to the Seonangdang and pray earnestly day and night.
Then a nobleman who appears in the southeast will be sent to help your family back up.

IEEH94P.gif

Spoiler

3jpWhJO.gif

2ie9v81.gif

jJACAbL.gif

5u54WLa.gif

gg7iXNM.gif

cr to DC

One of my favorite scenes of episode 5... Ma Hoon being just very caring despite his harsh appearance. :wub: Can someone please put damp cloths in my heels, so I don't walk in them in pain anymore?

20191001_133930_2024.jpg

20191001_133935_4639.jpg

20191001_133947_6733.jpg

Spoiler

20191001_134017_1257.jpg

Credit: JTBC

I quiet enjoyed the conversation between Ma Hoon and Lee Soo. I understand Lee Soo is still caught in his feelings for Gae Ttong and I admire how loyal he is to her. But he is also not realizing what has been going on after he was taken to the palace. So it was good Ma Hoon told him that Gae Ttong was attacked by men and that he took her in.

I don't think Ma Hoon is speaking out of jealousy. I think he is genuinely concered for Gae Ttong's well-being.

The fact that Lee Soo promises to become more powerful, so he can bring Gae Ttong his side shows that he still doesn't understand the power games going on in the palace and how damaging it could be to Gae Ttong but also to him. And Ma Hoon told him that the only way to bring Gae Ttong to the palace would be as a concubine. She can never be queen. But Lee Soo doesn't understand that. He thinks of it as disrespectful as well. To him, Gae Ttong should be his wife but a commoner can never become the wife and queen of a king. It's all so complicated.

And inside the palace, Lee Soo is confronted with the political power games and how the minister is taking away his confidant, his adoptive father (who cut them onions when Lee Soo called him "Father"? :tears:). So he actually has a lot more to deal with than with bringing back Gae Ttong. He has to pretend he is all alone and at the same time build his own power.

I know it's harsh to say - and I'm not saying this because I'm rooting for Ma Hoon - but I agree that Lee Soo should forget Gae Ttong for now and take care of the matters in the palace. Otherwise he will end up as a puppet.

As for another love interest: maybe I'm wrong and Lee Soo will get one - or at least another close person he can trust in the chamber maid who kept the hairpin safe. Their encounter reminds of how King Sukjong met the water maid and later royal concubine Choi Suk Bin. I just hope she wasn't placed right there to spy on him. I think Lee Soo needs people who are genuinely close to him and are loyal to HIM.

Archived